Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:40:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No hope for 2005?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: No hope for 2005?  (Read 16638 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »

give it up, people...it is quite obvious that this album will never be released...at least not while axl is still alive...move on...gnr is over

Why don't you follow your own advice, then? Roll Eyes
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2005, 05:55:49 PM »

"Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour."

If that's the case and the man is waiting for the legal troubles to end...then it aint ever coming.

We have to learn to let go of the things we truly love. It most likely isn't coming this year, and maybe it won't next year. But its cool. I have accepted the things I don't have any control over. I want to hear it at least as bad as the biggest nutjob in here. But I want a lot of things. Like, I want my 500U model 50" HD Panasonic Plasma to come this Friday, so I can connect it to my new 7.1 Paradigm sound system, just in time for guy night. But if it doesn't, it will be what it will be. We will just have to have another round of the gas mask instead. You dig where I'm coming from?

Chinese Fucking Democracy. What a tragic fucking shame though if something fucked up was to happen to a real fan before this album comes out. But, we have to live and not worry about this because we don't have control. Its out of our hands...so, we have to live. It'll be alright.

I don't think most of the suits he has faced were this important. The trial in November is for his share of the back catalog; millions of dollars and control over songs that he created. It doesn't get much bigger than this outside of a criminal trial. Axl better have a good case and win out or I believe he loses alot of legitimacy to the GnR name. After all if he has no control over the old material at all why should he have the name.

Maybe so. But worse case scenario, he has to share profits with the old guys on the back catalog right? So what's the difference with what he has been doing all along. He still ownes the name. They signed over their right to it, and he could release a collection of old tracks completely remade, and at the worse maybe have to share some kind of fee (like when anyone remakes a song). I bet this case isn't really that big of a deal. I bet Axl doesn't even have to show up to court, leaving his attorneys to handle it and represent him.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
rainX
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2005, 06:01:44 PM »

It don't really matter
gonna find out for yourself..........

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2005, 06:03:15 PM »

This record will make us be bipolar... hihi

I'm already there. ?Diagnosed 4 years ago. ?Maybe Axl can help with my prescription benifets? ?I can use the "I've been waiting for CD so long I've developed BP." ?Grin

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2005, 11:11:46 PM »

"Personally, I believe Axl is mustering strength for the trial next month. When that is over, I hope plans for the album take off and he will commit himself to a release and a tour."

If that's the case and the man is waiting for the legal troubles to end...then it aint ever coming.

We have to learn to let go of the things we truly love. It most likely isn't coming this year, and maybe it won't next year. But its cool. I have accepted the things I don't have any control over. I want to hear it at least as bad as the biggest nutjob in here. But I want a lot of things. Like, I want my 500U model 50" HD Panasonic Plasma to come this Friday, so I can connect it to my new 7.1 Paradigm sound system, just in time for guy night. But if it doesn't, it will be what it will be. We will just have to have another round of the gas mask instead. You dig where I'm coming from?

Chinese Fucking Democracy. What a tragic fucking shame though if something fucked up was to happen to a real fan before this album comes out. But, we have to live and not worry about this because we don't have control. Its out of our hands...so, we have to live. It'll be alright.

I don't think most of the suits he has faced were this important. The trial in November is for his share of the back catalog; millions of dollars and control over songs that he created. It doesn't get much bigger than this outside of a criminal trial. Axl better have a good case and win out or I believe he loses alot of legitimacy to the GnR name. After all if he has no control over the old material at all why should he have the name.

Maybe so. But worse case scenario, he has to share profits with the old guys on the back catalog right? So what's the difference with what he has been doing all along. He still ownes the name. They signed over their right to it, and he could release a collection of old tracks completely remade, and at the worse maybe have to share some kind of fee (like when anyone remakes a song). I bet this case isn't really that big of a deal. I bet Axl doesn't even have to show up to court, leaving his attorneys to handle it and represent him.

Actually, worst case scenario, he loses his stake in the original partnership, loses all publication rights to the old songs, and loses his vote over how the old songs are licensed. He could also be impuned by the judge if he is found to have overstepped his rights in killing several licensing deals; the judge could conceivably fine him heavily. In the end, he could stand to lose millions and alot of face.  Additionally, his publication deal with Sanctuary would be voided since half of the licensing catalog sold were the old GnR tunes. It was been said that this publication deal was  necessary for CD to be released at some point in the future.

He does own the name, but it is important that he retain control of his share of the original partnership.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:16:26 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2005, 11:31:20 PM »

I can't see how he would would lose his vote. If anything there would be a 4 way split between Axl, Izz, Duff, and Slash over the back catalog and usage of this catalog in movies, games, and commercials (god help us).

Personally I am thankful Axl hasn't whored out there songs like apparently Slash and Duff want too. Because of this alone, I have lost respect for them. They would be cool if Sweet Child was used for a diaper commercial I'm sure.

Anyway Axl might come out of this looking like a hero if represented right. And he does own the name, which if CD is ever released, the old guys have nothing but their thumbs to suck off of. CD ...what the fuck...

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2005, 11:38:28 PM »

I can't see how he would would lose his vote. If anything there would be a 4 way split between Axl, Izz, Duff, and Slash over the back catalog and usage of this catalog in movies, games, and commercials (god help us).

Personally I am thankful Axl hasn't whored out there songs like apparently Slash and Duff want too. Because of this alone, I have lost respect for them. They would be cool if Sweet Child was used for a diaper commercial I'm sure.

Anyway Axl might come out of this looking like a hero if represented right. And he does own the name, which if CD is ever released, the old guys have nothing but their thumbs to suck off of. CD ...what the fuck...

There were three members of the partnership when the band reconvened after the illusion tour: slash, duff, and axl. S&D claim that Axl gave them a letter in which he resigned from the partnership and received full use of the Gnr name from which he was the sole partner.

If axl loses this suit, he will lose his vote as part of the three person partnership of the old band. He would lose his publication rights (he could not sell or collect from them) and could not vote on how old gnr songs are used.

Read the brief and the thread tacked up above. There is alot on the line here.

He stands to lose face because essentially he could be frozen out from the old song catalog and even though he owns the name of the NewGnR sans all original members save himself, Slash and Duff would own the licensing rights to all the old songs.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 11:42:04 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2005, 03:14:19 AM »

give it up, people...it is quite obvious that this album will never be released...at least not while axl is still alive...move on...gnr is over

I think you will find that you are grossly mistaken. Time for you to leave I think prick.

jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2005, 04:20:16 AM »

I think you will find that you are grossly mistaken. Time for you to leave I think prick.

I absolutly agree!!!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
legolas
Opening Act

Vicarious existence is a fucking waste of time!

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2005, 04:33:51 AM »

I still say March 29, 2006.? We'll see.? I doubt we'll see it this year.? Maybe a single announcment previous to the end of the year, but we probably wouldn't hear the track itself until January or possibly early February.

Keep in mind, this is all pure speculation on my part.. time will tell.

-darknemus

Have to share -darknemus his opinion. If they (finally) release CD, using -darknemus his time frame, they'll probably launch a tour next summer. But it all can easily be in 2007 or even later.........

230622-Groningen,120717-GoffertP-Nijmegen,060412-Ahoy-Rdam,100310-Gdome-Arnhem,
070206-GoffertP-Nijmegen,082402-Pukkelp-Hasselt060593-Goffertp-Nijmegen062392-Feyenoord, Rdam
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2005, 09:16:19 AM »

If we have nothing by the time 2007 rolls around I'll be long gone! I plan on a single for Christmas then for my birthday (March) new cd. I'm putting my foot down! Grin

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2005, 11:39:04 AM »

Man the lawsuit thing sounds crazy if that's true.

If Slash and Duff together, get 100% rights to the old catalog...

Someone with money might have to have them taken out by someone who has nothing. These two will tarnish the GNR name far worse then Axl has trying to get CD out there. I made a joke regarding SCOM being used in diaper commercials but, that won't be far from the truth. They have bitched for years about wanting GNR music in more movies and television. That is fucked up gay shit. Used in something like GTA is one thing...fucking dee dee dee clowns. Better not come out that CD is being held up because of Saul and Micheal.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »

why should the law suit hold up Axl releasing CD?

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2005, 12:18:25 PM »

These two will tarnish the GNR name far worse then Axl has trying to get CD out there. I made a joke regarding SCOM being used in diaper commercials but, that won't be far from the truth. They have bitched for years about wanting GNR music in more movies and television. That is fucked up gay shit. Used in something like GTA is one thing...fucking dee dee dee clowns.

So, by this rationale because GNR has been used in movies already like The Program, Can't Hardly Wait, The Dead Pool, and Lean on Me they are already fucked up and gay?  What is the difference between GTA and The Program?  I don't make the connection as to why one is fucked up gay shit and the other is fine. 

If I was ever in a situation like GNR are in, I would take the Matt Stone and Trey Parker approach.  Cash in while you can because some opportunities might not be there forever. 
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2005, 01:26:14 PM »

why should the law suit hold up Axl releasing CD?

Because they can't find another excuse for their God. Remember, after09/11 Axl-believers wrote that he was afraid of terrorism. Before the US elections some clever Axl supporters claimed that Axl was waiting for a political change and he wouldn't release his album till Bush was the president. After the law suit they will find out that Axl is worried by the bird flue. And then the next US elections, or does want to celebrete the democracy in China so he has to wait...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2005, 02:05:03 PM »

Is it really necessary to attack people verbally and name call because someone has a different opinion than your own, about Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy? Not all of us here believe that Axl's infallible or hold out any hope that the album is going to be released, let alone this year.  But that should not mean that we are not allowed to post here or express that opinion.  Maybe we will be proven wrong, in the future.  Maybe CD will finally be released in this lifetime, maybe even next year.  But I don't think there's any hope for 2005 or that the pending lawsuit is holding anything up.  How many excuses does the man need, after all these years?  There have been many opportunities, in the past, to release the album, prior to this lawsuit, so it's not fair to blame two former members who have nothing to do with CD for holding anything up.             
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2005, 02:22:08 PM »

it's not us who's attacking the different opinions than their own.

Basically This is a board that is dedicated to the band of the past and the PRESENT n future.
Again, Who is attacking it? Go figure.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2005, 02:28:30 PM »

Is it really necessary to attack people verbally and name call because someone has a different opinion than your own, about Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy?

Normally I would agree with you lynn. People are entitled to their own opinions thats cool and my philosophy. But with regards to this, no I dont agree and yes I feel I am quite right to have a moan because the last time I looked this was a Guns n Roses website. So why come on here to moan about the band and say the album and the band are over? There are many bands I cant stand, but I dont go onto their fan websites and get all fucking gobby about that particular band.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2005, 03:06:07 PM »

These two will tarnish the GNR name far worse then Axl has trying to get CD out there. I made a joke regarding SCOM being used in diaper commercials but, that won't be far from the truth. They have bitched for years about wanting GNR music in more movies and television. That is fucked up gay shit. Used in something like GTA is one thing...fucking dee dee dee clowns.

So, by this rationale because GNR has been used in movies already like The Program, Can't Hardly Wait, The Dead Pool, and Lean on Me they are already fucked up and gay?? What is the difference between GTA and The Program?? I don't make the connection as to why one is fucked up gay shit and the other is fine.?

If I was ever in a situation like GNR are in, I would take the Matt Stone and Trey Parker approach.? Cash in while you can because some opportunities might not be there forever.?

Naw man, you are taking this way too black and white. A line has to be drawn in how much whoring of GNR songs are used for movies and commercials.?

"If I was ever in a situation like GNR are in, I would take the Matt Stone and Trey Parker approach.? Cash in while you can because some opportunities might not be there forever."

Were you just trying to come up with something cute to say? GNR has a legacy. They have material that is considered classic. That is fact. You keep going to the well and licensing your shit out too much and the shit gets thin.

You remember the Doors? Jim never wanted their music to be used for commercials. So what happened? The 3 other member, creating a majority went behind his back and gave the okay to use "Light my fire" for a fucking commercial. You either agree with doing this or you don't.

I say if nothing else, GNR music still has integrity. But you give the okay and go to the well too many times for an Adam Sandler movie or some some equally non important project, its only the music that will suffer. You have to pick and choose, and not let money grubbing whores fuck the music in the mainstreams conscienceness.

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2005, 03:16:40 PM »

Is it really necessary to attack people verbally and name call because someone has a different opinion than your own, about Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy?

Normally I would agree with you lynn. People are entitled to their own opinions thats cool and my philosophy. But with regards to this, no I dont agree and yes I feel I am quite right to have a moan because the last time I looked this was a Guns n Roses website. So why come on here to moan about the band and say the album and the band are over? There are many bands I cant stand, but I dont go onto their fan websites and get all fucking gobby about that particular band.
it's not us who's attacking the different opinions than their own.

Basically This is a board that is dedicated to the band of the past and the PRESENT n future.
Again, Who is attacking it? Go figure.
I'm not talking about attacking people's opinions. ?It's calling someone a prick or telling someone to leave - the personal attacks. ?Yes, this is a Guns n Roses website. ?I think most of us here (including myself, believe it or not) come here because we are fans. ?If I couldn't stand them, I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's not like I just picked a GnR site one day and thought, "hey, I have nothing better to do, I think I'll just go here and harrass people"! ?Really. ?I've been a huge fan of the band and of Axl (again, yes, believe it or not). ?I think it's just that some of us have gotten very frustrated and disillusioned and that gets expressed here. ?That's all it is. ?I guess I'm just surprised (or maybe I shouldn't be, I don't know) at how defensive people get. ? Enough said.  I'll let people get back on topic.... (try to hold back your cheers!)? ?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:24:02 PM by lynn1961 » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: