Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:45:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was Axl making fun of Led Zeppelin in NYC 2002?  (Read 11463 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2005, 04:13:46 AM »

Led Zepplin greatest band ever? U cant be serious

Robert Plant sounds like someone has his nuts in a vice grip

Ill take Axl over that guy anyday and I hate when Aerosmith or any group I love put their fuckin song in a commercial.

How much money do u need?

It just diminishes everything.

WTTJ on San Andreas doesnt count because Axl is involved with the game, its not the same thing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
makane
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2005, 04:27:15 AM »

Wasn't "Paradise City" on The Longest Yard? atleast it was on the trailer.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2005, 06:42:28 PM »

WTTJ on San Andreas doesnt count because Axl is involved with the game, its not the same thing.

Hahahaha! Thats rich! "it's not the same thing" ...  rofl

Guess thats just opinion because I think it is the same thing.  ok  Not only that but I would be more ashamed to have my bands definitive song associated with a "video game" then for a car commercial.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2005, 07:10:52 PM »

Axl is real

he always has been he always will be

One of the things that makes Axl so great is the fact he is real

one of the few celebrities u will ever find that says what is on his mind without regard to an "image" or alienating or pissing people off.

I respect him for it even if i dont always agree with him.

Most give the scripted politically correct statements, but not Axl.

I love when people say that Zepplin are the greatest band ever, there is no such thing as a greatest band ever because music is subjective.

I would take a warrant CD over a Zepplin Cd

how bout that?

Id rather listen to the backstreet Boys than Beethoven

just the truth.

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2005, 07:38:10 PM »

Axl is real

one of the few celebrities u will ever find that says what is on his mind without regard to an "image" or alienating or pissing people off.

I love when people say that Zepplin are the greatest band ever, there is no such thing as a greatest band ever because music is subjective.

how bout that?

just the truth.

Huh

Cool for you man , enjoy those backstreet boys.  ok

electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2005, 02:08:05 AM »

it's called being a sellout? Shocked

do you really wanna think of a fucking car or pepsi or a stupid movie or something everytime you hear Paradise City or Sweet Child?? nervous I don't, that's what slash and duff want though, as much cash as possible by exploiting classic GnR tunes

Rock and roll is supposed to rebel against the system and now rock icons (Zepplin) are helping to sell cadillacs to rich old people. think about it

you hit the nail right on the head though. why sell the song to a corporation, they are Led fucking Zepplin. they don't need exposure like that people will buy and listen to their music regardless

Zeppelin is far from selling out. Don't talk about sellout on a gn'r board. WTTJ has been used numerous times this year. Zeppelin barely let Cameron Crowe use their songs in movies for fucks sake. And he is personal friends with jimmy and robert. Get your fucking facts straight. They did it once. And it was a huge deal. Cadillac has yet to change the promomtion.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2005, 02:10:24 AM »

Maybe Led Zeppelin don't own the publishing rights to their own songs and therefore have nothing to say about who can or cannot use their music?

I don't know but that a possibility since they are from the time that a lot of bands signed bad contracts.

Well, you obviously don't know. Led Zeppelin are the only band EVER to take 90% of all profits. They had and still have the best record deal EVER.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:20:01 AM by electricmage » Logged
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:54 AM »

In the past few years, I have slowed down on GnR news...can someone tell me....how was Jungle used for GTA? is it in fact true that Axl sold his rights to GnR catalogue to Sanctuary?Huh

Yes , he did sell "publishing" rights.

And btw , axl himself was a voice actor for the videogame.

and publishing rights is only the rights to publish lyrics and musical notation in books and whatnot not sell the songs themselves

Besides GTA is wayyy cooler than Cadillac ?Smiley cuz in GTA you can kill things and stuff ?hihi

if you kill things with a Cadillac your grampa will get in trouble rofl

good point Saul but if GTA doesn't rebel against the system I don't know what does, and that's what Rock n Roll is all about... rebellion

Not an old guy in a car with heated seats and headlight wipers

What about Paradise City in the trailer for "The Longest Yard". What the fuck does Paradise city have to do with inmates playing football?
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2005, 02:19:13 AM »

Axl is real

how bout that?

just the truth.

You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

Also, Zeppelin is the second best selling ever. Under the fucking beatles. Over the stones.

And yes, you can say greatest band ever. Just look at all the examples on that "da beatles will ruin guns forever" thread.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2005, 03:07:05 AM »

U gonna insult my intelligence by stating opinions as facts, way to go pal!

even by your logic they'd still be second to the Beatles, so there ya go. but anyway

U cant say something is better than something else because? u cant argue musical taste.

So saying they are YOUR greatest band ever is fine.

But Im tired of Critics trying to force feed stuff down my throat as fact when it isnt fact. Just cause we've been told Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever doesnt mean he is, I mean the beatles, Hendrix, Led Zepplin, to critics nothing can ever be greater and I think that is bullshit.

Perception is reality

If u get told something long enough that becomes reality

There is no such thing as a greatest band of all time.

The Beatles? Id much rather listen to GNR,Bon Jovi,Prince even Motley Crue

Led Zepplin? I just dont feel it

So stop taking subjective material and trying to make it something else, U just cant do that with music.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 03:09:43 AM by D? » Logged

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2005, 04:51:18 PM »

The day Axl writes a song half as good as anything on Led Zep II, Four Symbols or Physical Graffiti, then he can think about extracting the urine out of the mighty Zep. beer

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2005, 04:55:21 PM »

U cant say something is better than something else because  u cant argue musical taste.

Simply not true. Beethoven's fifth is objectively a better peice of music than twinkle twinkle little star. It is possible to argue musical taste.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2005, 06:51:30 PM »

Maybe robert drives a caddie

Hahahaha! Thats rich! "it's not the same thing" ...? rofl

Guess thats just opinion because I think it is the same thing.? ok? Not only that but I would be more ashamed to have my bands definitive song associated with a "video game" then for a car commercial.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2005, 08:20:08 PM »

U cant say something is better than something else because? u cant argue musical taste.

Simply not true. Beethoven's fifth is objectively a better peice of music than twinkle twinkle little star. It is possible to argue musical taste.

U can say a piece of music is "more complex" than another piece but I guarantee u somewhere in the world someone likes Twinkle twinkle better.

I dont but I guarantee u'd be surprised.

because something is more complex doesnt make it better

Radiohead are a hundred times more complex musically than Bon Jovi but to me Bon Jovi are a 100 times better band than Radiohead even though I can acknowledge the fact Radiohead are more complex.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 08:22:24 PM by D? » Logged

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2005, 08:53:37 PM »

Basically if you ask 100 random people who the greatest band ever is they are not all going to say Led Zeppelin.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Set U Free

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »

The mighty Zep sold the rights to that one song just to be used for Cadillac. Please don't disrespect the greatest band ever to walk the earth. Thanks. ok

totally agree, and back you up 100%

Led Zepplin are Legends, and axl had no right to make fun of them or even make a comment like that.
What a fucking idiot, as much as i love axl he pisses me off sometimes. :ok:

Live it, Love it, Cherish it, for Rock And Roll is the key to life
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2005, 09:45:02 PM »

Basically if you ask 100 random people who the greatest band ever is they are not all going to say Led Zeppelin.

70% of them will

Miss-Aussie
Rocker

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2005, 09:47:14 PM »

U cant say something is better than something else because  u cant argue musical taste.

U can say a piece of music is "more complex" than another piece but I guarantee u somewhere in the world someone likes Twinkle twinkle better.

I dont but I guarantee u'd be surprised.

because something is more complex doesnt make it better

Radiohead are a hundred times more complex musically than Bon Jovi but to me Bon Jovi are a 100 times better band than Radiohead even though I can acknowledge the fact Radiohead are more complex.

D You totally rock !!!! hihi

Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2005, 11:20:58 PM »

Axl was js making a humorous remark, so what. Led Zeppelin have always been very controlling over the use of their music, and why wouldnt they be? But the idea of them using it to sell cadillacs is amusing.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2005, 12:39:20 AM »

well, a couple years ago there was a resurgence of classic rock albums being bought by younger kids who were into the white stripes and all these bands being played on MTV. When someone you idolize mentions how much he loves Zeppelin, you are probably going to buy an album. I think jimmy, jpj and robert noticed this and wanted to bring some music to a wider audience. But do you people really want to complain? Why don't you bitch some more, and maybe all these fucking kids who dont know a thing about Guns, Zeppelin or any other great act, go out and buy some more beyonce albums. If Zeppelin wants to put a kick ass rock n roll song, titled "Rock n' Roll", then by all means go ahead. It's better then hearing Britney Spears on a fucking Pepsi commercial.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 12:41:40 AM by electricmage » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: