Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76651 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2006, 10:44:05 PM »

So, who do we think has the tumor?? Is it Henry/Benjamin?

Well, no matter what I guess I will be wrong anyway. 2 things I noticed though, I still find it odd they asked Sawyers "Age & weight" ?? Also, could Kate be a possiblility.

Both are long shots, but yeah, Henry is the obvious choice, so knowing this show that's right out!!

Jack said it was someone in their 40s, not Kate.? Didn't Jack in the preview for next week talk to Benjamin saying he knows its him with the tumor??
Yah, but the way they did it leads me to believe that it is not Ben.? They showed Jack confronting someone and then cut over to Ben.? I think they are trying to manipulate the audience into thinking it is Ben.

yeah, you're prob right.? the "twists" are getting very predictable.? not for one second did i think Sawyer had a pacemaker inside of him.
Me neither.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2006, 07:48:27 AM »

Follow up from rewatching via Tivo:

Jack says the spinal xrays are of a 40 year old man.  Not Sawyer, provided he didn't lie about his age.  I'm not sure about Ben.  I would peg him as a bit older than 40-ish, so.....

On the "alien"/eyepatch guy:  It's definitely someone wearing an eyepatch.  I think it's a man from the facial features, but they're either wearing a trenchcoat type thing, a VERY loose (and too big) shirt, or a dress....light in color.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »

Another thing that struck me about Jack is that he did not hesitate to jump in and attempt to save that woman's life.  He was clearly in a power position but did nothing to use that leverage against a group he considers his enemies.  Seems like he got carried away by his compulsive need to fix things (that, and his good nature).  I wonder if he'll react the same way when he's asked to help whoever has the tumor.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2006, 09:52:58 AM »

Another thing that struck me about Jack is that he did not hesitate to jump in and attempt to save that woman's life.? He was clearly in a power position but did nothing to use that leverage against a group he considers his enemies.? Seems like he got carried away by his compulsive need to fix things (that, and his good nature).? I wonder if he'll react the same way when he's asked to help whoever has the tumor.

I know he's in the middle of an island, with no one to monitor his ethics...and I also think you have a point about his obsessive need to fix things....but as a Doctor he has an obligation to do what he did.  The Hippocratic Oath, and the ethics of his profession, pretty much demand it....and we all know Jack to be ethical almost to a fault.  I think that was as much a factor as his need to fix things was.

Together again,
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2006, 10:36:47 AM »

Another reason Jack tried to help without question may have been the promise by Ben of going home (whatever that may mean) if he helps the Others.

I thought it was funny when Jack said "time of death....", looking around for a clock.  Tongue

He also had a good line when he told Juliet that there was nothing she could do to save Colleen, then she said you must be doing that to save my feelings. Then he told her he doesn't care about her feelings.  After making Jack look like a little lost (pun) cry baby, he seems to now be getting back that mentality of getting to the bottom of what's going on.

I think what helped fuel people thinking the eye-patch/trench coat was an alien was the reaction by the Losties watching it on the screen. They were gasping, alomst screaming when they saw it. Then again, Lost is the master of making the previews of the next show seem like the best thing ever. If I had a show to promote, I would find this person and pay any price to put together my promos.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2006, 11:38:24 AM »

Another reason Jack tried to help without question may have been the promise by Ben of going home (whatever that may mean) if he helps the Others.

I thought it was funny when Jack said "time of death....", looking around for a clock.? Tongue

He also had a good line when he told Juliet that there was nothing she could do to save Colleen, then she said you must be doing that to save my feelings. Then he told her he doesn't care about her feelings.? After making Jack look like a little lost (pun) cry baby, he seems to now be getting back that mentality of getting to the bottom of what's going on.

I think what helped fuel people thinking the eye-patch/trench coat was an alien was the reaction by the Losties watching it on the screen. They were gasping, alomst screaming when they saw it. Then again, Lost is the master of making the previews of the next show seem like the best thing ever. If I had a show to promote, I would find this person and pay any price to put together my promos.

I agree on Jack's changes recently.  You could see it when he pulled the "Henry Gale" on Juliet early in the episode....breeding a little bit of discent just as Henry/Ben did between Locke and Jack in Season 2.

Jack seems to be slowly coming to the realization that, even though the others have them in captivity, it is the Losties that have the upper hand...because there is obiously something they want from them.  "The Others" are trying to put up a good front, and look like they're on top, in order to compel "the Losties" to do what they need without giving up anything.....We'll have to see how all this plays out.

Together again,
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2006, 08:55:03 PM »

Jack seems to be slowly coming to the realization that, even though the others have them in captivity, it is the Losties that have the upper hand...because there is obiously something they want from them.? "The Others" are trying to put up a good front, and look like they're on top, in order to compel "the Losties" to do what they need without giving up anything.....We'll have to see how all this plays out.

Good point. By this time Sawyer is aware of that too and since he's a good con man it's probable he won't bite the dust again.

Something about the preview makes me wonder, it's a fact the losties are back on the Pearl station in which they saw the eye patched guy through the monitors but didn't the Pearl station used to monitor the hatch which went to hell after the implosion?
So my guess is they've found another station to keep an eye on and that guy is someone who should have been dead, maybe Radzinsky?

I assume Ben asked Sawyer about his weight and age only to backup the pacemaker trick, i don't think he's the guy with the big tumor.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2006, 12:39:58 AM »

So, who do we think has the tumor?? Is it Henry/Benjamin?

Well, no matter what I guess I will be wrong anyway. 2 things I noticed though, I still find it odd they asked Sawyers "Age & weight" ?? Also, could Kate be a possiblility.

Both are long shots, but yeah, Henry is the obvious choice, so knowing this show that's right out!!

Jack said it was someone in their 40s, not Kate.? Didn't Jack in the preview for next week talk to Benjamin saying he knows its him with the tumor??
Yah, but the way they did it leads me to believe that it is not Ben.? They showed Jack confronting someone and then cut over to Ben.? I think they are trying to manipulate the audience into thinking it is Ben.

yeah, you're prob right.? the "twists" are getting very predictable.? not for one second did i think Sawyer had a pacemaker inside of him.
Me neither.

You're right--Sawyer has always been a cynic and willing to question authority, you would think he would have figured  it out  that it was a mindfuck. I mean, really, there weren't even any scars running down his sternum that are necessary for that kind  of surgery. Get real. The writing is going downhill, and we need answers to the big questions, not more  tangents.
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2006, 09:53:51 AM »

i reckon ben is the one with the tumour!he said at the end loneliness makes you sick with tears in his eyes.maybe im  mad but i reckon that was the clue!

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
Evolution
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2006, 12:02:59 PM »

The flashbacks are getting better though IMO. In Series Two I thought they were used more as an excuse to avoid the main story for a while. In this Series however they are actually pretty good viewing themselves.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #270 on: November 02, 2006, 09:02:41 AM »

Another thing that struck me about Jack is that he did not hesitate to jump in and attempt to save that woman's life.? He was clearly in a power position but did nothing to use that leverage against a group he considers his enemies.? Seems like he got carried away by his compulsive need to fix things (that, and his good nature).? I wonder if he'll react the same way when he's asked to help whoever has the tumor.

I know he's in the middle of an island, with no one to monitor his ethics...and I also think you have a point about his obsessive need to fix things....but as a Doctor he has an obligation to do what he did.? The Hippocratic Oath, and the ethics of his profession, pretty much demand it....and we all know Jack to be ethical almost to a fault.? I think that was as much a factor as his need to fix things was.

Well, the plot thickens... is there anything in the Hippocratic Oath that says you can't murder your patients?  In any case, I doubt Jack will go that route, but I feel more distrustful of Juliet then ever.  If someone I barely knew asked me to kill someone, that would probably send up a red flag.

On a sadder note, I can't believe what happened with Eko.  NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  What the fuck is that thing?

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »

Well, the plot thickens... is there anything in the Hippocratic Oath that says you can't murder your patients?? In any case, I doubt Jack will go that route, but I feel more distrustful of Juliet then ever.? If someone I barely knew asked me to kill someone, that would probably send up a red flag.

On a sadder note, I can't believe what happened with Eko.? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!? What the fuck is that thing?

I know....Eko was my favorite character.  I'm holding out hope that he's not really dead, but that what they saw was, in fact, the black smoke taking on his form.

Yeah, I'm reaching for sure.  But I really, really, really don't want him to be gone.

Together again,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #272 on: November 02, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »

Well, the plot thickens... is there anything in the Hippocratic Oath that says you can't murder your patients?  In any case, I doubt Jack will go that route, but I feel more distrustful of Juliet then ever.  If someone I barely knew asked me to kill someone, that would probably send up a red flag.

On a sadder note, I can't believe what happened with Eko.  NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  What the fuck is that thing?

I know....Eko was my favorite character.  I'm holding out hope that he's not really dead, but that what they saw was, in fact, the black smoke taking on his form.

Yeah, I'm reaching for sure.  But I really, really, really don't want him to be gone.

Sadly, I think he is.  He got pretty fucked up there.  Did they ever find his brothers remains (I was kinda half watching/half not the last 10 mins or so).

I think the black cloud monster is the reason behind all the other hallucinations we've seen (locke's, walt, hurley's).  The questions now are: what is it and where did it come from?

I like how they're adding new characters in - that new girl is HOOOOOOOTTTT

eyepatch guy should be fun too - i wonder what side hes on.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Surfrider
« Reply #273 on: November 02, 2006, 11:19:08 AM »

Best episode of the season. 
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #274 on: November 02, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

Best episode of the season.?

Yup, absolutely.  Next weeks looks good, too.

The preview were interesting...made it look like there's going to be some co-ed naked wrestling between Kate and Sawyer. Smiley

Together again,
Surfrider
« Reply #275 on: November 02, 2006, 11:36:22 AM »

Well, the plot thickens... is there anything in the Hippocratic Oath that says you can't murder your patients?? In any case, I doubt Jack will go that route, but I feel more distrustful of Juliet then ever.? If someone I barely knew asked me to kill someone, that would probably send up a red flag.

On a sadder note, I can't believe what happened with Eko.? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!? What the fuck is that thing?

I know....Eko was my favorite character.? I'm holding out hope that he's not really dead, but that what they saw was, in fact, the black smoke taking on his form.

Yeah, I'm reaching for sure.? But I really, really, really don't want him to be gone.

Sadly, I think he is.? He got pretty fucked up there.? Did they ever find his brothers remains (I was kinda half watching/half not the last 10 mins or so).

I think the black cloud monster is the reason behind all the other hallucinations we've seen (locke's, walt, hurley's).? The questions now are: what is it and where did it come from?

I like new characters if they come from elsewhere on the island.  However, I don't like when they add people to the passenger list.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2006, 12:05:22 PM »

Sadly, I think he is.  He got pretty fucked up there.  Did they ever find his brothers remains (I was kinda half watching/half not the last 10 mins or so).

I think the black cloud monster is the reason behind all the other hallucinations we've seen (locke's, walt, hurley's).  The questions now are: what is it and where did it come from?

I like new characters if they come from elsewhere on the island.  However, I don't like when they add people to the passenger list.

eh, doesn't really bother me, its not like they are just appearing out of nowhere, there were more people on the plane then the ten or so they focus on week to week.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »

I thought the main writer/producer of the show said nothing supernatural is going on. How in the hell do they even begin to explain what killed Eko?

I still look forward to watching the show, but it seems like this season is a different show from the first two seasons. Writing, storyline, everything has changed. I guess what one of the writers who left (David Fury???) said was true; the show was being made up as they go and had no real end. From what I've recently though, they have the show scripted through season five, when they plan on ending it. Who really knows?  Huh
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2006, 02:45:58 PM »

I'm not a fan of the new characters.  We lose Bad Ass Eko and get this Paulo dude, whose only contribution to last night's episode was taking a dump in the hatch.

Really bummed about Eko.  What does everyone think about his refusal to repent?  Was it his final judgment that he was in fact a "bad man" and was death by the Smoke Monster Thing his ultimate punishment?

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2006, 04:20:32 PM »

Funny thing is a month ago i predicted Eko was next to go off the island since Adewale Akinnuoye Agbaje was arrested in Hawaii for drunk driving like Michelle Rodriguez and Cinthia Watross - As soon as the black cloud grabbed him i knew what was coming. ?

Only one episode left until next year, they should throw a good cliffhanger there.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: