Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:40:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Tookie Williams (convicted murderer) desires clemency
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tookie Williams (convicted murderer) desires clemency  (Read 21828 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2005, 07:48:35 PM »

Well good riddance to the murdering sack of shit.? I could care less that he found jesus or whatever and writes kids books about staying out of gangs.? Those things are independant and irrelevant to his case which was tried before a judge and jury.? He kill 4 people in cold blood and his time is past due.? I am a huge fan of capital punishment.? Nothing says your guilty like lethal injection.? ?Grin

Yeah, especially for those wrongly convicted, and the 120-plus exonerated while on death row.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2005, 08:06:49 PM »

You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.   hihi

What system do you know of that's perfect?  There is no such system.  Our system is broke for sure, but it isn't the worst on the planet.  The number of innocent men put to death in America as a result of a trial by jury is probably very very very very very very low.  It is still worth having the death penalty to get rid of the trash that litters this world.  In a perfect world, those guilty would be shot to death during apprehension and save all of us a ton of money.  But in lieu of that, I'll take putting them to death asap.  It cost too much money to keep these people in prison.  I think anyone in prison on a life sentence should just be put to death.  There crime obviously warranted a very stiff penalty.  What is the reason to pay for their incarceration till they die if they have no hope of ever getting out?  All bleeding heart rhetoric aside, I'd rather use common sense and save the money.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2005, 08:12:38 PM »

I am actually in downtown LA.  Lets hope these people don't riot.

"These people"   Roll Eyes

LOL, too much.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2005, 08:27:35 PM »

You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.? ?hihi

The fact that you find it cute or funny that innocent people have been killed by the state once again shows your simple-minded sociopathic streak.?

What system do you know of that's perfect?? There is no such system.

Way to make my argument for me.? ok

The number of innocent men put to death in America as a result of a trial by jury is probably very very very very very very low

1. Any number is unacceptable.?

2. Id like to see on what youve based the presumption that the number of innocents put to death is "very..." low.?

3. Over 120 people were convicted, set to be put to death, and exonerated.? Thats at least 120 possibly innocent lives tthe state would have ended for crimes that these people didnt commit.?

There crime obviously warranted a very stiff penalty.

I dont think you get it.? Innocent people get convicted; it happens far more than youre willing to acknowledge.  The thought of innocent people being killed by their government is unconscionable, to those who arent immature, "tough-talking" sociopaths anyway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 08:35:14 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2005, 08:42:54 PM »

Our system is broke for sure, but it isn't the worst on the planet.  The number of innocent men put to death in America as a result of a trial by jury is probably very very very very very very low. 

The disregard for loss of innocent life continues.........

On one hand you always tell us how great we are as a nation, how we are better than anybody else. Then when asked to be accountable you lower the bar and compare our actions to those that are worse. So which one is it going to be? Are we the "leaders" of the free world, that promote democracy, liberty and truth? (Also requiring we walk the walk, not just talk the talk.) Or are we now going to stay a plane above the thugs of the world only so we can point their way when the questions get a little to tough to handle?

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2005, 10:43:31 PM »

I am actually in downtown LA.? Lets hope these people don't riot.

"These people"? ?Roll Eyes

LOL, too much.

You are insulting SLC's homies!  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2005, 11:13:36 PM »

If hes guilty then I dont care if he gets clemency, it seems like the criminals suddenly have a conscience when its there ass on the line, but somehow forgot about mercy when they murdered.

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2005, 11:55:10 PM »

He didnt get clemency from Schwarzenegger and he is about 4 hours away.

Can u imagine how fuckin scary this shit must me?

U gotta remember that little girl he blew a hole through though.

This guy doesnt deserve any pity.

U think of all the people he has directly and indirectly affected.

All the horrible schools and neighborhoods, drug addicts, drive bys that he helped influence.

This guy wasnt the poster child for clemency.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2005, 01:20:24 AM »

You can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs. hihi

That's sick... What the hell is wrong with you?   confused

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2005, 04:39:43 AM »

The guy claims he is innocent to this day.

He has been nominated for the nobel peace prize five times.

He also has been nominated a few times for the nobel literature prize. He has written books for children condemning violence.

I have seen the pictures and they are indeed grizzly. However the guy says he has evidence that proves him innocent that has not been allowed to present.

It is not like he just showed up and said "Hey I love Jesus now, and I've changed 'for the children'." This man has done a lot of work against violence since being in prison. Regardless if he is innocent or guilty you can not discount that fact, or his nominations for nobel awards. It seems to me that even if he were guilty that (if we claim to be a Christian Nation, half of you guys claim this in your arguments) we would see his work and let him remain in jail until he died. That would be the more humane thing to do would it not? And what if he were actually innocent?

Is the USA the State-sponsored murder capital of the "civilized" world? You conservatives don't trust the government to run the trains on time, but foam at the mouth with glee when it murders its own citizens. What a bunch of fuckin' hypocrites (as usual) you are.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2005, 04:40:15 AM »

I am actually in downtown LA.  Lets hope these people don't riot.

"These people"   Roll Eyes

LOL, too much.

You are insulting SLC's homies!  hihi

Just pointing out the racism as I see it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2005, 05:02:13 AM »

By KIM CURTIS, Associated Press Writer 23 minutes ago

SAN QUENTIN, Calif. - Convicted killer Stanley Tookie Williams, the Crips gang co-founder whose case stirred a national debate about capital punishment and the possibility of redemption, was executed Tuesday morning.

Williams, 51, died around 12:35 a.m. after receiving a lethal injection at San Quentin State Prison, officials said.

The case became the state's highest-profile execution in decades. Hollywood stars and capital punishment foes argued that Williams' sentence should be commuted to life in prison because he had made amends by writing children's books about the dangers of gangs and violence.

In the days leading up to the execution, state and federal courts refused to reopen his case. Monday, Gov.
Arnold Schwarzenegger denied Williams' request for clemency, suggesting that his supposed change of heart was not genuine because he had not shown any real remorse for the countless killings committed by the Crips.

"Is Williams' redemption complete and sincere, or is it just a hollow promise?" Schwarzenegger wrote. "Without an apology and atonement for these senseless and brutal killings, there can be no redemption."

Williams was condemned in 1981 for gunning down convenience store clerk Albert Owens, 26, at a 7-Eleven in Whittier and killing Yen-I Yang, 76, Tsai-Shai Chen Yang, 63, and the couple's daughter Yu-Chin Yang Lin, 43, at the Los Angeles motel they owned. Williams claimed he was innocent.

Witnesses at the trial said Williams boasted about the killings, stating "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him." Williams then made a growling noise and laughed for five to six minutes, according to the transcript that the governor referenced in his denial of clemency.

Williams was the 12th person executed in California since lawmakers reinstated the death penalty in 1977.

About 1,000 death penalty supporters and opponents gathered outside the prison to await the execution. Singer Joan Baez, actor Mike Farrell and the Rev.
Jesse Jackson were among the celebrities who protested the execution.

"Tonight is planned, efficient, calculated, antiseptic, cold-blooded murder and I think everyone who is here is here to try to enlist the morality and soul of this country," said Baez who sang "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" on a small plywood stage set up just outside the gates.

A contingent of 40 people who had walked the approximately 25 miles from San Francisco held signs calling for an end to "state-sponsored murder." Others said they wanted to honor the memory of Williams' victims.

Among the celebrities who took up Williams' cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in "Dead Man Walking"; and Bianca Jagger. During Williams' 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.

"There is no part of me that existed then that exists now," Williams said recently during an interview with The Associated Press.

"I haven't had a lot of joy in my life. But in here," he says, pointing to his heart, "I'm happy. I am peaceful in here. I am joyful in here."
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2005, 05:38:50 AM »

When I heard he died, I knew you would be the first person to post the news. hihi

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2005, 09:55:18 AM »

Ding dong the witch is dead

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2005, 12:21:07 PM »

One less piece of shit in the world.  If only the US would enforce capital punishment on child molestors and rapists.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2005, 12:55:20 PM »

I'm not really for the deathpenalty... But I do think that if you willingly take someone else's life, you should accept that your life can be taken for it as well.

I don't know if I can explain this. What I'm saying is.. I don't think  there should be a deathpenalty. I don't think it does any good. Some people might say that keeping murderers alive is wasting taxpayers' money, but I don't think human lives can be really measured in money, but that's just me. The thing that bothers me a bit is that sometimes you hear people that are being executed saying stuff like "this is wrong, I'm a different person now... nothing good will come out of this, and killing me won't bring the people I've killed back to life"... And while I might agree with the statement. That statement is not theirs to make. Not anymore, not after you've killed someone.

I haven't been following this topic very much, since it has very little relevance to me, or my life... But I do hope that he's made a peace with his god, and that he was ready for what was coming for him.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2005, 12:57:59 PM »

One less piece of shit in the world.? If only the US would enforce capital punishment on child molestors and rapists.

and ''certain'' posters on message boards.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2005, 01:26:51 PM »

i mean come on, Menace 2 Society, Boyz n' the hood, NWA ... we've got some good stuff thanks to the gangs Smiley

and again, we need to get over the punishment thing. it goes nowhere. we need to use the people who fails and do wrong.
find process that will 1- make a use of them  2 - make them better

killing em: doesnt make em better, and make us worst - i mean, if hell exists, i know some cons here are going straight to that place ( uh uh ... james, Guns N' Rock Music ...)

so we send them all to africa, they are forced to rebuild these countries. and they will learn the value of life.

and again, it's all a matter of position. Guns N' Rock Music, a question, if a close person in your family does something bad and is sentenced to death ... would you be please or would you want this person to change and be forgiven ?

if smart people can think  like that in th US, i wonder what it would be if Religion wasn't strong there. i mean, now that i hear that, i'm kinda glad that Jesus still has some power in the USA, otherwise they would lose the last drop of morality they have.

thank you jesus Wink

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2005, 04:29:55 PM »

State sanctioned murder is wrong and barbaric in any instance. 2 wrongs do not make a right and those who justify capital murder under the cloak of christianity should question their interpretation

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Surfrider
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2005, 05:02:36 PM »

I am actually in downtown LA.? Lets hope these people don't riot.

"These people"? ?Roll Eyes

LOL, too much.

You are insulting SLC's homies!? hihi

Just pointing out the racism as I see it.
Racism?  What an absurd charge.  First, I never pointed to any one ethnicity.  Second, I was simply referring to the protestors that have been running around downtown L.A. for the past few weeks.  Third, Los Angeles has been known to have a few riots when either bad events or good events occur.  In fact, they usually occur in downtown.  Finally, the mayor, Governor, and other state officials have been called for calmness in the wake of the execution.  Certainly, I am not the only one that would be worried.

Racism.  You throw that term around far too often.  It is your way of simply attacking those that you tend to disagree with.  You are flat out ridiculous.  Jarm got mad at Popmetal for calling the moderators a Gestopal, but the moderators let this idiot throw out the term racist left and right.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: