Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:12:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  have the fans contributed to all the delays and no news?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: have the fans contributed to all the delays and no news?  (Read 8868 times)
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: July 07, 2005, 11:25:51 AM »

has anyone ever considered the posibility that axl might look to see what his fanbase thinks?  because if i was axl and came in here,i'd be pissed with all the nagativity that comes from his supposed diehards.  maybe it was ready,  maybe he was ready and got all pissed because of the little bit of positives doesn't outweigh the negatives.  i mean someone's always bitchin bout the sound, the direction, the members, the delays, the tour, and the list goes on and on.  did he finally just say fuck it, maybe when they're ready to move on i will be.  no news,  no updates  maybe it'll be another 7 years before he thinks we'll be ready again?  the question is, have some of us contributed to our own demise?HuhHuh?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:36:58 AM »

no i don't think so

I think anyone can see that the negativity on here is directed mainly at frustrations about no new album

besides with all the traffic this site (and other GnR sites) see, and the sales of GH, I would consider it encouraging. It show there is still lots of interest in GnR
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 11:40:33 AM by Neemo » Logged

August 18th
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 12:11:51 PM »

don't think so but i wouldn't blame him. the last thing he needs is his own fans turning on him. makes me sick to watch.

"funny how everything was roses when he held on to the guns"

"sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 01:06:56 PM »

I don't think we contribute to any of that.  It's plain to see that fans are frustrated.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 02:03:35 PM »

Why would he give a shit?  He didn't seem to care when he broke up the original band.  I think that Axl knows that you can't make everybody happy.  The blame falls ultimately onto Axl for the turmoil, delays, cancellations, no information, mebers quitting, etc.
cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 02:55:04 PM »

i feel like most of you too.  but it's just an insight into axl's fucked up mind.  he truly has some serious issues.  famous last words---------round one!!!!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 03:53:22 PM »

I hope not!
but who knows, maybe Axl is afraid to put out the album, and maybe we're the reason for it!

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 04:33:18 PM »

Haha, I posted something to that effect in the Ny times article thread.

I don't realistically believe so. I hope none of the GN'R members read all those nasty bashings from the"fans".

Just if I were him I would definitely hesitate to throw the apple of my eye to a bunch of morons oops I mean the people without understanding. 
Music is a language and when it doesn't make sense for the listeners, it sucks. It's like wanking in public. It will pisse off the musicians who put their all heart and soul (and a good quarter of their live) into it, even if it sells well.

Then again, No, it don't really matter!
When it would take a lot more time than you've got for masturbation but all I got is precious time, why should I wait?
If I were him I would release it just for the advanced few of the fans and for the potential fans of the world and never mind the bollocks!  ok

Good news is that, cbeier78, he's not you or me. Cheesy
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2005, 05:34:31 PM »

Why would he give a shit?? He didn't seem to care when he broke up the original band.? I think that Axl knows that you can't make everybody happy.? The blame falls ultimately onto Axl for the turmoil, delays, cancellations, no information, mebers quitting, etc.

gilld1, do some research.  Ignorant statements like that probably don't deserve a response...so I won't give you one.  There were several reasons for the break-up, and several responsible parties.

Back to possible fan contribution to the delay and no news...it's like saying a woman is to blame for getting her ass kicked by an abusive boyfriend.  It definitely aint our fault...and it may not be Axl's either...hopefully we learn more when/if CD appears.

-Axl4prez2004   

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 06:37:42 PM »

Actually, I think the opposite is true. I think the hardcore GNR fanbase could actually SPEED UP the release, but it would take major willpower on our part. I think if everybody at all the GNR forums stopped posting, for a long period of time, it would quicken the albums release. Axl and Geffen/Interscope/Sanctuary would see that frustrations are getting out of control, and he could possibly lose his main fanbase that's guaranteed to buy CD the first day of release. Geffen,Interscope, and Sanctuary might be able to come up with some sort of an agreement with Axl to release CD while there's still a fanbase to buy it. Of course, this scenario would only work if every single person stopped coming to the forums, basically, an almost impossible task. I think the only way it could be puled off is if Jarmo and the people who own the other forums were to shut them all down.   

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 07:07:36 PM »

jameslofton,
  I've thought the same thing before...but then I came to the conclusion I was being a bit wacky and unrealistic.  1st off, it can't happen.  Sure Jarmo and whatever the other sites are shut down, but new ones would open up to take over. 
  2nd, sometimes I think we oversestimate our importance.  This is part of the reason I admire Axl.  The finished product has nothing to do with pleasing anyone but himself and the band.  Sure, it's frustrating as hell, because we don't even get updated on progress, etc...but some people like to operate in seclusion.  My brother is very much like this. 
  Let's try not to act like, "little people on a power trip."   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 07:10:17 PM »

Mostly on this site there is not very much "bashing" on the sound or the band or especially Axl. People are frustrated about the lack of well...anything. Thats not to say there are not ?pricks that just bash everything that Guns does and say the new songs suck. Relatively I just don't notice much bashing and ?more support

They just thought Id know better. Better.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 07:57:48 PM »

Prez, thanks for having mercy on me and not giving me some long winded bullshit tirade about all the reasons the band broke up and blah, blah, blah.  You said it yourself, Axl does what Axl wants.  Axl wanted to change the band after UYI and the decisions he made alienated the others hence, they broke up.  It's now Axl's band and the rsponsiblity, like it or not, is soley his, Slash and Izzy aren't there anymore to pick up the slack.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »

To be honest, I don't think the fans matter much at all with anything that has to do with this situation.   Axl does whatever he wants no matter what and that is his right.  To be fans of the new GNR you get used that pretty quick.  Bascially we have nothing since the tour and if you didn't see them on tour, you really have nothing.   The only thing the forums prove is that there are a significant amount of people still interested in this band and maybe that is taken for granted, maybe James has a point.  As impossible as it would be to do, maybe Axl thinks, they have been with there this long and they will be there however long.

check it out!!
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 08:24:27 PM »

Someone needs to hire a plane with a sign that reads RELEASE CD!!! and circle it over Axl's mansion. Otherwise fans will have no real affect on Axl.  Expressing love for Axl hasnt worked, because this board sent him a bunch of easy questions.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 08:37:54 PM »

DTJ, exactly! Axl completely takes his fan base for granted. You're right. He thinks,'Well, they've sat on their ass for 12 years, whats another 12 gonna hurt?" Its pathetic. Its time for us hardcore fans to make some sort of impact in regards to this unrealistic wait. Whether its shutting the forums down, or something even more imaginative. We need to put our heads together and think of something. People, dont forget this fact: We have more power than you think. Without us, Axl is nothing. We continue filling his pockets full of money. We have power in this situation, we just haven't figured out how to use it yet.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 08:53:16 PM »

DTJ, exactly! Axl completely takes his fan base for granted. You're right. He thinks,'Well, they've sat on their ass for 12 years, whats another 12 gonna hurt?" Its pathetic. Its time for us hardcore fans to make some sort of impact in regards to this unrealistic wait. Whether its shutting the forums down, or something even more imaginative. We need to put our heads together and think of something. People, dont forget this fact: We have more power than you think. Without us, Axl is nothing. We continue filling his pockets full of money. We have power in this situation, we just haven't figured out how to use it yet.

As much as I may agree with this, what could we possibly do?  Most people are going read these last couple of posts and have a field day with what we are saying.   There is nothing to boycott, forums aren't going to shut down, we can't threaten not to buy the album when it does come out cause damn it it's been so long I have to get that in my hands Grin and petitions don't do squat [never a big petition person anyway].   All we can do sadly is sit and wait or just give up and with so much time invested it's kinda hard to walk away with out closure of some sort.  Like an announcment that Axl has given up and will not finish this project or something to that effect.

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005, 09:08:09 PM »

DTJ, it is hard to think of something that would work, besides a forum shutdown. Maybe a MASS protest outside his house? It would get CD in the mainstream news. I also think a boycott on buying official GNR products is definitely needed, it would hurt where it counts, his pockets. I have actually been doing this for along time. Whenever I buy Axl shirts, they are not official products. And whenever you get a GNR album, get a bootleg of it. You're right, petitions dont work. Another protest could be done outside Interscope headquarters. If we tried to pull this off, it would have to be highly organized. I cant think of much else we could try to do, maybe someone else can think of something. And before people start flaming me about discussing boycotting this site, it is not to disrespect any of the posters, the mods, or Jarmo. Obviously, Jarmo would have to be involved for that scenario to work.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005, 09:16:42 PM »

Never thought of a Street Team so to speak to boycott GNR products Undecided  I don't know James, I don't think too many will want to be apart of it.  It's very, very extreme but in some strange way, it could work. 

check it out!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005, 09:32:52 PM »

You're right. Not many people would have the balls to do it, but I know it would work. Because if no one buys the products, its not just Axl that loses money, its alot of other companies that lose money. Only then, Axl would finally understand the meaning of the word 'pressure'. Another thing to boycott is movies with GNR songs in them. I still havent seen 'Big Daddy', 'Cant Hardly Wait', and whatever newer movies have the old songs. I'm not falling for the scam anymore. Axl says he wants to 'bury' AFD. Thats a joke! If he wanted to 'bury' it, you wouldnt hear 'Jungle' everywhere you go. You cant even watch a sporting event without hearing the song every few minutes. He doesnt want to bury it, he wants to wallow in it.

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: