Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  are u superstitious?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: are u superstitious?  (Read 11947 times)
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 05:15:28 PM »

I think all posts should be move to the supernatural experiences thread, so Izzy doesn't get upset hihi
But that's just my humble opinion

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 05:22:58 PM »

Careful now - we won't have any rational answers in this thread, go re-write that but include the words 'scary', 'spirit', 'when i was 8' and 'prove its not so' - then u will have a truly mindless post that won't seem out of place

i apologise master izzy, i am but a padawan, the force is strong with you...but not on friday 13th  Grin

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 05:51:47 PM »

Im somewhat superstitious, If i have 13 dollars Ill buy a water or a coke or something so Ill have 12.

If i finish a football video game and my player has 666 yards Ill play another game and wont leave his stats on that no matter how tired I am.

Me and my GF were workin on a song that deals with sins and religion and while I was playing guitar and singing it the fuckin bed broke.

I cant get her to help me write it as she took that as a sign cause the next day I also lost my car keys.

strange shit

whats some superstitions u have?

I'm probably the exact opposite on a lot of those you mentioned... I consider 13 to be my favorite number (you may have noticed that with my email addy) ... just a quick FYI on the #13... christians decided to make 13 an 'unlucky' number because 13 is the ideal number of witches in a pagan coven, and at the time, paganism and witchcraft was a stronger religion than the newly blossomed christianity, and whatever they could not adapt to their religion (ie:  steal, like they stole christmas and easter and turned them in to their own religious holidays) they attempted to stamp out by making it 'evil'.

I also don't consider 666 to be bad or a "number of the beast" (as I don't believe in this beast).  If I wasn't so intolerant of pain, I'd probably have 666 tattooed on my forehead just to piss off the religious nutballs.

The only thing I'm kinda weird about is opening an umbrella indoors.  I don't know why, I just don't.  And I'm really unhappy when one of my kids do so. 
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 05:54:39 PM »

... just a quick FYI on the #13... christians decided to make 13 an 'unlucky' number because 13 is the ideal number of witches in a pagan coven,

ummm who decided that 13 was the ideal number in a witches coven?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 06:54:56 PM »

IQ:  I have no idea who decided that was the magical number.  The covens I've been a part of have varied in size... from as few as 3 members to as many as 24.  However, throughout my experiences, 13 has been the coveted number.   Why?  I don't know.  Since I haven't practiced paganism for many years now... I wouldn't even know which direction to send you off in search of the answer.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

So what are the other thread that I'm missing cause I haven't seen anyone yet that talks about superstions? Huh

Check my post above - i found 4 others in 30 secs of searching. If u find more, post them - lets see how many we can get!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=20914.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=21157.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=16266.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=19293.0

Sorry "Mr. wannabe-moderator", but I don't think zodiac signs, ghosts and being superstitious are the same thing.

Being afraid of the number 13 doesn't exactly have to include a discussion about your zodiac sign and whether or not you believe in that stuff.

So, stick to the topic and if you want to whine, do it in the right section instead of making threads in the off topic section go way off topic.

On topic: Can't say I am..... At least not that I know of. I see Friday the 13th as a regular day etc.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 07:11:36 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 08:27:22 PM »

No I'm not superstitious.I don't believe in any of it .

You didnt hit a homer run cause you still were the same socks that you were the last time you hit one .you just hit the fucking ball really hard and well.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 09:33:18 PM »

I'm not superstitious but one time I was playing poker with a deck of tarot cards. I got a full house and everyone else I was playing with died on the spot. So I dont do that anymore.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2005, 09:54:41 PM »

Izzy  I like u dude, u know I do, we are cool and all but seriously u need to chill the fuck out man, go get laid or drunk or something.

I searched for the word superstitious and there was no particular thread that I found with the heading like this.

magic isnt superstition
astrology isnt superstition

So instead of hijacking a thread that clearly only u have a problem with, why dont u just put down the mouse,dont click on it and realize its just a message board, nothing more or nothing less.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:57:14 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2005, 11:30:28 PM »

Izzy I like u dude, u know I do, we are cool and all but seriously u need to chill the fuck out man, go get laid or drunk or something.

I searched for the word superstitious and there was no particular thread that I found with the heading like this.

magic isnt superstition

So instead of hijacking a thread that clearly only u have a problem with, why dont u just put down the mouse,dont click on it and realize its just a message board, nothing more or nothing less.

Wow, D... that's a great post. 

Just for that, you're excused from a bon jovi bashing for a 24 hour period, starting now. 

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2005, 03:40:37 AM »

IQ:? I have no idea who decided that was the magical number.? The covens I've been a part of have varied in size... from as few as 3 members to as many as 24.? However, throughout my experiences, 13 has been the coveted number.? ?Why?? I don't know.? Since I haven't practiced paganism for many years now... I wouldn't even know which direction to send you off in search of the answer.

Paganism ? when and why did you begin practising ? Not that I'm intersted in become Pagan but it puzzles me a little ...  Grin

The force ... the force ...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2005, 04:06:12 AM »

Paganism ? when and why did you begin practising ? Not that I'm intersted in become Pagan but it puzzles me a little ... Grin

This really isn't the thread for this vein of discussion to continue, as paganism isn't a superstition.  I just mentioned paganism in connection with the number 13.

If you truly wish to know more, you should either open a new thread or you can fell free to send me a PM.

ok

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2005, 04:26:24 AM »

If I brag about something I always knock on wood, like if i say "i havent been sick in 3 years, I knock on wood afterwards so i dont jinx it.
'
doesnt make u crazy or mad just little nuiassances u practice out of habit.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2005, 05:42:48 AM »

Which ones of you believe that you can jinx your favorite sports team?

Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2005, 05:45:51 AM »

I don't think zodiac signs, ghosts and being superstitious are the same thing.

Superstition
An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.
A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.
A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.

By defintion they are all superstitions and different facets of the same thing

As for wanting to be a moderator - i'm not lazy enough to be one

magic isnt superstition

Read again

An irrational belief that an object, action, or circumstance not logically related to a course of events influences its outcome.
A belief, practice, or rite irrationally maintained by ignorance of the laws of nature or by faith in magic or chance.
A fearful or abject state of mind resulting from such ignorance or irrationality.

That's the definition - thats what superstition is and thus ghosts, the whole works can all be lumped together.

If u disagree with the dictionary definition - then er....cool, i guess

I'm not superstitious but one time I was playing poker with a deck of tarot cards. I got a full house and everyone else I was playing with died on the spot. So I dont do that anymore.
Genuis hihi
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 05:51:16 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Kujo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2005, 02:26:53 PM »

Which ones of you believe that you can jinx your favorite sports team?

Grin

/jarmo

I used to think that, but then I heard an interview with one of the players and he said that God wants him to win, so I guess my team is good to go.  Roll Eyes

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2005, 03:10:54 PM »

superstition thread deals with every superstition, astrology is a superstition to some, a science to others

so yeah some forms of superstition have been discussed but only small branches that are somewhat related to superstition.

It would be like having one huge war thread to talk about every single war. Same category but totally different subject matters.

my superstitions in this thread have nothing to do with astrology or magic so therefore its a new and relevant topic.

Plus u couldnt name 5 posters on this board who have started more quality threads than I have.

So jump on the newbie posters and those people all u want, but when it comes to me, u just have no right criticizing or talkin shit to me like u do the new people and I really resent u tryin to drag me down to that level. that shit aint cool bro.

now to Jarmo's question, I believe I jinx my teams all the time.

I havent had a fav team win a championship since 96 *dallas cowboys* and none of my fav NBA teams have ever won.

they get close but just never over the hump.

The Atlanta Braves have won 14 straight division titles but only 1 world series.

I believe if i talk to someone while watching a game about the game I jinx my team.

weird shit.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:13:50 PM by D » Logged

Kujo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 03:54:32 PM »

Plus u couldnt name 5 posters on this board who have started more quality threads than I have.

I can! Here is my list of people that have started more quality threads than D? ? ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=mlist

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 04:02:52 PM »

do you know the song called "supersticious"? it's a VERY famous kick ass funck-disco-Rock song with an amazing bass line.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 05:02:56 PM »

I always have believe that 13 is a bad luck number cause there were 13 people on the last super, so I think I was mistaken  Roll Eyes
Anyway I always in the morning wake up and always stand up by my right. never by left, not ever because I think it's bad luck  ok
As for Jarmo's question for me I think everytime I watch my team playing I give them bad luck thats why I don't watch their games  peace

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: