Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:43:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  have the fans contributed to all the delays and no news?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: have the fans contributed to all the delays and no news?  (Read 8858 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2005, 10:01:40 PM »

Someone needs to hire a plane with a sign that reads RELEASE CD!!! and circle it over Axl's mansion. Otherwise fans will have no real affect on Axl.? Expressing love for Axl hasnt worked, because this board sent him a bunch of easy questions.

This post made me laugh my ass off.  Just picture that!  How hilarious would that be?  The pilot would be one of us wacked-out fans just muttering obscenities as we're putting on our flight helmet...turning up the volume on IRS, put that bad-boy on repeat on the CD player, and go for a low fly-over repeatedly over Axl's mansion...hilarious.

As for Jameslofton29, I've got to hand it to you, you're the most energetic poster I've seen in a long time.   You've even got some folks even considering the wacky boycott idea.  If record companies offering millions of dollars can't convince W. Axl to release this thing, you really think we have a chance?  That's insanity!   rofl  I swear to god, if Axl doesn't check this site out (which I'd bet he doesn't) the rest of the new band HAS to have at least taken a peak...even if it's to get a laugh at some of these posts.  I'm sure the comedy in all of this isn't lost on them!   hihi

-Axl4prez2004

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2005, 10:16:02 PM »

Axl4Prez, the boycott idea is pretty damn good. You say if record companies giving him millions doesnt help, how could we? Here's how. A boycott is a chain reaction of lost money. It would effect, Axl, Geffen/Interscope, Sanctuary, cd distributors, record stores,tshirt distributors, movie companies that use GNR songs,radio stations,magazines, sporting events, book publishers,etc. Combined, they would lose more money in one year than has been spent on this project. If every single GNR fan participated in this boycott, CD would be released within a few months.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2005, 10:20:33 PM »

Axl4Prez, the boycott idea is pretty damn good. You say if record companies giving him millions doesnt help, how could we? Here's how. A boycott is a chain reaction of lost money. It would effect, Axl, Geffen/Interscope, Sanctuary, cd distributors, record stores,tshirt distributors, movie companies that use GNR songs,radio stations,magazines, sporting events, book publishers,etc. Combined, they would lose more money in one year than has been spent on this project. If every single GNR fan participated in this boycott, CD would be released within a few months.

i can tell your hearts in the right place James, but it's kind of a lose/lose situation for the fans there I think
cutting off your nose to spite your face  hihi

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2005, 10:27:26 PM »

Jimmy, you're wrong. Doing what I just mentioned is real 'pressure'. A bunch of companies losing truckloads of money over one single thing will make them find a solution to their problem: the release of CD. Corporations wont just sit back and watch their profits fall because Axl gets off on 'finishing touches'.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2005, 10:35:43 PM »

Jimmy, you're wrong. Doing what I just mentioned is real 'pressure'. A bunch of companies losing truckloads of money over one single thing will make them find a solution to their problem: the release of CD. Corporations wont just sit back and watch their profits fall because Axl gets off on 'finishing touches'.

Wasn't there a small-scale boycott of Greatest Hits?  It just went double-platinum.  What would we be boycotting exactly?  Posting at a fan-site?  Like I said, I love your energy, but if you don't think Axl's been pressured with the threats of lost money already, you're fooling yourself. 

-Axl4prez  peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 10:36:11 PM »

I'm all for affirmative action James, i just don't see enough people getting on board for any kind of boycott to have any real impact or exert enough pressure for them to force CD out. Let's be realistic here

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 10:40:52 PM »

Yeah, I know it wouldnt work. Too many people in his fanbase are the 'Axl is God' type, so we could never pull it off. It would have to include everybody being involved, or it wouldn't work. And Axl4Prez, I'm not talking about a mini-boycott of the hits CD. The one I described would have a much more serious impact.

jimmythegent
Legend

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 10:51:16 PM »

Yeah, I know it wouldnt work. Too many people in his fanbase are the 'Axl is God' type, so we could never pull it off. It would have to include everybody being involved, or it wouldn't work. And Axl4Prez, I'm not talking about a mini-boycott of the hits CD. The one I described would have a much more serious impact.

yeah, I dont know if outside of these forums theres that many diehard Axl fans - he's got a bit of a cult following though

I think the average real diehard Gunner fan out there is resoundingly a fan of 87-93 era.
Then youve got diehards (like myself and others here) who love Axl and 87-93 era, who are curious as to what Axl is going to produce and also very excited, but still a little uncomforatble with Axl using the name etc..
And then theres the other fans you speak of - blind Axl zealots, who think he can do/did no wrong and dont give 87-93 era band any credit

i believe the latter are a minority (this may change with CD, who knows) there are quite a few like myself, but the majority are in the first camp I mentioned

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2005, 06:50:02 AM »

The idea of an Internet boycott has already been suggested, and it's just not gonna happen. Even if all the members of all the message boards agreed to boycott GN'R products (I personnally wouldn't, because I think it's a stupid and useless idea), it wouldn't have much of an impact on sales. Thoses sales are not made from our little virtual community, but from the average joes of the world. How are you going to convince those people? It's a plan that's bound to fail.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Dignan
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2005, 10:46:47 AM »

I would suggest shutting down this, and other message boards, just as a test to see what would happen over the next 3-6 months. Would be interesting, especially if the Guns camp is utilizing these message boards to "test" ideas, rumours, etc.

/Dignan.
August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2005, 11:57:54 AM »

the idea of boycotting axl via the internet makes me laugh. the impact will be zero to none.
axl will deliver when he's ready to deliver, and that's that. not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2005, 06:10:53 PM »

Pandora, you make a good point. Alot of the albums sold are from new fans. But you have to admit that its a brilliant idea. I think it would have impact. With no forums, the GNR camp would just have to guess what his fan base is feeling. The boycott would work. Believe me, if NBA arenas started to have a couple hundred empty seats each night because a GNR boycott was going on, people would take notice. Same thing with new movies. If a popular movie that also had a GNR song was expected to be #1 its opening week, but ended up at #3, people would take notice. Also, dont buy ANY albums that are released by Geffen/Interscope. Its time we join together and take a stand.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2005, 07:55:08 PM »

Also, dont buy ANY albums that are released by Geffen/Interscope. Its time we join together and take a stand.

I think it's the most inane thing I've read here in a while. What does the record company have to do with that? GN'R not releasing an album won't stop me from buying any record I damn please, whether the band is on Interscope or Planet Mars Records.
And once again, how are you going to convince the average joes of the world? Any form of boycott is absolutely useless and would only serve to show how powerless we are.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2005, 08:02:17 PM »

Pandora, you make a good point. Alot of the albums sold are from new fans. But you have to admit that its a brilliant idea. I think it would have impact. With no forums, the GNR camp would just have to guess what his fan base is feeling.

This is quite a strong point.  It's very true, the only way Merck, Axl, the band and Geffen know what the fans are feeling are because of the forums.  I wonder what would happen if there was complete silence on our end.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

What does the record company have to do with it?? They are the main reason for the delays. They have provided no real pressure whatsoever. All the 'average joes' dont have to be involved in the boycott. Sure, it would have greater impact with them, but it could still be pulled off. Its just that no one ever tries it, so how can we know what effect it will have if it hasn't been done yet?

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2005, 08:14:03 PM »

DTJ, if there was complete silence, it would send the GNR camp into 'desperation mode':" Where are they? Why aren't they talking about me anymore? Do they still care? I better release this album before I run out of fans and money! Damn, I hope they still wanna buy it!" This is what needs to be injected into this situation. 12 years of fans sitting there like robots hasnt worked. We gotta try a new approach.

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2005, 08:20:48 PM »

What does the record company have to do with it?? They are the main reason for the delays. They have provided no real pressure whatsoever.

That's if you assume that putting pressure would work. I said it before and I'll say it again : I don't think Axl is someone who would bow under pressure. That kind of tension would only make matters worse. The only way through which they might be able to release it is the legal way, and we don't even know if it's possible since we have no idea how Axl's contract is worded.
I personnally don't blame the record company for the delays in any way, shape or form. I'm actually quite admirative that they didn't put more pressure on Axl in this day and age when artists must be as productive and commercial as possible.

As far as shutting down message boards, it has been suggested several times over the years. Jarmo is not taking part in it. And he's damn right IMO.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2005, 08:24:39 PM »

DTJ, if there was complete silence, it would send the GNR camp into 'desperation mode':" Where are they? Why aren't they talking about me anymore? Do they still care? I better release this album before I run out of fans and money! Damn, I hope they still wanna buy it!" This is what needs to be injected into this situation. 12 years of fans sitting there like robots hasnt worked. We gotta try a new approach.

I have to say, you have really something there, you really do..  That is probably what would happen but you know the reality of the situation.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2005, 08:28:19 PM »

Yeah, DTJ, the reality is that there isn't enough people willing to protest the situation. So the unrealistic wait shall continue..

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2005, 08:35:54 PM »

Pandora, you make a good point. Alot of the albums sold are from new fans. But you have to admit that its a brilliant idea. I think it would have impact. With no forums, the GNR camp would just have to guess what his fan base is feeling. The boycott would work. Believe me, if NBA arenas started to have a couple hundred empty seats each night because a GNR boycott was going on, people would take notice. Same thing with new movies. If a popular movie that also had a GNR song was expected to be #1 its opening week, but ended up at #3, people would take notice. Also, dont buy ANY albums that are released by Geffen/Interscope. Its time we join together and take a stand.

this is ridicilous. if anything, people will start really wondering about what the hell is wrong with axl when his fans are so desperate for news that they boycott everything that has to do with him. some fans...

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: