Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 07:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DISCUSSIONS about the Best 80's Frontman Survivor!  (Read 33164 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 03:34:35 PM »

people are voting for their favs and not who was the best, thats why these list get so fucked up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 04:48:30 PM »

people are voting for their favs and not who was the best, thats why these list get so fucked up.

not me man. For example I said

" So I'm not going to deny those Jovi band haters there history "

-bp  peace

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2005, 04:49:54 AM »

Mustaine's voice is fine. It's technically awful, but it PERFECTLY fits the music. Political and nihilistic. Not to mention his skill as a songwriter and a musician. Of course, the fact that Megadeth peaked in 1991 hurts Mustaine's chances of being the best 80's frontman.

Still, Judas Priest were past their prime in the 80's (everything after Stained Class isn't as good), and were still a pretty good band, so who knows?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2005, 02:27:19 PM »

maybe we should make up a rule that you have to have at least 25 posts or more for your vote to count Tongue

eheh

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2005, 04:24:28 PM »

Hmm, I think Jovi's time to go is now. Vince Neil was once part of a great band, so he gets to stay for one more round. After that, DLR, maybe, depends on how things go.
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2005, 08:07:13 PM »

D -- Hello?!?? This is about favorites... the first post in every survivor thread says VOTE OUT YOUR LEAST FAVORITE!? See the word "favorite" in that?? That means, that you vote out your least favorite, thereby *hopefully* keeping your favorite in the running, by knocking out those that would be your least favorite.? See how that works?

Just because your favorite happens to be the one that some people thinks smells of ripe cheese, doesn't mean that they aren't voting the right way.

As you have once said yourself, musical taste is subjective, so there is no way of really saying "who is best" and who isn't... (notable exception:? Bon Jovi.? It's perfectly alright to admit that he sucks great big floppy donkey dicks)?

Seriously though, how does one weigh who is best vs. who is second best?? ?Through their own preference.? Preference refers to personal, subjective taste... you know... your favorite.? Lookie ... there's that word again... favorite.?

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2005, 04:52:45 PM »

Between Dickenson and Halford, I think I would have to choose Halford, because he is truly the FRONTMAN of Judas Priest. Judas Priest just isn't the same without him (Demolition, Jugulator no). Maiden, however, put out the X Factor, which is a very underrated album, without Dickenson. Plus, Maiden's first 2 albums are excellent without him.

Because of this, I consider Steve Harris the true frontman of Iron Maiden. Although I love Iron Maiden more than Judas Priest, I think I'll just have to take Halford over Dickenson.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2005, 10:06:20 PM »

I still cant see the reason Sebastian bach is still in this.

He could sing, great, pin the rose on his nose

other than that he couldnt do shit

do u know why bach isnt relevant or around today?

simply cause he cant write a fuckin song

he was born with a great voice

thats not as amazing as becoming great on various instruments and writing songs that stand the test of time.

he could sing "thank his parents"

vocal wise he was great but in every other frontman category besides maybe performing he was way below average.

next round i ask everyone to vote his ass out!

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2005, 11:27:15 PM »

Unfortunately, Bach might be voted out because people don't know whats good for them. But he sure isn't leaving before Bon Jovi.

How can you say that he couldn't do shit?

As far as Rock N Roll is concerned, this man has almost everything.

The charisma, the energy, the presence, the killer voice, really good looks, and to top it all off, a heavy dose of assholeness.

He may not be John Lennon where lyrics are concerned, but neither is Bon Jovi. In fact, unlike Bach, good looks is the only thing Bon Jovi has going for him.

You make it sound like that Backstreet Boy from New Jersey is the saviour of Rock. His vocal ability is equivalent to that of myself in the shower on a cold monday morning. 

Now lets talk about Bon Jovi's lyrics. Yeah, the guy wrote some of the songs. Dude, with all due respect, I can write lyrics like that. And I never wrote a damn verse in my life. Except for that punk masterpiece in the other thread.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

its hard writing those feel good rock classics and jon does more than write lyrics, he also writes music.

hell even alice cooper said bon jovi had 2 or 3 of the greatest rock songs ever written.

could Jon succeed as a solo artist? yes, he even wrote a number 1 single "blaze of glory" and 2 top 5 singles "bed of roses,always" by himself with no help from anyone. what has bach done? without skid row's songs where would he be?

Jon isnt technically as great as bach vocally but i find his vocals more appealing.

to say Jon is still successful and popular today only because he is good lookin is ridiculous dude.

if that were true Winger would still be selling out every show and selling millions of records.

if Jon wasnt talented, he may have one great record, but the man has had an over 20 year career and is still goin strong, so obviously there has to be some substance there.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2005, 01:58:05 AM »

Plus, Sebastian has a bigger dick than Jon.
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #91 on: March 09, 2005, 04:50:17 PM »

Bach's first album has more substance in it than Bon Jovi's entire career. Bach's voice is much stronger and less overprocessed (he even did broadway!). Bon Jovi has showmanship, but he does not have the talent Bach has for a voice.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #92 on: March 09, 2005, 05:34:45 PM »

I still don't understand what the problem is with Bach not being a songwriter?  Huh It's the frontman survivor, not the composers'! And Bach is one of the top 10 or even top 5 frontmen of all time.

As I see the candidates left are all great frontmen, although I'm not a fan of all, but I acknowledge their talent.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2005, 05:56:10 AM »

What the hell is wrong with you people? Why did you vote Bono off so quickly?

Nothing against Bach, but how can a guy that didn't do anything in the 80's has survived longer than Bono?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2005, 09:40:36 AM »

o my god! Bono is a legend. wot? i dont believe he's been voted off.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2005, 09:48:51 AM »

Nothing against Bach, but how can a guy that didn't do anything in the 80's has survived longer than Bono?

I can only speak for myself, but I just hate the music of U2, and I also find Bono an extremely mediocre, whiney singer. So for me it was a no-contest.

Bach on the other hand is alright, even he hasn't achieved as much as Bono, at least he isn't annoying.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2005, 11:19:01 AM »

I love Bono, I wouldn't have voted him off, unless it was a contest between either him and Bach or him and Halford... or him and Annie Lennox, who didn't make the list, but should have, as she could outsing anyone (with the possible exception of Bach and Halford, and of course Axl...) off the stage.

Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2005, 11:36:00 AM »

Annie Lennox, who didn't make the list, but should have, as she could outsing anyone (with the possible exception of Bach and Halford, and of course Axl...) off the stage.

Yay! Annie Lennox is brilliant Cheesy

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2005, 01:55:25 PM »

Agreed!  She is one of the few singers that can give me goosebumps from the sheer inpact of her voice!  The others being Axl and Halford.

I haven't found many other artists that can accomplish that feat.

Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2005, 02:06:40 PM »

James Hetfield is my favourite and I think he is easily the best out of the 80's, even though he was probably a better frontman during 89-93 especially with the TBA tour.

Looking at the remaining list Hetfield looks the most dominant. For decent 80's Het, watch the Seattle DVD from a show from 89. I think that defines why he is the best.

Even better than 80's Axl. If someone starts posting stuff like 'WTF how dare you say that about Uncle Axl? you dipshit' I want to see some good reasons why YOU think Axl was a better 80's frontman that James Hetfield.

D, you're not the only GnR fan who prefers another frontman over Axl.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: