Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:29:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)  (Read 50366 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2005, 10:07:02 PM »

hey if a gnr fan can't enjoy hearing good news / positive indicators....
they can always go back to read the posts/news from December 6, 2002...
and if that doesn't do it for ya - you can go back and read all the news articles from when we found out Buckethead quit
ooo and to top off the night - like icing on a cake if you will ---  go read through the news results from when the S+D lawsuit was filed against Axl...

my point is - whether anything means the cd is coming out whenever....

we are hearing that it IS in fact coming out
when on 12/6/02 - I'll never forget how down I was and worred about any future for Axl & GN'R

we are hearing from one of my favorite new GN'R members...    love Tommy  love
and its about the fuckin' album that we have been waitin' on for frickin' YEARS!!!!
shit... if only you count from HOB 01/01/01 its four years since Axl spoke of it saying "which god willing we will finish"

well - I''m always fuckin' happy to hear indicators that this album is indeed coming out
and that I will see GN'R live again  ok
so what the hell.. .enjoy  beer
god is apparently willing!   Grin
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2005, 11:02:55 PM »

pilferk I appreciate the intelligent post.  I have always been like that when I am unsatisfied with a product.  There is a short list of restaraunts that I do refuse to go to because of poor service and treatment I received.  All I will say in regard to your response on downloading/copying is that I think the time commitment and effort I made to the plans and travel for that show for my friends and I outweighs the price of that CD.  Axl and more importantly the record company will just have to accept the fact that I am getting the value of not only the lost money in convenience fees which I ate for 4 people (thanks ticketmaster!) but also the value of my time that I spent coordinating travel and being the one to buy the tickets for that show. 

As for the artist argument, while I understand what you are saying, Tied-Up's explanation is BS.  He has that an artist creates for himself.  My argument is that people DO create art to show to the masses.  If they are that serious about it then they will do it.  They want people to see what they created and they want to share it with people.  I didnt talk about the financial benefits of doing it.  Only that it is a goal of any artist to get their art shown to the masses.  Is that sometimes fueled by the dream of financial success.  Of course it is.  But what Tied-Up said was that they only do it for themselves.  Which my response to him then, is why do you go out and play shows?  Why do you sell shirts and CD's?  Obviously if his band hasnt reached this status yet then it doesnt apply to him, but I guarantee even if they are not in this position yet, they are striving for it.  That "acceptance" he mentions in his post is a lot more than he says it is no matter what he says.

The bigger problem I could potentially face is IF (and I still think it wont happen) GNR goes on tour again.  I have never seen them and have been a fan since 1991.  I will most likely try and find a way to get tix for free since I do know a few people involved in the corporate side of various arenas around the country.  If I dont get in for free, aka not give Axl my money, I am saying right now that I wont go.  If I do then you can all slam me for that, but I still will not pay money for Chinese Democracy or any other GNR merchandise. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2005, 11:31:21 PM »

Kick Ass post War41!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the board! ok ok

i agree art is to be shared and axl will share it but he's making sure none of his colors run together and everything is perfect before he shares it

trust me when CD is finished we will receive it but u cant rush art and u cant rush a masterpiece

when axl feels its complete we will hear it but not a moment sooner.

ive came to terms and have accepted that

i understand being pissed off about the money side

but dude u cant honestly tell me u wont buy CD

i can understand not attending any shows

but u and everyone have waited too long to not buy that cd and there are two sides to every story

so at least wait till axl gives an explanation before you go through with not buying CD.

personally i think u will buy the cd cause its been way to long of a wait not too
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 11:34:11 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2005, 11:44:40 PM »

Axl and more importantly the record company will just have to accept the fact that I am getting the value of not only the lost money in convenience fees which I ate for 4 people (thanks ticketmaster!) but also the value of my time that I spent coordinating travel and being the one to buy the tickets for that show.

ummm, so you are assuming the position that it was Axl and the band's fault without knowing exactly what went down. Tommy indicated that the promoter had something to do with the cancellations; this at least opens the door to the possiblity that axl wasn't wigging out and failed to show.

I would hope before you decide to buy CD or not, you at least take the time to explore the reasons why Philly blew up.

ll we really know is that Axl did not make it for the first show of his tour (and I am sure you were so understanding when that happened) and he missed the Philly show.  Given his past history are you seriously going to believe that he had nothing to do with it?

jeez. You are assuming. I wouldn't do that when it comes to pinning down someone as private and legal minded as the redhead.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 11:48:31 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2005, 11:52:53 PM »

killing vector, I really do understand what you are saying.  But guess what?  Nobody has told us anything.  Sorry but I am not going to buy into this he said she said game that GNR and Clear Channel are playing.  Something that I CANNOT ignore is Axl's history.  This guy has pulled no shows/walk offs/temper tantrums before.  It may very well have been Clear Channels fault, but come on... two times in half of a tour is ridiculous.  So while I hate to assume he is guilty until proven innocent that is the stance I am going to take.  And yes, I am blaming Axl and not the rest of the band. 
jgfnsr
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2005, 11:58:07 PM »

What's all this bullshit about "protesting with your wallet?"

I can understand if you're talking about any possible live shows involving GN'R in the future. ?Those have ALWAYS had a "buyer beware/enter at your own risk" element to 'em. ?hihi

BUT...

There is nobody - and I mean NOBODY - who is gonna come on this board and actually have the balls to say they wouldn't buy Chinese Democracy, whenever it comes out, as some sort of "protest."

And I'll bet my "phallus" on that!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2005, 12:05:11 AM »

killing vector, I really do understand what you are saying.  But guess what?  Nobody has told us anything.  Sorry but I am not going to buy into this he said she said game that GNR and Clear Channel are playing.  Something that I CANNOT ignore is Axl's history.  This guy has pulled no shows/walk offs/temper tantrums before.  It may very well have been Clear Channels fault, but come on... two times in half of a tour is ridiculous.  So while I hate to assume he is guilty until proven innocent that is the stance I am going to take.  And yes, I am blaming Axl and not the rest of the band. 

then I cannot understand where you are coming from.  Like the rest of us, you have no idea what happened with philly but you are willing to jump to conclusions. As pilfrek pointed out, Vancouver was not axl's fault. I think you should read up on what happened before leveling that accusation.

Well, enjoy being alone with your principles. I will buy an extra copy of chinese democray and an extra seat on the tour just to cover your absence. So why go on with this protest then?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
jgfnsr
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2005, 12:20:27 AM »

And if by some miracle (and I really think it would take a miracle) it does get released, I will not buy it.? This is my way of getting back at them for not playing the show that I had 3rd row tix for.? I don't care whos fault it was, the bottom line is that they werent there when they were scheduled to be and we still have no official explanation for it.? I'll get the music somehow and I will listen to it, but Axl Rose and company will never get my financial support through cd's, shirts, or shows ever again.?

At first I thought we were all just talking hypothetically.  But then I started backtracking through the thread and found that there actually WAS somebody claiming that they would not buy the new album when it came out!   Roll Eyes

Man, c'mon, will ya give me a break?  Just a little itsy bitsy teeny weeny one? 

There have been those on this site that have been faaaaaar more bitter, sceptical, fed-up, pissed off, and just plain sick of W. Axl Rose than you.

But guess what?

Every fucking last one of 'em will buy Chinese Democracy the day it is released.

AND SO WILL YOU.  yes
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2005, 12:26:49 AM »

Phallus I'd like to take that bet....

vector, what baffles me is why you and everyone else are so upset that I am doing this.  Does it really bother you that much I do not want to support Axl Rose financially anymore?  I have said this to people a few years ago on different boards and people say the same thing (I will buy a copy for you, etc.).  It just blows my mind.  If your money is going to be used to cover the fact that I am not going to purchase his album then I feel sorry for you.  You should save your money and do something else with it.  As for the comment about the tour, I know you won't be buying an extra seat, and even if you do you will scalp it so I will call your bluff there. 

I hate to go on a tirade, but it is fans like you that let this BS go on.  I will use a sports analogy.  If your team sucks, egos are out of control, nobody gets along, and the coach is god awful what do you do?  You stop going to support them until there is a change.  You do not waste your hard earned money on that team.  I feel the exact same way about the new GNR merchandise that has been released.  Why buy it?  While I do not want to start a fashion debate here I just cannot understand the logic.  This is the same band who has let you down (insert number) times.  While it is an extreme anology its like having your family member get killed by one of Charlie's Angels and then proudly displaying a shirt with Manson's face on it. 

Last I heard about Vancouver Axl's flight got delayed that he was taking the night of the show.  Apparently he was in the air on the way when the show was cancelled.  Sorry, that is BS, he should have been there already.  I dont want to hear the whole 'Axl doesnt do that he makes his own rules' sorry excuse.  I know there are others who would agree with me on that one.  If there is something else that happened please let me know. 

What is funny is that I am still arguing my points, but I still believe this album will never be released.  So I guess my arguments are all hypothetically speaking. 

Oh and when I tried to post this I saw Phallus' response.  No seriously, I will not be buying this album.  I promise you that.  Why am I here you may ask?  Because GNR are truly my favorite band ever.  But that doesnt mean I like the people behind the music. 

I am editing this because of my comment about GNR letting people down.  That was a stupid comment, I know there are plenty of people here who have experienced them live and had positive experiences with the band.  Even though I havent seen them live I still appreciate the music they have given me.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 12:29:09 AM by WAR41 » Logged
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2005, 12:30:49 AM »

Does it really bother you that much I do not want to support Axl Rose financially anymore? 

so why do you feel the need to express and defend your thoughts here as vehemently as you have? Usually an absence of action doesn't motivate one to act unless it's politically motivated. So you won't buy CD or go to a show, who cares. I'm merely trying to point out that you are basing your actions on a huge assumption of culpability. You could be wrong.

And i do have money to toss around; I will buy you a seat and give it away for free. That's the kind of guy I am.

Last I heard about Vancouver Axl's flight got delayed that he was taking the night of the show.  Apparently he was in the air on the way when the show was cancelled.  Sorry, that is BS, he should have been there already.  I dont want to hear the whole 'Axl doesnt do that he makes his own rules' sorry excuse.  I know there are others who would agree with me on that one.  If there is something else that happened please let me know.

Axl was running late, the venue manager got scared and cancelled the show before Axl got there. It was the venue's fault.

I hate to go on a tirade, but it is fans like you that let this BS go on.  I will use a sports analogy.  If your team sucks, egos are out of control, nobody gets along, and the coach is god awful what do you do?  You stop going to support them until there is a change.  You do not waste your hard earned money on that team.  I feel the exact same way about the new GNR merchandise that has been released.  Why buy it?  While I do not want to start a fashion debate here I just cannot understand the logic.  This is the same band who has let you down (insert number) times.  While it is an extreme anology its like having your family member get killed by one of Charlie's Angels and then proudly displaying a shirt with Manson's face on it.

huh? You don't know me. Don't pretend to and don't assume my actions will be one way or another. This is your 'logic' 's biggest failing.

Oh and when I tried to post this I saw Phallus' response.  No seriously, I will not be buying this album.  I promise you that.  Why am I here you may ask?  Because GNR are truly my favorite band ever.  But that doesnt mean I like the people behind the music.

Well, then I will kindly ignore you and discuss this news with people who do care about chinese democracy because this is a Guns N Roses board.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 12:34:40 AM by killingvector » Logged

jgfnsr
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2005, 12:33:17 AM »

Oh and when I tried to post this I saw Phallus' response.? No seriously, I will not be buying this album.? I promise you that.? Why am I here you may ask?? Because GNR are truly my favorite band ever.? But that doesnt mean I like the people behind the music.?

In the end though, you really won't be getting even with Axl or the record company. ?They won't know you refused to buy the record, nor would they give a damn if they did.

My point is, why go on this one-man crusade when, in the end, you could be missing out on a great album???

But whatever, to each his own...

(I still think you'll buy it) ?hihi
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2005, 12:35:51 AM »

You are right, I am wasting my time here.... enjoy the wait!!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2005, 01:06:48 AM »

It's sad that I have no idea what to make of this ... if it were 2002 I'd be thrilled, but I'm sorry to say that's no longer the case.  Because Tommy has been running his mouth for years, while changiing what is coming out of that on a much more frequent basis, I can no longer get my hopes up regardless of what he says.  Perhaps he should consider the story of the boy who cried wolf ...

Hope it's true, but can't bring myself to beleive it.  Kind of a sad statement, but one the band forced on me.   no

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
madagas
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2005, 07:35:25 AM »

Just to set the record straight-Tommy is by far my favorite member of the new group. I just think that he is intentionally vague and all over the board with his comments for a reason....ie he cannot say anything regarding the release date, tracklisting etc. It could be just a game he is playing. I don't know and don't care anymore. What I do care about in his comments are his opinions on the material. He seems so excited about the record and how good it is. Brain seemed excited as well. Fuck it, only two things are important to me-a release date and the final tracklisting for the album! Until then, it is all speculation and spinning our wheels. peace
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2005, 07:50:24 AM »

Axl's not gonna let us down.? He is going to make sure this whole thing is as beautiful as we think it can be...

no axl rose never lets down his fans... lol
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2005, 08:47:42 AM »

What the fuck is going on here??? I thought everyone would be feeling really happy about GnR at the moment! Even the negative dickheads! All these twats saying that they wont buy the album when it comes out! Of course you fucking will!! Even if you really ent going to, why do you come and use this site to tell everyone? Who on this site really cares if you people want to bitch and moan about axl and the band and inform us all that your  not gonna buy CD? Get over yourselves!! Seems like your wasting your own time if you are really that dissillusioned and not interested in GnR now!!

Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2005, 09:03:59 AM »

What the fuck is going on here??? I thought everyone would be feeling really happy about GnR at the moment! Even the negative dickheads!

What are you talking about??? What's going in GNR at the moment that can do us happy. What??? And please don't talk about publishing deal beecause it has nothing to do with CD release or Tommy - because he knows nothing .

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2005, 09:08:07 AM »

What the fuck is going on here??? I thought everyone would be feeling really happy about GnR at the moment! Even the negative dickheads!

What are you talking about??? What's going in GNR at the moment that can do us happy. What??? And please don't talk about publishing deal beecause it has nothing to do with CD release or Tommy - because he knows nothing .

Exactly... ohhhhh wait!!!! The Google search says that Chinese Democracy is coming!!! you can get excited about that cant you?HuhHuhHuh
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2005, 09:49:32 AM »

it says April now!  Lips Sealed

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2005, 11:56:06 AM »

sanctuary was quoting to saying it had some to do with releaseing CD did it not>?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: