Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:31:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?  (Read 16133 times)
greekmule
Rocker

she's so beatifully broken...

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2004, 06:44:43 AM »

Terrible idea.MC is the exact opposite of what nuGNR is tryin to be.
However i'd love to see nuGNR tour with bands such as Linkin Park or the Deftones.That would be some heavy shit

homo homini lupus...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2004, 07:37:40 AM »

I don't understand this board's fascination with Motley Crue. I quite like MC, maybe I will see them next year on tour, but to me they were in a diffrent league to Guns n' Roses. For me, Axl could equally tour with Judas Priest or ACDC, and that would be much cooler than Motley Crue.

I agree with that he would do better to tour with a newer or more alternative band - personally I would hate to see him open for Linkin Park, Oasis even worse (I hate those wankers). NIN would be cool but it would be difficult to say whether it would work until we hear some of the new material.

Maybe MUSE, now that would be fucking cool. They are awesome live, they have a really progressive feeling and yet still rock, and its quite an epic experience. Whether Matt Belamy and Axl would get on well, but who the hell would get on with him?!

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2004, 08:58:46 AM »

They already tried that once.

No need to try to repeat history.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
takeshi
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2004, 09:46:03 AM »

I think the answer is obvious, Axl shouldn't tour with motley crap.  He should tour with Fiona Apple, then they could both storm off stage every night.  Grin
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2004, 10:06:20 AM »

nah.. i love motley crue but gnr would be better off having jet or something open for em..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2004, 10:22:14 AM »

Nine Inch Nails, maybe! But not U2. The day i see GNR and U2 on the same stage, then i gotto reconsider my GNR fanstatus! U2 is a poor band! Plays poor music! And they play two totaly different musicstyles!

Nin and GNR would be the greatest thing happening!
Motley Crue and GNR would also be awsome! But it wont happen!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2004, 10:50:49 AM »

I head MC runs their tracks on the system and Vince sings over them...because when they closed out the Game show Awards the other night some1 said that he didnt sing the chorus because he cant hit th ehigh notes anymore so he just let the studio take over...

They always had backin tracks on dr.feelgod- some errors occured under that performance, it was funny as hell hihi

Guess it won't happen, maybe contraband would fit, but gnr seem a little different than them

maybe a new band, that not hit it big yet?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fixintodie
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2004, 11:08:20 AM »

I hope you were joking about The Darkness - they're a shitty parody of the kind of music GNR, Queen, Motley Crue make. GNR are serious musicians. God, fuck that.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2004, 12:44:32 PM »

I don't understand this board's fascination with Motley Crue
Same here. its seems lots of people on this board are into hair-metal/metal/heavy-metal/indus-metal or everything that contains the word "Metal". I though GN'R fans were mainly ROCK fans. You know it worries me when I see a GN'R record in "metal-section" in music stores. seeing the name "Guns n' Roses" in the same section as craddle of filth, panthera, or any oither silly Metal bands is weird confused? I think it's not the right place for GN'R. It's not metal, never was and never will be. And I also don't want to see the name GN'R beeing associated with anything metal (to tour with a metal band or anything like that).
Let's play Rock n' Roll, not Metal.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 12:47:52 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
using my illusions
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2004, 01:27:13 PM »

i can't believe a guns n' roses fan would even suggest that...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2004, 01:31:14 PM »

yep, I'm sure the same would also suggest...Poison. or maybe Cinderella? confused

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2004, 01:36:03 PM »

I have seen a bunch of GNR fans suggest they tour with a band like Lincoln Park.....that only happens if GNR plans on opening for them. In the musical landscape they need to worry about getting their name back out there with a strong album before talk of a tour should even be suggested.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »

yep, I'm sure the same would also suggest...Poison. or maybe Cinderella? confused

thats's stupid, those band copied motley and gnr toured with motley b4

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2004, 01:51:51 PM »

Ok, someone on here suggested GNR touring with U2.  Now I think U2 is a very good band, but it's not even the same music.  There is now way GNR would tour with U2.  It's like saying that GNR should tour with Duran Duran.  C-Mon  no

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2004, 02:43:57 PM »

I don't understand this board's fascination with Motley Crue
Same here. its seems lots of people on this board are into hair-metal/metal/heavy-metal/indus-metal or everything that contains the word "Metal". I though GN'R fans were mainly ROCK fans. You know it worries me when I see a GN'R record in "metal-section" in music stores. seeing the name "Guns n' Roses" in the same section as craddle of filth, panthera, or any oither silly Metal bands is weird confused  I think it's not the right place for GN'R. It's not metal, never was and never will be. And I also don't want to see the name GN'R beeing associated with anything metal
I must agree on this one partly.
I don't consider metal rock silly at all and I know some of AFD songs are quite LA metalish.
However GNR on the whole is above petty sectionalism or genres, especially now. Well, maybe it's been Hard rock up to now.

I?ve got Bad news for you.
In many countries GN'R is put into a category of heavy metal. It's been so from the start.
You would find GN'R records more than often in "metal-section" at record shops along with bloody Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith.. among matal bands like Craddle of filth, Panthera, Poison Cinderella, Metallica and so on. Mostly metal magazines write about them. Although Their Fav is VR at the moment, those Metal writers never fucking leave Axl alone.

Really You  haven't heard of that? Huh
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2004, 02:59:16 PM »

Yeah GN'R and U2 play different music- but who exactly plays the "same" music as GN'R? Anyway, virtually every GN'R fan I know likes U2 as well. They would definitely be contrasting sets in style- but it would also be a mega-tour of the two most important rock bands of the last 20 years and would give the new band an opportunity to shine. It would easily be the tour of the decade. I think that's the kind of thing Axl wants to be a part of. I don't think he's too interested in playing half-full arenas in Fargo, ND with whoever today's Buckcherry is just because they have an album that's 1/10 as good as AFD.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2004, 03:12:49 PM »

U2 is not an important band! They dont make good music! And the two bands are too different.
GNR should get someone who people are intrested in seeing  beer

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2004, 03:24:22 PM »

A tour with U2 wouldn't happen because A) U2 doesn't need GNR to sell out arenas, and B) Axl would never be willing to open for them, and U2 would most certainly be considered the headlining act in a GNR/U2 tour, no matter how much Guns fans might think otherwise.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2004, 03:26:39 PM »

A tour with U2 wouldn't happen because A) U2 doesn't need GNR to sell out arenas, and B) Axl would never be willing to open for them, and U2 would most certainly be considered the headlining act in a GNR/U2 tour, no matter how much Guns fans might think otherwise.

DITTO

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2004, 04:23:19 PM »

I agree that it is highly unlikely- why would U2 ever want to put their practically spotless international reputation on the line by playing with a band that seems to pack trouble in their luggage everytime they hit the road? Bono does need to subject his reputation to Axl's bullshit.

I'm just saying that if Axl could ever pull his shit together and behave himself- a tour with U2 and access to all those fans could damn well save his career.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: