Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of...  (Read 11033 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 12:15:04 PM »

Yes the virus does die in the open air and in clean water.? (There has been at least one study to show that it can survive in the polluted ocean.)? But a needle is different, it has a kind of suction that allows the virus to remain protected in the needle.? So you can get it from a prick on a contaminated needle.? I don't know how easy it is to get, but it is possible.? That's why they have needle exchange programs, so that IV drug users don't spread it (or HEP C) around to each other.? They even have sharps containers in some inner city public restrooms.? Dirty needles are dangerous, but this particular story is untrue.

First off, DUFFMAN is right.  It's fake.

Way to go Duffman!

Second, on the above...the virus, itself, could not survive in a hypo.  It would need to be contained in body fluid, preferably blood (saliva and semen are also hosts, but much worse at "surviving" over time or out of the body).  THAT'S why the charing of needles can lead to infection.  It's not the needle that preserves the virus, it's the blood from the user that CONTAINS the virus that spreads it.  And the sharing has to be relatively immediate...same with tatoo needles...or the needle would need to be preserved (probably near frozen) and used immediately after it was taken from the preservation state.  The virus will "starve" relatively quickly in the blood if it's not "preserved" in some way, or transferred.

In short.....as Duffman said...it's fake.

Or, as Duffman's friend Homer would say:

MMMMMMMMMMM, Faaaaaaaar Feeeeeeettttccccchhhhheeeeddddd......

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Sterlingdog
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 07:03:38 PM »

Hello, my name is Duffman23235, and I believe everything I read on the internet.

Seriously people, it's fake.? FAKE!

Did anyone bother to run this through the bullshit detector known as snopes.com?

Apparently not, so I shall do it for you.

Aids needles in payphones? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/payphone.asp
Aids needles at the gas pump? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/gaspump.asp
Aids needles in the theatre? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.htm
Aids in fast food ketchup? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/ketchup.asp
Aids syringes in Pepsi cans? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/syringe.asp

Common sense, people.? Common sense.? Cut the paranoia about the things that aren't worth the fear (like all of the above, killer bees, getting shot just by walking downtown because you're white, etc.), and save it for the things that are worth it.? Like the coverups going on inside your governments.

I did!  First reply to this thread I posted the link to snopes.  But I guess nobody reads it.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 09:45:15 PM »

My apologies.  But still, people were carrying on with it even afterward, so I went and found a new extra examples.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 03:19:50 PM »

well if id heard it in a email i obviously wouldnt have believed it but i heard it from someone i know who mentioned an exact place where it had happened, as though she'd been told personally herself. so it wasnt really a lack of common sense.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 08:27:46 PM »

That's how urban legends get spread around.  People always say it happened to a friend of someone they know, or at a place nearby, whatever.  It has to be said that way to make it more believable.  People don't do it maliciously, its just human nature to want to add drama/believability to any story. 
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2005, 09:18:29 AM »

Apparently a man in my area went to the cinema, and when he went to sit down, he felt a sharp pain and stood up again. Because the cinema was dark, he had not noticed a needle sticking up on the chair. On the needle there was a tag saying "You now have HIV". Apparently similar sorts of things have happened on trains etc and in vending machines and other places. What kind of sick fuck would you have to be to do that to someone.

We've had that in france for about 15 years now and most times, it's a joke.
Although a joke, an interesting way to make people react and act responsible afterwards.
It is disturbing, shocking, yes. But it seems to work, doesn't it ?

Makes what work? confused

It provokes a reaction and makes people talk, it's all they want and they got exactly what they wanted

Nothing to say
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 12:48:53 PM »

In related news...I was parked in a clearing with my girl the other night.  We heard a report on the radio there was an escaped mental patient on the loose with a hook for a hand.  She started to get nervous, saying we should go home because of what we heard on the radio.  I tried to convince her it wasn't anything to worry about, but she persisted, so we went home.  When we got home we were terrified to see a hook hanging from the passenger side door.  True story.   ok

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 01:16:53 PM »

sad part is that some demented idiot might someday be inspired by this story

just goes to show there are sick people in this world

wow thanx for letting us know

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
Kurupt Girl
Banned
Headliner

Shut The Fuck Up

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 01:18:25 PM »

In related news...I was parked in a clearing with my girl the other night.? We heard a report on the radio there was an escaped mental patient on the loose with a hook for a hand.? She started to get nervous, saying we should go home because of what we heard on the radio.? I tried to convince her it wasn't anything to worry about, but she persisted, so we went home.? When we got home we were terrified to see a hook hanging from the passenger side door.? True story.? ?ok

that's the most boring story i've ever heard.

Every day of my life I take a glimpse in the mirror, and I see motherfuckers tryn'a be like me
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2005, 01:59:23 PM »

In related news...I was parked in a clearing with my girl the other night.  We heard a report on the radio there was an escaped mental patient on the loose with a hook for a hand.  She started to get nervous, saying we should go home because of what we heard on the radio.  I tried to convince her it wasn't anything to worry about, but she persisted, so we went home.  When we got home we were terrified to see a hook hanging from the passenger side door.  True story.   ok
Damn, so you stole his hook?!

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 02:16:42 PM »

No, man, he was fucking outside the car the whole time.  He was right about to bust inside and kill us.  Nobody's ever heard that one before?  I thought that one was even more common than the AIDS needle in the movie theater.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 04:28:40 PM »

In related news...I was parked in a clearing with my girl the other night.? We heard a report on the radio there was an escaped mental patient on the loose with a hook for a hand.? She started to get nervous, saying we should go home because of what we heard on the radio.? I tried to convince her it wasn't anything to worry about, but she persisted, so we went home.? When we got home we were terrified to see a hook hanging from the passenger side door.? True story.? ?ok

wow, you've only been a member for four days and you've already proved more than once that you are a complete dick.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 05:11:10 PM »

wow, you've only been a member for four days and you've already proved more than once that you are a complete dick.
Hey go easy on her!! She's nieve.... shes not ready for the ways of HTGTH!  I know I wasnt!!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 05:14:07 PM »

Well I must say its certainly a disgusting and sad situation , but Its not the most disgusting thing ever Wink

just kidding boys...
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 05:31:07 PM »

Hey go easy on her!! She's nieve.... shes not ready for the ways of HTGTH!? I know I wasnt!!!
You make this place sound like some sordid cesspit...not ready for the ways?....What ways be thee?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »

some sordid cesspit....That's what I'm wondering.

The chick is a dick. hihi

Excuse me, Axl Rose Chick but do we know you by the name of August or September by any chance? Huh
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 10:29:54 PM »

Hey go easy on her!! She's nieve.... shes not ready for the ways of HTGTH!? I know I wasnt!!!
You make this place sound like some sordid cesspit...not ready for the ways?....What ways be thee?

Sorry.... I;m just saying on this forum there are things you can and cannot say and get away with.  She obviously hasn't figured that out yet.  But thats why it says in Admin to lurk for a while - I did!!  ok

But I just hope she figures it out before she gets banned (aka - August 18th)

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 01:07:41 AM »

Excuse me, Axl Rose Chick but do we know you by the name of August or September by any chance? Huh

I thought the same exact thing when I saw some of her posts.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2005, 01:11:58 AM »

I thought the same exact thing when I saw some of her posts.
I thought of brain-damage

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2005, 01:18:32 AM »

The was a similar story back in the late 80's. About a hot woman who would pick up guys at nightclubs taking them back to have wild sex in some hotel.

They would wake up the next day with her gone and on the mirror was written in lipstick "Welcome to the wonderful world of AIDS".

Total bullshit of course.

Then the camping story urban legend. About a group of "friends of my other friends" who went camping. After they came back they developed their photos to see this man had stuck their toothbrushes up his butt and took pictures of the act! I heard that one all through the late 80's and early 90's. This always seemed to be happening to somebodies "friends". Just a story that was passed along.

Just like everybody had an aunt that worked in the emergency room when Richard Gere came in with a gerbil up his ass (which of course is bullshit).

Everybody would start off saying "My friends aunt is a nurse and works in the ER of a hospital in LA...." Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: