Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 76683 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2006, 06:30:03 AM »

And does anyone know if episodes from series 2 are available anywhere to download? I need more Lost and I need it now!!!
Filesharing programs like Direct Connect, if you get the program i can link you to places to download 'em although to enter sections in places you will need to be sharing a decent amount of files.....

....actually if you want i think i still have a copy i can send you one ok
Surfrider
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »

Good work Jim, you are adding some interesting discussion to this thread.

I like this website:

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php?PHPSESSID=24e6bd60dcd8072a3beb5d49a27643c3

It is a normal person that points out a lot of hidden clues with pictures from the show.  They aren't spoilers, but just hidden clues in the show.

I agree with Jim, I love Jack's character.  This show has such a cool plot, keeps me guessing, and has excellent character development.

I just love the fact that there are so many theories out there and that every few episodes there is something that pops up that supports each one of the theories.  The closer I think I am one episode to figuring out what is going on, the further I feel the next episode when something else supports another theory.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2006, 12:44:57 PM »

I like this website:

http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php?PHPSESSID=24e6bd60dcd8072a3beb5d49a27643c3

It is a normal person that points out a lot of hidden clues with pictures from the show.? They aren't spoilers, but just hidden clues in the show.

I agree with Jim, I love Jack's character.? This show has such a cool plot, keeps me guessing, and has excellent character development.

I just love the fact that there are so many theories out there and that every few episodes there is something that pops up that supports each one of the theories.? The closer I think I am one episode to figuring out what is going on, the further I feel the next episode when something else supports another theory.
Do you think the people writing this actually know where they're going with it?
Surfrider
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2006, 12:49:20 PM »

I like this website:

It is a normal person that points out a lot of hidden clues with pictures from the show.? They aren't spoilers, but just hidden clues in the show.

I agree with Jim, I love Jack's character.? This show has such a cool plot, keeps me guessing, and has excellent character development.

I just love the fact that there are so many theories out there and that every few episodes there is something that pops up that supports each one of the theories.? The closer I think I am one episode to figuring out what is going on, the further I feel the next episode when something else supports another theory.
Do you think the people writing this actually know where they're going with it?
Maybe not.  Maybe they just read website and insert parts of all of the theories to screw with our heads.

Seriously, I think they have the outline of the story of where they want to go.  I think they tinker from episode to episode as to how to tell that story.
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2006, 01:30:49 PM »

He was sleepwalking the first time, but the second time around he first started a fire (!) and then stole the baby, all the while in total control of body and spirit.

You are 100% correct, I had a complete mental block on that for some reason confused

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2006, 02:41:44 PM »

It appears one cast members' attitude is getting them written off of the show. I'll just post the link so as not to "spoil" anything despite the warning in the thread title:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=84963

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2006, 02:47:37 PM »

Good riddance, i don't like that character.....
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2006, 03:01:33 PM »

Me either; but I couldnt tell if that was because the actor was doing their job or if it was the writing.

I liked the picture on the link though. Best I've seen.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2006, 03:04:21 PM »

Me either; but I couldnt tell if that was because the actor was doing their job or if it was the writing.

I liked the picture on the link though. Best I've seen.
The character was meant to be that way out, i'd say i would not say it's bad acting, but hell if i don't like a character i still want rid, i just did not feel the character had much to them either, the backstory for this character was fairly boring to, just push 'em down a pot hole or something hihi

When's episode 13 on?
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2006, 03:07:25 PM »

Feb 8th  "The Long Con"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »

Feb 8th? "The Long Con"
Cheers dude, so have they finished filming this season or is this person gonna get knocked off this season?
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2006, 03:21:15 PM »

I'm not positive on this but just from doing some deductive reasoning:

The next episode will be Episode 13 of Season 4
Last season had 24 episodes
Episodes are normally filmed 3-4 weeks before they air, so I would guess they can work away to write this person off this season. Most likely this character will get killed off for messing with "The Others"

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Evolution
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2006, 06:38:25 PM »

I actually had mixed feelings on Locke punching Charlie. On one hand, I completely understand why he did it, but at the same time something seemed off with Locke in the entire episode. It was the first time this season when I really started thinking Locke was evil. I just got this vibe like he was trying to remove Charlie from the Claire picture so he can insert himself there. I also felt that he kept the statues for a sinister purpose. My theory is that Charlie's dreams of Aaron being in danger were real. Locke is that danger. I think Locke has figured  that children are special on that island (and to the Others) and he will want to make another sacrifice to the Island. Of course, I am probably completely wrong because I usually am about these things.  hihi

I agree here. It's a good posibility!

I think Charlie needed that arse kicking to get into focus a bit more.

I wish i hadn't clicked on that spoiler to be honest  hihi
Sterlingdog
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »

This article list a bunch of potential clues from this years episodes.? Its chronological, starting with the most recent first.? I don't think I even noticed 1/3 of these!

On the tail of a clue
Tue Feb 7, 4:13 PM

Among potential hints (or red herrings) spotted so far on Lost:

Feb, 1

The Jan. 25 episode of Lost (the last original one to air) focused on a baby's baptism. But most readers responding to our ongoing request for clues to the island mystery focused on the budding romance between Hurley and "tailie" Libby ? and to Hurley's comments that he felt he knew her from somewhere. (Related item: Send us your clues after the show Wednesday)

More than one viewer noted that since Libby was in the tail section while Hurley was seated up front, there would have been no way for him to have stepped on her foot as he boarded the plane, which was her explanation.

What's her game? Could Libby, a psychologist, have worked at the mental hospital where Hurley had been treated? Is she part of the Dharma Initiative "experiment," studying reactions from the inside? And, as Libby observed, the washer-dryer in the hatch is much newer than the rest of the furnishings, which sharp-eyed viewers also had noticed. So is there a way that items (and people) continue to move to and from the island?

Jan. 25

So let's recap: Two weeks ago, Lost viewers saw the mysterious, monstrous cloud close-up. And last week, we chatted with one of The Others as Jack, Locke and Sawyer chased after the unhinged Michael. Will revelations never cease?

In that chat, perhaps, was another hidden revelation: As "Zeke" was challenged by Jack, he yelled, "Bring 'er out, Alex," and showed Jack that they were holding Kate hostage.

Who is Alex? Could it be the Frenchwoman's daughter, who was kidnapped 16 years ago? Is she one of The Others? In fact, viewers ask, is there more than one group of Others?

Jan. 9

The big reveal of the island's "monster" as an amorphous black cloud spurred lots of chatter. Those who examined the smoke more carefully, in stop-motion on their DVRs, noticed images in the mist (and indeed, some indistinct but human shapes seem to flash by): Eko's priest brother, the old man Eko shot, perhaps the woman who was selling the statues of the Virgin Mary in his village? Is it some scientific force reading his memories, or is there a more sacred significance?

Several viewers came away from the heavily religious-themed episode believing more strongly that the island represents purgatory, and its inhabitants ? nearly all turning out to have killed or in some way caused the deaths of others ? await judgment. In the meantime, judge for yourself: The episode repeats tonight at 8 ET/PT, before a new episode.

Dec. 7

Last week's "aha!" moment on ABC's Lost was spotted by more than a few viewers, though it appeared for no more than a moment on the edge of the screen, and even then may have depended on the clarity of the TV set and the acuity of the viewer's vision.

As Kate visits her adoptive father in an Army recruiting station, Sayid appears on a TV screen; some say he looks like a military prisoner. This type of sighting is reminiscent of the Season 1 episode in which Hurley appeared on Korean TV during Jin's flashback.

Coincidences? We think not.

Then there's the restored film clip; what was the earlier "incident" mentioned in it? And why did Mr. Eko go on about Josiah, the biblical king who restored the Temple? Another literary reference?

Nov. 30

The preview for this week's episode shows the crosses for three graves. Is someone else about to die?

Does fugitive Kate have a link with cop Ana Lucia?

Is Libby, the psychologist, really Karen DeGroot, one of the originators of the Dharma Initiative mentioned in the training film? Or could she be one of "The Others" ? maybe even Alex, Rousseau's daughter?

Nov. 23

Two episodes ago, Ana Lucia, fearful of The Others, mistakenly killed Shannon, squashing the budding romance between her and Sayid. And what to make of her Rambo-esque survival skills? "Ana Lucia's ability to defend herself and take charge when necessary may indicate some sort of military or covert operational background," says Lost fan Susie Kruise of Altoona, Pa. But can Ana Lucia's skills match those of Sayid, a former member of Iraq's notorious Republican Guard?

As for the kidnapped survivors who have Ana Lucia on edge, Jin and Mr. Eko's teddy bear sightings may be a sign that some are still alive. But where are they?

Nov. 16

Last week, a wet Walt appeared again on Lost. Before Shannon was shot, he spoke unintelligibly to her. But when Walt's words are played backwards, is he saying: "They're coming, and they're close"?

Also last week, in the hospital where Shannon's dad died, you see Jack hurrying by in his scrubs. Was Jack's future wife ? who was in the hospital after an auto accident ? the driver of the SUV that killed him?

We probably won't get answers Wednesday in the extended episode (9-10:05 ET/PT) that focuses on the tail-section survivors.

Incidentally, more than 15,000 readers voted online last week: 21% felt the producers had picked the right character to kill; 34% said they would have preferred Ana-Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez) to die.

Nov. 9

? It's the number of stitches on a major-league baseball. (This ties into the Yankees' retired-number theories covered earlier.)

? It's a sacred number in Buddhism; a prayer strand traditionally has 108 beads. (This ties into the name of the mysterious island project, the Dharma Initiative.)

? It's approximately the number of minutes some satellites take to circle Earth.

Then there is the overriding theme of fatherhood, with close examinations of the complex and troubled relationships of Jack, Sawyer, Jin and Sun, and Locke with their respective fathers ? and, of course, Michael's rebuilding of his relationship with Walt.

October 27

?The teddy bear. What's the significance of one of the Others carrying a tattered stuffed toy as he or she walked by Eko and Jin, hidden in the brush? It could be a literary reference to the Lost Boys of Peter Pan. That person could be Alex, Danielle's child, who was taken as a baby 16 years ago. Or it could be the same teddy bear that was on Desmond's bunk in the hatch. (Lost and Found)

?Those digits. The magic numbers ? 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 ? have all been retired by the New York Yankees, worn by Lou Gehrig, Yogi Berra/Bill Dickey, Thurman Munson, Whitey Ford, Don Mattingly and Jackie Robinson, respectively. (Of course, that doesn't account for 3, 5, 37 and 44 ? Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Casey Stengel and Reggie Jackson ? among others.)

?That swan.One of last week's clues was in error: The shark and the wall in the other survivors' bunker did have Dharma Initiative logos, but they weren't the "swan" logos found in the hatch. They were similarly shaped, but ? as viewed quickly and in dim light ? had different symbols. (Everybody Hates Hugo)

October 19

? The shark that chased Sawyer and Michael on the raft had a Dharma Initiative mark on its fin. Another apparent Dharma logo was at the compound where the new group of survivors was found. (Adrift)

? The actor who played Hurley's boss, Randy (Billy Ray Gallion), played Locke's boss, too ? also named Randy. (Everybody Hates Hugo)

? The numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 total 108, which is the number of minutes the computer operator has to reset the counter. (Man of Science, Man of Faith)

CopyRight UsaToday.com All rights reserved.

Sterlingdog
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »

I'm trying to set my TIVO to record Lost for the next few weeks (some conflicting programs).  Its showing a new episode this Wednesday, but not next Wednesday.  Anyone know if this is correct, or where I could go to look it up?

Also, there's an interesting theory about the show in this weeks Entertainment Weekly.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2006, 12:26:50 AM »

That's correct. It will be a repeat on the 8th.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2006, 01:16:38 AM »

This article list a bunch of potential clues from this years episodes.? Its chronological, starting with the most recent first.? I don't think I even noticed 1/3 of these!

On the tail of a clue
Tue Feb 7, 4:13 PM

?The teddy bear. What's the significance of one of the Others carrying a tattered stuffed toy as he or she walked by Eko and Jin, hidden in the brush? It could be a literary reference to the Lost Boys of Peter Pan. That person could be Alex, Danielle's child, who was taken as a baby 16 years ago. Or it could be the same teddy bear that was on Desmond's bunk in the hatch. (Lost and Found)

isn't that from the kid who was washed up on the beach with the tail survivors, who was carrying around a teddy bear?
Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2006, 03:20:40 PM »

^Yep, that's shown in the "the other 48 days". Maybe the person who wrote those assumptions wanted to get subtle meanings.
I just realize Kate's dad (the military guy which happens to be her stepfather) is the same guy who wanted Sayid to speak with his fellow soldier mate in episode 14.
Now watching the scene with Kate and his stepdad i can see Sayid on the Tv set, nice one. I haven't checked Hurley's appearence yet.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2006, 06:25:43 PM »

I'm not usually all that good at picking up background references, but I'm pretty sure that we (I watch it with my brother) have picked up on every appearance by another...loster...in somebody elses flashback.

Even the Kate thing, when her stepdad looks at the photo in the back of the...van.

I thought that Wednesdays episode was fucking great, until I got to thinking about it afterwards...You learnt absoloutly nothing.

I mean, it will still be my favourite episode of the season because there was a lot of Emilie de Ravin.........

But still. I would have prefered something a bit more criptic than, when you think about it, being given not too much more than that old Beardy Mc. Beardason wears a fake beard...

...Maybe.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
badapple81
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2006, 06:28:55 PM »

And does anyone know if episodes from series 2 are available anywhere to download? I need more Lost and I need it now!!!
Filesharing programs like Direct Connect, if you get the program i can link you to places to download 'em although to enter sections in places you will need to be sharing a decent amount of files.....

....actually if you want i think i still have a copy i can send you one ok

Just this old post, thanks for the offer  ok

I've been downloading Series 2 and am waiting for E14 to finish! What are they up to now?

Constant problem I'm having of late is that the avi file is totally out of sync with the video and sound. Both on the computer or burning it to DVD.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: