Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:18:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Alright ,can someone help me refresh my memory about why we're at war?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alright ,can someone help me refresh my memory about why we're at war?  (Read 7246 times)
MikeB
« on: July 15, 2005, 09:44:36 AM »

I notice before this past election , people were really getting into arguements about politics a lot. Republicans got very angry if you didn't agree with Bush, especially rednecks and bible-bangers.They believed deeply that we had to be at war. The republicans claimed that the arabs or afganistans(whatever the fuck you call them!) hated america for no reason and wanted to takeover us.

But with Democracy's side , they believe the Republican party only cares about the rich not the poor. They look at war now like Bush is invading Iraq like he's a jock picking on nerds for no reason. Democrats think the invasion is for oil problems or something like that.

So my question is why did Bush choose to invade Iraq?
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:47:54 AM »

Bush invaded Iraq because he thinks he's the only person in the world who's allowed have WMD's despite the fact that Iraq doesn't even have them.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »

It's all about the oil and setting up a regime friendly to the US to keep oil prices down.  Bush doesn't give a shit about the Iraqi people, frreedom, Democracy, etc.  War makes money and Bush's buddies are rolling in it as we speak....
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 09:56:27 PM »

oil. hes using the WMD as a crutch.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 11:33:08 PM »

Bush (and his administration) wanted to use the war to strike fear in the heart of Americans.  It's a method of control.  It worked.  It continues to work as bush still has support, although it is wavering.

We started a war with a country that was not responsible for 9/11 (something that bush snowed us with) and did not have the weapons bush claimed, and was not the threat that bush claimed.  We essentially IGNORED the country that was harboring the enemy that WAS responsible for the atrocities of 9/11.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 11:38:36 PM »

We started a war with a country that was not responsible for 9/11 (something that bush snowed us with) and did not have the weapons bush claimed, and was not the threat that bush claimed.  We essentially IGNORED the country that was harboring the enemy that WAS responsible for the atrocities of 9/11.

Yea, I always figured that Osama would be first in line to vote for Bush on re-election. He knew Bush wasn't going to be coming after him.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 12:45:26 AM »

Bush and Bin Laden have several similarities.  The major one is that they both send the poor off to fight their battles for them. 
gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 01:31:03 AM »

i thought it was because of janet jacksons boob. after all thats whats gonna ruin this planet

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 02:53:28 AM »

Bush and Bin Laden have several similarities.  The major one is that they both send the poor off to fight their battles for them. 

The poor have been fighting wars for the rich for centuries.......

MikeB
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 02:57:07 AM »

Bush and Bin Laden have several similarities. The major one is that they both send the poor off to fight their battles for them.

Reminds me of that line from the Gn'R song Civil War,"It feeds the rich while it buries the poor."
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 03:36:14 AM »

Original Cause: WMD's

Then W told us we were there to "free" the Iraqis and promote democracy

Now W says were there to fight the terrorists in Iraq so we don't fight them on the homefront

Cleary, this war wasn't worth it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 03:41:20 AM »

Bush and Bin Laden have several similarities. The major one is that they both send the poor off to fight their battles for them.

Reminds me of that line from the Gn'R song Civil War,"It feeds the rich while it buries the poor."

Yes. Halliburton STILL HAVE NOT been held accountable for their gouging of the American tax payers (to the tune of billions), but yet they were awarded even MORE CONTRACTS equaling billions of more dollars for them.

Amazing isn't it? It was on C-span, but that was about it. I was glad to see it packed with reporters, but I guess the corporate powers that be, didn't want the story told too much.

Halliburton which, of course, Chenney still has financial gain(s) from. This is utter crap, complete fraud, approved by the our leaders Bush and Chenney. Fraud, I might add, that is taken out on the American tax payer for corporate interest and profits, that directly fattens Chenney's wallet!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 03:42:41 AM »

Now W says were there to fight the terrorists in Iraq so we don't fight them on the homefront

Too late, it's already bombs away London style.
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 03:46:32 AM »

Too late, it's already bombs away London style.

I totally agree.  Although I'm American, I consider London part of the homefront.  I'm also waiting on W's next justification for "staying the course."  I could totally see withdrawing all troops from Iraq and declaring victory based on W's 2nd cause for war (freeing the Iraqis and creating democracy).  You know Fox News would spin it that we won the war. 
sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 03:55:06 AM »

just research old quotes from all the democrats that voted for the war - i'm sure you'll find their reasons. leading up to the election last year, kerry even said he would have gone to war knowing what he knows today.

here's a list.....

29 Democrats joined 48 Republicans to pass a Senate resolution on October 11 authorizing President Bush to use military force, if necessary, to disarm Iraq:

Max Baucus (Mont.)
Evan Bayh (Ind.)
Joe Biden (Del.)
John Breaux (La.)
Maria Cantwell (Wash.)
Jean Carnahan (Mo.)
Tom Carper (Del.)
Max Cleland (Ga.)
Hillary Clinton (N.Y.)
Tom Daschle (S.D.)
Christopher Dodd (Conn.)
Byron Dorgan (N.D.)
John Edwards (N.C.)
Dianne Feinstein (Calif.)
Tom Harkin (Iowa)
Fritz Hollings (S.C.)
Tim Johnson (S.D.)
John Kerry (Mass.)
Herb Kohl (Wis.)
Mary Landrieu (La.)
Joe Lieberman (Conn.)
Blanche Lincoln (Ark.)
Zell Miller (Ga.)
Ben Nelson (Neb.)
Bill Nelson (Fla.)
Harry Reid (Nev.)
John Rockefeller (W.Va.)
Charles Schumer (N.Y.)
Bob Torricelli (N.J.)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2005, 04:02:16 AM »

just research old quotes from all the democrats that voted for the war - i'm sure you'll find their reasons. leading up to the election last year, kerry even said he would have gone to war knowing what he knows today.

here's a list.....

29 Democrats joined 48 Republicans to pass a Senate resolution on October 11 authorizing President Bush to use military force, if necessary, to disarm Iraq:

Max Baucus (Mont.)
Evan Bayh (Ind.)
Joe Biden (Del.)
John Breaux (La.)
Maria Cantwell (Wash.)
Jean Carnahan (Mo.)
Tom Carper (Del.)
Max Cleland (Ga.)
Hillary Clinton (N.Y.)
Tom Daschle (S.D.)
Christopher Dodd (Conn.)
Byron Dorgan (N.D.)
John Edwards (N.C.)
Tom Harkin (Iowa)
Fritz Hollings (S.C.)
Tim Johnson (S.D.)
John Kerry (Mass.)
Herb Kohl (Wis.)
Mary Landrieu (La.)
Joe Lieberman (Conn.)
Blanche Lincoln (Ark.)
Zell Miller (Ga.)
Ben Nelson (Neb.)
Bill Nelson (Fla.)
Harry Reid (Nev.)
John Rockefeller (W.Va.)
Charles Schumer (N.Y.)
Bob Torricelli (N.J.)

What stands out about that is the "if necessary" portion.? They voted to give the president use of force if necessary.? How many of these senators would change their vote?? Several prominent republicans would've definitely changed their votes; including a certain Carolina republican who changed French Fries to Freedom Fries.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2005, 04:33:51 AM »

"Several prominent republicans would've definitely changed their votes; including a certain Carolina republican who changed French Fries to Freedom Fries."

Yea, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I read about that the other day and laughed out loud.
WiZard
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2005, 09:27:12 AM »

King of the Hill syndrome:

What is the ultimate human competition? Is it war? When you've made it to the top of the competitive hierarchy the only challenge left is war. When all the business competitions have been won, and when all the political competitions have been won, and all the personal competitions have been won, the only worthy competitive challenge left is war. It's the last way left to win. And in a competitive belief structure winning is always the ultimate goal. But you can't win unless there's a loser. That's the nature of competition.

"Living in Joy"- White Feather, 2004

Why is the war still going?? Does anybody remember why Bush & co. started it all?? On the heels of 9/11?? Am I remembering correctly?? It's been so long and so much bullshit has been placed on our plates....I forget.

Wasn't it because we had the Afghans fight our war for us against Russia, then we abandoned Afghanistan in all its rubble?  The the terrorist attacks began..........Huh?

Or was it the Weapons of Mass Destruction that are not actually there?

Is it because a small band of humans portraying our government will not admit being wrong?

Are the stakes too high to make such an admission?

If we did not attack Iraq, would they have eventually attacked us?? Do we invade a country just because we are afraid?

Is it really about oil?? If you were out of oil and the only way to get some was to kill your neighbor....would you do it?

What would make you kill another human?? For food....water.....for any "object"?

I would only kill to defend against an immediate life threatening attack on me, my family, my friends and even an innocent person being attacked in my presence.

But what if somebody threatened to attack you?? Could you defend yourself against threats?? I think that would get you into trouble.

You felt that John Doe was going to kill you so you went over his house and attacked him.  Do you think you would be in trouble?

I'd have to say that war just does not make any sense.

That's my take anyway.

Can anybody really give war credibility?

sandman
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005, 09:28:41 AM »

here's a list.....

Max Baucus (Mont.)
Evan Bayh (Ind.)
Joe Biden (Del.)
John Breaux (La.)
Maria Cantwell (Wash.)
Jean Carnahan (Mo.)
Tom Carper (Del.)
Max Cleland (Ga.)
Hillary Clinton (N.Y.)
Tom Daschle (S.D.)
Christopher Dodd (Conn.)
Byron Dorgan (N.D.)
John Edwards (N.C.)
Tom Harkin (Iowa)
Fritz Hollings (S.C.)
Tim Johnson (S.D.)
John Kerry (Mass.)
Herb Kohl (Wis.)
Mary Landrieu (La.)
Joe Lieberman (Conn.)
Blanche Lincoln (Ark.)
Zell Miller (Ga.)
Ben Nelson (Neb.)
Bill Nelson (Fla.)
Harry Reid (Nev.)
John Rockefeller (W.Va.)
Charles Schumer (N.Y.)
Bob Torricelli (N.J.)

What stands out about that is the "if necessary" portion.? They voted to give the president use of force if necessary.? How many of these senators would change their vote?? Several prominent republicans would've definitely changed their votes; including a certain Carolina republican who changed French Fries to Freedom Fries.

so you're falling for the dems BS that they didn't actually vote for the war. come on, you're smarter than that.

i mean really think about the whole situation and put yourself in their shoes at that time....

1. bush is your president.
2. we're trying to get saddam to disarm.
3. even bill clinton had bombed iraq.
4. saddam had disobeyed 10+ UN resolutions already.
5. bush asked for the vote.

why the hell would bush ask for the vote if military action was not a very real possibility? ?Roll Eyes

they knew by voting yes, that military action was likely. they also knew they were putting the full decision of when it was "necessary" into bush's hands. i was surprised it took bush 6 more months to start it, cause the plans were already in place.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2005, 12:48:30 PM »

King of the Hill syndrome:

Is it because a small band of humans portraying our government will not admit being wrong?

Are the stakes too high to make such an admission?

Yes.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: