Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:40:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Parents, your turn !! I'm pregnant !!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Parents, your turn !! I'm pregnant !!!  (Read 19217 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2005, 12:08:22 PM »

Congratulations!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2005, 12:31:10 PM »

Congratulations!

/jarmo

Thanks hun... Kiss

Nothing to say
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2005, 03:08:03 PM »

If it's a boy how about naming him CharlesGrin

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2005, 08:50:03 PM »

Congrats to you Jessica.  I'm actually watching a tv program called Nanny 911.  I think it provides excellent advice on effective parenting.  Just my 2 cents! 

Oh yeah, also, if you are going to a quality hospital, you should have NO worries about an epidural.  Talk to your doctor about that one.

I did read an earlier post you made that spoke of your relationship with your mom that raised my eyebrows.  Consider that relationship a learning experience.  You are not your mom, and you're gonna have a beautiful and loving relationship with your daughter or son.  I'm so happy for you.   Smiley     Enjoy it.         

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Darth Jenny
Berserk Asuka Langley
Headliner

Rock N' Roll Messiah

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2005, 01:07:08 AM »

congratulations Jessy!!! It's been a while since I heard from you!  ok

Always two there are, a master and an aprentice...

Gunner Temple
Jenny's Dream of Axl Rose
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2005, 03:48:42 AM »

If it's a boy how about naming him CharlesGrin

lol, nope, sorry, we have some names in my family, so i think it'll be something like joshua thomas, or hugo thomas, or or, but thomas will be present as 2nd or 3rd name. Wink

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2005, 03:59:01 AM »

Congrats to you Jessica.  I'm actually watching a tv program called Nanny 911.  I think it provides excellent advice on effective parenting.  Just my 2 cents! 

Oh yeah, also, if you are going to a quality hospital, you should have NO worries about an epidural.  Talk to your doctor about that one.

I did read an earlier post you made that spoke of your relationship with your mom that raised my eyebrows.  Consider that relationship a learning experience.  You are not your mom, and you're gonna have a beautiful and loving relationship with your daughter or son.  I'm so happy for you.   Smiley     Enjoy it.         

Thank you hun.

I do know the program, but then, thank god i have been a nanny myself, watching over an 18 months old who was autistic.

I am going to a private clinic in VERSAILLES ( near paris). For anybody wanting to know, it's the " clinique des Franciscaines" and i am due for the 5th of december ( if everything goes well) ... hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
But i don't think i'll have an epidural, i have a too great of a risk considering i have two damaged lower vertebras.

Yes, the relationship to my mother. Want the truth ? I don't even know if my dad was my dad, i do know my mother had a lover then, had a few lovers during her mariage to " dad", bla bla bla, and my mother's first love was a guy from deep purple and she kept on seeing him for years and years ( according to her best friend in lies, her sister) . So there you go, i was born to what i call a whore. My mother is a Mary alright but sure isn't a virgin. Which is why i always refused to be assimilated to famous musicians and ended up dumping musicians if i got to date one. I even saw a psychic who saw a piccie of mum and who went " sulfurous, sulfurous" when he saw her face.

No, i am NOT my mother. Will never be.

And i will love my kid, don't you doubt. I have been abondonned enough in my life to know what i'll never do to my own flesh and blood. Just pray i don't become " over loving"... hihi

Nothing to say
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2005, 12:28:07 PM »

and my mother's first love was a guy from deep purple and she kept on seeing him for years and years
That's quite cool, Deep Purple rock

I feel very sad hearing these stories because my parents are good friends ussually. I wish everyone had great parents and I hope you have a loving releationship with your son/daughter? ok

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2005, 01:38:43 PM »

and my mother's first love was a guy from deep purple and she kept on seeing him for years and years
That's quite cool, Deep Purple rock

I feel very sad hearing these stories because my parents are good friends ussually. I wish everyone had great parents and I hope you have a loving releationship with your son/daughter  ok

smoking Izzy  smoking

Bah, don't you worry, if you knew the figures, you'd know my story is just one amongst millions.

French figures talk of 46% of childen not being biologically their dad's.
Almost 1/2 french kids would be a lie ? Interesting enough if you ask me.

My parents were very destructive, but mainly my mother and i saw my " father" before his death and realised he'd forgive her the world since he was so besotted with her. He forgave her really horrible things too, things that shedid and that hurt her kids. he was mad about her. She did love him too, but dad was normally going to inherit a fortune when she met hi mand she hadn't planned on meeting a family's black sheep and family that hadn't planned on leaving much to its descendants anyway.
After years of something she won't talk about, i suspect my mother married out of financial security.

Just one of these stories Izzy. My mother loved m brother enormously, she loved my dad as much as she could even if it mant little at times and i was rejected for a reason i never got to understand. My brothe,r today, feels guilty about being loved because he admits to me i wasn't.

So, how many children were prefered to others ?

I'm not alone in that case either.

My brother's favorite sentence is : i don't want to remember.

My relationship to my son/daughter will be a good one because whatever stupid thing i can do with adults, the baby is my only treasure on this fucked up planet. So, man or not, father of the baby around or not, problems or not, that baby is going to be loved, cuddled, and will tell me to fuck off at adolescence and make me cry, just like any other kid that's grown up too fast.

Nothing to say
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2005, 01:48:50 PM »

Congratulations. I havent talked with you in quite awhile, I hope this is another positive step forward for you.

I'm betting on a girl, and I vote for Chloe ok

PM me if you ever need to vent on anything peace

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2005, 01:57:28 PM »

Congratulations. I havent talked with you in quite awhile, I hope this is another positive step forward for you.

I'm betting on a girl, and I vote for Chloe ok

PM me if you ever need to vent on anything peace

Tyank you hun. I hope so too, i try to make my life more positive and have accepted it will be a life battle to say " i have a good life" bur i am patient now. I am not as depressed as i was.

I would prefer a little girl, her name will come to me as i see her. And should i have a little boy, i'll just have to show him i was an excellent goal keeeper when i was in a girlie football team. hihi hihi hihi

Thanks

Nothing to say
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2005, 02:02:13 PM »

and will tell me to fuck off at adolescence and make me cry, just like any other kid that's grown up too fast.

You should start worrying about how painful this is going to be instead of giving birth.  There's no way to avoid either of them, but the "know-it-all" stage drags on for years instead of just 9 months.  I think I'm still in mine.  confused
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2005, 02:09:37 PM »

and will tell me to fuck off at adolescence and make me cry, just like any other kid that's grown up too fast.

You should start worrying about how painful this is going to be instead of giving birth.  There's no way to avoid either of them, but the "know-it-all" stage drags on for years instead of just 9 months.  I think I'm still in mine.  confused

I don't want to avoid you know ? i think i am truly blessed and i'll expali nwhy more serisouly :

I have a disease since my 18th year and sometimes, my cells have abnormal activity. Towards 30 years old, most women who have this problem start to have fertility problems and eventual cancer scares.
I was so affraid i would not be able to have a baby. You can't imagine. The more time passed, the more i was so downk, down to a point where i could have had any man give me a baby providing i got pregnant before what i thought would be a fatal deadline ?

Now, i feel so blessed. I lost a baby in november, thing i haven't talked about until now, i won't be told anything about my pregnancy by doctors until the 5th month or so because of another miscarriage fear and i do all i can to have the best pregnancy as possibloe ( apart from arguing with the dad almost every day right now) .

I don't give a shit if i only have the 1 kid you see ? I want to see that little one day and night and give as muich joy as he/she will give me trouble. That baby can't be my child and be ange like anyway. If the baby screams his/her first nights away, i know he is my son/she is my daughter alright  hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi :hihi:I was fire on wheels up until 20/21 years old...And i hope my kid is as vivacious.

Nothing to say
Aava
Everything changes
VIP

If you wanna do it, baby, you can do it right

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2005, 02:28:13 PM »

Congratulations!  Smiley

We're on the one road
Maybe the wrong road
It's the road to fuck knows where
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2005, 03:26:51 PM »

If it's a boy how about naming him Charles. Grin

lol, nope, sorry, we have some names in my family, so i think it'll be something like joshua thomas, or hugo thomas, or or, but thomas will be present as 2nd or 3rd name. Wink
It was a joke jess.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2005, 04:41:58 AM »

If it's a boy how about naming him Charles. Grin

It was a joke jess.

oops...why can't you be facing me when you talk then Huh

I hate the net on days like these  rofl rofl rofl rofl

Nothing to say
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2005, 03:32:59 PM »

My best advice... epideral. ?If you can get one now, go for it. ? hihi

Seriously though, the minute their rolling you into the ?hospital for delivery, demand the epideral. ? Trust me, you'll be thanking me later. ?And if you can keep from it, don't induce. ?The labor is a lot more painful if you induce.

As far as baby furniture goes, a lot of what they try to sell you is unnecessary. ?You may be able to find a crib used, this is your best bet, because you'll only use the crib a short while. ?If you must get one new, my advice is to get one that can later be altered into a toddler bed, so that you don't have to buy another bed so soon. ?

You may want to get a bassinet or a cradle, so that you can have this in your bedroom the first couple of months. ?It beats having to get out of bed and drag yourself into the baby's bedroom for nighttime feedings, also, your presence will be a calming one for the baby. ? ?

other furniture you'll need, a dresser (Of course) ... try to get one that is at your waist level, and then you can strap a changing pad to the top of it, and you won't need an additional changing table. ?

As far as baby clothing... I know the that a lot of parents want to buy a lot of the cute little outfits that are out there, but, realistically, you won't be using these much, so, if finances are tight, you want to invest in a lot of "onesies" ?these are the one piece tee shirts with the snaps at the crotch. ?These were perfect, you could use them to layer clothing when it was cold, and just keep them in the onesie when its warm. ?Smiley

And... blankets... lots and lots of them. ?Baby spits up on them, leaks on them... you're always washing the blankets, and needing more.

Hope this has been helpful... and congrats! ?Smiley ?Get as much sleep now as you can. ?Smiley

Ditto on everything Tied up said....well, with the exception of the epidural thing.  I can't comment on that...my wife had 2 c-sections so I wouldn't have any idea.

For the baby furniture...find either a 2nd hand store or a "consignment shop", if finances are tight.  You'll get great deals.  Our "trick" was to go to a local consignment store that was in what most would consider a "rich" town.  LOTS of good quality stuff for a fraction of the cost. From a clothes standpoint, much of it still had the stupid tags on.

Find friends with kids and hint, not so subtley, that you wouldn't be adverse to hand me downs.

Start with the bassinet...the baby will probably be there for the first 2 or 3 months, anyway, unless you get lucky and get a sleeper.  God help you if you get a colicky baby (like our daughter).....

That gives you even more time to save up for the crib.

Oh, and my wife always recommends babycenter.com .  Awesome site.  Message boards are pretty good too...let you commiserate with mommy's who are due around the same time as you.

And try to find the ubiquitous book "What to Expect when you're Expecting". No preganant woman should be without it.

One other suggestion: Sleep now.  Sleep every minute you can.  While away your days off from work snoozing....because it'll be the last time you get to for quite some time.  I'm not kidding. Really.

OK, you're probably scared now.  You should be.  I was.  My wife was.  It IS scary.  Life changing.  But you know what?

It's worth it.  Every minute of it.  Because, no matter how bad things can get (ie: sleepless nights, screaming kids, POTTY TRAINING  crying)....the minute your child takes their first steps....the minute your kid wraps his/her arms around your neck, looks into your eyes, and you KNOW how much they love you...the minute your baby REACHES up to you, for the first time, to be picked up...the minute he/she first says MaMa (or, in my case, DaDa)....life just doesn't get much better than that.  And the good always seems to outweigh the bad. 

It is, without a doubt, the single most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life.  Period.

You're in for a wild ride, Jessica.  Enjoy it. Smiley

If you ever need to talk..just PM me.  If I can't answer your questions...I'll pass them along to my wife...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2005, 03:37:23 PM »

Take care.

Try to keep yourself always happy.

I hear a baby feels the same to the mum.

I know hun, but i am very stressed out and cannot escape this right now. I try to relax but it's very very hard. If you have something ( exercise) to share so i can unwind a bit, i'm takers!

And you well know i can't " always" be happy. I try.

Yoga for Mommies is good.

Tai Chi isn't bad, either...but might be tough to start now.  Might want to think about taking it up AFTER the baby is born, though.  Helps to keep you centered, and all that.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2005, 02:02:15 PM »

thanks lots lots lots pilferk  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Nothing to say
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »

congrats and sorry for reply to late.  Embarrassed

I suggest naming the baby Seven.  Or possibly Soda.

Congratulations!

Too much Seinfield?  Tongue

Ok people, the french me is lost :

WHAT IS A BABY SHOWER Huh?

Well a baby shower is a "party" for all pregnats that is made by her friends an relative the thing is to welcome the world the new child, or at least thats what we do here  ok

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: