Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:37:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Heavy-Metal: yes or no?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heavy-Metal: yes or no?  (Read 35208 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »

i like every kind of metal except for hardcore, nu metal (although i dont mind it every now and then), im not too keen on industrial. thrash and hair are my favourite ok

true, yeah fuck hardcore and nu shit!!

just wanna clear that ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2005, 01:49:27 AM »

Metal is Dead. There aint been a good Metal bands since Pantera split 2 or 3 years ago. All its is now is that fuckin emo hardcore rapcore metalcore shit. There is no fuckin aggression in metal no more, To all these pussies out there who think they're metal, Get in the Ring.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2005, 01:56:15 AM »

Metal is Dead. There aint been a good Metal bands since Pantera split 2 or 3 years ago. All its is now is that fuckin emo hardcore rapcore metalcore shit. There is no fuckin aggression in metal no more, To all these pussies out there who think they're metal, Get in the Ring.

peace

Just never say it's dead, its just resting!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
psycotron
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2005, 02:03:59 AM »

chinese democracy will be the resurrection!!!!!! ok
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2005, 07:04:49 AM »

peace

Bullshit. Bands don't have to be as big as Pantera to be good.

There are tons of good metal bands out there.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2005, 07:18:30 AM »

3 Inches of Blood to name an awesome metal band.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2005, 07:43:24 AM »

heavy metal is gr8. the lyrix r gd 2 like iron maiden. all their stuff is based mostly on fantasy and there song is almost a story of some sort. sometimes, the sotry parallels 2 reality such as flight of the icarus.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2005, 11:06:20 AM »

Bullshit. Bands don't have to be as big as Pantera to be good.

There are tons of good metal bands out there.

Agreed. Go listen to some Opeth or Devin Townsend, and then tell me metal is dead Wink

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2005, 02:43:21 PM »

There's no way CD will be a "metal" record. I don't think Axl worked 10 years to deliver a metal album. This is not what GN'R is about. This is not a metal band.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 02:45:18 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2005, 04:33:52 PM »

heavy metal is gr8. the lyrix r gd 2 like iron maiden. all their stuff is based mostly on fantasy and there song is almost a story of some sort. sometimes, the sotry parallels 2 reality such as flight of the icarus.

yea exactly, metal bands tend to waffle about destruction, nuclear war, death and lean towards heavy distortion and dissonance etc...not exactly guns n roses imo...if anyone thinks gnr are a metal band then name a gnr song which is a metal song...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2005, 04:48:40 PM »

yea exactly, metal bands tend to waffle about destruction, nuclear war, death and lean towards heavy distortion and dissonance etc...

and?  Not all metal bands do that. It's funny how you make it sound like your opnions are facts.

..not exactly guns n roses imo...if anyone thinks gnr are a metal band then name a gnr song which is a metal song...

Who cares if some people think G N' R are metal?

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2005, 05:03:21 PM »

Children Of Bodom make 3 Inches Of Blood look like shit.  They're one of the most talented bands I've ever heard.  Alexei Laiho is a sick guitarist, and that keyboard in there is so cool.  You can really hear the classical influence, which is also very cool.  I highly recomend Children Of Bodom, definitely one new metal band that kicks ass.  Unfortunately they're probably the only new metal band worth talking about.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2005, 05:52:12 PM »

do they hav a websyt Rob???

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »

im not into black metal and death metal because you cant understand anything the guys are saying but i think bands like:

Judas Priest
Ozzy Osbourne
Dio
Rainbow
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Metallica
Scorpions
Saxon
Megadeth
Pantera
Black Label Society
Queensryche

etc.

speak for themselves.

Guns N' Roses ain't metal. Their hard rock.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2005, 06:05:09 PM »

yea exactly, metal bands tend to waffle about destruction, nuclear war, death and lean towards heavy distortion and dissonance etc...not exactly guns n roses imo...if anyone thinks gnr are a metal band then name a gnr song which is a metal song...
I would consider Out Ta Get Me, Anything Goes, Rocket Quenn, Welcome to the Jungle, My Michelle and Nightrain as glam metal and It's so Easy as metal

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2005, 09:38:04 PM »

and then you have tonnes of metal sub typres:

Thrash
Death
Power
Black
Heavy
Emo

etc.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2005, 12:02:09 AM »

I would bet that the majority of people in this thread that leaped on nesquick would, if approached about rap music, say "That's garbage!  Its fucking trash!  You can't call that MUSIC!  Its just a bunch of rich children TALKING about Bling and Hoes!"

Funny when its metal you are all singing (or screaming) "You need to open your mind to more types of music!"...  I could be wrong... I don't think that I am.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2005, 02:51:52 AM »

The difference between metal and rap is that one takes a lot of talent and one doesn't.  Bands like Iron Maiden and Megadeth are extremely musically talented.  They are musicians that have worked extremely hard at becoming great.  Rappers use machines to creat their music, or they steal their music from other songs (often rock and metal songs).  Also the lyrics in metal are much more intelligent.  I'll take Iron Maiden's songs about historic battles over Nelly rapping about bitches and bling bling anyday.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2005, 04:10:17 AM »

The difference between metal and rap is that one takes a lot of talent and one doesn't. Bands like Iron Maiden and Megadeth are extremely musically talented. They are musicians that have worked extremely hard at becoming great. Rappers use machines to creat their music, or they steal their music from other songs (often rock and metal songs). Also the lyrics in metal are much more intelligent. I'll take Iron Maiden's songs about historic battles over Nelly rapping about bitches and bling bling anyday.

Wow.  Thank you for proving my point.

You obviously know fuck-all about rap music, and don't have any interest in opening an ear to it.  Just like nesquick has no interest in listening to metal in-depth.  Yet you guys are on his case for "not being open to all types of music", etc.

BTW, nice job of picking an artist at the top of the charts to represent all hip hop (Nelly)... You'd think a fan of rock music would appreciate the fact that sometimes the best artists aren't found in the top 40.  Just goes to show you how ignorant YOU are to different types of music.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2005, 06:37:37 AM »

i listen 2 all musik and trust me, rap is boring. u can make it fast or as funky as u want.

a good song 4 me is a song where u feel like playing an instrument along with it or u feel energy.

e.g. the blues. i like the guitar in it and feel like playing evrytym i listen 2 it or welcome 2 the jungle, i feel like drummin along 2 it.

rap duznt hav that feel.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: