Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:43:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Moving to United States :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Moving to United States :-)  (Read 13748 times)
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Set U Free

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 08:52:14 PM »

OK...... It is my last day at work tomorrow - SLC

I still want to go visit the states whether I am with Toni or not...

But i dont have allot of money, so i need to find a cheap place to live.... how hard is it to find a job in the US?? cos it is easy here.... but i dont want to go over there.. and then get stranded..

Live it, Love it, Cherish it, for Rock And Roll is the key to life
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 08:55:15 PM »

First you were leaving the board.....

Then you came back.....

Then you were going to move to America....

But then you didn't....

This is too much drama for me......

I'm exhausted.......

you know you love me hihi

Sterlingdog
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »

OK...... It is my last day at work tomorrow - SLC

I still want to go visit the states whether I am with Toni or not...

But i dont have allot of money, so i need to find a cheap place to live.... how hard is it to find a job in the US?? cos it is easy here.... but i dont want to go over there.. and then get stranded..

It depends on how picky you are about what you will do.  Its easy to get jobs at fast food.  And if you were over 18, I'd hire you in a second, but you'd have to be willing to change adult diapers and wipe up drool.  Better paying, skilled jobs are harder to come by, at least in California. 
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2005, 09:13:16 PM »

i wouldnt be able to live off the salery of a fast food place would i ??

i have a pretty good resume

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2005, 09:24:17 PM »

You can't really live off of a fast food salary unless you're a manager, and in that case you'd be working 16 hours a day. Forget that! hihi

Maybe when you find out which state you'd like to visit/live, you could do an internet search of jobs in that area and mail off your resume. That way you would have a job waiting for you when you arrived.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »

No, not unless you like living in the worst area in town, and always being broke....then you'd be happy as a clam.
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »

You can't really live off of a fast food salary unless you're a manager, and in that case you'd be working 16 hours a day. Forget that! hihi

Maybe when you find out which state you'd like to visit/live, you could do an internet search of jobs in that area and mail off your resume. That way you would have a job waiting for you when you arrived.

yeah.. i have been looking up jobs in georgia... but i want to go to a place wit heaps of night life... and not to pricy.... OMG guys... i cant believe CHRISTMAS is only 3 MONTHS AWAY !!! this year has flown by so quickly.. i turn 18 next year !!! cant wait

over in the US you have to be 21 to drink and go to the clubs hey Huh

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2005, 12:14:26 AM »

SLC could always use a nice housekeeper, that sheep costume may get a bit under comfortable though hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2005, 12:33:59 AM »

Aussie:  Um... I realize that what I'm going to say is going to sound very condesending, and please know it's not my intention, but I suppose there's no real way to keep from sounding that way and say what I have to say.

It is possible to meet and fall in love with someone via the internet.  I'm living proof of that. 

However... given what I've read just here in this very thread, I think that you're acting WAYYYY too fast on your feelings.  You seem to be juggling between your feelings for guy A and guy B, and this isn't fair to either guy, nor is it fair to yourself. 

In my personal opinion, I think it would be prudent for you to sit back and think about YOURSELF at this point.  Based on what I'm reading here, I am getting this impression that you have a pretty low sense of self (meaning, you aren't happy just being who you are -- you aren't  casting the impression that you actually like yourself.) and you are relying too heavily upon these feelings for people that you don't really know very well to make you feel more satisfied with yourself. 

You're playing a very dangerous game that will only end in regret and disappointment.
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2005, 01:18:13 AM »

hmmmm... well... i am not IN love... and I have MET Toni.... we spent heaps of time together when he was here in perth... and i speak to him everyday...

now clint.. i have not met... but have been talking to him for 4 months via phone and email/ this board....

i dont think it is wise of you to tell me what i am, or what i am not.. cos really i am going to the US no matter what, and i am taking my best mate wit me...

Tied up, you are allowed to have your opinion... but when it's putting me down, saying i dont have any self... or watever.. i really dont want to hear it ay.. i mean i am who i am... and my opinion is.. is that i aint going to sit round in this shit whole and waist my life... There are so many beautiful things in this world and i aint going to die without seeing them.. life is too short to rationlize everything.... im not up for that, i am a free spirit and i will go where ever the wind blows me...

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2005, 01:25:36 AM »

U seem to fall head over heels in love kinda fast though Miss Aussie, nothing wrong with that but u also seem to fall out of it pretty quick as well.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2005, 01:31:21 AM »

does anyone else have a problem with how i do things or what??? cos you mite as well join in.. everyone wants to have a shot at it... go ahead

be my guest

Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2005, 01:34:31 AM »

U seem to fall head over heels in love kinda fast though Miss Aussie, nothing wrong with that but u also seem to fall out of it pretty quick as well.

D, i aint head over heels...  overwhelmed maybe but i aint head over heels...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2005, 02:02:23 AM »

News flashMiss-Aussie has fallen in love again!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2005, 02:02:54 AM »

This just in...breaking news....

Miss-Aussie...........is no longer in love.....
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2005, 02:08:56 AM »

No one's judging you. They're just concerned about your well-being. But you're absolutely right, it's nobody's business.

I hope you do make it out to the States. It's a great place to live.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2005, 07:26:50 PM »

hmmmm... well... i am not IN love... and I have MET Toni.... we spent heaps of time together when he was here in perth... and i speak to him everyday...

now clint.. i have not met... but have been talking to him for 4 months via phone and email/ this board....

i dont think it is wise of you to tell me what i am, or what i am not.. cos really i am going to the US no matter what, and i am taking my best mate wit me...

Tied up, you are allowed to have your opinion... but when it's putting me down, saying i dont have any self... or watever.. i really dont want to hear it ay.. i mean i am who i am... and my opinion is.. is that i aint going to sit round in this shit whole and waist my life... There are so many beautiful things in this world and i aint going to die without seeing them.. life is too short to rationlize everything.... im not up for that, i am a free spirit and i will go where ever the wind blows me...

I offered a prequalifier to my statement, because I knew what I was about to say would be interpreted as a condesending put down, which was not my intention, but it was the only way I could think of to say what I felt needed to be said. 

I agree that life IS too short to rationalize everything... but it is also too short to make decisions that are based only on emotions that appear to be flighty at best.  That is the way I've interpreted your actions based on what you've posted here, and you are right, I do not know you, and  I'm sorry if my judgement seems harsh to you.  It's none of my business what you choose to do, you're completely welcome to make whatever choices you choose to make with regards to your own life, I was merely pointing out the pattern that you've demonstrated within the course of less than 1 week, and I really don't think I'm the only person who sees it.

I wish you the best at whatever you choose to do.

Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2005, 08:12:05 PM »

I'm not going there based on my feelings for person/male watever.... i am going there for me.. it is what i have wanted to do my whole life.. and i have found the courage to do it, and i will.. so the emotions you speak of are not my reason for going there, they actually have nothing to do with it... it is for me, and yes i was going to meet him while i was over there, stay with him for a while but then move on... and go visit other states... say like... a back packer....ya no

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2005, 02:58:57 AM »

In that case... cool... I think you'll like it, there is a lot of great things to see here. 

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2005, 01:34:17 PM »

does anyone else have a problem with how i do things or what??? cos you mite as well join in.. everyone wants to have a shot at it... go ahead

be my guest

Well since you asked. Your punctuation and capitalization skills sometimes leaves abit to be desired hihi

If you are still on the USA kick, as SLC, said Florida mostly sucks, unless you are retiring already. The city that I live in has a low cost of living but has alot to do and is within reasonable driving distance of Orlando and Miami. Overall though avoid Florida. Northeast is cool as long as you dont mind the cold. I was out in California recently and from LA down to San Diego is really nice and the weather is awesome.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »