Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:01:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 739 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrestling...thats right, Wrestling!  (Read 760839 times)
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #6720 on: July 26, 2006, 11:48:03 PM »

Yeah, well, he's one of about 10 guys they got left.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6721 on: July 27, 2006, 06:10:52 AM »

Yeah, well, he's one of about 10 guys they got left.
They've got more than that, plus they're better off callin' people up from OVW...
Evolution
« Reply #6722 on: July 27, 2006, 09:27:35 AM »

I reckon we should start drafting for WWE Game IV soon.
Axl4Life
VIP

It's an Irish thing...the Guinness that is...

« Reply #6723 on: July 27, 2006, 01:44:40 PM »

A word of advice for the Blue show - SMACKDOWN - YOU NEED ANGLE!! Grin

"For an organisation which is crying out for new headliners (and the experienced, talented and over Matt Hardy is as qualified as anyone else in the mid card zone for a promotion)" - Fin Martin
Evolution
« Reply #6724 on: July 27, 2006, 06:52:01 PM »

Smackdown needs Cade and Murdoch Bah Gawd!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #6725 on: July 28, 2006, 12:35:32 AM »

Carlito will be a big name next year. They should do a Survivor Series 1998 Rocky style thing. Do the whole thing with fans itching to cheer him against an over face.

Yeah I agree. Rock and Carlito are similar but the main difference between Rock and Carlito is that Carlito is actually very talented in the ring and knows how to wrestle.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Evolution
« Reply #6726 on: July 28, 2006, 04:26:26 AM »

How over is Rhino in TNA? He would have been mad to resign with WWE at this point.
mullan
« Reply #6727 on: July 28, 2006, 08:26:27 AM »

Carlito will be a big name next year. They should do a Survivor Series 1998 Rocky style thing. Do the whole thing with fans itching to cheer him against an over face.

Yeah I agree. Rock and Carlito are similar but the main difference between Rock and Carlito is that Carlito is actually very talented in the ring and knows how to wrestle.

are you talking about the rock??

Because the Rock is the most pure, gifted charismatic athlete the wwf/e has ever seen,? he was also never injured in wwe and never injured any of his opponents, and you're comparing him to a carribean afro punk who is still practically a rookie?
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6728 on: July 28, 2006, 08:39:58 AM »

Yeah? And? So? What?

Next year, when Carlito is main eventing, we'll see how iconic the backcracker is.

I agree he should be main eventing on smackdown. But the move isn't great compared to moves that are out there. I mean its just a extreme backbreaker. The move used to be used as a regular move by Jerry Lynn and other ECW guys.

Edge had the same problem for ages with the Inverted DDT before he started using the spear.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #6729 on: July 28, 2006, 08:54:27 AM »

How over is Rhino in TNA? He would have been mad to resign with WWE at this point.

Yeah and his promos are fucking awesome. Every word he says is true. TNA has used the shambles that is the new ECW to their advantage and used it to get Rhino over.

Loved his promo when he said about him, shane douglas and the Dudleys and that ECW can't really exsist without them. And then went on to talk about how he's still the champion of ECW. Awesome

Vince must be kicking himself about letting Rhino, Dudleys and Christian go. . . imagine just how good this ECW thing could be with them in it.

are you talking about the rock??

Because the Rock is the most pure, gifted charismatic athlete the wwf/e has ever seen,? he was also never injured in wwe and never injured any of his opponents, and you're comparing him to a carribean afro punk who is still practically a rookie?

The Rock was a true superstar. He had enough moves not to be boring and aside from the disgraceful Sharpshooter he used was one of the best superstars ever on mic and in the ring.

Carlito reminds me a bit of the rock when he first started and definatly has the charisma and mic skills to rival anyone in the WWE at the moment.

Unfortunatly he does not have the excitiment factor that the rock had in the ring yet or the quality of Finisher.

They need to put him over in better feuds. A Carlito vs Rey Mystrerio has potential but i'd love to see A Carlito vs HBK feud that runs for a while. I think the egos would just be a really cool mix. Wouldn't mind seeing a Extended Shelton Benjamin vs Carlito feud either putting both over at the same time

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:15:10 AM by Gnrfan » Logged

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Evolution
« Reply #6730 on: July 28, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »

Carlito reminds me of a combination of Razor Ramon and The Rock. He has the moveset in place but adds a laid back flavour to the character. I think the first time I really noticed him putting in the effort to improve was New Year's Revolution this year. Once he got let out of his chamber he busted out all these new moves and gotten offense in on all the participants. It was great to see and because of the reaction Cena was getting at the time, the crowd ate it up.

Changing topic, as much as I think TNA should tone down mentioning WWE in a negative way, it's pretty exciting sometimes. Reminds me a little of the Monday Night Wars. Hopefully with iMPACT possibly extending to a two hour show we will get the same kind of competition again one day. If it did happen it would no doubt be like 5 years away but it would rule. Vince McMahon only pulls out his best work when he has competitors. The one of the reasons for the overall decline of the product has been that he is in a comfort zone, one lousy Raw is not going to make him lose much in the ratings because fans have nowhere else to go for their live wrestling fix on Mondays. Think about how cool it would be to have Samoa Joe Vs Christian Cage for the NWA World Heavyweight Title on one channel against Edge Vs Carlito over on the other for the WWE Title. We the fans get the most out of that kind of situation.

Another thing I think TNA should look into is the promotion of their name outside of the States and Canada. With Ring Of Honor doing two house shows in the UK this autumn which will no doubt be very successful, why can't TNA do the same? They could easily use Powerslam Magazine to fill up a venue over here for some kind of special one-off taping. Casual fans need to be introduced to TNA's stars like the hardcore fans have. Guys like Jay Lethal and Chris Sabin are the kind of folk that kids could get into no problem.

One last point: How hilarious are Kevin Nash and Alex Shelley together? I thought the whole idea of Nash trying to "take over" the X Division sounded a bit dodgy but so far it's provided a base for Big Kev to display his comedic talents and further the Alex Shelley character as a smart-mouthed Chris Jericho style guy. Chris Sabin hasn't been damaged in the slightest in the feud, rather has been enhanced IMO. I can't wait to see the Nash Vs Madasgacar Wrestlers match on iMPACT  ok
Evolution
« Reply #6731 on: July 28, 2006, 01:48:39 PM »

Btw, how 'bout some more people getting signed up for WWE Game 4?  Cheesy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6732 on: July 28, 2006, 01:57:05 PM »

Not often i say this but there are some things i like in TNA at the mo.

Senshi rules!  I look forward to him one day having a feud with Samoa Joe, talk about stiff shots. Nash & Paparazzi Productions are great to, i've found the stuff quite amusing.

Raven needs firing, he's a bloated mess.

I like what they've done with The Naturals, great team and Shane Douglas is doing a great job getting them over.

What annoys me is them not using Lance Hoyt who is easily one of the best big men to come along in years, and why Matt Bentley is rarely used these days baffles me to, he's fantastic, i loved his matches with Sabin in early TNA.
Evolution
« Reply #6733 on: July 28, 2006, 02:04:06 PM »

Senshi probably has the sorest looking finisher in wrestling today. There is no way that that cannot hurt.

I heard Raven has been having thyroid problems, hence his weight gain and speaking of weight gain, Maverick Matt has a match on iMPACT this week. He and Kazarian hook up again for a match with the Naturals which ties in nicely to what you said about them and Douglas. The promo vids were pretty good, makes me care about them, I just found them ho-hum before.

I wonder were Hoyt has disappeared to. One thing TNA lacks is enough TV time. Some guys disappear for ages. iMPACT would be so good if we got like 6 matches a show along with storyline continuation for all PPV matches. Could be their downfall too though. The Nash/Sabin feud for example wouldn't been lasting over 3 pay per views if TNA had a two hour show.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6734 on: July 28, 2006, 02:08:44 PM »

I heard Hoyt's push was stopped cos he got too cocky, and now they're just keeping him off tv waiting for a storyline.  Being his size he'd thrive in WWE, and i mean how many guys his size can do Moonsaults off the top, he's way better then most big men around.....

...speaking of big men, i heard Monty Brown's contract only has a few months left and he could be joining WWE, he's another big man because of his size and talent he would actually have a chance of doing well with WWE.

Batista vs Monty Brown would draw if booked properly yes
Evolution
« Reply #6735 on: July 28, 2006, 02:14:05 PM »

I'd say so. I remember reading about how he was a sure shot for NWA Champion before I watched TNA and how they dropped the ball by having his first title shot on free TV or something. He would be a great addition to Smackdown. Lashley Mark II.

Some other news I found:

WWE.com announced Summerslam's main event to be Edge Vs John Cena for the WWE Title in a match that the title can change hands on a DQ.

The Big Show will defend his ECW Title against Batista on ECW this Tuesday.

The reason Chris Masters is off the road is due to using painkillers without a prescription.

Apparantely several WWE guys have failed for steroids and will be suspended.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6736 on: July 28, 2006, 02:15:48 PM »

Credit: PWTorch.com

The WWE website is reporting that the main event for this year's WWE SummerSlam on August 20 at the TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA will be John Cena challenging Edge for the WWE Championship. It states that the championship belt can change hands on a DQ. The announcement of John Cena facing Edge for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam is featured on both John Cena's WWE.com profile and Edge's WWE.com profile.

Just about to post that Evo, damn you!

Does that mean something big or just a random stipulation

That's a hatrick for Doull
Evolution
« Reply #6737 on: July 28, 2006, 02:28:24 PM »

Lol. I guess it just means they want to stress the match will have a decicive finish, but can't book a No Holds Barred match as they have plans for another one on the card.

Maybe Cena will win by DQ to give reason for Edge to have a rematch at Unforgiven.
Evolution
« Reply #6738 on: July 29, 2006, 04:56:19 AM »

Where are they going with Vito's push? Same for Sylvan. Totally pointless.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #6739 on: July 29, 2006, 04:59:12 AM »

Where are they going with Vito's push? Same for Sylvan. Totally pointless.
Exactly, and they job out the most over guy on the show....Matt Hardy Roll Eyes

And can't even find room, when the roster is sooooo depleted for Gregory Helms (Cruiserweight Champ) & Londrick (Tag Champs)
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 739 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: