Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 11:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Queen / Queen + Paul Rodgers  (Read 53629 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2007, 03:32:46 PM »

Launch Radio Networks reports: The members of QUEEN are really happy with the new material they recently recorded with Paul Rodgers. Guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor were interviewed on the CBC TV show "The Hour", which airs weeknights across Canada, and host George Stroumboulopoulos asked them how work was progressing on a new album. May said, "We went in the studio... to see what happens, 'cause we've already tested it pretty good on stage, and that works great... And we went in almost unprepared... and came up with some tracks, which I think are really great. They're very different, they're very unlike anything that we've done, or anything that Paul's done." Taylor added that the sessions "went spectacularly well."

May also said, "It's gonna be good, 'cause next time we go out (on tour), we won't just be nostalgia, we will be 'This is what we are.'"

Neither May nor Taylor said when a new album might be released, or when a tour might begin.

This stuff really pisses me off, I'm an even bigger queen fan than I'm a guns fan but this just doesn't feel right.

It didn't feel right when they were touring using the queen monniker and it sure as hell doesn't feel right when they are planning on recording new material using the name!

I once found a great freddie quote can't remember it now, but it was something like: "If one of us were to die, Queen would stop to excist........" the quote was longer but really can't remember it If anyone knows what I'm talking about please free to post the quote

but it pretty much proves that this is not what Freddie would have wanted? no

I've pretty much lost my respect for Brian and Roger....but on the other hand I gained a lot of respect for john? ok
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:40:36 PM by Grouse » Logged
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »

It didn't feel right when they were touring using the queen monniker and it sure as hell doesn't feel right when they are planning on recording new material using the name!

Is it worse that Axl using the GNR name?

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2007, 05:47:38 PM »

Alhough i'm not happy with that either, I think this is worse because slash and the others have left the band out of their free will and sadly freddie did not....

Just imagine Mick jagger dying and the rest of the band continuing with someone else, now that wouldn't be right now would it?
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

No it wouldnt be right because of the Stones super lengthy career...But May has lots of music left in him and i think he and Rodgers are a great fit and I say all the power to them...as long as they continue to say Queen+Paul Rodgers

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2007, 07:30:25 PM »

Alhough i'm not happy with that either, I think this is worse because slash and the others have left the band out of their free will and sadly freddie did not....

Just imagine Mick jagger dying and the rest of the band continuing with someone else, now that wouldn't be right now would it?

Some (not me) could argue that this case is better because May/Taylor can't help it that Freddie died, whereas the members and ex-members of GNR have voluntarily dissolved a business partnership....and I could take your Jagger and counter with Brian Johnson....but I won't. My position on such things is always that I have no say on who uses what name for their music, and if you have rights to the name then good luck to you with using it to sell your art. My say comes in whether I think the music is still any good and whether I want to buy it, and there's no magic formula to determine whether it's valid or not besides how it sounds.

So for example, the new GNR is great, as is AC/DC with Brian, Deep Purple with Gillan and then Coverdale, Sabbath with Dio and then Gillan. Whereas Sabbath with Tony Martin sucks, as does Van Halen without Roth. I saw Queen twice with FM and they were awesome, Freddie was probably the greatest frontman ever along with Jagger, and I'm not that interested in Queen with Paul Rodgers...but it's their band, and I don't think their wrong to use they're name.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:31:57 PM by tap1966 » Logged

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #225 on: January 12, 2007, 10:07:02 PM »

Is there any news on the new album?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »

Go up a couple posts

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »

Go up a couple posts

Thanks ok

So they might be touring this summer, but we have no idea when the album is being released?
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »

I dont think they would tour again without a new album or at least a good chunk of new material

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »

I dont think they would tour again without a new album or at least a good chunk of new material

Yeah, otherwise it would be just like last year. I mean, I like hearing the hits, but they have some other great songs that I think Paul might be able to do some good stuff with. Brand new songs from the album would be even better.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: April 04, 2007, 09:15:19 PM »

Say what you will, but I've always enjoyed the score that Brian wrote for the (1980) film 'Flash Gordon'... it's wonderful!

Does anybody here remember that film and the music??

Anyway, here's a little sample of the title track for those of you who aren't familiar with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQVLFn2PTzY

Cheers,
W.R.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:23 AM »

The Works and Innuendo are two of my favorite post-70's Queen albums. There are some great songs on both of them. In my opinion The Miracle is their worst album, especially since it has aged so badly. It's the only Queen album that doesn't sound modern. If you take away 'Breakthru' and 'I want it all' the album is pretty bad, compared to the others.

I think all the stuff Queen did in the 70s was amazing - the band needs to release a live DVD from this time period, they had some great shows.

I have every Queen album and DVD.  yes
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2007, 12:22:50 PM »

never thought i would see one rwite that about Queen!? Shocked

Have heard a few doesnt like Queen cos of what Freddie was... and thats ridiculous

Queen is a music legend. They rocked back then and still do!

And Robman... not sure i have all the queen albums... i ahve 20. Is that em all?

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »

And Robman... not sure i have all the queen albums... i ahve 20. Is that em all?

Queen only released 15 studio albums, so I'm guessing you've also got some live/compilation albums in there...

In my opinion The Miracle is their worst album

I sure hope you're not ranking flash gordon above the miracle?...because that would be just wrong...

Flash Gordon was the biggest waste of money ever and this is coming from a guy who's almost obsessed with Queen I've got everything, all the albums, all the demo's even the very very very rare stuff, but imo opinion FG shouldn't even be noted in queen discography it's a disgrace...

It's the only Queen album that doesn't sound modern. If you take away 'Breakthru' and 'I want it all' the album is pretty bad, compared to the others.

What about "was it all worth it" or "hang on in there"? I don't think they sound dated at all...

Now if you had said that the invisible man sounds dated I could understand that? hihi
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:07:39 PM by Grouse » Logged
Dark Angel
Rocker

« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2007, 01:51:02 PM »

Queen only released 15 studio albums, so I'm guessing you've also got some live/compilation albums in there...

was counting the albums after 91 in...!  Grin

enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Grouse
Legend

« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2007, 06:11:31 PM »

lol well in that case you should have 30 albums? Grin
Dark Angel
Rocker

« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2007, 06:17:33 PM »

wow. Ok. will happy enough with the once i ahve now!

Cannot wait for the new one this year! Grin

enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #237 on: April 07, 2007, 03:53:59 PM »

Yeah, the live albums are:

Live Killers
Live Magic (which is basically Wembley shortened and edited to fit on one disc, crap)
Live at Wembley '86
One Fire Live At The Bowl

I thnk those are all the official ones, off the top of my head. I also have an awesome DVD or Queen live in Rio '85 that I recorded off TV.
Dark Angel
Rocker

« Reply #238 on: April 07, 2007, 04:11:06 PM »

Live Killers
Live Magic (which is basically Wembley shortened and edited to fit on one disc, crap)
Live at Wembley '86

I thnk those are all the official ones, off the top of my head. I also have an awesome DVD or Queen live in Rio '85 that I recorded off TV.

think i only have 1 live thingy with em on dvd... or not quite dvd...! The tribute show! Have seen it a few times! Grin

enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #239 on: April 07, 2007, 08:26:52 PM »

Live Killers
Live at Wembley '86

think i only have 1 live thingy with em on dvd... or not quite dvd...! The tribute show! Have seen it a few times! Grin

Yeah the Freddie Mercury tribute is awesome, it's a pity they cut out the first half with GNR and other bands playing their own music.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: