Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:15:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy on q1043 (was: Chinese democracy news on radio?)  (Read 50274 times)
dboyd13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2005, 11:13:20 PM »

Wow,
          great interview!   Sounds like the new album is ready to roll!!!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2005, 11:16:38 PM »

So...

he musics done...its been done, eh?

Alright, maybe I dont know the whole process and shit but, to me, this would mean that the albums been mixed and all that shit, and done means done. So, how long can an album that is DONE, sit around before its released? Is there a chance in hell that the label would nt want this out as soon as fucking possible. No fucking way. If the album isnt out by May, then this is bullshit.

Now, I have heard the band members say a whole lot of shit about CD, but the one thing I have never heard is, "The musics done, its been done." That is major!

Now for the first time in 2 Years...I am genuinely excited again. Goddamnit!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2005, 11:20:17 PM »

So...

he musics done...its been done, eh?

Alright, maybe I dont know the whole process and shit but, to me, this would mean that the albums been mixed and all that shit, and done means done. So, how long can an album that is DONE, sit around before its released? Is there a chance in hell that the label would nt want this out as soon as fucking possible. No fucking way. If the album isnt out by May, then this is bullshit.

Now, I have heard the band members say a whole lot of shit about CD, but the one thing I have never heard is, "The musics done, its been done." That is major!

yeah i dont think it will be long now before we get an announcement about the release date and the first single. Im thinking in the next 2-3 weeks we will hear official news.
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2005, 11:27:12 PM »

Didn't everone assume the music was done at this point anyway?   confused  Doesn't shed any light on a CD release date.
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2005, 11:31:06 PM »

Exactly! It's a far cry from the "hairs breadth"-type comments. I truly believe we're in the final stretch right now and there's nothing left to do but announce a release date.

Didn't everone assume the music was done at this point anyway?     Doesn't shed any light on a CD release date.

Yeah some of us assumed it was done, but we have never actually heard from Tommy that the music is absolutely done, and been done at that...

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2005, 11:40:53 PM »

Staggering.  beer  smoking  yes

I've seen enough.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2005, 11:51:38 PM »

thanks to the mp3 hosted by the new guns forum...

transcribed by me
-------------------------------------

Out of the Box: Allright let me ask the Guns N' Roses question

Tommy Stinson: Pop it out.

Out of the Box:: Tell us where that is now... tell us the name of the album, because I forgot already... it's supposed... is it Chinese...? What's...

Tommy Stinson: The record is going to be called Chinese Democracy, unless something should change in that -- I don't think it will. uhm... and it will hopefully be out this -- early on this year

Out of the Box:: in 2005?

Tommy Stinson: Yeah, and we'll get out and tour behind it and do all the stuff that you do behind a rock record

Out of the Box:: Right

Tommy Stinson: (Inaudible)

Out of the Box:: (laughs) Yeah, hopefully. We love that. Um.. you did a show at the Garden with Guns N' Roses

Tommy Stinson: Yeah

Out of the Box:: About a year or more ago at this point

Tommy Stinson: 2 years ago now

Out of the Box:: 2 years ago.... then the craziness... incident in Philadelphia where the show was cancelled or something, right?

Tommy Stinson: Yeah, there was a there was a problem with the.. with the promoting aspect of that tour... they pulled the plug on it and I can't really go into it

Out of the Box:: Right...

Tommy Stinson: needless to say it wasn't our fault

Out of the Box:: Okay

Tommy Stinson: Wasn't Axl's fault

Out of the Box:: Good

Tommy Stinson: His slate and our slate is clean. He just gets the blame for it because thats where people like to throw the blame - at him

Out of the Box:: So as you're in guns n roses... and when you do that... when you have... you know when you're actually working with him...are you writing with him? Are you just rehearsing and.. the songs with him when he's ready to go into the studio? or?

Tommy Stinson: No. We we all kinda... we kinda all work together. It's a strange process Ive never done before but basically its eight people collaborating on said tidbits of music or you know stuff we work up it can be any number of things.. I think all of us so far have brought in pieces of music that we've worked into the bew record in one form or another and for the most part its a total collaborative effort - him involved and us all involved and kinda mushing stuff around and trying to make songs out of it I think the outcome of that has been extrodinary
like I hadn't - I hadn't done that before with the replacements was all Paul wrote the songs and kinda dictated what we were gonna do and stuff where Axl is more of a inclusive kind of guy and uh --

Out of the Box:: So thats good to know. A lot of people might think otherwise of Axl --

Tommy Stinson: Yeah, yeah -- that's kinda why I wanted to talk about it...

Out of the Box: Because of (inaudible) reputation

Tommy Stinson: ...because people kinda have this whole different thing on him - and its not really up to me to destroy the myth, but -

Out of the Box:: Of course -

Tommy Stinson: But the one myth I can destroy is that - he is very much a collaborator. Pretty much produced this record as far as I'm concerned. And the stuff that is on it - I'm VERY proud of. I think it's amazng

Out of the Box:: Really?

Tommy Stinson: The things I heard before I went on tour were.. were absolutely awesome to me.. so....

Out of the Box:: Where are the.. .are the tracks pretty much done and they're just trying to find a date to release or there're a few more things to do?

Tommy Stinson: The artwork, all those little things like that, getting all the, you know...the particulars, the little bits done...

Out of the Box:: Right

Tommy Stinson: ...so they can actually get a release date and put it out

Out of the Box:: So the music is done?

Tommy Stinson: The music's DONE

Out of the Box:: Oh, okay.

Tommy Stinson: It's BEEN done... for a while

Out of the Box: Wow, we can't wait to hear it. Come by with a few copies will ya? (laughs)

The new album from Tommy Stinson. Village Gorilla Head. Check it out in stores. sanctuaryrecords.com tommystinson.com Tommy playing at Southpaw in Brooklyn this coming Thursday night February 3rd and...

...Tommy its been a pleasure man

Tommy Stinson: Thank you very much

Out of the Box:: Please come back

Tommy Stinson: Thank you.

Out of the Box:: Open invitation. Brand new Tommy Stinson now. 'Something's Wrong' Out of the Box: on Q104.3
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 06:24:18 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2005, 12:16:30 AM »

So...

I think Buddha Master is ready to offer his stool sample...   hihi
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2005, 12:34:10 AM »

All I have to say is I could possibly believe Q104.3 doing stuff, but PLJ is adult contemporary, and there's no reason for them to say anything about GNR. Just my two cents. Anyway. I read the Tommy interview, and I'm very very hopeful. I am looking forward to the next few months to see what happens.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2005, 12:59:28 AM »

this is VERY good...things appear to be finally moving towards a release
DemocracyRose
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2005, 02:07:25 AM »

Great to hear Tommy saying: It's BEEN done... for a while Thanks Eva...

But its no news... We have heard it before... But im positive now... Soon soon.........................
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2005, 02:32:14 AM »

Great to hear Tommy saying: It's BEEN done... for a while Thanks Eva...

But its no news... We have heard it before... But im positive now... Soon soon.........................

Soon enought to uhhh lets say, add one zero to your avatar test?

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2005, 02:34:44 AM »

i live in the tri state area and i was in the car this morning and on q1043 i heard new guns n' roses album to be released sonn and it said someone from the band would be in the studio (i couldn't hear who they said but it didnt sound like tommy, who would be the likely one) and a friend of mine said he heard on 95.5 plj that gnr would be releasing something next week with new songs on it im not trying to start bullshit.

Eat a Dick?? rant

Considering this turned out to be legit I'd say you should be eating your words atm and apoligizing to chinesedemocracy05...
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2005, 02:37:59 AM »

i live in the tri state area and i was in the car this morning and on q1043 i heard new guns n' roses album to be released sonn and it said someone from the band would be in the studio (i couldn't hear who they said but it didnt sound like tommy, who would be the likely one) and a friend of mine said he heard on 95.5 plj that gnr would be releasing something next week with new songs on it im not trying to start bullshit.

Eat a Dick?? rant

Considering this turned out to be legit I'd say you should be eating your words atm and apoligizing to chinesedemocracy05...

HAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAHAHA
Wow, what exactly are the fuckin chances. After all these fake rumours. Well Ill take it back  peace, but his friend can still eat a dick untill I hear a new Gn'r song

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
True Believer
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2005, 03:09:44 AM »

The MUSIC, that he refers to as "done.  It's BEEN done. " sounds to me like it could be just the instrumental parts.  The Music.  The VOCALS might be a different thing entirely.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2005, 03:28:16 AM »

Music means instrumental parts AND vocals Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 03:32:16 AM by hackvresse » Logged

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
SLG
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2005, 03:56:32 AM »

The MUSIC, that he refers to as "done.? It's BEEN done. " sounds to me like it could be just the instrumental parts.? The Music.? The VOCALS might be a different thing entirely.

Tommy Stinson: The artwork, all those little things like that, getting all the, you know...the particulars, the little bits done...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2005, 05:42:18 AM »

Thanks Eva GnRAxlRosette for the transcript.  ok
Great news, huh?  peace

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2005, 08:27:04 AM »

i'd do a backflip right now but i'm in the school library.. plus i'm afraid that i'll crack my skull open and will never get to hear CD when its SO close right now.. how much would that suck to have something bad happen when CD is THIS close to release? that's it.. i'm movin into a bubble until CD's released!  nervous

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2005, 08:38:49 AM »

Unfuckinnnn believable - first the publishing deal, now Tommy, all we need now is for the hermit to come out of hibernation and deliver the news we've been waiting for! ROCK N' ROLL

Would anyone like to guess what we're gonna see first? Press release? Website update?

Here today...ready to rock
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: