Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76690 times)
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2006, 04:42:58 PM »

Does anyone notice how all the losties on the island have either been involved in someone's death or caused a death inadvertently? you can see this in the flashbacks. I think Ben is the tumor person and he purposely brought down the plane as when in a previous episode while he was talking to Juliet, the plane crashed and the their island rocked and he made a commment like, Oh we got a good one. I think he is going to ask Jack to save him but wanted the upper hand so Jack will still do whatever the hell they are sending people out in to the world to do. Ben may actually be a lot older than he looks as doesn't the island have mystical powers to heal - when it wants - Locke, the black lady and man, etc. Why didn't it heal Eko - cause it was his time to go. I think the force wanted Eko to confess and feel bad for living his life the way he did but I completely agree with his confession - you do what you have to do in life to survive whether it is good or evil. You might not always have bad intentions when you do something bad.

I think Ben is a scientist playing with life. Maybe the island the losties are on is where the failed experiments reside good and bad. I think he might have started with animals and moved on to humans. In real life there are magnetic poles and some other things that are a little weird so maybe he has created this small universe in which he can manipulate things to be the way he wants them to be. maybe he is trying to create a super race of humans thus the scientific experiments and the hospitals scenes with needles from the flash backs of some of the lost people and send these people into the world to recruit others and when they find others who they think may be suitable, they manipulate their lives to get them to the place they want them to be. I think he started out with good intentions, probably trying to create the fountain of youth or cure disease and then power went to his head and it became more evil.

I think the last two episodes were the best this season. I don't really like new characters but Siyad, locke and Jen have pretty good backgrounds along with sawyer so that should keep it interesting. Yeah, maybe the directors is right, they make it up as they go and any speculation is wrong. But there must be some thought put into it or things would not tie together - not that it all does now but things have crossed paths.

I bet the dude in the eyepatch is one of the others watching them and they were able to get him briefly watching them since Ben's place seems to have cameras everywhere. I have a feeling the losties are being watched even if they don't notice the cameras.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2006, 10:30:39 PM »

Any theories as to  what the black smoke is? Is it real? Or  another  mindfuck?
Evolution
« Reply #282 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:11 AM »

It's really going to annoy me if Jack the hero refuses to kill Benjamin because of his oath. That is, if Juliet is telling the truth.

As for the smoke.....

Seriously can't wait to hear how they explain it.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #283 on: November 03, 2006, 08:05:21 AM »

Any theories as to? what the black smoke is? Is it real? Or? another? mindfuck?
the smoke might be just a cover for some sort of mechanism that is able to grab people. if you listen you can hear sounds like some pulleys(don't know if that's the word) are moving or chains...
or maybe the smoke is used to hide different things. it grabbed locke in season 1 or 2, when eko stared at it in season 2 he could see different images, and someone mentioned it could be just a security system

Evolution
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »

Kind of sounded like an animal too!  nervous
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #285 on: November 03, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »

Kind of sounded like an animal too!? nervous
don't think it's an animal but i still don't know what knocked down the trees in the first episode of the first season?

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #286 on: November 08, 2006, 10:07:30 PM »

Awesome episode!! Awesome!! Fuck yeah, Jack takin' charge in the end. Nice cliffhanger.  ok   I didn't like the backstory much, but loved the island ending.  Sawyer kicks ass!  Cool
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #287 on: November 08, 2006, 10:16:41 PM »

can't believe we have to wait 4 months to find out what happens!!!!   I knew Jack wasn't going to sell out his friends.  he played the game perfectly.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #288 on: November 08, 2006, 10:24:53 PM »

can't believe we have to wait 4 months to find out what happens!!!!   I knew Jack wasn't going to sell out his friends.  he played the game perfectly.

I thought it was two months?
Anyway I hate cliffhangers like this but tonight's episode was great, Jack and Sawyer are such bad-asses.  smoking
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:58 AM »

February 7th is the return.. Then straight thru until May with NO repeats!!  ok

I like it better this way than 2 weeks on/2 weeks off etc
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2006, 08:39:26 AM »

can't believe we have to wait 4 months to find out what happens!!!!? ?I knew Jack wasn't going to sell out his friends.? he played the game perfectly.

I thought it was two months?
Anyway I hate cliffhangers like this but tonight's episode was great, Jack and Sawyer are such bad-asses.? smoking

I think Feb 7th is when it comes back for about 16 new ones in a row.

I'm glad the bad ass Jack is back. Way too much of him being a little wuss for too long. As soon as he said he would do the operation, I knew he had something up his sleeve.

The Kate backstory seemed a little stale, but I did find part of it interesting. The guy that played her husband, the cop, he seemed a little too famous to be in what seemed an insignificant role. I wonder if there's going to be more about him and the island somewhere down the road. Seems like you could have put any average joe actor in that part.

As far as the part 1 of season three, I still think the show is going in a bad direction, if any direction at all. Too much Jack/Sawyer/Kate story going in circles and just plain dumb things happening (the sling-shot attack last night ?Roll Eyes . What happened to the show that was full of mystery? The numbers? Hell, the rest of the the cast? It seems like the first season was almost a different show from where we are now. I still enjoy it, but it's just not the same. The writers promised events that would change the island forever, but we only got more of the same. Maybe that's some of the problem. I need to stop expecting and just let it happen (sounds like a certain band that we all love).
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2006, 03:32:56 PM »

Yeah, I thought the backstory was pretty lame.

I agree about the changes, I would have liked to have seen it only be the island for another season, then merge these new characters in, but maybe they felt they were running out of material & plotlines. Last year had a few boring episodes. But it would have been cool if Jack & Sawyer butted heads alot more (like split the island into 2 groups Jacks people and Sawyers people). Remember when Sawyer had all the guns?.  THEN go into all this where they have to stick together.

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

Those next 16 episodes must be the best ever seen, more answers than going in circles.
About the cliffhanger - thing is Jack ignores they are on another island and apparently Kate won't go anywhere...
Writers must develop this situation into a good plot. I won't find attractive a tension decrease after getting a good drama peak like this.? ? ? ?

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2006, 09:46:58 PM »

I still like the show and watch it, but  I read a preview of  the season that said the writers and ABC were commited  to answering some questions, and yet all we get  are new mysteries. I am getting a bit  bored with  all the different tangents and want some answers to the big questions from  the first two seasons.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2006, 12:30:32 PM »

Does Jack know they are on another island?  I don't remember anybody ever telling him.
no he doesn't.
and i'm a bit confused because i don't know what he means by "you"? kate alone or kate and sawyer. because he yells at the end "run kate run" so i think he only wants her to leave so she won't be with sawyer.
anyway, if they chose to run we'll get 2 episodes of sawyer and kate swimming rofl

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »

About the cliffhanger - thing is Jack ignores they are on another island and apparently Kate won't go anywhere...
? ? ?

Does Jack know they are on another island?? I don't remember anybody ever telling him.

Jack doesn't know that fact. (When i use ignore i meant not knowing? Tongue )

It would be great if both Kate and Sawyer escape but Sawyer is being pointed with a gun by Danny (he's determined to kill him) so i find difficult for Kate to follow Jack's order.? Like i said writers have to put their best to conclude this.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2006, 10:00:43 AM »

i dont think they are Tongue

anyhow i wathed all the show in less than 2 months both seasons and the 6 newset ones hihi pretty damn good show

i got a theory the others base is the hydra right? do that mean it has 8 heads? or other hatches?

supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2006, 02:06:54 PM »

i dont think they are Tongue

anyhow i wathed all the show in less than 2 months both seasons and the 6 newset ones hihi pretty damn good show

i got a theory the others base is the hydra right? do that mean it has 8 heads? or other hatches?
there are other hatches. and there might be 8 of them and the hydra is where the hq might be. if you remember from the 2nd season, when the emergency door fell on locke's foot he was able to see a map that was drawn on the door. i think there were all the hatches there.

and if they decide to kill sawyer i  think i'll give up on the show. he's a great character.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2006, 02:11:15 PM »

no i know there are other but i think the map only showed 6....so the army dude sayid knows maybe didn't know of all of them when he drew the map or the map wasn't done? Undecided

we've seen the Hydra, the pearl, the swan and the staff (medical unit they took Claire) and whatever this new one is....i dunno hydra is a mythical beast with 8 heads so i jsut thought it was a cool theory Grin

sawyer wont die .... no way nervous

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2006, 06:43:40 PM »

The Dharma Map here:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/899469/DharmaMap.jpg

What was the Hydra Dharma Symbol? I guess this map (6 hatches) only shows the losties' island, none of them is the Hydra.

I have seen the preview trailer for next episode and yeah looks good.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: