Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Korn
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Korn  (Read 19268 times)
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 09, 2005, 03:16:56 PM »

I`m sorry if this was in topic before but yesterday i was in Korn concert in Sofia, Bulgaria and it was fucking amazing. I`m not a big fan of this band but they make a great show. 1.30 hour they played almost everything of they hit collection. Really good show!  ok ok
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:01:59 PM »

They've done a few tracks i really like such as Make Me Bad & Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd cover) a lot of their early singles were decent but they seemed to drift off.  Despite that i always thought they would be a great band to see live.  I saw them at Download, 2004 in Donnington they were on before Metallica now my memory isn't wonderful but i would say they had a good hour at least and in all honesty i was totally bored, they really dissapointed me i expected so much more, after that i don't have a high opinion of them as a live band but hey every band has an off day maybe it was one for them, they just seemed to lack energy...it was very lackluster.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 08:18:19 PM »

You went to a Korn concert? What, did you lose a bet? Wink
damien24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 01:16:53 AM »

great band-   great music,  i hope 20 years from now i can still go see em live,   this is a band thats gonna be around for a while
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 03:14:43 AM »

You went to a Korn concert? What, did you lose a bet? Wink

No  Grin

In my country always come old 20-25 years bands like Deep Purple, Scorpions or other like this. It sooooo boring. I go in this becouse Korn a yang, fresh and curent of the day band. It was cool.
Evolution
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 07:26:31 AM »

I bought their Greatest Hits because i had a tenner left over one weekend and i actually enjoyed it. I like Got The Life and the one with Jolie in the video...................it escapes me right now
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

No  Grin

In my country always come old 20-25 years bands like Deep Purple, Scorpions or other like this. It sooooo boring. I go in this becouse Korn a yang, fresh and curent of the day band. It was cool.

You live in a fine country. You just haven't learned to appreciate the awesomeness of those old bands.  Tongue Deep Purple live is much better than in the studio, just like Judas Priest. I don't know about live Scorpions, but the band is great in the studio.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 05:40:46 AM »

Not a big fan of the band, so I wasn't so much into seeing them.

But I got a guest pass so I went.

Must admit, pretty good gig. The crowd was amazing and so much into the songs, and the band was really good.

The "Secret" guitar player though was kinda funny. I could see him rocking behind the amps and I thought "it's a real shame that this guy is playing all these tunes and he can't rock with this crowd"...

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 03:16:52 PM »

What do people think of the new album?

Its superb - their best since Follow the leader, which still ranks as one of my top albums of all time - this could be even better, and i haven't even finished listening to it!

Great melody, heavy as hell, its an album of singles - great stuff

Quick! To the bandwagon!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 05:04:27 PM »

Im wanting to buy it, is it really that good Izzy?

I think Jonathan Davis is the closest thing we've had to another Axl.

Not that he is but he has a dynamic great voice, True,real issues and is a great frontman.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 05:52:35 PM »

Not that he is but he has a dynamic great voice, True,real issues and is a great frontman.

I'd say it was worth picking up - maybe check out the first single 'twisted transistor' and d/l 'politics' first

Its far more accessible than most of their offerings and really makes me want to dig out all my Korn albums and listen to them again.

I'm really enjoying it, when i have listened to it a few more times i will be able to give a proper view, but its great stuff for sure - head bangin' stuff, has a great energy to it and the riffs are the fantastic chugging nonsense we've come to love about Korn
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 05:56:27 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 08:40:42 PM »

twisted transistor
Since i stopped watching Kerrang and stuff i really am getting behind with stuff, i did not even know they had a new album, but i did here this single it was the theme song for Taboo Tuesday great tune as well.  I may have to go and get their album (sorry i mean download it...), i was kind of put off them when i saw them at Download the other year cos live they well bored me...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 04:42:52 AM »

I'd say it was worth picking up - maybe check out the first single 'twisted transistor' and d/l 'politics' first

Its far more accessible than most of their offerings and really makes me want to dig out all my Korn albums and listen to them again.

I'm really enjoying it, when i have listened to it a few more times i will be able to give a proper view, but its great stuff for sure - head bangin' stuff, has a great energy to it and the riffs are the fantastic chugging nonsense we've come to love about Korn

I bought it today for 9.99 at Best Buy there were about 60 people in line though so Im glad its a great CD.I listened to it about half way through and havent had time to give it a proper listen.

So far though I am very pleased with it, Love Song stands out and the song about the 2 way or something, Cant remember the title right off, but it really grabbed me on the first listen.

im gonna ride around and crank it up properly tomorrow, So far though, I think you are dead on, It is kick ass a half listen through. ok

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 06:08:21 AM »

Just started getting into them. Follow the leader was great, and various tracks ive listened to were cool aswell.

html sucks
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 03:08:10 PM »

I love Korn! And I can't believe I've been following this band from the start.
I've seen them grow into one of the biggest bands, then fade away just as quickly.

I'll always hold their music very close to me, even though I don't like ANY other nu metal stuff at all. I think Korn were/are light years ahead of all those other bands.

As for the new CD, I haven't heard it yet. The new single is pretty catchy, which is strange for a Korn song. But I like it all the same. The video is TERRIBLE though.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 05:49:22 PM »

The New album is very bad...very commercial.

html sucks
Evolution
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 05:50:40 PM »

The video was moderately funny first go. Now i just want to hear the song but the "jokes" drown almost all of it out  Undecided
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 06:40:35 PM »

I saw a new version of the video today that has all the dialogue cut out. It's just the song. It's a much better video
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 07:31:48 PM »

Ive heard that too.

Apparently with Head gone, the song structure is really, really poor and the drums and guitars are almost none existent in portions of the record.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »

Ive heard that too.

Apparently with Head gone, the song structure is really, really poor and the drums and guitars are almost none existent in portions of the record.

Whoever told u that is fuckin full of shit.

this is the best Korn Album Ive ever heard.

Head sucked dude, his riffs were so similiar u couldnt hardly tell one song from the next.

Korn have evolved on this record, they have a more modern, NIN type sound and they have great lyrics and melodies.

What the fuck is wrong with being commercial?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: