Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76718 times)
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2006, 08:32:11 AM »

So now Locke was in a hippy-type cult that grew and ran marijuana?  I agree, last night's episode was weak.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #241 on: October 19, 2006, 09:18:08 AM »

I think the point was that Locke is disturbed and had Daddy issues...something we pretty much already knew.? And he's willing to look past an awful lot to get a sense of family.? I gotta rewatch it tonight and do some slo mo on them reviewing Eddie's info.? I wanna see if I can make out any dates.

I'm going to take some leaps of logic and assume that his involvement with the hippie drug cult had something to do with him being in a wheelchair (I'm guessing...given the writing I'm probably way off the mark) which does speak toward why Locke had such a violent reaction to Charlie's drug use.  The problem is, it's tough for me to peg, timewise, exactly when it occurs in relation to past flashbacks.  I'm assuming after....but it could very well have been before, I suppose. 

And it did give little insights into Lockes character, etc.? There just wasn't ENOUGH meat on the 1 hour bone......

Although, given Sawyers comments on the bears, and him being in their cage at this point, it was nice to get more info on those darned polar bears.? ?Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:21:46 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
VIP

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2006, 09:22:51 AM »

fucking weird when the copter crashes and rips of his leg though. and then when the wolves comes, damn.

actionous! ok
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2006, 09:41:35 AM »

excellnt stuff i have seen the first two episodes of season 3 too,what was with the way the  lady that was speaking with jack or trying to and the leader?ben?what was with the way there voices changed when you first saw them together after her seeing jack,it was really weird.cant wait to see the next episode hopefully get it tomorrow off the net..

I wasn't particularly enamored of last night's episode, really.  It was just OK...but sorta dragged out.  I loved the first two eps, though.

I thought Ep3 was MUUUCHHHH better then Ep2.  Nothing really happend in ep2 at all.  This one showed us that locke, desmond and eko all survived the implosion but have all come out of it a little different.  Can desmond see the future now?  did the electro magnetic field somehow alter his place in time or something.  very strange.  I also like how locke has re-established himself.  his entire world was shattered last season when he thought the button pushing was just a sick game and didn't have any true purpose.  But now he has a purpose again, its to help his friends and become a father figure again, to learn from his mistakes.

I liked how the cop in the flashback talked about his pychological profile, you'd have to think the Others saw the same thing in him when "henry gale" was their captive.  They were right about locke, but pretty wrong about Sun (after she shot that chick in the gut).  Cleary there is some serious pychological experiment going on.....

Next week looks intense.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2006, 11:40:19 AM »

Next week does look AWESOME!! Save us from this crapola.

As for last night, I didn't get too much out of it, then again I never really catch onto the underlying theme's & things they imply (or at least, things other viewers think they imply, and later only turn out to be wrong anyway)

I think Locke is going to go try and rescue Sawyer, Jack, & Kate hence the whole hunter/farmer theme. But again, maybe I'm only stating the obvious here. I didn't understand much from the Polar Bear?! When did that first appear, was that season 1 (which I didn't watch) I don't recall that much before.

I hope next week informs us a little bit about the whole "Dharma Initiative" and why the Others choose to stay there. Sawyer will kick some ass though!  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2006, 12:02:00 PM »

Next week does look AWESOME!! Save us from this crapola.

As for last night, I didn't get too much out of it, then again I never really catch onto the underlying theme's & things they imply (or at least, things other viewers think they imply, and later only turn out to be wrong anyway)

I think Locke is going to go try and rescue Sawyer, Jack, & Kate hence the whole hunter/farmer theme. But again, maybe I'm only stating the obvious here. I didn't understand much from the Polar Bear?! When did that first appear, was that season 1 (which I didn't watch) I don't recall that much before.

I hope next week informs us a little bit about the whole "Dharma Initiative" and why the Others choose to stay there. Sawyer will kick some ass though!? ok

The original polar bear was, in fact, from season one.

Together again,
Evolution
« Reply #246 on: October 21, 2006, 09:15:54 AM »

The trip he had was awesome. I now believe that the Others took the island by force. Did you see all the skeletons with DHARMA uniforms? I reckon they stuck the polar bear on them, then caged the animals once the island was theirs. After seeing the plane crash they stuck the animals out again or something.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2006, 10:01:02 AM »

I really liked last nights episode, very straightforward. Not much hidden meanings, or make guesses at which will only turn out to be wrong in future episodes. So they brought Jack in because he's a doctor, and Sawyer because he's a great con-man.. Why Kate then, my guess is to create tension between Jack & Sawyer, but I could be wrong. Also revealed was the fact they are on a different island than the original, not sure the overall impact of that, but I think he said this island is "twice the size" of the other island, so maybe it is recognized & on the map after all. Again, I didn't catch much for down the line, but I liked the action & suspense in it (most of it).

The preview for the next two weeks looked so-so.. Seems they're bringing aliens into it, as at the end they showed some kind of monster looking into the security camera. I think there's only 2 or 3 more episodes until break, then they start back up in January straight thru to May, NO REPEATS!!  ok
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »

I agree. Great episode last night.  And I agree on the reason they have Kate there: To compel Jack and Sawyer to do their bidding.

2 more eps til the break.

Not resuming until late Jan or early Feb, I think was the last report.

I think the "alien" was just a guy with an eyepatch but I'll take another look on my recorded version tonight.

Together again,
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:22 AM »

I think the "alien" was just a guy with an eyepatch but I'll take another look on my recorded version tonight.

That's funny you say that, because a good morning show here always talks about Lost on Thursdays from @ 8:15-8:30, but today the guest was running late. I only drive from about 8:10-8:30 so I was going to miss it. I flip thru commercials  & caught another, crappy morning show DJ talking about it. It sounded like they weren't big fans of the show, just trying to steal some of the other shows audience. Anyway, he said he saw a guy with a patch, but read some people thought it was an alien or a monster (then a sidekick made a lame joke about how it's Popeye?!  Huh)

Anyway, so you might be right, I don't have a DVR so I can't rewatch it. Let me know if you re-watch it, or myb I can catch it on abc.com.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2006, 10:44:12 AM »

Just an update...

Lost is currently slated to return February 7th (after it's next 2 eps).

On the "alien"/eyepatch guy:? What I saw put me in the mind of Jack Palance with an eye patch so I can completely "get" the "alien" thing.....but again, I'll have to pause it so I can get a better look.

So, who do we think has the tumor?? Is it Henry/Benjamin?

Together again,
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2006, 11:02:14 AM »

Well, no matter what I guess I will be wrong anyway. 2 things I noticed though, I still find it odd they asked Sawyers "Age & weight" ?? Also, could Kate be a possiblility.

Both are long shots, but yeah, Henry is the obvious choice, so knowing this show that's right out!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2006, 12:13:25 PM »

Well, no matter what I guess I will be wrong anyway. 2 things I noticed though, I still find it odd they asked Sawyers "Age & weight" ?? Also, could Kate be a possiblility.

Both are long shots, but yeah, Henry is the obvious choice, so knowing this show that's right out!!

Jack said the xrays were of an adult male between 40 and 45 (I'm sure on the male part, but fuzzy on the exact age...I remember the range being older than Sawyers confessed 35 but will recheck tonight).  Unless Kate has some very interesting secrets...it can't be her.  It could only be Sawyer if I messed up the age range that Jack gave....

I, too, think Henry's too obvious....but I can't think of anyone else...unless it's someone we haven't met (the eye patch guy??).

Together again,
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2006, 12:16:13 PM »

So, who do we think has the tumor?  Is it Henry/Benjamin?

Jack said it was someone in their 40s, not Kate.  Didn't Jack in the preview for next week talk to Benjamin saying he knows its him with the tumor??

I have a feeling the others are going to try to talk Sawyer into working for them in exchange for getting off the island.  the flashbacks showed he only takes care of himself (though he did set up the account for his daughter). 

I think you're all right about Kate, notice the sexy clothes they give her too.

def wasn't an alien, i think it was a dude with an eye patch.

whats up with desmond though, if he can see the future won't he know when/how they get off the island? haha

i don't know, the next two eps better deliver, show is stuck in PARK.  nothings happening!!!

i dont like the idea of a second island, makes the LOST world a bit too big now.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2006, 12:39:50 PM »

Jack said the xrays were of an adult male between 40 and 45 (I'm sure on the male part, but fuzzy on the exact age...I remember the range being older than Sawyers confessed 35 but will recheck tonight).?

Ok, I messed up the post. I was off on a tangent while thinking it all over, you're right he said @ a 40 yr old man.. Sawyer said he was 32, then 35, possibly he was still lying about 35, but yeah I don't think they would care to Xray him and care if he had a tumor on his spine. So I think it's Henry, anyway, it'll be interesting to see if & how Jack/Sawyer/Kate take sides as to which island they fight for.

I agree with Hanna Hat, this islands getting a little too big too quick. We'll see how it plays out.
Surfrider
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »

Jack said it was someone in their 40s, not Kate.? Didn't Jack in the preview for next week talk to Benjamin saying he knows its him with the tumor??
Yah, but the way they did it leads me to believe that it is not Ben.  They showed Jack confronting someone and then cut over to Ben.  I think they are trying to manipulate the audience into thinking it is Ben.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2006, 01:59:11 PM »

So, who do we think has the tumor?  Is it Henry/Benjamin?

Jack said it was someone in their 40s, not Kate.  Didn't Jack in the preview for next week talk to Benjamin saying he knows its him with the tumor??
Yah, but the way they did it leads me to believe that it is not Ben.  They showed Jack confronting someone and then cut over to Ben.  I think they are trying to manipulate the audience into thinking it is Ben.

yeah, you're prob right.  the "twists" are getting very predictable.  not for one second did i think Sawyer had a pacemaker inside of him.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2006, 02:00:56 PM »

On the "alien"/eyepatch guy:? What I saw put me in the mind of Jack Palance with an eye patch so I can completely "get" the "alien" thing.....

rofl That was a beauty, thank you. ?Son of a bitch!!!

My main focus this season has been the blonde female Other that is either reaching out to Jack or diabolically manipulating him. ?They seem to be presenting her as a kind and gentle Other, but I have a feeling she may be 100% pure evil, especially considering Sawyer's observation about her (when he told Kate she would have shot her no problem).
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2006, 02:22:13 PM »

On the "alien"/eyepatch guy:  What I saw put me in the mind of Jack Palance with an eye patch so I can completely "get" the "alien" thing.....

rofl That was a beauty, thank you.  Son of a bitch!!!

My main focus this season has been the blonde female Other that is either reaching out to Jack or diabolically manipulating him.  They seem to be presenting her as a kind and gentle Other, but I have a feeling she may be 100% pure evil, especially considering Sawyer's observation about her (when he told Kate she would have shot her no problem).

Jack is definitely a sucker for a pretty face too.

Was intersting when Sawyer punched benjamin at the end how nobody went to beat down sawyer, even benjamin just took it...as if to say "yeah, we deserved it, now we're even, lets get down to business".  The pychological experiment has begun...

still would be nice to have more answers about all the big questions.

Evolution
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2006, 02:58:33 PM »

Speaking of gentler Others, remember Rousseau's daughter?

Where abouts can I see this preview for next week's Lost? I gotta check out this eye patch guy.

Last night's was pretty damn good  ok
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: