Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 09:20:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Bruce Springsteen
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen  (Read 33382 times)
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2007, 12:40:40 AM »

Kudos to Bruce and the E. Street Band..................he edged out Kid Rock for the number 1 spot on the Billboard 200 by only like 773 copies. 

Good to see the Boss on top.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2007, 03:00:42 AM »

Caught a great interview with him on 60 minutes a few weeks ago. If you haven't seen it, do a search and watch it when you get a chance.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2007, 05:24:52 AM »

Bruce: Magic Refused Radio Play

Bruce Springsteen should be very happy. He has the No. 1 album, a possible Grammy for Best Album of the Year, for "Magic," an album full of singles, and a sold-out concert tour.

Alas, there?s a hitch: Radio will not play "Magic." In fact, sources tell me that Clear Channel has sent an edict to its classic rock stations not to play tracks from "Magic." But it?s OK to play old Springsteen tracks such as "Dancing in the Dark," "Born to Run" and "Born in the USA."

Just no new songs by Springsteen, even though it?s likely many radio listeners already own the album and would like to hear it mixed in with the junk offered on radio.

Why? One theory, says a longtime rock insider, "is that the audience knows those songs. Of course, they?ll never know these songs if no one plays them."

"Magic," by the way, has sold more than 500,000 copies since its release on Oct. 2 and likely will hit the million mark. That?s not a small achievement these days, and one that should be embraced by Clear Channel.

But what a situation: The No. 1 album is not being played on any radio stations, according to Radio & Records, which monitors such things. Nothing. The rock songs aren?t on rock radio, the two standout "mellow" tracks ? "Magic" and "Devil?s Arcade" aren?t even on "lite" stations.

The singles-kinda-hits, "Radio Nowhere" and "Living in the Future" ? which would have been hits no questions asked in the '70s, '80s and maybe even the '90s, also are absent from Top 40.

What to do? Columbia Records is said to be readying a remixed version of "The Girls in their Summer Clothes," a poppy Beach Boys-type track that has such a catchy hook fans were singing along to it at live shows before they had the album. Bruce insiders are hopeful that with a push from Sony, "Girls" will triumph.

I?m not so sure.

Clear Channel seems to have sent a clear message to other radio outlets that at age 58 Springsteen simply is too old be played on rock stations. This completely absurd notion is one of many ways Clear Channel has done more to destroy the music business than downloading over the last 10 years. It?s certainly what?s helped create satellite radio, where Springsteen is a staple and even has his own channel on Sirius.

It?s not just Springsteen. There is no sign at major radio stations of new albums by John Fogerty or Annie Lennox, either. The same stations that should be playing Santana?s new singles with Chad Kroeger or Tina Turner are avoiding them, too.

Like Springsteen, these "older" artists have been relegated to something called Triple A format stations ? i.e. either college radio or small artsy stations such as WFUV in the Bronx, N.Y., which are immune from the Clear Channel virus of pre-programming, and where the number of plays per song is a fraction of what it is on commercial radio.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306164,00.html
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2007, 01:03:44 PM »

All good points, probably has something to do with "Radio Nowhere" being a big fuck you to the radio stations also.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »

"Thunder Road" is one of the best songs i have ever heard. i just got Born To Run, fucking awesome stuff.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2007, 03:42:02 PM »

"Thunder Road" is one of the best songs i have ever heard. i just got Born To Run, fucking awesome stuff.

Not one single bad song on there. Now go get Darkness on the Edge of Town
SLCPUNK
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »

I hope the recording industry is a dinosaur soon. No group would be more deserving.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2007, 09:34:51 PM »

Not one single bad song on there. Now go get Darkness on the Edge of Town

sick i'll definitely check that out. i cant believe he was only 25 when he recorded Born To Run.

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2007, 12:04:18 AM »

I wanted to see Bruce and E Street this year, and there were two shows back to back in my area.  But they both sold out almost instantly, so no Bruce for me.   Sad
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2007, 01:05:52 AM »

I wanted to see Bruce and E Street this year, and there were two shows back to back in my area.  But they both sold out almost instantly, so no Bruce for me.   Sad

They'll be doing a much bigger tour or Europe and the US in the spring i hear. So you should get another shot Smiley
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:36 AM »

sick i'll definitely check that out. i cant believe he was only 25 when he recorded Born To Run.

I can't believe either... Jungleland is a masterpiece musically and lyrically

But you won't believe Darkness on the Edge of Town. It's more stripped down than Born to Run, production-wise. But the lyrics are awesome and so is the music. It's my favorite Springsteen album
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

But you won't believe Darkness on the Edge of Town. It's more stripped down than Born to Run, production-wise. But the lyrics are awesome and so is the music. It's my favorite Springsteen album

i got Darkness on The Edge of Town, i've only listened to "Badlands" though(which is excellent), just cuz i've been busy and i still have Born To Run on repeat but i'll get to it.

Magic has gotten rave reviews and sold a shitload, thinking about picking that up soon.

and of course eventually i'm gonna get The River and his other older stuff as well. i'm like obsessed all of a sudden, i'm so pissed i didnt get into his music sooner!! better late than never i guess   Wink
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:10:41 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2007, 12:14:43 AM »

i got Darkness on The Edge of Town, i've only listened to "Badlands" though(which is excellent), just cuz i've been busy and i still have Born To Run on repeat but i'll get to it.

Magic has gotten rave reviews and sold a shitload, thinking about picking that up soon.

and of course eventually i'm gonna get The River and his other older stuff as well. i'm like obsessed all of a sudden, i'm so pissed i didnt get into his music sooner!! better late than never i guess   Wink

He has a lot of great stuff. I haven't heard all of "Magic" yet. Everyone seems to be raving about it though. I haven't been a fan that long myself. I really got into him after seeing him with my dad on their reunion tour in 99.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2007, 06:14:49 PM »

Bruce Springsteen reveals more 2008 dates

Bruce and the E Street Band continue to assemble their US spring jaunt, one date at a time.

The latest additions to the schedule are February and March shows in Hartford, CT, and Rochester, NY, respectively. Previously revealed spring dates are also booked in Buffalo, NY; St. Paul, MN; Anaheim, CA; and Atlanta, GA. The itinerary and on-sale dates are listed below.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers will continue the first leg of their tour tonight (11/15) in Albany, NY. The US portion is due to wrap Monday (11/19) following a two-night stand in Boston, after which Springsteen and company will head to Europe for a nearly four-week trek. Overseas shows can be found at The Boss' website.

The outing, which has expanded as shows have sold out along the way, is Springsteen and the E Street Band's first full-scale tour of the US and Europe since 2003. It launched Oct. 2, the same day their new album, "Magic," hit the streets.

November 2007
15 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center
18-19 - Boston, MA - TD Banknorth Garden

February 2008
28 - Hartford, CT - Hartford Civic Center (on sale 11/19)

March 2008
6 - Rochester, NY - Blue Cross Arena (on sale 11/17)
7 - Buffalo, NY - HSBC Arena (on sale 11/19)
16 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (on sale now)

April 2008
7 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (on sale 11/17)
25 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena (on sale 11/17)

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2007, 06:49:38 PM »

Looks like the south will be late april early mayl
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2007, 12:15:55 AM »

E Street Band member Federici leaves tour
Springsteen keyboard player, 57, to undergo treatment for melanoma
The Associated Press
updated 9:28 a.m. CT, Sat., Nov. 24, 2007

NEWARK, N.J. - An original member of Bruce Springsteen?s E Street Band has melanoma and is taking a leave from the singer?s ?Magic? tour to undergo treatment.

Danny Federici, 57, is ?one of the pillars of our sound,? Springsteen said in a statement Wednesday. Federici plays keyboards.

Charles Giordano, who played with Springsteen last year on the ?Seeger Sessions Tour,? will fill in for Federici.

Fans at Monday?s show in Boston had already heard rumors of Federici?s illness and chanted his name as he and other band members took their bows, The Star-Ledger of Newark reported.
? 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21949400/

Get well soon!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »

Updated tourdates for 2008

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND SET 2008 US TOUR DATES

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band have announced their first series of tour dates for 2008. The extremely successful first leg of Springsteen's 2007-08 tour has drawn ecstatic reviews ranging from Rolling Stone ("Springsteen's New York triumph") to LAT ("Invigorating [and] daring") and Washington Post ("simply great").

Bruce Springsteen's twenty-third album 'Magic' was released October 2 on Columbia Records and debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. 'Magic' has been certified double Platinum in Norway; Platinum in Canada, Ireland, Italy, Holland and Sweden; and Gold in Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K. It was number one on the charts in Austria, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, the U.S. and the pan-European chart.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2008 Tour Dates

Date

City

Venue

On Sale   

2/28   Hartford, CT   HCC Arena   On Sale Now      
3/2   Montreal, QC   Bell Centre   11/24 12:00      
3/3   Hamilton, ONT   Copps Coliseum   On Sale Now      
3/6   Rochester, NY   Blue Cross Arena   Sold out      
3/7   Buffalo, NY   HSBC Arena   On Sale Now      
3/10   Hempstead, NY   Nassau Coliseum   1/19      
3/14   Omaha, NE   Quest Center   12/8      
3/16   St. Paul, MN   Xcel Center   On Sale Now      
3/17   Milwaukee, WI   Bradley Center   11/26 10 a.m.      
3/20   Indianapolis, IN   Canseco Center   12/8      
3/22   Cincinnati, OH   U.S. Bank Arena   12/1      
3/24   Columbus, OH   Schottenstein Center   12/1      
3/28   Portland, OR   The Rose Garden   12/8      
3/29   Seattle, WA   Key Arena   12/8      
3/31   Vancouver, BC   GM Place   11/30 10 a.m.      
4/4   Sacramento, CA   Arco Arena   1/19      
4/5   San Jose, CA   HPPavillion at San Jose   1/21      
4/7   Anaheim, CA   Honda Center   On Sale Now      
4/8   Anaheim, CA   Honda Center   On Sale Now      
4/13   Dallas, TX   TBA   TBA      
4/14   Houston, TX   TBA   TBA      
4/18   Ft Lauderdale, FL   Bank Atlantic Center   12/1      
4/19   Orlando, FL   Amway Arena   12/1      
4/21   Tampa, FL   St. Pete Times Forum   12/1      
4/25   Atlanta, GA   Philips Arena   On Sale Now      
4/27   Charlotte, NC   Charlotte Bobcat Arena   12/7      
4/28   Greensboro, NC   Greensboro Coliseum   12/7      
4/30   Charlottesville, VA   John Paul Jones Arena   TBA      
5/22   Dublin, ?IRE   RDS Arena   11/28 9 a.m.      
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »

Hell yeah, the Boss has captured three Grammys already........still has a chance for best Rock Album too!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2008, 09:59:39 PM »

Thats cool. I really like the new album. I hope it gets best rock album too.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2008, 10:11:30 PM »

Thats cool. I really like the new album. I hope it gets best rock album too.

Nah lost to the new Foo Fighters album.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: