Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:11:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Should Appetite For Destruction be remastered?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Appetite For Destruction be remastered?  (Read 29152 times)
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 02:26:33 PM »

I personally have always wanted the 24 ct gold version of Appetite though.

Remastering AFD would mean, in essence, we would get the first "true" digital conversion of the source material (though I'm not sure, I think the "Gold" version of AFD may have done this, as well, but I'm not sure...given it's limited availability, I can't seem to find out.

I think the "Gold" version of AFD may have done this, as well, but I'm not sure...given it's limited availability, I can't seem to find out

I have the 24K Gold Version. If no one else can get the info by 6PM EST (I'll be home from work) I'll scan the back cover which I know has a disclaimer about the source and the remastering.

I have the gold version too (got it right off the rack... knowing how valuable those have become I should have bought 10 of the fuckers).

I don't have it here to scan, but as for the sound, I can tell you it isn't much different than the regular version. It's more of a collectable.

I've seen enough.
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2005, 03:15:24 PM »

I was just wishing yesterday that it would be remastered when I was listining to it.

StoneTempleRoses

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2005, 03:31:39 PM »

If the old band wasn't hugely successfull Axl would have changed the name.?

how can u know what gnr means for axl?? Roll Eyes How can u know if he wouldnt and word such a? sentence, with this structure?

That has nothing to do with the question I asked. So stop whining about reunions and the band's name.

Sometimes I wonder if some people here deliberately fuck up all threads to be about the name/Axl's clothes/reunions/Slash vs Robin.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
usurper
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2005, 03:35:31 PM »

I was listening to the Pearl Jam "Best Of/Greatest Hits" cd and on that release they have remastered/remixed the tracks that were taken from their debut album "Ten" (released in 1991). The tracks sound a bit different, I guess fresh is a word that could be used to describe the sound.

So the question is, would you like to see the whole "Appetite For Destruction" album remastered/remixed or do you think it should stay the way it is?

I think a Dualdisc or something similar with both the original and a remixed version would be nice.

Or maybe we'll get a 20th anniversary edition in a few years.....?

/jarmo

Thats a good idea, no offense to fans of Appetite (I prefer the Illusions) but it's sound a bit dated to me, but it's still good to listen to now and then.
boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 03:42:04 PM »

Id much rather hear the rerecorded version by the new band then the old version remastered.
i have to dissagree, i have already heard sweet child from big daddy,no new band! remix, remaster, dual disc dvd, and a new radio single "its so easy" , should finally get an official american release.20th anniversary would be perfect. i think the labels are pushing for accross the board dvd/dual discs anyways, they think its gonna save sales !

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »

i dunno... i could be good, but i dont like the idea of fooling around with perfection. and i'd much rather Chinese Democracy before a remastered AFD.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
SLCPUNK
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 04:25:34 PM »

nah....I never notice the difference when they do it anyway.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 04:59:15 PM »

Appetite for Reconstruction...remastering the original would sonicly bring it up to date. Recording & mixing has come a long way since 1987.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2005, 05:02:04 PM »

Yes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2005, 05:07:24 PM »

Yes , remaster it and LOSE some of that cheesy reverb , especially on the drums!  ok
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:09:18 PM by Saul » Logged

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2005, 05:10:34 PM »

Axl needs to stop thinking about past accomplishments. He should start working on the album that starts with a C.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2005, 05:13:55 PM »

Axl needs to stop thinking about past accomplishments. He should start working on the album that starts with a C.

What does this have to do with Axl?

It's a pretty basic question: Would you like to hear AFD remastered?

Nowhere in the question did I ask "Would you like Axl to take time off from working on CD to remaster AFD" or "What do you prefer, the old or new band?".  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2005, 06:21:48 PM »

This is something I have hoped will occur for a long time. Perhaps we'll see it as a 20th anniversary edition. If ever an album deserved to be celebrated in this way, it is Appetite.

A question - the remastered tracks on the Greatest Hits (specifically the Appetite tracks), whats peoples opinion of the sound of them? ie. remastering process from original source?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
AxemanOnFire
Headliner

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2005, 06:29:36 PM »

I think there should be a really awesome box-set 3-disc 20th anniversary edition:
Disc 1 - Appetite for Destruction remastered from the original master recordings by Mike Clink in full 5.1 digital surround sound.
Disc 2 - AFD-era rarities, outtakes and live performances (eg Shadow of Your Love, the Hellhouse rehearsal of Jumpin' Jack Flash cleaned up and properly mastered, Cornchucker etc).
Disc 3 - A DVD, It's So Easy: The Story of Appetite for Destruction, with interviews from the band members (although I don't know if Axl would do it), the bands they opened for, producers, music-biz guys from Geffen etc. The DVD would tell the story of GN'R from their childhoods (Lafayette to LA or something), early bands they played in, the beginnings of GN'R, the recording process and tour, and the album finally 'blowing up' when they opened for Aerosmith. Snippets of live shows and a suitably rockin' soundtrack would, of course, come as standard.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 06:31:36 PM by AxemanOnFire » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2005, 06:34:04 PM »

This is something I have hoped will occur for a long time. Perhaps we'll see it as a 20th anniversary edition. If ever an album deserved to be celebrated in this way, it is Appetite.

A question - the remastered tracks on the Greatest Hits (specifically the Appetite tracks), whats peoples opinion of the sound of them? ie. remastering process from original source?

From what I understand, GH wasn't re-mastered.  Or at least wasn't fully re-mastered.  All I know is I didn't buy it.  But an assload of people did.  Over a year has passed and its still on the American billboard top 50!

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2005, 06:45:33 PM »

From what I understand, GH wasn't re-mastered.? Or at least wasn't fully re-mastered.? All I know is I didn't buy it.? But an assload of people did.? Over a year has passed and its still on the American billboard top 50!

Oh, I was under the impression that all the tracks were remastered and this is one of the reasons the band didnt want it released as they had no involvment in it being remastered??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2005, 07:12:31 PM »

I think there should be a really awesome box-set 3-disc 20th anniversary edition:
Disc 1 - Appetite for Destruction remastered from the original master recordings by Mike Clink in full 5.1 digital surround sound.
Disc 2 - AFD-era rarities, outtakes and live performances (eg Shadow of Your Love, the Hellhouse rehearsal of Jumpin' Jack Flash cleaned up and properly mastered, Cornchucker etc).
Disc 3 - A DVD, It's So Easy: The Story of Appetite for Destruction, with interviews from the band members (although I don't know if Axl would do it), the bands they opened for, producers, music-biz guys from Geffen etc. The DVD would tell the story of GN'R from their childhoods (Lafayette to LA or something), early bands they played in, the beginnings of GN'R, the recording process and tour, and the album finally 'blowing up' when they opened for Aerosmith. Snippets of live shows and a suitably rockin' soundtrack would, of course, come as standard.

now that I`d love to see!

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2005, 07:48:49 PM »

I wouldnt mind an Appetite version that is remastered somewhere down the road but for now the original is just perfect as it was when it was first released..The biggest sound issues I have with it are as someone already pointed out the frequent quietness of Izzy's guitar and the persistent drum reverb. Its all part of the nostaliga i guess though. peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
RichardNixon
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2005, 07:56:45 PM »

I think AFD has held up really well. I would, however, like the Illusion CDs remastered. Oddly enough, they (esp UYI-1) sound more dated, I think because UYI 1 has kind of a glossy feel.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2005, 08:12:44 PM »

UYI 1 sounds dated. However USI 2 sounds perfect.
Appetite shouldn't be remastered, it might lost (a bit) of its magical.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:14:44 PM by OASIS ARE THE BEST » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: