Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  playing some shows or benefit or duets
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: playing some shows or benefit or duets  (Read 2611 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 05, 2005, 01:15:30 PM »

we all can assume cd is done or whatever just needs to be released (hope to god)

So since everyone else is always playing with other groups and doing their solo projects which keeps them fresh why doesn't axl eevr play some shows or do work outside of gnr like  a duet?

Hell this is the band that is now called gnr so why not play a show here and there and maybe tell the fans  the status of the album? You don't need to hand out  aproduct to do work for charity like in hurricane or tsunami relief.

I just can't understand how axl doesn't play with his guys to at least keep the flame going and to keep the skills sharp in front of a crowd..

Isn't it going to be tough to last perform on dec 5th 2002 to just come back and play  who knows how many years later??

Axl is the kind of guy that seems to become more reclusive at least with fame as years go by, so why would he just go back to the ultra spotlight when he seems to avoid it all the time??

it would be cool if he used his star power for something beneficial
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:45:54 PM »

So since everyone else is always playing with other groups and doing their solo projects which keeps them fresh why doesn't axl eevr play some shows or do work outside of gnr like? a duet?

Who would want to do a duet with Axl?

You don't need to hand out? aproduct to do work for charity like in hurricane or tsunami relief.

Who would invite Axl to a charity benefit?

it would be cool if he used his star power for something beneficial

He's no longer a star in the public eye, he's a joke.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 01:47:48 PM »

Who would invite Axl to a charity benefit?

many people.. Especially if it says gnr will be there..

Who would want to do a duet with Axl?

the man was the front man of one of the biggest rock bands, so someone younger who was influenced by gnr would sure love to have him guest on their album..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 02:01:38 PM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 06:51:07 PM »

Mike, sadly Dunkin Dave might be right. I know Guns n Roses Greatest hits has sold almost five million albums around the world, but only almost 1 in USA, their home country, I think people like Daddy Yankee would help more in a charity event, you know he has sold more than 3 million albums only in the states, and I bet you dont even know him. Axl as you said, was the front man of the biggest band in the world, wich is over, they had their time, and people who used to love them were kids, now they've grown old, have jobs, responsabilities, some other just were there because It used to be cool. Dont missunderstand me Axl hasnt been forgotten but its no longer the man he used to be and obviously brings less people he used to.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 09:19:21 PM »

Mike, you have a good point. I always thought that Axl should have created some supergroup like The Traveling Wilburys. He could do an album, maybe tour, and there wouldnt be any pressure in regards to the GNR situation. He could just go out and have a blast. But for some reason, he just wont do this, or the ideas you just mentioned.

Evolution
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 09:26:25 PM »

Any benefit with GNR on the bill becomes a high cash raiser in my view
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 06:44:45 AM »

Mike, you have a good point. I always thought that Axl should have created some supergroup like The Traveling Wilburys. He could do an album, maybe tour, and there wouldnt be any pressure in regards to the GNR situation. He could just go out and have a blast. But for some reason, he just wont do this, or the ideas you just mentioned.

See that's the thing, like why can't axl work outside the gnr circle... ? Like why not keep doing music in one form or another until cd is ready or whatever he has??

Even though it's not the same brett michaels is on his own during a leave from poison and did an interview with eddie trunk on metal mania where he said he loves poison and all but he also has interest in country so as a solo artist he might go in that direction and then return to his other ways when back with CC and company..

Mike, sadly Dunkin Dave might be right. I know Guns n Roses Greatest hits has sold almost five million albums around the world, but only almost 1 in USA, their home country, I think people like Daddy Yankee would help more in a charity event, you know he has sold more than 3 million albums only in the states, and I bet you dont even know him. Axl as you said, was the front man of the biggest band in the world, wich is over, they had their time, and people who used to love them were kids, now they've grown old, have jobs, responsabilities, some other just were there because It used to be cool. Dont missunderstand me Axl hasnt been forgotten but its no longer the man he used to be and obviously brings less people he used to.

I agree in some way.. Isn't that the one who sings gasolina??  Either way if it's billed gnr it will get some kind of attention and most benefits are multiple people so either way money will be raised.. I agree more with evolution..  Gnr's name has evolved into rock icon status.. Everyone isn't buying tons of afd each week for the hell of it..

I just feel that if axl would go out and about with some collaborations or guesting here and there it would take our minds off other things and at least see he is serious about getting out again.. When I see a man taking these huge layoffs then disappearing from the public eye it doesn't give me a good feeling that he will just one day change his reclusive ways to be right in the spotlight again..

Fuck maybe by msg he was feeling a little uncomfortable being back in the public eye... I know he said he needed that and seemed very happy at msg but you never know..

If he did something cool with an up and coming group, or visited old buds like elton or tom petty.

So regardless of when he decides to release cd he can stil do many other things outside of gnr, or at least maybe jam with the band..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 08:53:16 AM »

I'm not big on super group or solo acts. disinterested and uninterested

He's no longer a star in the public eye, he's a joke.

No he's no joke but the coolest old person. Angry
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 11:30:45 AM »

I'm not big on super group or solo acts. disinterested and uninterested
isn't that what the current gnr is Kiss

I rather have something from axl in anyway shape or form then nothing but wasted years
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 12:24:36 PM »

isn't that what the current gnr is

Nah. GNR is a weird band made of a bunch of weirdos.

Well maybe I'm not as much of an Axl's personal fan as you're. Shocked
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 01:45:01 PM »

The greatest hits is past the two million mark in the USA. Roll Eyes and is still in the billboard top one hundred.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 04:13:49 PM »

The greatest hits is past the two million mark in the USA. Roll Eyes and is still in the billboard top one hundred.

Dont want to bother anyone but the daddy yankee album has sold more than 5 million albums already. Huh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:26:17 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 08:06:38 PM »

isn't that what the current gnr is

Nah. GNR is a weird band made of a bunch of weirdos.

What band isn't made up with a bunch of weirdos?

He's had a lot of opportunities and has let them all pass him up in the last ten years.

What would be cool is a charity concert with the headline "GNR Vs Metallica" in a battle of the bands.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 11:27:55 PM »

It would be cool if you want to see old people fighting  rofl just kidding dude...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 11:03:47 AM »

:drool:More whinning

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »

:drool:More whinning

what whining?? Huh
shaun
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 03:23:49 AM »

I've nothing against the odd duet here and there. But if Robbie Williams ever appeared on stage along side other GN'R'ers that for me would prove difficult to stomach Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 07:27:58 PM »

all I'm saying is it would be cool to see axl out and about doing something even if it had nothing to do with cd..
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 07:36:28 PM »

Id like that too... I rather him playing benefit shows than Touring...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 08:09:13 PM »

He'll be here, he's busy getting the details all worked out for the new Album  yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: