Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:47:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Can Bush bounce back?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can Bush bounce back?  (Read 27711 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2005, 09:17:55 AM »

So where is Bush's stance against illegal immigration??

Right here:

?Our strategy for comprehensive immigration reforms begins by securing the border.?  - 11/28/05

?The first part of the plan is to promptly return every illegal entrant we catch at the border, with no exceptions.? - 11/28/05

Compare that to his statements last year:

?Reform must begin by confronting a basic fact of life and economics: some of the jobs being generated in America?s growing economy are jobs American citizens are not filling.? - 1/7/04

?If an American employer is offering a job that American citizens are not willing to take, we ought to welcome into our country a person who will fill that job.? - 1/7/04

Such resolutenesss...Thank God he didnt lose to that flip-flopper.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2005, 10:04:27 AM »

So where is Bush's stance against illegal immigration?? There have been plenty of polls have shown a clear majority of Americans to be in favor of major reform.

On some issues Bush will listen to the public (miers).? However, when Big Business is involved they get what they want (immigration).

Correct.  He has to walk the line between keeping the voters happy (so the Repubs can keep control of Congress come '06 and beyond) and making sure that those campaign contributions from Big Business continue to flow into the Republican coffers.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 11:29:18 AM »

The only 'line' Bush is walking is the line leading to the victory speach podium.

You guys are as clueless on the state of American politics as the democratic party.
Which is good from our standpoint.
Keep missing the boat, we keep winning.

The base vote that won the election for George Bush is a stubborn lot. Like it or not.
Until the liberals quit being...well... so liberal, they will continue loosing.
You think its ok and fair and just and blah blah blah for gays to get married...very upstanding of you....loser
You think its ok for a 12 year old to get an abortion without telling her parents because its her right to privacy,
very upstanding of you....loser
You think its ok to feed the needy, give them welfare endlessly because they have little itty bitty babies to feed.
Religion...now theres the biggie.
You dont like Christianity being mentioned in public places cause it 'offends' someone?...loser

The red states, the 'heart' of this  great country is very set in their ways.
And until 'majority' no longer rules...you lose

And your constant whining only makes us dig our heels in deeper.

Bustin Flat in Baton Rouge
RichardNixon
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2005, 11:32:45 AM »

The only 'line' Bush is walking is the line leading to the victory speach podium.

You guys are as clueless on the state of American politics as the democratic party.

The base vote that won the election for George Bush is a stubborn lot. Like it or not.
You think its ok and fair and just and blah blah blah for gays to get married...very upstanding of you....loser
You think its ok for a 12 year old to get an abortion without telling her parents because its her right to privacy,
You think its ok to feed the needy, give them welfare endlessly because they have little itty bitty babies to feed.
You dont like Christianity being mentioned in public places cause it 'offends' someone?...loser

The red states, the 'heart' of this? great country is very set in their ways.

SLC, Booker, should we even bother...?
shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2005, 11:42:28 AM »

The issue at hand as far as your endless banter on Bush trying to look 'popular' would have to have some sort of cause and effect.
Weather you are right or wrong has very little signifigance if you keep losing elections.

Two SCJ's, reformed Social security, economy back on track after Clinton rode the wave of dot.com without preparing for life after dot.com.
War on terror is going as planned. No attacks on American soil in 4+ years spells victory for me already.
Unless your party  has some actual 'ideas'.
The red states will vote republican again.
COUNT ON IT

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

The red states, the 'heart' of this? great country is very set in their ways.

LOL.

You have just provided, along with your 2nd post, the single best example of someone who does not understand the current political climate or process as any one person could possibly provide.? And I'll bet you dollars to donuts you don't even know why....

You accuse others of wearing blinders, and then promptly ignore every piece of information currently available that shows that even the traditional "red" states are grumbling.?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 01:04:58 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2005, 01:15:44 PM »

The issue at hand as far as your endless banter on Bush trying to look 'popular' would have to have some sort of cause and effect.

You honestly can't see what the cause and effect is?  Honestly? You can't see the ties between the President's ability to get his job done effectively, his approval rating, and the Republican party who controls Congress?

If he wasn't trying to look "popular" (ie: improve his approval rating)...why "defend" himself against the dems accusations about intel mismanagement, and so publically?  Why the speech more than a week after Katrina in NO outlining a pretty "liberal" plan for rebuilding and accepting some responsibility for the government failings, on National TV, in prime time?  Why would he, and his administration, fight these issues tooth and nail in the public forum...and even launch "counteroffensives"?  Your assertion that being popular (ie: improving his approval ratings) is not on his radar is so naive that it's ludicrous.  The man has to have a mandate from the American People in order to be remotely effective...because the people he needs to push his agenda through have one objective: To get re-elected over and over and over again.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »

Personally, I'm begining to think not.? shades view is so limited and myopic that any "discussion" is almost worthless.? Even when confronted with overwhelming information and evidence to the contrary of his assertions, shades seems unable to comprehend it. In addition, he's demonstrated a pretty complete lack of knowledge on the political climate and process.?

And, given his seeming inability to abide by the forum rules.....

Together again,
SLCPUNK
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2005, 01:38:28 AM »

The red states, the 'heart' of this  great country is very set in their ways.

LOL..........nah....

I am afraid he may threaten to beat one of us up........... hihi
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 01:40:19 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2005, 01:42:23 AM »

As far as I am concerned, neither of them had any idea how to improve America's biggest problems.  I did vote for kerry as the lesser of the evils, but that doesn't mean he gets a free pass from me.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2005, 02:07:27 AM »

As far as I am concerned, neither of them had any idea how to improve America's biggest problems.  I did vote for kerry as the lesser of the evils, but that doesn't mean he gets a free pass from me.

You voted for Kerry, yet he gets no free pass from you.

Then why do you spout off like a Karl Rove robot when anybody come down heavy on W?
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2005, 02:33:23 AM »

I am no staunch defender of Bush.  I call it like I see it.  I go after him when I feel he is wrong.  However, I do the same thing for people on the other side of the political spectrum.  Something that has been a little absent in your posts.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
RichardNixon
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

What did people think of Bush's speech? More of the same shit. Why wont he address and crowd that isn't part of the armed services.

In five, ten fifteen years, do you think future presidents will ever consult Bush about anything? Carter through Clinton called on Nixon, btw.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2005, 03:01:06 AM »

No I don't think Bush will play much of a role after his time as president.  He doesn't strike me as a man of original ideas.  He is a figure head, not a real leader.

RichardNixon
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2005, 03:04:35 AM »

Poor Bush. He will have to live with himself with the knowledge that he was the worst president ever.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2005, 03:06:47 AM »

He still hasn't beaten LBJ imo.  When the dust clears in Iraq, he just might.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2005, 03:27:59 AM »

I am no staunch defender of Bush.  I call it like I see it.  I go after him when I feel he is wrong.  However, I do the same thing for people on the other side of the political spectrum.  Something that has been a little absent in your posts.

That is where you are wrong.

I have held Clinton accountable for his bullshit in other posts.

However, Bush is the current President. And the Iraq fiasco is his mess, and I will call it out as I see fit.

Think about it.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2005, 03:49:09 AM »

Great.  The statement you made about the buck stopping at the President was sloppy, imo.  People in lower positions should not be getting free passes.

shades
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2005, 09:22:08 AM »

Bush's legacy will speak for itself in the future.
What will be the liberal legacy will be that they tried to yellow belly the USA into backing down from a firm commitment to spread democracy in a part of the world that is ravaged with discontent, which breeds terror, which in recent history has gotten increasingly more Americans killed.

I only remind you taht you guys were probably in here before election 2000 chest thumping about how Bush was going down, well? Losers.
And now you are chest thumping about your visions of how Bush will be remembered as the worst president ever.
Well? news flash.
the difference between us and you is you, have already been proven to be wrong.
Losing sucks and brings out the worst in people.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2005, 09:48:41 AM »

the difference between us and you is you, have already been proven to be wrong.
Losing sucks and brings out the worst in people.
Right...like there were WMD's in Iraq, huh?

Proven wrong.....? ?rofl

I'd actually say, given his approval rating, you'd have a hard time making that case with any sort of legitamacy.? We lost the election, yes.? I'd say, so far, the proof is in the pudding, my friend.

As for losing bringing out the worst in people...you've evidenced that quite nicely over the last few days.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:16:58 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: