Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:02:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ronnie James Dio
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ronnie James Dio  (Read 12941 times)
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 11:44:44 AM »

Of Course some good songs are

Holy Diver
Rainbow in the dark
Last in line

And those are only a few ... almost all of his songs are good

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 03:26:31 PM »

For the band Dio, get the albums Holy Diver, Sacred Heart, and The Last In Line. Everything else is for hardcore fans. For the man Dio, get his Black Sabbath albums Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, and especially Dehumanizer. They're all excellent.
Z
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »

I was a  H-U-G-E  Dio fan in the 80's.  I don't think I ever bought any cds since every "album" I had back then was on a cassette tape.  I'll bet I buy Dio cds eventually.

Back then, his videos were awesome as well. 
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2006, 03:34:55 PM »

Dio's good stuff.  He's a legend too.  There's a 2-disc Dio Anthology out there that looks like a really good listen.  It includes stuff from his Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and solo careers.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2006, 05:37:38 PM »

For the band Dio, get the albums Holy Diver, Sacred Heart, and The Last In Line. Everything else is for hardcore fans. For the man Dio, get his Black Sabbath albums Heaven And Hell, Mob Rules, and especially Dehumanizer. They're all excellent.

What do you mean by everything else is for hardcore dio fans ..... not only hardcore fans like his other material.... i really like alot of his material ... and also i forgot another great song is master of the moon   ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
avesia
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »

I'm not a big fan...actually I'm not even a fan...but I love Dio.
and the guy's voice is just... drool  perfect!!!!
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »

I've only heard Heaven and Hell from his Sabbath days. And, that album (and his voice) are terrific.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 02:04:11 AM »

His Sabbath stuff is totally over-looked.  People completely shit on it just cause its not Ozzy.  IMO he has a better voice than Ozzy.  Heaven And Hell is an excellent album, same goes for Mob Rules.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
avesia
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 06:55:04 PM »

His Sabbath stuff is totally over-looked.  People completely shit on it just cause its not Ozzy.  IMO he has a better voice than Ozzy.  Heaven And Hell is an excellent album, same goes for Mob Rules.

I hate Black Sabbath with Ozzy, but I love Heaven and Hell. Dio is so much better than Ozzy!
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 09:32:43 PM »

Heaven and Hell is definitely an overlooked classic.

Unfortunately the newest song that he is on, "The Chase" off of Operation: Mindcrime II doesnt exactly demonstrate why he is considered by many as a Metal Legend

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 01:08:26 AM »

I saw Dio a few years back and they were really fucking excellent.  'Holy Diver' is a great album and i also like that other one....it has a song in it that goes "and all the fools sail away", which is a really cool track (although maybe that's from 'holy diver' as well - who knows).  Can anyone help?  I'm a bit wasted,.
Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 08:23:46 AM »

I saw Dio a few years back and they were really fucking excellent.? 'Holy Diver' is a great album and i also like that other one....it has a song in it that goes "and all the fools sail away", which is a really cool track (although maybe that's from 'holy diver' as well - who knows).? Can anyone help?? I'm a bit wasted,.

It's from Dream Evil!  ok

Dio is awesome!  yes

Why don't you just....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2006, 09:44:09 AM »

hmmm, dio was on the side of the stage at the anthrax gig i went to, i was hoping he'd come n sing a song but they just got every to do the horns for him instead.

html sucks
judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 04:05:36 PM »

Any other fans of Dio? I loved the first six albums and RJ is the reason I love rock so much !!

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 04:07:28 PM »

He's great!
What a vocal range!
judgesmf
Headliner

GNR EUROPE.999.ORG

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 05:54:27 AM »

He's great!
What a vocal range!

ok

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »

Contrary to published reports, legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) **has not** died after a six-month battle with stomach cancer.

After rumors started circulating via the Internet late Saturday that Dio had lost his cancer fight, BLABBERMOUTH.NET reached out to Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio, who sent back the following message at approximately 11:35 p.m. PST on Saturday, May 15 / 2:35 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16:

"I am at the hospital and Ronnie has NOT passed away!!!! He is not doing good, but he is not dead.

"I will let you know if anything changes.

"Thank you for your concern."

***UPDATE***: Wendy Dio posted the following message on Ronnie's official Twitter profile at approximately 3:45 a.m. EST on Sunday, May 16: "Don't believe the rumors, Ronnie is still hanging in there!!! Hugs, Wendy Dio." ***

It was only a month ago that Dio, 67, spoke about his battle with cancer with the Artisan News Service on the "black carpet" of the Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which took place on April 8 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles. When asked about how he had been feeling since he was diagnosed with the disease late last year, Dio said, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect ? the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it, then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

Earlier this month, HEAVEN & HELL canceled its summer tour plans in Europe due to Dio's treatment for stomach cancer. The band said in a statement that Dio wasn't "well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

Ronnie James Dio has performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects included the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He is widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal, renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He is currently involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also included former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonnieJamesDio
Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May.
Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes
before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he
was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have
all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this
terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever. Wendy

GOD BLESS YOU RONNIE JAMES DIO... THANK YOU FOR YOUR VOICE, MUSIC AND ALL YOUR LIFE LEARNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Cry We will always miss you Dio...

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »

rest in peace
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 03:53:49 PM »

That sucks man.
may you enjoy the afterlife with other fallen legends.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: