Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of...  (Read 11037 times)
purplehaze1988
Rocker

nur ihr konnt holland stoppen

« on: September 24, 2005, 10:10:47 AM »

Apparently a man in my area went to the cinema, and when he went to sit down, he felt a sharp pain and stood up again. Because the cinema was dark, he had not noticed a needle sticking up on the chair. On the needle there was a tag saying "You now have HIV". Apparently similar sorts of things have happened on trains etc and in vending machines and other places. What kind of sick fuck would you have to be to do that to someone.

I've worked too hard for my illusions just to throw them all away.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:56:42 AM »

Urban Legend.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.htm
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 12:22:59 PM »

Yeah, this is just a made up story...she sad part is that some demented idiot might someday be inspired by this story

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 12:41:04 PM »

sad part is that some demented idiot might someday be inspired by this story

just goes to show there are sick people in this world

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 03:46:12 PM »

Stuff like this is no urban legend.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Sterlingdog
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 05:03:55 PM »

what do you call it?
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 03:09:54 AM »

I've been hearing that one since I was like 5.  That being said I wouldn't put something like that past some people.  Its a fucked up world we live in.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 03:41:00 AM »

even if a needle does sting you with HIV (liquid ? blood ?) in it, there is still like only very small chances that the HIV gets you. and then evolves.

people always forget about the practical things.
what liquid is in the needle ?
if you sit in the needle, the liquid does not go in you (you have to press the other plastic part)
the virus would die in open air in like 1 minute.

so this is the most unrealistic ubran legend possible.

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 04:52:15 AM »

Apparently a man in my area went to the cinema, and when he went to sit down, he felt a sharp pain and stood up again. Because the cinema was dark, he had not noticed a needle sticking up on the chair. On the needle there was a tag saying "You now have HIV". Apparently similar sorts of things have happened on trains etc and in vending machines and other places. What kind of sick fuck would you have to be to do that to someone.

We've had that in france for about 15 years now and most times, it's a joke.
Although a joke, an interesting way to make people react and act responsible afterwards.
It is disturbing, shocking, yes. But it seems to work, doesn't it ?

Nothing to say
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 05:23:31 AM »

poeple do do this Sad

it's sad, fuckin' junkies leave shit around n' couldnt care who gets it no

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Queen of Everything
Slash is Orgasmic (This title has been bumped by the poster)
Legend

Slash Can Ride....... Me!

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 06:26:32 AM »

Hmm.... Yes, it does appear to be false!!

Formerly "Drama_qween"... but still as cool. Smiley
www.myspace.com/jessheartsmusic
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 10:18:19 AM »

I remember a friend told me that when he was studying in Costa Rica he was in this disco club and he and a couple of friends were dancing and drinking, The next week they see in the News paper that the disco was being clousure cause they have been injecting HIV in the drinks a few people got infected.  Sad
Sometimes is urban legend but some other times is just legends based on a true histories.  Sad
A lot of people are psyco.

No man can be my equal
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 11:04:31 AM »

I remember a friend told me that when he was studying in Costa Rica he was in this disco club and he and a couple of friends were dancing and drinking, The next week they see in the News paper that the disco was being clousure cause they have been injecting HIV in the drinks a few people got infected.  Sad
Sometimes is urban legend but some other times is just legends based on a true histories.  Sad
A lot of people are psyco.

what does that mean injecting hiv in drinks ?
what does infected means ?
you don't contract hiv in weeks, and you dont get tested sure in weeks.
even if you drink a whole hiv postive glass of blood, you wouldnt contract anything. chances are too low.

but don't go have sex with ugly girls. be safe Smiley

?__________?

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »

We've had that in france for about 15 years now and most times, it's a joke.
Although a joke, an interesting way to make people react and act responsible afterwards.
It is disturbing, shocking, yes. But it seems to work, doesn't it ?

Makes what work? confused

Quick! To the bandwagon!
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 01:36:36 PM »

doesnt the virus die in the open air? and quicker in water and liquids? this are legends , theres a remote chance that something like this could happen , but the virus can survive i think like 30 seconds in water and minutes in the open air .
Sterlingdog
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »

Yes the virus does die in the open air and in clean water.  (There has been at least one study to show that it can survive in the polluted ocean.)  But a needle is different, it has a kind of suction that allows the virus to remain protected in the needle.  So you can get it from a prick on a contaminated needle.  I don't know how easy it is to get, but it is possible.  That's why they have needle exchange programs, so that IV drug users don't spread it (or HEP C) around to each other.  They even have sharps containers in some inner city public restrooms.  Dirty needles are dangerous, but this particular story is untrue.
MCT
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 03:22:54 PM »

http://www.physorg.com/news6739.html

AIDS vaccine trial exceeds expectations

September 23, 2005

An experimental AIDS vaccine of Merck & Co. has exceeded expectations and led to a double enrollment in the trial to 3,000, researchers said.

The trial, conducted in healthy volunteers to determine their immune response to the vaccine, might indicate whether the immune reactions could prevent or control AIDS, reported the Wall Street Journal Friday.

The vaccine, called MRKAd5, uses an adenovirus -- a common-cold virus -- as a missile armed with man-made copies of three AIDS virus genes, has resulted in a stronger-than-expected immune response.

MRKAd5 has boosted such killer T-cells, which seek and destroy human cells infected by HIV by 50-fold to 100-fold -- an immune reaction comparable with successful vaccines for diseases like smallpox or measles, according to Lawrence Corey, principal investigator of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network in Seattle.

However, the vaccine doesn't elicit antibodies, another key element of immune protection.

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2005, 05:12:46 PM »

Seriously, how the hell do people keep falling for this one?

Oh, and be careful when taking change from phones and vending machines and using gas pumps too.  People are hiding AIDS-infected needles in those too.  Roll Eyes

GET A CLUE!

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 08:01:38 PM »

mmm I agree with you, purple,  damn, just imagine kids or babies, sitting there... and no matter the age, its human beings,  I honestly hope its only a bad joke...
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »

Hello, my name is Duffman23235, and I believe everything I read on the internet.

Seriously people, it's fake.  FAKE!

Did anyone bother to run this through the bullshit detector known as snopes.com?

Apparently not, so I shall do it for you.

Aids needles in payphones? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/payphone.asp
Aids needles at the gas pump? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/gaspump.asp
Aids needles in the theatre? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/pinprick.htm
Aids in fast food ketchup? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/ketchup.asp
Aids syringes in Pepsi cans? http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/syringe.asp

Common sense, people.  Common sense.  Cut the paranoia about the things that aren't worth the fear (like all of the above, killer bees, getting shot just by walking downtown because you're white, etc.), and save it for the things that are worth it.  Like the coverups going on inside your governments.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: