Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Def Leppard
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Def Leppard  (Read 147560 times)
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2004, 05:00:41 PM »

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but if you did I'm sorry.  What has 10 legs, 9 arms and sucks?Huh?  DEF LEPPARD.  Thats really mean, but I felt I had to say it. smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2004, 05:50:42 PM »

What has 10 legs, 9 arms and sucks?Huh?

You and four of your friends after I rip one of your arms off and beat your Def Leppard hating ass with it.   rant

Its just a joke one of my friends told me.  Nothing to get angry about.  Beside I never said I hated Def Leppard did I???  I actually don't mind them.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2004, 06:06:37 PM »

I don't know if anyone said this yet, but if you did I'm sorry.  What has 10 legs, 9 arms and sucks?Huh?  DEF LEPPARD.  Thats really mean, but I felt I had to say it. smoking smoking

Why u! rant

Thats actually very funny hihi but u leave the Leppard alone!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2004, 04:15:08 AM »

It's cool that this thread got so long - I really like DL!  Grin

I think its great their are still passionate Leppard fans kickin about, i am back into them in a big way, they really are an awesome group, gotta say at this moment in time only Guns N Roses would rank higher for me.

I can't wait for the new album.

I'd say DL ranks higher for me (right now) because I get to see them and listen to their new work. Their website is great too. They really care about the fans.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2004, 04:16:40 AM »

What has 10 legs, 9 arms and sucks?Huh?

You and four of your friends after I rip one of your arms off and beat your Def Leppard hating ass with it.   rant

Uh oh..don't go pissing Dizzy off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2004, 04:17:43 AM »

So do they have a wokring title for the new album? Anybody know?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2004, 09:55:30 AM »

It's cool that this thread got so long - I really like DL!  Grin

I think its great their are still passionate Leppard fans kickin about, i am back into them in a big way, they really are an awesome group, gotta say at this moment in time only Guns N Roses would rank higher for me.

I can't wait for the new album.

I'd say DL ranks higher for me (right now) because I get to see them and listen to their new work. Their website is great too. They really care about the fans.

They do seem to care about their fans, last year they toured all of Eastern Europe, even though they wouldn't be making any money from it, just so their fans their could get to see em.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jet
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2004, 10:33:19 AM »

Its just a joke one of my friends told me.  Nothing to get angry about.  Beside I never said I hated Def Leppard did I???  I actually don't mind them.

Oh,come on,it sounds just like this!! rant
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2004, 02:27:19 PM »

Latest Leppard news:
Happy new year! The first news of 2004 deals with a popular rumor that has been floating around for a while now. So, to set the record straight.... No matter what you read on any web site, no matter what you read in any article, no matter what you hear or see on any station, and no matter what anyone tells you: Def Leppard has NO plans of doing a 2004 tour with KISS. There are no concrete touring plans at all and the band has given their top priority to working on their next album, the follow-up to 2002's "X". If and when there are any plans for any Def Leppard tours or shows, then it will be published on the TOUR-page.

Source: defleppard.com

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2004, 02:26:36 AM »

Latest Leppard news:
Happy new year! The first news of 2004 deals with a popular rumor that has been floating around for a while now. So, to set the record straight.... No matter what you read on any web site, no matter what you read in any article, no matter what you hear or see on any station, and no matter what anyone tells you: Def Leppard has NO plans of doing a 2004 tour with KISS. There are no concrete touring plans at all and the band has given their top priority to working on their next album, the follow-up to 2002's "X". If and when there are any plans for any Def Leppard tours or shows, then it will be published on the TOUR-page.

Source: defleppard.com

That's great. They are really staying busy aren't they? After all this time and they are just cranking out music and touring. Really cool.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2004, 11:09:08 AM »

Just got 'Euphoria'....now have all 10 Leppard albums beer

Wasn't that impressed though...i think that probably rates as their weakest effort....bit to slushy really needed a bit more steel to it.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2004, 02:01:40 PM »

Just got 'Euphoria'....now have all 10 Leppard albums beer

Wasn't that impressed though...i think that probably rates as their weakest effort....bit to slushy really needed a bit more steel to it.....

Nah...keep listening to it you'll like it more. Demolition man is great I think. Then the next four tracks are just ok after that. Paper Sun opens up real well and the rest is great IMHO. I also got a hold of this album at a turning point in my life so maybe I'm more bias. I've got some wonderful memories with it. Smiley
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2004, 11:00:37 AM »

Ur right it has grown on me, its got a very 'Leppard' sound to it and there are some good songs on their...

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2004, 02:16:52 PM »

Ur right it has grown on me, its got a very 'Leppard' sound to it and there are some good songs on their...

Paper Sun seems to have a glossy production to it, but it holds the classic DL sound very very well. IMHO.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2004, 05:01:52 PM »

Paper Sun seems to have a glossy production to it, but it holds the classic DL sound very very well. IMHO.

Paper sun sounds like its straight off Retro active, which is a good thing

Promises is a good song too

Edit: listening to Retro active again - never releasised there is a hidden track on their, a third version of 'Miss you in a heartbeat' - electric, acoustic and piano version

Thats great for me cos thats my fav Leppard song ok
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 05:43:39 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2004, 12:34:02 AM »

Paper sun sounds like its straight off Retro active, which is a good thing

Promises is a good song too

Edit: listening to Retro active again - never releasised there is a hidden track on their, a third version of 'Miss you in a heartbeat' - electric, acoustic and piano version

Thats great for me cos thats my fav Leppard song ok

I really thought promises was even better live.

How do you get the hidden track? Just keep letting the last CD play?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2004, 01:43:05 PM »

How do you get the hidden track? Just keep letting the last CD play?

Its just seconds after the last song (two steps behind, electric) about 4.50 into the song, its an even more acoustic version than the first version.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2004, 08:13:13 PM »

I bet I've heard it before and not really thought about it. I rarely look at the songs listed on CDs anymore.

I'll go listen to it and see if it jumps out at me.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2004, 05:48:40 AM »

Retro active is such a good album! I think it might even be my favourite Leppard album!

I haven't stopped listening to it since getting it several months ago, why aren't these songs on Hysteria and Adrenalize? How were they missed off? Imagine what those 2 albums would have been like if they had stuff like 'Desert Song', 'Ring of fire' and 'Miss you in a heartbeat' on them?

Possibly the only example in history where the 'B-sides' album has been as good as the rest of the artists stuff!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2004, 10:46:05 AM »

Retro active is such a good album! I think it might even be my favourite Leppard album!

I haven't stopped listening to it since getting it several months ago, why aren't these songs on Hysteria and Adrenalize? How were they missed off? Imagine what those 2 albums would have been like if they had stuff like 'Desert Song', 'Ring of fire' and 'Miss you in a heartbeat' on them?

Possibly the only example in history where the 'B-sides' album has been as good as the rest of the artists stuff!

Yea another album like that would be awesome. It puts 'x' to shame.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: