Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76693 times)
Surfrider
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2006, 04:06:18 PM »

I'm a little bit spoiled with what's gonna happen but still the first episode of S03 was quite shocking.?
Shocking in what way?

I thought it was an OK opener, but not as good as last years. Unsurpisingly, I have no idea where they are trying or going to go with this.
The very first scenes, i had no idea what was happening there until the familiar faces appeared. I'm getting used to see this show in 90 minutes or so, because i keep looking back over and over. I'm not dissapointed so far.
I actually caught onto it.  It was too similar to last season's opener.  Last seasons opener, with Desmond in the hatch, totally threw me off.
Surfrider
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2006, 02:16:40 PM »

I don't think I like the direction that they seem to be heading with the show.? The "others" used to be mysterious and a little scary, now they are just annoying.? I hope they turn this around fast.? I've been disappointed with the first two episodes.

And Kate's "sad but strong" facial expression was starting to get on my nerves last night.?
I agree 100%.  I almost thought someone was doing a parody of the show when they were showing the red sox.
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2006, 02:17:45 PM »

OK, last night officially got wierd! I don't read all the messege boards for this show, don't want to. But they called Sawyer "James", how come he didn't question it when they knew his real name?? ?Also the whole Red Sox tape thing was cool, I wonder what the deal is with the islands "Others", guess they enjoy being exiled from US for one reason or another.

Anyone have any thoughts on last nights episode?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »

I don't think I like the direction that they seem to be heading with the show.  The "others" used to be mysterious and a little scary, now they are just annoying.  I hope they turn this around fast.  I've been disappointed with the first two episodes.

And Kate's "sad but strong" facial expression was starting to get on my nerves last night. 

I know what you mean, its like nothing has happened in the last two episodes. 

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2006, 02:26:32 PM »

I don't think I like the direction that they seem to be heading with the show.? The "others" used to be mysterious and a little scary, now they are just annoying.? I hope they turn this around fast.?

Yeah I can agree with this, before it was a mysterious island in the South Pacific that was unknown... now it's a known island to the US with construction & electricity & all.. It could be a US Territory around the Samoan islands or just off the Baja Penninsula or something, doubtful it's exactly in the middle of nowhere. It really depends on where the writers go with it the next 2 or 3 episodes, which should lead up to the break. (This season they are airing 6 or so episodes, then taking a break until January & airing like 20 new episodes straight into May)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:03:23 PM by pasnow » Logged
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2006, 05:31:25 PM »

I still find the whole concept interesting, although there have been some hints about the others, still seem somber with a weird shocking truth behind them.? As things go i am sure this won't last more than 5 seasons or so, like it's been commented. Still there are more questions than answers - which i find cool.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Evolution
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2006, 07:19:11 PM »

I guess the show will lose all mystery once it's over, but it is definately losing a lot after the first two episodes.

The one thing I still want to know however, is what the Others are(DHARMA?), why they are there and what the fuck happened to Desmond?!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:53 AM »

I guess the show will lose all mystery once it's over, but it is definately losing a lot after the first two episodes.

The one thing I still want to know however, is what the Others are(DHARMA?), why they are there and what the fuck happened to Desmond?!

The whole "lost experience" ARG explained some of that, so long as "The Others" are DHARMA leftovers and decendants, that is.

This video from the game gives quite a bit of info:

http://www.hansoexposed.com/player/1f92b3c13886076a3cae52c0116aaef7

Click continue and let the 70 fragments load (takes a bit) then click view.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2006, 09:56:01 AM »

The whole "lost experience" ARG explained some of that, so long as "The Others" are DHARMA leftovers and decendants, that is.

Just curious, what's "ARG"?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2006, 10:39:09 AM »

Just curious, what's "ARG"?

"Alternate Reality Game".

Essentially, the producers ran an online game over the summer giving away some of the mythos and backstory of the show.

You can check out www.insidetheexperience.com to get a pretty good idea of how things went down.  The game started just a week or so before the end of Season 2 and ended up on Sept 24th-ish.

Together again,
Evolution
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »

I'm starting to believe the island has money making opportunities or some kind. Hence when Ben and the rest don't want to leave.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2006, 03:03:21 PM »

I'm starting to believe the island has money making opportunities or some kind. Hence when Ben and the rest don't want to leave.

I don't know, if they've really been there their whole life like Ben said, money is starting to be less and less of a factor. I'm thinking a "greater cause" is more likely.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Evolution
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2006, 03:08:52 PM »

Well what does Jack have the rest of his group doesn't? Medical knowledge.

It could just be something as simple as needing disease relief  Cool
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2006, 03:41:06 PM »

Maybe they're diseased. Or they believe those from the outside world are all diseased (Hence, they only want Jack). 

I'm still confused Sawyer didn't question how they knew his real name. nervous
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

Isn't the chick who pointed a gun at Kate a doctor? In the first episode of the season, she was telling Jack he's going to dehydrate unless he drinks, and he figured she's a doctor (or else it was just a joke).

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2006, 02:53:13 PM »

Isn't the chick who pointed a gun at Kate a doctor? In the first episode of the season, she was telling Jack he's going to dehydrate unless he drinks, and he figured she's a doctor (or else it was just a joke).

I think she's a psychiatrist.  She'd have gone to med school, but she wouldn't, necessarily, have the kind of surgical and medical specialties that Jack has.

Together again,
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »

I think it is pretty obvious she is not a surgeon.  The women that got shot will return to camp barely alive and they will need Jack to save her (perhaps bullet lodged near her spine or something).  Jack will barter for his friends' release or soemthing.  I could be wrong, but it seems like an obvious story line.

BTW, I've loved the 1st two episodes of S03.  I think we already knew there was a zoo and aquarium on the island from the presence of the polar bear and the shark with the dharma logo on the fin.  They haven't given much away really.
Evolution
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »

You have to wonder if the writers knew the polar bear story would wrap up so nicely when they started.
BA
Linkin Park's worst nightmare
VIP

g,n,f'n,r's!!**

« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »

excellnt stuff i have seen the first two episodes of season 3 too,what was with the way the  lady that was speaking with jack or trying to and the leader?ben?what was with the way there voices changed when you first saw them together after her seeing jack,it was really weird.cant wait to see the next episode hopefully get it tomorrow off the net..

i want to show you something,like joy inside my heart.seems i been living in the temple of the dog.where would i live if i were a man of goldenwords or would i live at all
word and music-my only tool
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2006, 07:59:23 AM »

excellnt stuff i have seen the first two episodes of season 3 too,what was with the way the? lady that was speaking with jack or trying to and the leader?ben?what was with the way there voices changed when you first saw them together after her seeing jack,it was really weird.cant wait to see the next episode hopefully get it tomorrow off the net..

I wasn't particularly enamored of last night's episode, really.  It was just OK...but sorta dragged out.  I loved the first two eps, though.

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: