Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:16:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HTGTH t-shirts
Poll
Question: Would you be interested in buying a HTGTH t-shirt?
Yes, but it can't cost more than $10 - 63 (33.3%)
Yes, I'd pay $10-15 - 85 (45%)
Yes, and I'd pay more than $15 for one - 41 (21.7%)
Total Voters: 169

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH t-shirts  (Read 57397 times)
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2005, 05:02:20 PM »

Yeah It looks really nice IQ, so does Spirits peace
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »

That really looks cool, I Q, but I don't think Jarmo could use the band images because of copyright issues.? no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2005, 05:21:48 PM »

I love that t-shirt!!!!!!
Would Axl really sue his own fans, dont answer that Smiley
Anyway as someone said before Here Today Gone To Hell itself might even be a copywright Huh

smoking Izzy? smoking The Newbie

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2005, 05:47:08 PM »

That really looks cool, I Q, but I don't think Jarmo could use the band images because of copyright issues.  no

thanks for the compliments Smiley

we could always get some members of HTGTH to dress up as the band members and make silhouettes of them...lmao

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
StoneTempleRoses
Rocker

Axl Was Here

« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2005, 11:39:25 PM »

do you really think those silhouettes are copyrighted? I dont think they copyright everything, like a picture of Axl isnt copyrighted I dont think.

StoneTempleRoses

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2005, 11:59:11 PM »

do you really think those silhouettes are copyrighted?

I'm not 100% positive but I think any "likeness" of Axl would fall under some kind of copyright protection.? Maybe "copyright" isn't the proper term but I think Axl owns the rights to anything like that silhouette or any other likeness.? I think the only reason that Jarmo would be allowed to use that here is because he's not making any money off it.? Using it on a tee that you would charge people for - even if you're not making a profit on it, I think would be a violation of Axl's ownership rights to his likeness.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2005, 08:17:50 AM »

I'm not 100% positive but I think any "likeness" of Axl would fall under some kind of copyright protection.? Maybe "copyright" isn't the proper term but I think Axl owns the rights to anything like that silhouette or any other likeness.? I think the only reason that Jarmo would be allowed to use that here is because he's not making any money off it.? Using it on a tee that you would charge people for - even if you're not making a profit on it, I think would be a violation of Axl's ownership rights to his likeness.

GypsySoul is right. Like I mentioned in the past, I used to work for a stock photo company (Getty Images) and delt with these issues on a daily basis. Yes, using Axl's or ANYONE'S likeness for ANY purpose other than editorial usage is concidered to be an infringement...not to mention the use of another PHOTOGRAPHER'S property. Using these silhouettes (which originate from someone else's photo...lol...might even be licenced through Getty Images, in fact) would infringe on BOTH the celebrity AND the PHOTOGRAPHER and while chances are they wouldn't sue Jarmo (which is in their rights to do) I'd be willing to bet his phone would be ringing from at least the Photographer (or agency that manages that photo's licence) asking Jarmo to kindly "offer" to pay for the usage of the photo.

Again, that is IF Axl or the Photographer (licencing company) spots it.

Althought...lol...I shit you not...I've run into cases where this same thing has happened BUT it wasn't the photographer or model that found the improper usage, but a random advertising company who calls, let's say Getty Images, and is ready to pay thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of dollars to use a particular image and PAYS for exclusive usage rights (meaning Getty Images cannot allow for another advertiser or anyone else for that matter to use the image for whatever reason). A few weeks down the road someone in that advertising firm spots the photo they paid top dollar for exclusive usage for and calls up Getty Images to demand partial refund (which makes Getty Images very upset and an investigation then ensues to find the deviant and make him/her pay for the money Getty Images lost in the sale).

LOL...I'm not trying to put the fear of God into you, but I also wouldn't want to see Jarmo get caught in a mess like this (because that's what it ALWAYS turned out to be...a big fuckin' mess). If you wanted to use a photo such as the silhouettes for private party napkins or something more contained than these shirts, I'd say go for it. But you're talking about 100 - 200 shirts that will be printed up and shipped all across the globe, possibly end up on ebay or on other websites, and are spotted at concerts and other events (not to mention this 8 page thread discussing it blatently). My advise would be, stay away from photographs...period!? ok

Use words and allusions to GN'R (ie: chinese writing to allude to chinese democracy, bullets, bullet holes, roses, thorns, etc.) in your final design choice.

P.S. -- I REALLY like your design too, IQ! Realize this post IS NOT purposely attacking YOUR idea, but the idea in general.? peace

« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 08:24:45 AM by SINSHINE » Logged

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2005, 10:50:04 AM »

(not to mention this 8 page thread discussing it blatently).

rofl? ?hihi? rofl

I'd be happy enough with just HTGTH written on the t-shirt Smiley
But I'm sure some artistic person here could think of a way to guns n' roses on the shirt (not literaly of course? hihi)

smoking Izzy? smoking

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2005, 02:06:20 PM »

I'm not 100% positive but I think any "likeness" of Axl would fall under some kind of copyright protection.  Maybe "copyright" isn't the proper term but I think Axl owns the rights to anything like that silhouette or any other likeness.  I think the only reason that Jarmo would be allowed to use that here is because he's not making any money off it.  Using it on a tee that you would charge people for - even if you're not making a profit on it, I think would be a violation of Axl's ownership rights to his likeness.
That silhouette could be anybody, so no, I don't think it would fall under that copyright bullshit.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2005, 02:16:33 PM »

yeah, how can they say it's axl rose, it could be any guy with his arms up?
silouhette are fine. drawing maybe not, but silouhette .....

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2005, 02:22:27 PM »

Only blind people and those who consider Britney Spears "rock" wouldn't recognize that silhouette as Axl.  Roll Eyes

neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2005, 02:30:31 PM »

didnt you read SINSHINE post?

yes even if its the silouhette they can sue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2005, 02:46:08 PM »

- There's not gonna be any pictures on the shirt other than the HTGTH logo.

- Guns N' Roses won't be mentioned either.

I'm not interested in finding out I shouldn't have used GN'R's name after been served legal papers.? Tongue

I don't think I need to use GN'R's name to sell t-shirts. Besides, it's kinda fun having a t-shirt which might not make any sense to most people.? hihi

<-- Like the one in my avatar. You could wear it to church and most people wouldn't have any idea what it means. Wink

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 02:52:24 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2005, 02:51:52 PM »

I'm not interested in finding out I shouldn't have used GN'R's name after been seved legal papers.? Tongue
/jarmo

But have you considered all the money you could make auctioning off that cease & desist order on e-bay?  hihi

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2005, 02:55:42 PM »

I don't care what's on it as long as I don't have to wait as long as I've been waiting for CD to get it? Grin
p.s? how's the money transaction gonna work (not that I don't trust you, but more because you probably don't trust me hihi ).

smoking Izzy? smoking

SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2005, 09:16:52 PM »

yes even if its the silouhette they can sue

Correct...because it would be matched to the photograph it was taken from.

Trust me. Photographs (other than those taken by Jarmo or commissioned by Jarmo) should NOT be used in ANY way.

We wouldn't want to see Jarmo swapping T-shirt making for licence plate making, now, would we?  Wink

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2005, 12:30:09 AM »

We wouldn't want to see Jarmo swapping T-shirt making for licence plate making, now, would we?? Wink
Maybe we would.? yes

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2005, 04:47:23 AM »

We wouldn't want to see Jarmo swapping T-shirt making for licence plate making, now, would we?? Wink
Maybe we would.? yes

I want one of these aswell? Grin

smoking Izzy? smoking

chris7060
Opening Act

G-N-R Rules

« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2005, 01:34:46 PM »

Hey Jarmo,
I know of an internet company that prints t-shirts.  I can create the art work and have it put on different types of shirts.  You can choose shirt types, sizes & colors.  They even have sexy female tops.  I can prepare everything and get it rolling with your permission.  I will design it any way you want (legally) with full color.  Examples of prices are white t-shirts size large full color on the front and back are between $19 and $25 with shipping.  People can purchase them right off of the internet using a credit card.
SINSHINE
VIP

« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2005, 02:44:17 PM »

- There's not gonna be any pictures on the shirt other than the HTGTH logo.

- Guns N' Roses won't be mentioned either.

/jarmo

I think that's a wise idea. However, I'm in favor of having something to depict the band. Something subtle that only a fan would understand (or someone else after having it explained to them). For example, think of all the Fn' (I hate the) Grateful Dead rip off shirts you see around. Maybe the name isn't used on 'em, but you can't copywright the use of a drawn skeleton and that happens to be an image associated with that band.

I think something subtle, that is in no way an infringement, would be coolest. A plain shirt with JUST the abreviation or web address would look too much like an advertisement on a walking billboard.

peace

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: