Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Download Festival 2006
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download Festival 2006  (Read 41146 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2006, 02:55:52 PM »

Yeah, my initial liking for them has dwindled, perhaps seeing them in a live situation will change that! ;-)

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2006, 03:17:36 PM »

All the rumoured and nearly confirmed bands (Alice In Chains, Coheed & Cambria) have now been officially confirmed along with....

Alexis On Fire
Alter Bridge
Sikth
Ginger & The Sonic Circus
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2006, 04:03:49 PM »

Sikth? Quality!

Ginger and The Sonic Circus? Who?

I still don't have my ticket yet, I guess I should get around to buying it pretty soon..............

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2006, 04:04:50 PM »

^ It was who I thought it may have been. Quality!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »

Sikth are ace. Lot of diverse "Artistic" acts this year like Coheed and Sikth and Tool.
Gonna be an ace weekend.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2006, 04:11:05 PM »

It's gonna be an ace weekend as long as those bastards are showing the football!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »

It's gonna be an ace weekend as long as those bastards are showing the football!

Yes! Fingers crossed son! Cheesy
Evolution
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2006, 04:52:01 AM »

Alter Bridge

Fuckin' A!
anythinggoes
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2006, 05:18:55 AM »

interesting article i want day tickets as im going to Dublin 1st but do you think they will do them as otherise ill bite the bullet and get a festival pass

Download 2006 - More Bands...12 Weeks to go!
15th Mar 2006

View Listings for Donington Park
Published By: {author}

Download 2006 is selling faster that any other year, plus, many more bands have just been announced.  We strongly advise you to buy your tickets asap as this event will sell out.

Those bands just added....ALICE IN CHAINS, FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, COHEED & CAMBRIA, GINGER & THE SONIC CIRCUS, SIKTH, ALEXISONFIRE, ZEBRAHEAD, THROWDOWN, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS, GOD FORBID, BLEEDING THROUGH, PROTEST THE HERO, AND ENGERICA.

Download 2006 is officially the fastest selling year of the festival since it?s inception in 2003. With a dream line-up that includes headliners Tool, Metallica and Guns N? Roses, there has been an incredible rush on tickets for this year?s event and organisers are now doing everything they can to find more land and extend the campsite.

With twelve weeks still remaining the astonishing demand for tickets and accommodation has meant that at this stage, there are just a few Campervans remaining and camping space is now extremely limited. The new initiative of providing lockers for safety has proved so popular that these are now entirely sold out.

Continuing with the Download vision of creating the best festival experience, this year will see the extension of the event beyond the three days of live music. The campsite will now open at noon on Wednesday 7 June and close on Monday 12 June at midday. In a change to previous years, the campsite?s entertainment area will be around the third stage and will run from when the main stage ends until 4:00am each day, and the brand new entertainment zone will run 24hrs from 6:00pm on Wednesday 7 June until 4:00am on Monday 12 June.

This week?s announcement of bands means that a third of the line-up for Download 2006 is now complete and brings the exciting news of the return of Alice In Chains, plus confirmations from Funeral For A Friend and Coheed & Cambria amongst others.

Legendary grunge outfit Alice In Chains are joining the incredible names for Download?s line-up this year, with original guitarist Jerry Cantrell taking over the vocals from the late Layne Stanley. Ranking as one of the greats to come out of the 1990?s Seattle scene, their second album ?Dirt? from 1992 remains one of the most enduring rock albums to date, and the band ? consisting of Cantrell, Mike Inez and Sean Kinney will be out to prove their status as one of alternative music?s most beloved bands.

Following their ?secret? guest appearance at last year?s Download, the mighty Funeral For A Friend have confirmed that they are coming back to Donington Park this year. The band have enjoyed an amazing 12 months with the release of second album ?Hours? back in July ? which like their debut, achieved Gold status. With some high-profile and highly acclaimed live shows both in the UK and the US, their performance will surely qualify as one of the highlights of the weekend.

"It's going to be amazing to play the Download Festival again", FFAF drummer Ryan Richards enthuses, "especially as it's going to be the last show we'll be playing this year. It's gonna be the perfect place to end this album cycle so we'll make sure we go out with a bang...or multiple bangs...depending on the pyro budget."

New York experimentalists Coheed And Cambria are following their joint tour with Thrice to grace the stages of Download for the first ever time, with their distinctive, multi-faceted and epic conceptual rock. Renowned for their innovative sonic landscapes and taking influence from the greats of classic rock ? Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc ? they have already accumulated a massive fan-base and will show why over the festival weekend.

"There are few things that are as exciting to us as coming back to the UK," says Josh Eppard, Coheed?s drummer, "Over the last 3 years we've watched our fan base grow beyond even our imaginations! To play the Download Festival is not only an honor but I believe it to be one of the most important shows of our career. It?s always good to be back in the mother land of rock and roll!"

Describing themselves as sounding like ?two Catholic girls in mid-knife-fight?, Ontario emo-hardcore act Alexisonfire is preparing for their Download debut with their combination of energizing and caustic vocals with poetic pop sensibilities.

It?s been a good few years since Ginger, then with his band The Wildhearts, took to the stage at Donington Park, but 2006 marks his return - this time with The Sonic Circus. Ginger?s heart will be firmly on his sleeve through an eclectic performance at Download, incorporating punk, funk, rock ?n? roll and beat.

Coming back on board for Download are North London progressive rockers Sikth, after last playing back in 2004. Their taut and frenetic melodies coupled with thunderous drumming have given them an admirable reputation in the rock world and fans will be looking forward to hearing new material from their second album.

Bouncy Oklahoma quartet The All-American Rejects are coming across the Atlantic to join us at Donington Park this year, to bring a touch of lightness to the weekend. Best known for their hit single ?Swing Swing?, their pop-punk will have the crowds pogo-ing in unison.

Riotous cartoon punkers Zebrahead take to the Download stage for the first time, introducing fast and frantic melodies to the field. Tour slots with Less Than Jake and Reel Big Fish has seen their crazy live show honed to perfection, and they?ll be showing this off come June.

God Forbid have already succeeded in forging an impressive path into the metal genre with a heady mix of melody, thrash aggression and raging intensity ? their scheduled appearance at this year?s Download will undoubtedly mark a milestone on their journey, gaining them new fans and pleasing their existing ones.

Rising from the ashes of Creed, Alter Bridge are set to return to Download following their debut appearance last year. Bringing in Myles Kennedy on vocals to the original Creed line-up, their epic melodies and guitar dynamics are bound to excite the crowds once again.

Having been described as ?the next Pantera?, Californians Throwdown have set upon honing a heavy, fiercely crafted sound, taking notes from Black Flag?s breed of hardcore and producing a notable noise within the metal scene. Their first appearance at Download is bound to be exceptional.

The darkest side to the O.C ? Bleeding Through ? will deliver a high voltage set of heavily bruised songs with an added dose of anger and frustration. Critical acclaim has come from the rock press in both the UK and across the pond for this band, and these boys will be out to rock the very foundations of Donington to its core over the weekend.

Bursting out of Ontario, Protest The Hero will be firing up their cylinders to bring their hard and fast hardcore to Donington Park. Sound-wise falling somewhere between Coheed and Cambria and Every Time I Die, the 5-piece are sure to put on a terrific show for the Download crowds.

Hailing from Essex, Engerica will be coming back to Download with their young and feisty punk rock. Recently snapped up by Sanctuary, they have been creating a loud buzz with some fantastic London shows, and are soon touring with Yellowcard to support the release of their album ?There Are No Happy Endings?.

DOWNLOAD 2006

TOOL (FRIDAY 9 JUNE)

METALLICA (SATURDAY 10 JUNE)

GUNS N? ROSES (SUNDAY 11 JUNE)

DEFTONES, KORN, THE PRODIGY, FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND, TRIVIUM, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, THE ALL-AMERICAN REJECTS, COHEED & CAMBRIA, ALTER BRIDGE, LACUNA COIL, SOULFLY, ARCH ENEMY, CRADLE OF FILTH, 36 CRAZYFISTS, STONE SOUR, ALICE IN CHAINS, ALEXISONFIRE, SIKTH, WITHIN TEMPTATION, INME, EIGHTEEN VISIONS, HATEBREED, AIDEN, CLUTCH, GINGER & THE SONIC CIRCUS, BLOODSIMPLE, BLEEDING THROUGH, SOILWORK, GOD FORBID, ZEBRAHEAD, THROWDOWN, ENGERICA, TO MY SURPRISE, PROTEST THE HERO

Download 2006 continues its reputation as the ultimate all-round festival experience, offering an incomparable range of accommodation, 24hr on-site camping and entertainment, as well as a minimum of three stages and the SNICKERS? Bowl featuring around 100 bands across the weekend.

Tickets for this year?s three-day event are on sale now in a variety of packages, including, for the first time, lockers to secure your belongings:

TICKET PRICES:

Weekend Ticket - ?115

Weekend Ticket + Camping + Parking - ?135

Parking (in advance) - ?5

Parking (on the day) - ?10

Camper Vans - ?35

Lockers - ?5

Tickets are available from www.downloadfestival.co.uk or the credit card hotline 0870 400 0822. As the official website, www.downloadfestival.co.uk will contain all information about camping, accommodation and all the packages, as well as information on the transport facilities available. Camp-sites will open at midday on Wednesday 7 June through to Monday 12 June.

Get up-to-the-minute information and news by downloading the award-winning Download Dog at www.downloadfestival.co.uk/dog. Setting up home on your desktop and barking the latest news as soon as it happens, the Download Dog is an essential companion for any festival-goer.

?EVENT OF THE YEAR? ? 2003 KERRANG! AWARDS

?BEST THEMED FESTIVAL? ? 2004 UK FESTIVAL AWARDS

?BEST LIVE GIG 2004? ? KERRANG! READERS

?BEST OFFICIAL WEBSITE? ? 2005 UK FESTIVAL AWARDS
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2006, 10:12:30 AM »

Fuck Fuck Fuck.

I best get buying my tickets.

When they gave this warning last year it basically left 1-2 weeks before they sold out off the website.

One good backup though is when they do sell out off the website, places like HMV still have them Wink
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2006, 12:44:09 PM »

Warning, eh?

I guess I better get to buying my ticket soon then..................................

HMV, you say? Bollocks to HMV! I want to buy my ticket now.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »

Warning, eh?

I guess I better get to buying my ticket soon then..................................

HMV, you say? Bollocks to HMV! I want to buy my ticket now.
Yeah but if you live near one you can just walk there and buy it, plus it's good if your anti buying over t'internet like myself.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »

Avenged Sevenfold have been confirmed.

Get In!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2006, 11:19:16 AM »

Fantastic.

I guess I should probably buy my ticket pretty soon............

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2006, 11:11:08 AM »

21 NEW BANDS ADDED TO LINE UP

INCLUDING KILLING JOKE AND FIGHTSTAR

The legendary and most inspirational Killing Joke have confirmed that they will play Download 2006. This week also sees the announcement of Fightstar and a host of other bands both old and new that continues to make the breadth of the Download Festival one of the most admired in the world.

Taking place at Donington Park on June 9, 10 and 11, and officially having its fastest selling year since the festival started, Download 2006 is proud to announce that Killing Joke, Fightstar, Secret Machines, Dragonforce, Fishbone, Strapping Young Lad, From First To Last, Cathedral, Sevendust, Alter Bridge, My Awesome Compilation, 10 Years, Skindred, Dredg, Bring Me The Horizon, Blindside, Stonegard, Zico Chain, Evergrey, Exit Ten and Get Cape Wear Cape Fly will be joining headliners Tool, Metallica and Guns N? Roses across the three live music days of this incredible event.

With a history that spans over 25 years, Killing Joke has become one of the most inspirational bands ever. Picking up the ?Lifetime Achievement? Award at last year?s Kerrang! Awards, the ever-changing post-punk goth rockers stamped their blue-print on bands as diverse as Nirvana, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Fear Factory, and to the extremity of Kate Bush. It is this standing within the rock genre that makes Killing Joke the must-see band of the weekend.

Off the back of the release of their critically acclaimed debut album ?Grand Unification? which hit the UK Top 30 albums chart, Fightstar have confirmed their first appearance at Download. A side project (whilst Charlie Simpson was in pop band Busted), Fightstar eventually became the future.

?We are incredibly honoured to have been asked to play Download this year. Metallica and Guns N' Roses were the two bands that pretty much got me into music, so it's unbelievable that we are on playing at the same festival as them. There are going to be some amazing bands this year and we feel very privileged to be playing.? ? Charlie Simpson

With their self-described ?space rock? style, the Texan trio Secret Machines will rock out to a combination of shoegaze, progressive rock and krautrock on the Download stage.  With strong influences from Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and the Who, their music will permeate the UK audience with excitement.

Having revitalised power metal in the UK, Dragonforce will be bringing their extreme power metal and muscular melody sound to Donington Park for the first time. With guitar notes flying from all angles, the sextet is certain to impress.

Bursting out of South Central Los Angeles in the early 80?s along with Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane?s Addiction, Fishbone?s unique fusion of funk, ska, punk rock, reggae, and heavy metal became a benchmark for the future. Their appearance at this year?s Download once again cements the bridge between past and future.

The Canadian quartet Strapping Young Lad will be contributing some of the loudest and most intense music to the weekend with their death-trash industrial sounds. Through the rapid drumbeats, droning guitar, and synthesizer layers, they lay down humorous and self-parodying lyrics ? a must see.

American post-hardcore band, From First to Last, are one of the last truly punk bands left.  18-year-old frontman Sonny Moore will lead his band with originality that is sure to thrill.

Credited for opening the doors for doom bands of the mid-late ?90?s, English heavy metal band Cathedral will show the Download audience how they have kept doom metal alive for the past 17 years. At their finest with the release of last year?s highly acclaimed album ?The Garden of Unearthly Delights?, Cathedral belong at Download 2006.

Sevendust, famous for their energetic and powerful live shows, will stir the Download audience with a combination of heavy riffs, angry vocals, thrash-like drumming, and soulful melodies.  With songs that have been featured in Mortal Kombat and WWE soundtracks, they know how to pump up the crowds.

Rising from the ashes of Creed, Alter Bridge are set to return to Download following their debut appearance last year. Bringing in Myles Kennedy on vocals to the original Creed line-up, their epic melodies and guitar dynamics are bound to excite the crowds once again.

With the release of their first full-length album last years, and the subsequent non-stop touring, Leicester-rockers My Awesome Compilation have made an awesome international impression. This four-man band deservedly makes their debut UK festival appearance at Download.

Starting only three years ago with a strong underground following, 10 Years has been making new fans with their debut album and by opening for bands such as Velvet Revolver. The Tennessee-rooted 10 Years makes their first Download appearance with their alternative melodic-heavy fusion.

Skindred has pioneered the musical genre of ragga metal with their blend of reggae, thrash and drum & bass. The Welshmen?s distinctive blend will be a weekend highlight for punks, metalheads and dreadheads alike.

Sharpening their aggro-metal sound since their high school days, dredg?s popularity hasn?t ceased in soaring since.  With a growing cult-following, dredg?s progressive alternative style just keep pulling in new fans.

Despite only forming in March 2004, Bring Me The Horizon has gathered an impressively large fan base in the UK and US. This band from Sheffield will be inciting moshers from all over Donington.

Sweden?s Blindside are celebrating their decade-long career in style at this year?s Download, showing off their blend of hard hitting indie rock and alternating melody with rasping screams to an impressive effect.

Up and coming Norwegian metallers Stonegard follow the release of their critically acclaimed debut album with their debut Download performance.

Bonding over a love of 21st century rock, newcomers The Zico Chain are set to rock out at Download with a raucous performance smothered in influences from Jimi Hendrix, Mudhoney and the Pixies.

In the grand tradition of all things Swedish (Gothenburg), Evergrey are purveyors of real Progressive Power Metal. Founded in 1998 the quintet will be supporting the release of their brand new album Monday Morning Apocalypse.

Exit 10 are "The best thing to happen in Reading since the Festival.
This five-piece are all set to be at the fore front of the NWOBMC (New Wave Of British Metalcore)." - Metal Hammer

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly are a very different proposition. Armed with a guitar and a laptop, Sam Duckworth aka Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. has won over a legion of rock fans and critics alike, doing something different to a lot of people around right now, mixing guitar melodies with intelligent lyrics. Having just returned from South By Southwest and signing to Atlantic Records, Essex wunderkind and one-man-band Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly makes his Download debut.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2006, 12:36:10 PM »

Err... I think that I may have an exam on the Monday following GNR. That being, the next day. I'll look into it... I hope not.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »

21 NEW BANDS ADDED TO LINE UP
Having revitalised power metal in the UK, Dragonforce will be bringing their extreme power metal and muscular melody sound to Donington Park for the first time. With guitar notes flying from all angles, the sextet is certain to impress.

The Canadian quartet Strapping Young Lad will be contributing some of the loudest and most intense music to the weekend with their death-trash industrial sounds. Through the rapid drumbeats, droning guitar, and synthesizer layers, they lay down humorous and self-parodying lyrics ? a must see.

Credited for opening the doors for doom bands of the mid-late ?90?s, English heavy metal band Cathedral will show the Download audience how they have kept doom metal alive for the past 17 years. At their finest with the release of last year?s highly acclaimed album ?The Garden of Unearthly Delights?, Cathedral belong at Download 2006.

In the grand tradition of all things Swedish (Gothenburg), Evergrey are purveyors of real Progressive Power Metal. Founded in 1998 the quintet will be supporting the release of their brand new album Monday Morning Apocalypse.

Hooollyy shit!  Now I'm looking forward to it even more!!  So glad I've got a ticket.  Everyone WILL love Dragonforce, if they have any power metal honour.  Don your suit of armour and draw your swords!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2006, 06:06:42 AM »

My ticket has been purchased! Get in!  Cheesy ok
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #118 on: April 12, 2006, 04:18:11 AM »

Oi, you bastards! Who else has got their ticket? Im getting pumped now. Already started planning for the weekend of drugs!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #119 on: April 12, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »

Who else has got their ticket?
I was meant to yesterday....but instead....for the first time in 3 months i returned to my stoner ways....it'll probably be a few weeks now, but i'll get 'em eventually no worries Wink smoking

Several more acts have been added....i'll just mention the ones i have heard of.....Opeth who were pretty decent when i saw them there 2 years back, Hundred Reasons... Roll Eyes And the awesome Backyard Babies Get In! headbanger
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: