Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:27:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  This Band Sucks! (Artists not worthy of having a record contract)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This Band Sucks! (Artists not worthy of having a record contract)  (Read 15475 times)
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 05:05:29 AM »

I think anybody is worthy of a record contract if they have the heart and discipline to make it. Music is totally subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I don't think it's cool to be hating on bands, whether their style is appealing or not. I always get offended when people bash my favorite bands in front of me. It's inconsiderate. If you don't like an artist or band, that's cool, but there's no need to spit on their name and music.

Sometimes you have to give a band a chance. I used to dislike Pearl Jam. I thought they were just another rip off grunge act. I just knew their hits. But recently I've rediscovered them. They have so many great songs that I could have been listening to ten years ago. I really kick myself for writing them off.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 05:07:34 AM by journey » Logged
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 10:16:29 AM »

Yeah, but come on Bon Jovi it's nothing great at all, It's not that I hate the band cause I defenitely don't know the guys who does it. But their music it's out of talent and their lyrics are very weak and forced to play, ok I know I might be ofended to any Bon Jovi fan, but like the topic suggest it's about your apreciations of who you think shouldn't have a record contract.

No man can be my equal
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 12:02:52 PM »

Yeah, but come on Bon Jovi it's nothing great at all, It's not that I hate the band cause I defenitely don't know the guys who does it. But their music it's out of talent and their lyrics are very weak and forced to play, ok I know I might be ofended to any Bon Jovi fan, but like the topic suggest it's about your apreciations of who you think shouldn't have a record contract.

Yeah maybe, but they've sold more than 100 million albums and managed to stay together for almost 20 years, somthing which eh, *cough* our favourite band hasn't been able to do.

Fuck 'Em All.
POPmetal
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 02:27:10 PM »

Bands that celebrate mediocrity.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 02:47:31 PM »

I don't think it's cool to be hating on bands, whether their style is appealing or not. I always get offended when people bash my favorite bands in front of me. It's inconsiderate. If you don't like an artist or band, that's cool, but there's no need to spit on their name and music.

Boo hoo, have a kleenex. Maybe it's a different scenario in real life, e.g. talking shit about a band you know someone likes, but this is just a message board and hating on bands is extremely cool.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 04:44:34 PM »

Yeah maybe, but they've sold more than 100 million albums and managed to stay together for almost 20 years, somthing which eh, *cough* our favourite band hasn't been able to do.

Well my fave band is Queen above all so  Undecided
Anyway I know what you are saying and selling lots of records doesn't mean that you are the greatest thing in the earth lets put it this way. Britney Spears. I'm not comparing her with any rock band but the fact that she has sell a lot more than any other rock band nowadays.

No man can be my equal
Evolution
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 05:40:46 PM »

Any pop act these days, i don't want to see mime artists i want to see musical artists goddamit  rant
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 06:12:04 PM »

I mean look at how many records the beatles sold, and they aint what id class as a great group. Sure they started a style trend of whatever, but in terms of music they are boring.

html sucks
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 07:59:02 PM »

Bands that celebrate mediocrity.

I've always found that bands that emphasize rhythm and beat over melody and harmony are the ones to celebrate mediocrity. This is a problem in rock and death metal more than other genres, since these genres provide the flexibility for more varied musical expression that often isn't taken advantage of.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2005, 02:37:06 AM »

I think I may have just fallen in love with Mr. Dick Purple.

I agree that Bon Jovi sucks.  They suck so bad.  They are the worst excuse for a band, and I refuse to put the word rock in front of 'band' because that's just an insult to every other rock band that has ever existed.

They make all other bands listed here look like amazing talents.   yes
Mr. Dick Purple
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2005, 10:10:23 AM »

I think I may have just fallen in love with Mr. Dick Purple.

I agree that Bon Jovi sucks.  They suck so bad.  They are the worst excuse for a band, and I refuse to put the word rock in front of 'band' because that's just an insult to every other rock band that has ever existed.

They make all other bands listed here look like amazing talents.   yes
Let's met each other  Grin  Kiss

No man can be my equal
Buddy J.B.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2005, 04:18:43 AM »

Stain, limp bizquick, new found glory hole, her hooba stank,green day, I want my nickel back, greed, good harlot..... all of which dont deserve to even be called by there original horrific names, much less given a record contract ok
you forgot shit-stain and green gay yes ....but great mock names for the others.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 04:20:27 AM by Jeff Spicoli » Logged
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 12:53:52 PM »

any emo band (My Chemical Romance, AFI, etc.)

reasons:

No musical talent whatsoever. Simple 4 chord songs with a bridge and chorus, nothing unique about their playing style

all they sing about is "my life sucks, my girlfriend left me, a wanna die"

they try to be gothic with thier clothes and attitude, but they're just little girls pretenting to be guys

they suck

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2005, 04:19:10 AM »

U2. Horrible, just horrible.
oh the humanity? Cry

Agreed.

Talk about rock n' roll blasphemy!!!

If the Lord has a controversy with the nations He will put them to the sword.
Holy War
Banned
Headliner

READ MY LIPS

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2005, 04:29:43 AM »

So many, so little time.

I believe Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, Creed, Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Blink 182, Sum 41, etc. have already been mentioned.

Don't forget the Deftones.? Godawful!!!? ?rant

And of course, the worst of all time....

Nirvana    Tongue    Tongue    Tongue

If the Lord has a controversy with the nations He will put them to the sword.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2005, 05:20:58 AM »

U2. Horrible, just horrible.
oh the humanity  Cry

Agreed.

Talk about rock n' roll blasphemy!!!

Yeah man, I know what you mean.. those whiny U2 pricks are a disgrace to rock n' roll.

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2005, 07:19:19 AM »

U2's 90's stuff is for the most part so awful that i can sympathise with those that want them playing street corners.....

I think its easier to list those bands that deserve a record deal that those that don't.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, U2. Horrible, just horrible.

Emmmm hmmm... I hope you`re wrong about U2... If you don`t know U2 is the last GREAT RnR band of the band...  yes
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2005, 02:58:35 PM »

U2's 90's stuff is for the most part so awful that i can sympathise with those that want them playing street corners.....

I think its easier to list those bands that deserve a record deal that those that don't.....

Can`t believe you think about U2 at this way...U2 is THE BEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN LAST 15 YEARS or at leats the last one...
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2005, 03:22:55 PM »

U2 is the last GREAT RnR band of the band

Band of the band? Mmmkay. I can't really see how U2 is rock n' roll anyway, I've always thought of their stuff as pop music.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: