Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:44:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fortus will be back in studio for GnR this month  (Read 65296 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2005, 02:13:51 PM »

Here's what we know irregardless of the 'Amazon Incident':

1)GH2 has been shelved-the threat was real folks, an archiver was on notice to start compiling the thing, and now it's nowhere to be seen. Why would Uni cancel drop the whole thing, especially if (based on Halfin's diary and Slash's comments) Axl had a part in it? What changed that convinced Uni not to go thru with it?

2) Richard says in all his correspendence and to fans 'see you in 06...if he's going back to LA and not his home in  NYC, he will be in contact with Axl-which means the band is still together and doing something.

What I think will be the real benchmarks are Tommy's schedule and Rock in Rio. If Tommy starts booking things into the Spring, then I'd assume that everything's the same-meaning nothing's happening, because he's the guy would be leading rehearsals for any possible tour. If RIR is announced and guns isn't part of it, that's also a bad sign. But in both cases, you're not apt to get an answer till after the holiday season---I've been through this before just like everyone else-but for some reason, this time things feel weirder to me than any time since 2002...I think something is up, now, nothing might happen (it most probably won't), but I can't shake the feeling....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2005, 02:36:04 PM »

1)GH2 has been shelved-the threat was real folks, an archiver was on notice to start compiling the thing, and now it's nowhere to be seen. Why would Uni cancel drop the whole thing, especially if (based on Halfin's diary and Slash's comments) Axl had a part in it? What changed that convinced Uni not to go thru with it?

1) If GH2 being shelved-the threat had been real, why the hell the management would have made their version of "the best of"(based on the Slash comments Halfin wrote )?

2) Are you sure that Uni dropped the whole "the best of" business?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2005, 03:27:33 PM »

I can tell you with 110% confidence that Buckethead did more then solo on the material he wrote for axl's guns n roses .... if they were just now deciding to take all his work out we would be in trouble.

I figure Buckets stuff has been gone for quite some time or some agreement was made between both parties as to how royalties would go if they keep his stuff. Realize this this , buckethead created the main melodies , motif's , riffs and chord structures for many of the new songs and you can just tell someone else to go "re-record" it and that makes it all better. That work still belongs to the author , no matter who's copying it.

Also , alot of these songs sit in a pro tools enviroment where with a click of a mouse one riff played by bucket can be lifted and a riff by robin or richard or tobias or gary sunshine or dave navvaro or brian may or fucking axl is there insantly .. to my knowledge almost every song they've recorded has "alternate"versions sitting there in pro tools.

If Fortus is going back to record then fine , it probably means axl thinks he is a very important member and their for the long haul , but lets not assume he is going back to "re-record" buckets parts .. hell he could be redoing something robin stinck recorded. Or he could be going in cause axl had a fresh new idea for something.

It could be anything really , moreover .. he might not even be doing this for democracy , this could be for another album , single , b-side , radio promo etc etc .. it could be for a fucking xmas song axl wants done for beta for the holiday season.

Good post. I agree that if Bucket's parts are re recorded, this project will be in limbo longer than any of us could imagine. We don't know if Stincky has been in the studio since Big B left redoing his parts; it's possible Fortus was called in to finish it off. Who the hell could ever know? But I find it very unnerving that the wait continues while more recording is scheduled.  Fortus recently said that the album was almost done; this latest bit confirms that there is still recording for Chinese Democracy needed. You would think that the three years since the last tour was enough time to 'finish' it off, but I guess finishing touches need half a decade of time to air dry lest they crack up the light of Axl's judgment.

Where is Ron Thal when you need him?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2005, 03:35:46 PM »

This is the one place where the  band misses slash, izzy and duff, they could always talk axl into believing his work was great but he doesnt have anyone to reassure him that the work is good enough I guess.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2005, 03:41:39 PM »

1) If GH2 being shelved-the threat had been real, why the hell the management would have made their version of "the best of"(based on the Slash comments Halfin wrote )?

Okay, I asked Sp1at (no groans, please!) what the status of GH was:

"GH2 is not 'on' at the moment

The most advanced stage it got to was TBD
"

I guess the not on at the moment  could be taken that Universal still is considering it, but then it is not on any release shchedule I know of--and on conjecture my guess is that between the time Uni put out the threat of a GH and now, perhaps there was jockeying going on as to what Axl could do to satisfy them-his own GH maybe being one option. But I don't recall at any point management acknowleding a GH at all--we only have Halifn's summary of what Slash heard-things could have easily changed b/w that time and now. Who knows-i think that it's a positive sign that GH is shelved---if it pops up again, well, we know we've got a ways to go. apologies if my words in the prior post seemed misleading or conclusive.

---Nick Nasty--

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2005, 03:43:45 PM »

Okay, I asked Sp1at (no groans, please!) what the status of GH was:

"GH2 is not 'on' at the moment

The most advanced stage it got to was TBD
"

? I guess the not on at the moment? could be taken that Universal still is considering it, but then it is not on any release shchedule I know of--and on conjecture my guess is that between the time Uni put out the threat of a GH and now, perhaps there was jockeying going on as to what Axl could do to satisfy them-his own GH maybe being one option. But I don't recall at any point management acknowleding a GH at all--we only have Halifn's summary of what Slash heard-things could have easily changed b/w that time and now. Who knows-i think that it's a positive sign that GH is shelved---if it pops up again, well, we know we've got a ways to go. apologies if my words in the prior post seemed misleading or conclusive.

I posted weeks ago before splat even said it, that GH2 was NOT coming out. That is why the people at the velvet rope said.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2005, 03:46:26 PM »

I posted weeks ago before splat even said it, that GH2 was NOT coming out. That is why the people at the velvet rope said.

You're right-I think I even quoted you on it at one point, apologies again---information overload, I guess  drool

But the question remains: what stopped it from happening? Has that ever been resovled?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 03:49:07 PM by NickNastyIII: The Return » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

DemocracyRose
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2005, 03:49:56 PM »

This is all guessing what kind of work Richard will do for Axl/GNR...

And its very confusing... How hard can it be for Axl to give us an album update... Undecided

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2005, 04:00:03 PM »

KV n saul quit the Stincky calling. Angry

we don't need the bloody exs lets alone some blabberfoot. Believe the power of number 8! ok

no groans, please!
rofl rofl rofl
NickNastyIII: The Return, I understand where you're coming from.
Just I wouldn't buy what an anonymous insider says especially when it's a hell likely story ie GH2 was the threat. Wink
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2005, 04:33:23 PM »

Believe the power of number 8! ok

If that is supposed to include Bucket then it's time to re-work the math. Bucket has taken hmself outta the equation and I dont think you will ever see him in GNR again.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2005, 04:38:45 PM »

NickNastyIII: The Return, I understand where you're coming from.
Just I wouldn't buy what an anonymous insider says especially when it's a hell likely story ie GH2 was the threat

Trust me, I dont put 100% faith in anybody-I try to always be a little skeptical. Yet GH2 does not appear to be on the horizon now when it clearly was supposed to be, and my question remains: what has changed since talk of GH2 started till now?

Off Topic: Why the Finck bashing? The guy has a pretty long tenure with gnr not to mention years with Trent Reznor, and cirque de soleil I seriously doubt anyone would keep him around if he's as awful as some percieve him to be!

---Nick Nasty--

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2005, 04:40:48 PM »

I am literally amazed that so many people here think that this means anything. Hope springs eternal, I guess. Haven't some of you been waiting as long as I have? Since Spaghetti, I've been waiting. A new "rumor" pops up every couple of months, and this has been going on for YEARS and YEARS. I'm sorry, that should be DECADES. It's good to keep a positive attitude, I guess, but it's not like we haven't heard this before. Same shit, new month.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2005, 04:59:18 PM »

If that is supposed to include Bucket then it's time to re-work the math. Bucket has taken hmself outta the equation and I dont think you will ever see him in GNR again.

Big B won't even nod in acknowledgement of his place in the band at one point in time.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2005, 05:00:55 PM »

Whatever. I think we will hear him on the album(s) at least.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2005, 05:15:13 PM »

what?s really positive about this is that richard actually will work on CD in the near future........ in a splat( Grin) interview brain said that he didn`t talk to axl since rio..... i guess it`s the same with most of the other band members.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2005, 05:19:17 PM »

Some of u are so hilarious led by the GNR Kool Aid it makes me feel very sorry for some of u.

Lets look at all the stuff we have heard.

Slash says only 2 songs have been totally recorded.

We hear the album is done just putting finishing touches

We hear every part is done but Axl putting the vocals on it.

We hear the album is being mixed.

Now Richard is goin back to record.

I dont know how many people on here have an IQ over 50 but If Richard is goin back to record that means THE FUCKING ALBUM ISNT FINISHED AND IF A GUITARIST IS STILL DOING PARTS THAT MEANS LYRICS ARENT FINISHED, WHICH MEANS MIXING AND PRODUCTION ISNT FINISHED WHICH MEANS THE ALBUM IS NO CLOSER TO BEING FINISHED THAN 10 YEARS AGO.

HOW THE FUCK IS THIS GOOD NEWS???!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2005, 05:30:34 PM »

Some of u are so hilarious led by the GNR Kool Aid it makes me feel very sorry for some of u.

I dont know how many people on here have an IQ over 50 but If Richard is goin back to record that means THE FUCKING ALBUM ISNT FINISHED AND IF A GUITARIST IS STILL DOING PARTS THAT MEANS LYRICS ARENT FINISHED, WHICH MEANS MIXING AND PRODUCTION ISNT FINISHED WHICH MEANS THE ALBUM IS NO CLOSER TO BEING FINISHED THAN 10 YEARS AGO.

Your wrong!  You and I both don't know what Richard meant by that comment.  Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is only doing recording for a couple of songs?  Maybe they have already mixed the other songs.  Maybe vocals are done.  Maybe they only need to finish a song to be put on a soundtrack.  YOU don't know anything.   

The only thing we know is that he is going back to work with Axl.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2005, 05:35:56 PM »

I don't know about the state of the album except for the fact that it isn't done yet. That alone scares me.

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2005, 05:51:28 PM »

The album is finished! Its gonna come out very very soon! I think they are going back to camp to tie up loose ends, maybe a video or stuff for the first single. All these rumours for about about two months and there has just been silence from the camp! They are about to break loose and unleash this beast!! Mike

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2005, 05:55:53 PM »

Im not sure what D said is far from the truth, how many times in the past years have we heard "final mixing" "final touches" or "some vocal parts" and still months and years went by and nothing, this could be more of the same so dont jump to conclusions.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: