Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:53:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No hope for 2005?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No hope for 2005?  (Read 16647 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2005, 04:16:11 PM »

The Sanctuary deal was mentioned as an important step in the future release of CD. If the deal is under challenge in court, Sanctuary will be reluctant to go forward until the case is settled. The November trial will determine if Axl had the right to sell the publishing rights b/c it will answer the question of whether Axl is still part of the original partnership.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2005, 06:52:15 PM »

The Sanctuary deal was mentioned as an important step in the future release of CD. If the deal is under challenge in court, Sanctuary will be reluctant to go forward until the case is settled. The November trial will determine if Axl had the right to sell the publishing rights b/c it will answer the question of whether Axl is still part of the original partnership.
[/quote

Good point, who would have thought that after all the shit everyone went through to get the album recorded, almost 14 years, we now have to sit back and wait for all the other legal stuff to get sorted out. Its not fair, so close yet so far!

Jonx
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2005, 06:53:18 PM »

I can't see how he would would lose his vote. If anything there would be a 4 way split between Axl, Izz, Duff, and Slash over the back catalog and usage of this catalog in movies, games, and commercials (god help us).

Personally I am thankful Axl hasn't whored out there songs like apparently Slash and Duff want too. Because of this alone, I have lost respect for them. They would be cool if Sweet Child was used for a diaper commercial I'm sure.

Anyway Axl might come out of this looking like a hero if represented right. And he does own the name, which if CD is ever released, the old guys have nothing but their thumbs to suck off of. CD ...what the fuck...

Dude, you're sounding an awful lot like a certain dim-witted poster who likes to go on about how D & S want to whore out GnR, yet conveniently ignore the fact that, under axl's watch(along w/ S & D, to be fair), G N R music has been used on everything from lame ass sports shows(Jim Rome), to lame assed movies(Cancun Gone Wild or whatever the hell that movie was called), to video games, & many, many more. I remember Falcon(or was it Booker) posted a list that was as long as the day is long? with all the different movies, tv shows, commercials, etc WTTJ was used for. Not to mention the GnR underwear, weightlifter pants, gym shorts, leather goods, & whatever the hell else I'm leaving out that are out there, all with axl's blessing. So please don't be a hypocrite and call one camp to task for allegedly wanting to whore out the GnR name when it's already been going on for years with everyone's hero axl's blessing.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2005, 08:53:14 PM »

Actually, worst case scenario, he loses his stake in the original partnership, loses all publication rights to the old songs, and loses his vote over how the old songs are licensed. He could also be impuned by the judge if he is found to have overstepped his rights in killing several licensing deals; the judge could conceivably fine him heavily. In the end, he could stand to lose millions and alot of face.? Additionally, his publication deal with Sanctuary would be voided since half of the licensing catalog sold were the old GnR tunes. It was been said that this publication deal was? necessary for CD to be released at some point in the future.

He does own the name, but it is important that he retain control of his share of the original partnership.

for all the talk about whether the album is coming out  in 2005 or not...   oddly... what develops in this lawsuitis is what i'm more concerned with

Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour.

Me too.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2005, 12:13:39 AM »

Dude, you're sounding an awful lot like a certain dim-witted poster who likes to go on about how D & S want to whore out GnR, yet conveniently ignore the fact that, under axl's watch(along w/ S & D, to be fair), G N R music has been used on everything from lame ass sports shows(Jim Rome), to lame assed movies(Cancun Gone Wild or whatever the hell that movie was called), to video games, & many, many more. I remember Falcon(or was it Booker) posted a list that was as long as the day is long? with all the different movies, tv shows, commercials, etc WTTJ was used for. Not to mention the GnR underwear, weightlifter pants, gym shorts, leather goods, & whatever the hell else I'm leaving out that are out there, all with axl's blessing. So please don't be a hypocrite and call one camp to task for allegedly wanting to whore out the GnR name when it's already been going on for years with everyone's hero axl's blessing.

What dim witted poster? Just say it homie. Don't be a pussy.

So what is it, D&S or S&D?

I think by now its well accepted that WTTJ is as much a sports anthem as is We will Rock You. I wasn't aware that GNR had a song in a Cancun movie but they have had a track in a lame ass Adam Sandler movie, and yea that is lame and has to stop. GNR and Axl Rose was in GTA and that is fucking cool as hell and is much cooler then having a track in a commercial or whored out to more films. Man I remember the lawsuit that was S&D(or D&S), stating that Axl turned down too many opportunities for GNR music to feature in films and T.V. That is fact dude.

So Axl has given the ok sometimes, but he's definately restrained. If Duff and Slash had their way, there would be excessive whoring. They bitched about that, so you really can't argue otherwise. This isn't about me being a hypocrite. Its about listening to what people say, and not recreating history.

You remember who the dim wit is now Paco?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
RichardNixon
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2005, 12:15:36 AM »

If "Chinese Democracy" comes out in 2005, I will cut off my balls and mail them to Jarmo peace

I really don't see a '05 release. Look at it this way: Pearl Jam has a new CD comming out in the spring, and there is a buzz around it and the band is doing some interviews. With GN'R, who the hell knows what's going on.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 12:17:35 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2005, 01:03:13 AM »

What dim witted poster? Just say it homie. Don't be a pussy.

So what is it, D&S or S&D?

I think by now its well accepted that WTTJ is as much a sports anthem as is We will Rock You. I wasn't aware that GNR had a song in a Cancun movie but they have had a track in a lame ass Adam Sandler movie, and yea that is lame and has to stop. GNR and Axl Rose was in GTA and that is fucking cool as hell and is much cooler then having a track in a commercial or whored out to more films. Man I remember the lawsuit that was S&D(or D&S), stating that Axl turned down too many opportunities for GNR music to feature in films and T.V. That is fact dude.

So Axl has given the ok sometimes, but he's definately restrained. If Duff and Slash had their way, there would be excessive whoring. They bitched about that, so you really can't argue otherwise. This isn't about me being a hypocrite. Its about listening to what people say, and not recreating history.

You remember who the dim wit is now Paco?

OK, so what your saying is you'll decide what's "cool as hell", & what's whoring, &? video games, GnR underwear, weightlifter pants, sweats, leather goods is OK in your book. Whatever, dude.

And the lawsuit wasn't because rose turned down too many opportunities, it was because he unilaterally turned them down when he didn't have the contractural right to. If that's your pretex for calling S&D whores & giving axl a pass that's pretty weak.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2005, 01:57:07 AM »

Whether Axl "unilaterally turned them down when he didn't have the contractural right to" or not, Axl turned these down. You just changed the context of the argument to better make a point I'm not even arguing. For whatever the legalities, Axl turning them down is a good thing for GN'R.

Now, are you even arguing the fact that Axl and GNR appearing in GTA is the same thing as GNR appearing in trite like an Adam Sandler or some teen movie, or some douchie commercial? You are saying that is just as cool for the image of GNR? If you are saying that is just as cool then you are fucking right about me. I sure as shit should take over the decision making of what is cool and what is whoring out.

The line has to be drawn at some point, and the side of the line that S&D are standing on wants GNR to appear in more commercials and films. Axl wants less. This seems clear even by your own assesment of the case. You are fishing dude.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2005, 08:04:44 AM »

If "Chinese Democracy" comes out in 2005, I will cut off my balls and mail them to Jarmo peace

I really don't see a '05 release. Look at it this way: Pearl Jam has a new CD comming out in the spring, and there is a buzz around it and the band is doing some interviews. With GN'R, who the hell knows what's going on.

Haven't you got in trouble with bets about CD before?  hihi nervous hihi

or was that someone else?

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2005, 09:38:06 AM »

Another prick? I can't see Jarmo accepting the pressies. hihi

give it up, people...it is quite obvious that this album will never be released...at least not while axl is still alive...move on...gnr is over

Is it really necessary to attack people verbally and name call because someone has a different opinion than your own, about Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy?

I'm not talking about attacking people's opinions.  It's calling someone a prick or telling someone to leave - the personal attacks.  Yes, this is a Guns n Roses website.  I think most of us here (including myself, believe it or not) come here because we are fans.  If I couldn't stand them, I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's not like I just picked a GnR site one day and thought, "hey, I have nothing better to do, I think I'll just go here and harrass people"!  Really.  I've been a huge fan of the band and of Axl (again, yes, believe it or not).  I think it's just that some of us have gotten very frustrated and disillusioned and that gets expressed here.  That's all it is.  I guess I'm just surprised (or maybe I shouldn't be, I don't know) at how defensive people get. 

Utter Bullshit. Of all the personal remarks flying around, why you should pick n attack theses 2 'nothing personal' posts is beyond human understanding. Your account cotradicts itself in unjustifiable defence.
personal attacks? By considering my "follow your own advice" comment as telling someone to leave, You're implying that the original advice was an eviction order to us, which is prickly. What is the opinion in his post, anyway?

What's the logic taking it out on us just because they're frustrated and disillusioned? That's not ON in any case. We don't deserve it, thank you very much.
Whiners, Go there or to hell. peace
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=9d8b404286b11885b38470566befd9d2&topic=22258.0
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2005, 10:01:17 AM »

Whether Axl "unilaterally turned them down when he didn't have the contractural right to" or not, Axl turned these down. You just changed the context of the argument to better make a point I'm not even arguing. For whatever the legalities, Axl turning them down is a good thing for GN'R.

Now, are you even arguing the fact that Axl and GNR appearing in GTA is the same thing as GNR appearing in trite like an Adam Sandler or some teen movie, or some douchie commercial? You are saying that is just as cool for the image of GNR? If you are saying that is just as cool then you are fucking right about me. I sure as shit should take over the decision making of what is cool and what is whoring out.

The line has to be drawn at some point, and the side of the line that S&D are standing on wants GNR to appear in more commercials and films. Axl wants less. This seems clear even by your own assesment of the case. You are fishing dude.

Buddha, you're missing the big picture! The cat's out of the bag already. Either they're ALL whores for allowing GnR underwear, gym shorts, etc..., or they're all not. Just for the record, I couldn't give a shit about the video games, movies, commercials, gym shorts, etc... I just saw a commercial for Jack Daniels on TV using a Janes Addiction song(Jane Says). I'm not going to start losing respect for them over that. Who cares? Same goes for Led Zep, Aerosmith, Lou Reed, & whoever else allows their music or name ?be used.

And I did not change the context of the argument to make a point. I was pointing out the fact that you mischaracterized that situation, and then you based your opinion & argument on that mischaracterization.

A whore's a whore, whether it's a skank giving $15.00 BJs outside the lincoln tunnel or a high priced heidi fleiss call girl charging thousands of dollars, & if you're going to be fair & consistent, either Duff, Slash, and Axl are all whores for what they've already allowed, or you get off your high horse(no pun intended).
MichelleAK3
Headliner

« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2005, 10:52:01 AM »

I dont care if he markets his name . gnrs name, a clothesline, a food line, or anything else, thats actually common to do, alot of celebrities buy resteraunts or market other things under there BIG name. So what? the only difference is Axls more popular, you dont see adler getting a clothesline or even the supposed great slash, if people will buy the product that means theres a demand. I am proud to know that the younger generation admires what GNR did back in the day. Furthermore the beatles had the yellow submarine cartoon, childrens books, the jacksons had the jackson 5 cartoons, to this day nobody sits around thinking about it, they remember the white album or michael jacksons mystique, it has no bearing on axls new album. Chinese Democracy can be released whenever axls ready to and when his advisors say its legally ok to. Guess what everyone here will go buy it and listen to it. So the rest is a moot point!

"I hope you're proud of yourself for the times you've said 'yes,' when all it meant was extra work for you and was seemingly helpful only to somebody else."

From The World According to Mister Roger
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2005, 11:55:49 AM »

So Axl was right for now allowing WTTJ to be allowed in Black Hawk Down which was trying to recreate the actual events of this battle?  And he was right for letting some kid in Can't Harldy Wait sing Paradise City while he was drunk for the first time at an end of the year senior party? 

providman is right about this.  Its ok to admit you made a mistake, nobody here on the board is going to sacrifice you for it.  Like he said, GNR whored themselves out years ago with their PINBALL MACHINES, POSTCARDS, BELT BUCKLES, COMIC BOOKS, AND CLOCKS.  Not to mention the other stuff that providman mentions.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2005, 12:22:11 PM »

'Scuse me dudes. A whore is not a whore. Some whores just need a little cash and do a couple johns before calling it quits. Some whores make it a career. You cant tell me the puss is the same though.

The Black Hawk thing was fucked up politics. Axl wanted the new band to have their version, obviously Duff and Slash didn't. I fully agreed that the original should have been used and Axl fucked up there no question.

But what the fuck is up with "And he was right for letting some kid in Can't Harldy Wait sing Paradise City while he was drunk for the first time at an end of the year senior party?" What kid? Wait the kid was you right? And you believe you talk to Axl and he wanted you to sing at your school.

If you don't grasp the concept of quality control, then you stepped into the wrong conversation. Wearing your favorite bands logo on a shirt is different then hearing their music in an irish springs commercial. Appearing in a controversial edgy best selling videogame is different then appearing in just another teen movie.

I never said Axl never whored his shit either. I am talking about the quantity and the selection of the whoring. The guys have a right to license there music out and make money, but there needs to be a better selection process.

Look. You know what a big difference between Arnold Schwarzennegger (the actor) and the Siegals and Van Dams of the world? They are all actors right? But Schwarzennegger picked his roles better. He like Axl made some fuck ups no doubt. But he knew better then they did when to turn something down and not do another lame straight to video release. You can't say Axl is the same kind of whore Slash and Duff are, just like you can't say Arnold, Van Dam, and Siegal, are all action stars. No. One of them is fucking Conan and the Terminator.

If Axl was the same kind of whore then Duff and Slash wouldn't be bitching about Axl's lack of wanting to license an d make more money from their music.

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2005, 12:36:48 PM »

But what the fuck is up with "And he was right for letting some kid in Can't Harldy Wait sing Paradise City while he was drunk for the first time at an end of the year senior party?" What kid? Wait the kid was you right? And you believe you talk to Axl and he wanted you to sing at your school.

If you don't grasp the concept of quality control, then you stepped into the wrong conversation. Wearing your favorite bands logo on a shirt is different then hearing their music in an irish springs commercial. Appearing in a controversial edgy best selling videogame is different then appearing in just another teen movie.

If Axl was the same kind of whore then Duff and Slash wouldn't be bitching about Axl's lack of wanting to license an d make more money from their music.

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?  You don't even have a clue as to what Slash and Duff were trying to "whore their music out to".  The only thing we know about is Black Hawk Down. 

Obviously you have never seen the monstrosity that is Can't Harldy Wait.  Although you are oh so witty and clever in your comeback about it being me.  Go watch Can't Hardly Wait, then you can come back here holding your head in shame knowing that Axl let some one put Paradise City in this awful excuse for a film. 

Since you are a quality control whiz, I'd like to know where you heard that Slash and Duff were pushing to get GNR in an Irish Springs commercial.  I certainly have never heard of that happening before.  In fact, I want an entire list from you of stuff that Slash and Duff were pushing to get GNR music in.  Yes its in bold so that you don't miss it.  I am curious to know how they are destroying the GNR name. 
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »

Go watch Can't Hardly Wait, then you can come back here holding your head in shame knowing that Axl let some one put Paradise City in this awful excuse for a film. 

I've never seen the whole film, only the scene with PC, and I have to say I almost choked with laughter....in a good way  Grin

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2005, 12:52:45 PM »

Go watch Can't Hardly Wait, then you can come back here holding your head in shame knowing that Axl let some one put Paradise City in this awful excuse for a film. 

I've never seen the whole film, only the scene with PC, and I have to say I almost choked with laughter....in a good way  Grin

Honestly, I was being extreme with my description of the movie.  It is 'another teen movie' as Buddha described.  It is watchable and some of it is actually entertaining if you give it a chance.  I have to admit that I sat through the whole thing! 
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2005, 01:23:22 PM »

War...what is it go...absolutely nothing....

I already made it clear that Axl fucked up too, so don't pretend you didn't read what I wrote. But you do know that Duff and Slash are pissed that they lost "millions" because Axl wouldn't license more of their music out. That says, that they wanted to go to the well more then Axl. More is key.

You want me to produce a list for you? Suck me dude. You don't pay my bills.

And what's with you clowns and your extremes. Fools are always trying to get people to defend themselves against things they never even said.

"I am curious to know how they are destroying the GNR name." Good luck on your journey. That is a hell of a deep rooted question. I am sure you will ponder that for years. I want to understand the meaning of life but each to his own.

WAR41
VIP

« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »

War...what is it go...absolutely nothing....

I already made it clear that Axl fucked up too, so don't pretend you didn't read what I wrote. But you do know that Duff and Slash are pissed that they lost "millions" because Axl wouldn't license more of their music out. That says, that they wanted to go to the well more then Axl. More is key.

You want me to produce a list for you? Suck me dude. You don't pay my bills.

And what's with you clowns and your extremes. Fools are always trying to get people to defend themselves against things they never even said.

"I am curious to know how they are destroying the GNR name." Good luck on your journey. That is a hell of a deep rooted question. I am sure you will ponder that for years. I want to understand the meaning of life but each to his own.

*Defense mechanism goes up*

Easy there tiger, all I wanted to know is how you are so sure of what you are talking about.  If you had originally said "Slash and Duff want to use the GNR name more than Axl does and I think that may tarnish or cheapen their overall image" I would have let it go.

Lets go back to your original post "I can't see how he would would lose his vote. If anything there would be a 4 way split between Axl, Izz, Duff, and Slash over the back catalog and usage of this catalog in movies, games, and commercials (god help us).

Personally I am thankful Axl hasn't whored out there songs like apparently Slash and Duff want too. Because of this alone, I have lost respect for them. They would be cool if Sweet Child was used for a diaper commercial I'm sure."

You then went on to say "These two will tarnish the GNR name far worse then Axl has trying to get CD out there. I made a joke regarding SCOM being used in diaper commercials but, that won't be far from the truth. They have bitched for years about wanting GNR music in more movies and television. That is fucked up gay shit. Used in something like GTA is one thing"

1) If Slash and Duff own the GNR name, which commercials, movies, video games do you know of that they want to use SCOM in that "won't be far from the truth"?  Is it so wrong to call you out on something you clearly know nothing about?

2) Since GNR has already been used in past movies (and those 'teen' movies you spoke of later on) their name is already tarnished according to your definition.  So it should not matter what is done from now on because the name is already tarnished.

3) I love how after your first post you made it a point to mention GTA in your next post because you obviously forgot that Axl had done that.  You can deny this all you want, but anyone with half a brain (including me, there goes your great comeback!) notices this. 

4) I didnt mean to start an argument over this, but you got all defensive when I questioned you about it.  Same old posters getting defensive and upset when they can't provide support for their argument. 

Oh and when you find out the meaning of life mr philosopher please be sure to post it here for all of us! ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2005, 04:10:18 PM »

Go watch Can't Hardly Wait, then you can come back here holding your head in shame knowing that Axl let some one put Paradise City in this awful excuse for a film.?

I've never seen the whole film, only the scene with PC, and I have to say I almost choked with laughter....in a good way? Grin

me too I love that scene...  rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: