Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bryan Adams/Def Leppard Tour  (Read 30894 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2005, 04:07:32 AM »

when is Bryan Adams joining the tour?

did tesla play "Caught in a Dream"? i love that fuckin song

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2005, 04:16:12 AM »

did tesla play "Caught in a Dream"? i love that fuckin song

Pretty sure, yea.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2005, 10:40:02 AM »

I am going to see them July 9th in Brooklyn, should be a great show.   Although I would much rather see Tesla then Bryan Adams.  I will let you guys know how is was and post pics peace

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:03 AM »

DEF LEPPARD frontman Joe Elliott has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Well, here we are the the end of the first leg of shows with Bryan Adams. I'm sat on the back of the bus 15 minutes before we go on in Atlanta, on what was originally a day off! The thing is, we did this gig (Midtown Music Festival) two years ago and we had so much fun back then, how could we resist when they asked us for this year? Plus, Kid Rock is on the bill too and I haven't seen him since we got shitfaced in Justin Timberlake's L.A. restaurant on Kid's 34th birthday last August (ooh, you little name dropper, you!)

"Uh-oh, I just got the call, on in 10, gotta go.... later people .....

"(a day later.....)

"I pick up having just watched the Michael Jackson verdict read out on Fox News (fair and balanced, apparently).. We're in Tampa, Florida, nice and sunny so I think I'll go and catch some rays before they disappear.

"Atlanta was fun. Difficult, but fun. We got in about four hours before we went on, no sound check (usual in festival situations) and we also had to use our 'B-rig' as it was impossible to get the main touring gear there on time. Apart from a few technical gremlins, which hopefully only we noticed, it was a groovy afternoon all round. We met up with JOAN JETT & THE BLACKHEARTS for the first time since we toured together in 2000, and made tentative plans to get together again in Brooklyn, NY in a few weeks time. I watched Kid Rock from the side of the stage for most of his set, and I have to say, I thought he and his band were really good! Great to see someone with that kind of control over a crowd doing his thing.....makes me glad we do what we do! We had a quick natter after the show, wished each other well and I for one hope we cross paths again soon, because I like Kid a lot.

"So, here we are, after a 7/8 hour drive and a pretty good sleep, I'm listening to all the yap yap yap about M.J., GOD, I'M SO OVER IT! I'm off to lie in the sun, fall asleep, and hopefully wake up before my skin starts to peel.

"This is me signing off on a very welcomed day off.....

"Luv 'n' peace,

"(a few hours later.....)

"Just got back from the pool where I discovered that I had my shorts on backwards.....go figure."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
SLCPUNK
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2005, 04:24:17 PM »

Great read. Thanks.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 04:40:44 PM »

SET LIST GREEN BAY, WI (JUNE 21)
# Action
# Let It Go
# Let's Get Rocked
# Women
# Foolin'
# Hysteria
# Promises
# No Matter What
# Love Bites
# Armageddon It
# Two Steps Behind
# Gods Of War
# Rock On
# Rocket
# Photograph
# Animal
# Rock Of Ages
--------------------------------
# Bringin' On The Heartbreak
# Pour Some Sugar On Me

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 10:52:31 PM »

I am not to thrilled with this set list they have been using while Tesla is supporting. I thought on the "non" Bryan Adams gigs they would be bringing out the 'rare' stuff as quoted in interviews. I know they have to play the "hits" but i wish they would throw in Paper Sun, Die Hard, Work It Out , Mirror Mirror etc. I know they have been soundchecking Paper Sun, Rock Brigade and Die Hard the Hunter, i wish they would throw that stuff into to the mix. I know they cant please everyone but i just wish they would mix it up a bit more, bit off topic but VR does the samething but of course they dont have the volume of songs as Def Lep has.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2005, 02:18:02 AM »

Well Elliot said in an interview that he knows people want to see/hear the hits. He realizes that the masses go to Rolling Stones (for instance) concerts to hear the hits, not their new songs. He has a point.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2005, 05:56:49 AM »

I am not to thrilled with this set list they have been using while Tesla is supporting. I thought on the "non" Bryan Adams gigs they would be bringing out the 'rare' stuff as quoted in interviews. I know they have to play the "hits" but i wish they would throw in Paper Sun, Die Hard, Work It Out , Mirror Mirror etc. I know they have been soundchecking Paper Sun, Rock Brigade and Die Hard the Hunter, i wish they would throw that stuff into to the mix. I know they cant please everyone but i just wish they would mix it up a bit more, bit off topic but VR does the samething but of course they dont have the volume of songs as Def Lep has.

Well they are more restricted than usual in a co-headlining tour because of increased time restraints - they can't play more than 20 songs, and that will only cover the hits

Besides while we love the songs u mentioned - alot of those tracks can take some getting used to, in a crowd which consists of many Bryan Adams fans - u have to be careful

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2005, 04:47:17 PM »

I just got 'World's Collide' - wow, great stuff, its got some absolutely fantastic guitar work - much heavier than regular Def leppard, they can do this amazing music - so why don't they make an album of it?

Great rock tracks will sell - are the band determined to fail? They make these great tracks and then don't even put them on their albums!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2005, 05:29:11 PM »

I wish they would make a whole album in the vein of Worlds Collide, that song rocks. stripped down modern rock. If you can find it try to find Truth? the original version, it rocks harder than Worlds Collide. As soon as i get settled into my new house and my wife has the baby i will be getting you guys(SLC) cds' bear with me. ok
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2005, 01:43:40 PM »

I wish they would make a whole album in the vein of Worlds Collide, that song rocks. stripped down modern rock. If you can find it try to find Truth? the original version, it rocks harder than Worlds Collide. As soon as i get settled into my new house and my wife has the baby i will be getting you guys(SLC) cds' bear with me. ok

Smiley

I've been hunting ebay for the originals

As shown by retro active and these newer b-sides the band is actually even better than their albums suggest and more able to provide modern music than they think they can - they are a confused bunch
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 01:53:30 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2005, 11:30:27 PM »

Last night's show in Pittsburgh was awesome. They actually played 'Rock Brigade', I never thought i would hear that song live let alone be in the audience to witness it. Great show. I dont know what shocked us more the fact that they played 'Rock Brigade' or all of the tattoos Joe Elliott has gotten. Viv Campbell ruled on guitar, as did Phil Collen. Tesla was great too. First time for seeing them live , pretty impressed. Tied with VR as best concert in the last year. ok
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2005, 05:36:49 AM »

all of the tattoos Joe Elliott has gotten.
Damn - tattoo's look so sad - and on a 45 year old man.....not good

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2005, 08:05:21 AM »

Last night's show in Pittsburgh was awesome. They actually played 'Rock Brigade', I never thought i would hear that song live let alone be in the audience to witness it. Great show. I dont know what shocked us more the fact that they played 'Rock Brigade' or all of the tattoos Joe Elliott has gotten. Viv Campbell ruled on guitar, as did Phil Collen. Tesla was great too. First time for seeing them live , pretty impressed. Tied with VR as best concert in the last year. ok

Sounds like you had a rocking time..  I'll say it again, I wish I was going to see Tesla, instead of Bryan Adams Cry

check it out!!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2005, 03:53:29 PM »

Tesla was great too. First time for seeing them live , pretty impressed.

I'm telling ya man, Tesla really turned it out, I was impressed too!

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2005, 04:19:45 PM »

Phooootoooograph! Yeh Def Leppard ruled in the 80's! They could do a really good UK/European tour if they did something similar to this over here but with say Whitesnake or someone like that on the bill as well.

Riot In Everyone!
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2005, 11:00:17 AM »

DEF LEPPARD were glad to help Bob Geldof and his campaign to end Third World poverty by performing at the Live 8 concert in Philadelphia on Saturday (July 2). The band's lead singer Joe Elliott told Launch Radio Networks that he hoped people don't lose sight of the goal while they're enjoying the show. "I think, first and foremost, we've got to realize that it's all for a good cause, and that is the primary objective, is to raise awareness of what's actually happening in Africa," he said. "But at that moment in time, people are gonna be celebrating what's actually happening on, on the stages. People are gonna be tuned in all over the world, watching artists from all over the world doing what they do best, and hopefully raising awareness for what is an extremely serious situation that needs fixing yesterday."

As previously reported, DEF LEPPARD have set a September 20 worldwide release date for their all-covers set, entitled "Yeah!" Guitarist Phil Collen recently told Billboard.com that the song list for the group's all-covers set has yet to be finalized, as the group decided to record more cuts than it originally planned. He confirmed that the album will include "a bunch of stuff ? all '70s stuff. Most of it is songs that we grew up with in England. 'No Matter What' by BADFINGER is going to be the leadoff single. We've done 'Waterloo Sunset' by THE KINKS, T. REX, MOTT THE HOOPLE, ROXY MUSIC and THIN LIZZY. And a lot of it is obscure; it's not the standard stuff. It's not like STONES or BEATLES songs."

DEF LEPPARD's "Rock of Ages", a new two-CD collection of hits, has sold 190,888 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2005, 04:34:21 PM »

'No Matter What' by BADFINGER is going to be the leadoff single.

That's just lazy - they can't use that as the 'single' for two albums!! Plus i don't want that on the album, firstly its not very good, second i already have it (oh yes I have the US only 'Rock of Ages')

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2005, 10:03:54 AM »

I just saw Def Leppard last night, they rocked ok beer  It was Keyspan Park in Brooklyn.  They were tight as hell and Joe Elliot sang his ass off.   All the guys were in great shape.  Everyone was going pretty crazy, I was in the field and everyone was rocking out to the songs.  Definitely well worth seeing them if you are a Def Lep fan.    ok

Bryan Adams was really good too, he played all his hits and a new song from his new Album called Room Service.

All in all a good night but I was standing for like 4 hours straight but it was definitely worth it.  Great Show peace

check it out!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: