Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:12:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Star Wars - Episode III (spoilers contained!)  (Read 50910 times)
badapple81
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 07:12:28 AM »

1) episode one is good if u just blink at the right points
Posted on: Today at 01:07:07 PM Posted by: Izzy
I think it's rather sad when i have to skip multiple scenes in a movie just to enjoy it.? the entire Jar jar binks and pod racing was totally gay.?

I will agree that Jar Jar Binks (spelling?) wasn't too crash hot in Episode One, although I couldn't stand Anakin's dialogue in Episode Two.. way too whiney.. I understand Lucas needed to convey the character that will eventually lead him to the dark side, but it could have been done a little better.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 08:29:39 AM »

1) episode one is good if u just blink at the right points
Posted on: Today at 01:07:07 PM Posted by: Izzy
I think it's rather sad when i have to skip multiple scenes in a movie just to enjoy it.? the entire Jar jar binks and pod racing was totally gay.?

I will agree that Jar Jar Binks (spelling?) wasn't too crash hot in Episode One, although I couldn't stand Anakin's dialogue in Episode Two.. way too whiney.. I understand Lucas needed to convey the character that will eventually lead him to the dark side, but it could have been done a little better.

Yeah, I agree totally. So many people say they prefer Episode 2 to Episode 1, but part 2 is so cringy with the dialogue.
I even tried to watch part 2 again (it was on tv sunday night) and I couldn't sit through it, it was that bad!

I can't wait to see Episode 3 though and I'm really hoping it doesn't suck like 1 & 2!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
slash4ever
Rocker

One In A Million

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 11:12:00 AM »

I thought number 1 was good. Cant w8 for number 3.!! ok

What's so civil about war anyway?
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 01:42:14 PM »

I think it must be EXTREMELY difficult for the scenarist to write for 6 EPISODES and be as thrilling, as exciting and as moving as the previous.

I know there are things that pissed me off and i thought " i wouldn"t have done it like this" or " i wouldn"t have had so and so in it" BUT i know too that these guys have been working on the 1st trilogy between 1976 and 1982 and then, had a 20 year pause in between.

They also aged, which isn't always a good thing when you come to think about the age appeal of the star wars trilogy.

I cannot wait to see Anakin become Darth Vador, seriously, and i know i'll just shut it because i know these men and women who worked on this for 25 long fucking years are EXTRAORDINARY.

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 02:55:25 PM »

It is supposed to be 9 parts but George Lucas isn't gonna make them, thats true?, thats BS?, if its true what is it about the other 3 ones??  Huh

No man can be my equal
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 03:03:24 PM »

It is supposed to be 9 parts but George Lucas isn't gonna make them, thats true?, thats BS?, if its true what is it about the other 3 ones??  Huh

That's true, but GL is not a young man anymore, he wouldn"t have time to make all 9, so he decided to stop at 6.

Nothing to say
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 03:35:12 PM »

Also, as he continued with the story, he said he realised the story was about Anakin not Luke. Therefor the story was done when Anakin dies in Return of the Jedi. (Hope that didnt spoil anything for anyone Roll Eyes)

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2005, 06:50:08 PM »

these men and women who worked on this for 25 long fucking years are EXTRAORDINARY.

No one has worked on this film for 25 years. Try not to exaggerate. Filming for Episode one began in late 1997. And while Lucas loves to claim he had ideas for more films, its to be noted Star Wars became 'Episode 4' several years AFTER its release. If Mr Lucas had any kind of plan he wouldn't have waited 20 years - he didn't direct any film during that a period.

While he says there will be no Episode 7,8,9 - i bet if anyone had bothered to ask him the sane question in 1983 he'd have said the same thing.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 07:51:12 AM »

these men and women who worked on this for 25 long fucking years are EXTRAORDINARY.

No one has worked on this film for 25 years. Try not to exaggerate. Filming for Episode one began in late 1997. And while Lucas loves to claim he had ideas for more films, its to be noted Star Wars became 'Episode 4' several years AFTER its release. If Mr Lucas had any kind of plan he wouldn't have waited 20 years - he didn't direct any film during that a period.

While he says there will be no Episode 7,8,9 - i bet if anyone had bothered to ask him the sane question in 1983 he'd have said the same thing.

Izzy, would you stop always taking me so first degree ?

Yes, i am passionate and " exagerate" when i am happy about something.
Stop being so controlled all the time, so serious, just let go !  beer

Nothing to say
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 06:06:51 PM »

If you all want episodes 7,8, and 9 read the books.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2005, 04:59:42 AM »

I was skeptical due to 500 geeks being in the same room with me cheering everytime yoda did something but this movie was truly amazing.

corny dialogue at times but overall it fucking rocked.

I love Anaken *SP* Skywalker's character, when he was on the screen it was one of the greatest movies ever

when it was someone else it kind of dropped off for me but his storyline is so intriguing and amazing.

now im gonna watch the 3 originals to remember what happens.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2005, 12:35:21 PM »

Are spoilers allowed in this thread now?

I think that the Emperor's physical "transformation" goes to show that Lucas really did have this story more or less planned out from the beginning considering he looked how he does in Ep. 6.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2005, 01:42:43 PM »

I figure we do spoilers after a few days, maybe after the weekend.

so much I wanna ask.

let me ask u this cause I dont remember and dont feel like renting all the originals for the answers.

Does Darth Vader ever kill Obi wan kanobi?

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2005, 02:03:44 PM »

Just as they are about to escape the Death Star in Episode IV Obi Wan and Lord Vader have a Light Saber Dual...... Obi Wan see's Luke and then just drops his guard......Vader then strikes him dead....... all that is left of Obi Wan is his robe.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2005, 03:00:55 PM »

I always thought that Obi wan just be came one with the force. and that Vader didn't kill him.

Episode 3 rocks .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2005, 04:05:25 PM »

Im just gonna rent the original three

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2005, 04:14:52 PM »

Just as they are about to escape the Death Star in Episode IV Obi Wan and Lord Vader have a Light Saber Dual...... Obi Wan see's Luke and then just drops his guard......Vader then strikes him dead....... all that is left of Obi Wan is his robe.

On purpose, mind.? ok

Luke doesn't distract him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well. Fuck. Wow.

Bollocks to any bad reviews. In short, Revenge of the Sith is fucking brilliant. Everything that you wanted to happen in that film, happens as good, and sometimes better, than you imagined it.

Sure, people will slate it. But it is their own bias that has cost them experiencing a truly great film.

Christensen, for me, is great in this film. Loads of people complained about him in Clones, mainly because he was a whiny bitch, and while he is in this film as well, he plays the role brilliantly.

Too much to talk about right now, I'll wait untill more people have seen it but...

Yeah!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 04:17:37 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2005, 04:29:07 PM »

I just saw it today and i thought it was great man.  It made me wish i was young enough to go and buy a replica sabre and fight my brothers and mates like we did when we were younger lol.

The cinema is the place to see it. I envy those who were around for the very first one.  It must have been amazing. However people feel about how it is pulled off Lucas has a great imagination when you look at the detail even down to the architecture and colouring, great man. 

It's a pity that he left it so late to do these though because it would be wicked to have a follow-on from Return of the Jedi.  Mark Hamill looks really old now.  I guess they could get people who look similar though. Anyway I left wanting more.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2005, 04:58:53 PM »

me and my friends still have light saber fights.  yes

I bet after the next Indiana Jones movie is done then Lucas will change his mind and go and do  episode 7, 8 and 9

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
pekstein
Headliner

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »

NO SPOILER IN THIS POST

i saw it at midnight on wednesday night (or thursday morning i guess). it was an excellent film.  much better than episode 1 and episode 2.  some great action, and some very powerful scenes between anakin and obi wan.  unlike the first 2 episodes, you actually care for the characters in this movie.  what happens on the screen is meaningful.   the love scenes were terrible as always (roger ebert says that there are hallmark greeting cards that can write better love dialogue than george lucas.  i agree).  and as always excellent special effects.  lucas does a good job of tying everything together at the end, making it flow right into episode 4 (the original star wars). 

id like to say more but its hard to without ruining the film. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: