Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 11:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Motley Crue to tour with GnR?  (Read 16103 times)
CoMa UK
Headliner

« on: December 16, 2004, 10:23:20 PM »

Yes or No? Good or bad idea?

Personally, i'd love it, 2 of the most badass bands on the planet in one night? How can you say no? Failing that, whack The Darkness in then! Tongue

Oh hey everyone, aint posted in a while!  peace
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 10:27:56 PM »

I don't think GNR wants to be in the same boat as Motley Crue.  It would seem too much of like an 80's reunion.  I think GNR wants to show people that they have moved on and that there music will be relevant to today's standards.  They need to tour with a band that is big with young folk of today. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 10:47:04 PM »

This isn't a good or bad idea...it's a  t e r r i b l e  idea, and obviously won't happen. 

GNR transcends time.  Motley Crue (while I enjoy some of their tunes) is unmistakably "old."

Yes, I realize there will be several follow-ups reminding me that we have heard only a handful of new songs in the past 13 years...but...Axl is a genuine friggin enigma, a mystery, and whether or not people want to see him because they don't know what the hell he's gonna do, or they're really into the older material, it doesn't matter.  Crue, in my eyes, only offers more of the same old.

And another point about relevance...some folks have knocked Axl for waiting so long and songs written 5 years ago aren't "relevant" anymore...this is utter bullshit.  Axl's lyrics, as I mentioned this word in my intro., transcend time.  That's what great music does.  It stands the test of time. 

If Axl really wants it, he'll rise to the top.  I really don't believe he was ready to take on the challenge in 2002.  He was not mentally or physically prepared, and made the right decision to fold that hand.  If he comes back strong he's set, but if he pulls a Mike Tyson...well, you know the rest. Smiley 

Back to Crue:  there's no way anyone regularly appearing on a show as bad as Surreal Life can be taken seriously.    hihi

Sincerely,
Axl4Prez          Anyone agree with me? 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 10:57:10 PM »

I can't see this happening either.  I just don't think Axl would even consider it.  If an opportunity to tour with U2 or NIN developed, he may consider that, but definitely not the Crue...
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 11:01:24 PM »

I like motley crue

but the have so much female nudity, badboy antics, offensive(4some) lyrics and wild shows

and gnr today seems to be on another track, building up a different profile

i hoped for judas priest(feb release and 05 tour) but they already married

who knows who they hook up with, metallica?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
bad tripp
Headliner

Here Today... Probably Here Tommorrow

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 11:10:27 PM »

Did it ever occur to anyone that that Vince Neil and Axl arent on the best of terms. i mean Vince did sucker punch Izzy and Axl did vow to fight Vince because of it

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 11:37:19 PM »

The two would hardly get along. Personally, I think it'd be a kickass show, as long as Vince gets his shit together...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 11:57:02 PM »

Did it ever occur to anyone that that Vince Neil and Axl arent on the best of terms. i mean Vince did sucker punch Izzy and Axl did vow to fight Vince because of it

Vince would do it. They should do it for charity and possibly to kick off the release of CD.

However, Axl probably would'nt

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 12:11:48 AM »

Does anyone on this board realize that the world does not revolve around Guns N' Roses? It seems like anytime anything of any importance in the music world happens people want to attach GNR to it?

No, GNR is not touring with Motley Crue. Or Nine Inch Nails. Or U2. They will not be at the MTV Music Awards, the Super Bowl half time, MTV Music Awards Europe, doing a joint tour with Velvet Revolver, or any other of the insane shit all of you dream up.

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 12:14:05 AM »

It would never happen. As far as we know, Axl and Vince despise each other and the bands are totally on two different trajectories at the moment. The Crue reunion tour is a celebration of 1980's LA glam metal- basically a "look back" for the sake of some "old time" rock n' rolll fun. GN'R- if we ever see them again- will have very little do with all that- in fact Axl pretty much ditched that scene more than 15 years ago- even before UYI. Based on what Tommy told Jarmo- I don't Axl is still going ahead with all of this for nostalgia sake- rather he's looking to make an important political/artistic statement with his new music. A tour with the Crue is hardly the forum for that.

If Axl could ever get U2 to take them out on tour (and that's basically the situation- U2 would have to want GN'R- not the other way around)- then that would be ONE HELL of an opportunity for GN'R. I love U2 and I mean no disrespect- but imagine what it could mean to Guns if they could go out and blow U2 off the stage night after night all over the world. That would put Guns back on the map. Virtually exactly what Metallica did to Guns in '92. (Not saying Metallica is a better band than Guns- I would never say that- they were just more "on top of their game" in '92 compared to a crumbling by the second GN'R and really became MEGA stars because of their dominance (most nights) of GN'R on that tour).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 01:16:33 AM »

Im not sure if its true...but I head MC runs their tracks on the system and Vince sings over them...because when they closed out the Game show Awards the other night some1 said that he didnt sing the chorus because he cant hit th ehigh notes anymore so he just let the studio take over...

if thats true thats pathetic

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:28:33 AM »

Does anyone on this board realize that the world does not revolve around Guns N' Roses? It seems like anytime anything of any importance in the music world happens people want to attach GNR to it?

Well, what do you expect?  Look what web site you are at.  One that is dedicated for the band Guns N Roses.  You probably won't see GNR being talked about on the Cher board but you have a good chance with this board. 

I don't think any big popular band will tour with guns right away.  Maybe after they proved themselves after a while, but as of right now they will probably find some other no name bands like mix master mike to tour for them.  GNR will always headline, I couldn't see it any other way.   
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 03:08:04 AM »

I can't stand Motley and it's not because of their music, it's because of their attitude towards a certain favorite of mine.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 03:23:14 AM »

never.. bad idea...   
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 03:33:11 AM »

Motley Crue is cheesy.

CHEESY.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 04:26:12 AM »

I agree with most of the others here. Bad idea! Motley Crue are just doing a standard comeback thing. Guns undoubtebly has been bigger in their early days, but they're not a ridiculous comeback-band! Axl wants to accomplish something else besides making more money. He has vision..Vince Neil and the others are just has-beens.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2004, 04:56:13 AM »

Personally, i'd love it, 2 of the most badass bands on the planet in one night? How can you say no? Failing that, whack The Darkness in then! Tongue

Oh hey everyone, aint posted in a while!? peace

It wont happen
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2004, 05:33:03 AM »

Oh hey everyone, aint posted in a while!? peace

It wont happen

They are already in touch with bands to tour??

Bongo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2004, 06:03:49 AM »

Motley Crue it's not big enough to tour with Guns!!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 06:28:15 AM »

Motley crue is a hair-metal band. It would make the new-GN'R come back be ridiculous and unpopular. That is not what GN'R is. Bring a RNR band instead. Oasis or U2 would be perfect to tour with GN'R. Or the white Stripes. Jolene, Jolene ohhh Jolene... Wink
« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 06:30:22 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: