Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:04:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The death of Dimebag Darrell
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The death of Dimebag Darrell  (Read 76266 times)
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2004, 12:26:12 PM »

I cant believe this is just out of control

EEEERRRR Little boy
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2004, 12:37:57 PM »

Rest in peace Dimebag and others who were killed.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2004, 12:41:04 PM »

dimebag's a legend. i'm still in shock.

RIP Dimebag

ironically, yesterday was the 24th anniversary of lennon's murder.

i was at the stinson show last night with a friend who is a huge beatles fan. we happened to be talking about lennon and his murder for a while. same friend called me this morning to tell me about dimebag and i really thought he was joking. sad day.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Eric
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

I seen Gilby play this club back in 96 or 97-he did an all acoustic thing-nice show-really small crowd-a nice memory for me-it really is kind of a small club/bar-it's hard to blame any security on this. Any of us I'm sure have seen a concert at a place like this-this feels like when the station burned down-whether is 5 or 100 people. I just want to be with my brothers and my friends tonight-I feel like crying.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2004, 12:46:38 PM »

this is just horrible
horrible
how horrible
i read... he was shot 4 times... in the head... oh my god
how horrible

reading these words: ?"you broke up pantera.... you ruined my life.... what about phil??? he needs heroin money..." really made me feel sick to my stomach also ?Cry
cuz well.. we know

just making me sick to my stomach
just awful

horrible

Cry

RIP Dimebag and the other victims

and to GN'R and all the other bands who go on stage to entertain us and share their music and give us a piece of themselves...
don't take shit from anyone... do what you think gotta be done so that you feel safe
personally i don't care if i have to be searched/patted down and empty my pockets and do whatever it takes so that you guys and all of us in the audience can feel safe

i wouldn't be surprised if bands started hiring armed guards to stand on either side of the stage
fuck it
i think they should

so they take out a fucker like this before he hurts anyone
this shit is making me feel so sad and very angry
anythinggoes
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2004, 12:56:49 PM »

and to GN'R and all the other bands who go on stage to entertain us and share their music and give us a piece of themselves...
don't take shit from anyone... do what you think gotta be done so that you feel safe
personally i don't care if i have to be searched/patted down and empty my pockets and do whatever it takes so that you guys and all of us in the audience can feel safe

i wouldn't be surprised if bands started hiring armed guards to stand on either side of the stage
fuck it
i think they should

i seem to remember axl getting attacked on stage by a nutter with a gun before a bodyguard dragged him away and that was over 11 years ago not a lots changed we are just more used to it
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2004, 01:21:57 PM »

I keep hoping its gonna prove to be a publicity stunt, Pantera meant alot to me.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2004, 01:48:30 PM »

im shaking , i cant believe this shit!

Dimebag is in my top 5 guitarrist , this cant be real... no

He will be missed ....i loved that man.....fuck ! i loved Pantera!!  Cry

If the world would end today... Wink
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »

I know it's not gnr but we can pay respect to Dimebag cant we?  He was an amazing guitarist.  Such a waste.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2004, 02:05:10 PM »

RIP bro you'll always be a legend in my eyes. Cry

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Budweiser Froggs
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2004, 02:05:44 PM »

poor guy.  he died right on the day that lennon got shot. no
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2004, 02:13:23 PM »

RIP Dimebag

Thank you for the music...

Cry

The world is an insane place at times... no

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
shaner
Opening Act

That old man, he's a real mother fucker!!!

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »

It was weird...I pulled out the pantara yesterday. I was listening to a few songs and then moved on to something else. I didn't really wanna listen to it but something told me listen because I had not play the cd in months.
Then I found out Dimebag got shot lastnight. Well It was errie for me to hear that after pulling out the cd the same day he died after not being a big pantara fan. But I always had a like for the music.
RIP Dimebag

Everything smells like horse shit, down here on the farm!
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2004, 02:47:55 PM »

this is just horrible
horrible
how horrible
i read... he was shot 4 times... in the head... oh my god
how horrible

reading these words: ?"you broke up pantera.... you ruined my life.... what about phil??? he needs heroin money..." really made me feel sick to my stomach also ?Cry
cuz well.. we know

just making me sick to my stomach
just awful

horrible

Cry

RIP Dimebag and the other victims

fuck it
i think they should

Eva,

I agree with what you said.

I'd like to add too that bands should start wearing bullet proof vests to make sure they are safe.

You know, I plan on going to see Gin Blossoms @ Jannus Landing in St. Pete in Jan, Duran Duran in Tampa and Motley Crue.

I'll do my part to make sure I am safe, as well as the people around me and that goes for the band.

Keep your eyes open and when you are at a show if you see something out of the ordinary, tell a building manager or security.

It's a shame something like this happens.

I am angry and sad at the same time Undecided

Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »

I dont really know what to say..Ive known about this since this morning..Im angry and sad at the same time...I still cant belive it im sad because hes gone but mad because things like this can happen...This is not a slam on american at all..It's a slam on the whole world...I dont know  what drives people to do things like these...Nobody should have a gun unless your a police officer,security guard or otherwise require one...and who cares if its a club,arena or stadium..They should have the same security..Scru people gettin in with cameras..Worry about the people with guns,knives and drugs...I never would of had a problem bringin a gun into any concert ive been to..It's pretty sad...More security for a legend like Dimebag and Vinnie...Handguns shouldnt be avaliable for anyone to buy..Shotguns for hunting ya ok...Lots of people at my school were talking about it today..I wish we knew why this man did it though..Ill post up all the news and updates i get for yas...But all i have to say is my heart goes out to the fans that were at the club,the victims family members and freinds,the band and crew and especially Vinnie...Dimebag was without any questions a legend and had alot more still in him to show to the world...
R.I.P. Dimebag..We all love you and are thinking of you man..Your music and memories will forever live on..Ill see you when i get there brother no Cry
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 05:59:49 PM by Malcolm » Logged

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2004, 05:08:10 PM »

I'd like to add too that bands should start wearing bullet proof vests to make sure they are safe.
I'll do my part to make sure I am safe, as well as the people around me and that goes for the band.

Keep your eyes open and when you are at a show if you see something out of the ordinary, tell a building manager or security.

It's a shame something like this happens.

I am angry and sad at the same time Undecided

Fuck, everyone should wear a vest almost all the time, hell with it.

Audience members died here too.

But, then again i don't think a vest would have helped Dime all that much, since he got it it in the head...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2004, 05:15:07 PM »

Here is what some other musicians had to say:

Scoop of the Columbus, Ohio radio station The Blitz 99.7 FM has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that DAMAGEPLAN drummer Vinnie Paul was uninjured in the shooting incident at a Columbus nightclub which resulted in the death of Paul's brother, Dimebag Darrell. According to Scoop, who attended the concert and briefly saw Vinnie following the incident, Paul was in a complete state of shock and expressed his desire to be with his brother right after the shooting occurred.

A friend of Scoop's, Kevin Minerd, who also attended the concert, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the gunman entered the stage from the left side and walked over to the right side where Dimebag was standing before grabbing the guitarist and pumping several bullets into him. Additional shots were fired, although it's presently unclear which other member of DAMAGEPLAN, if any, was killed in the incident.

"A Columbus police officer, when he arrived, engaged the shooter, and the shooter is also dead, and if the officer hadn't acted when he did and how he did, we'd probably be looking at more dead, because this guy was actively shooting," Sergeant Brent Mull, public information officer, told MTV News.

"We have 200-plus patrons that we have sequestered inside three city buses," Sergeant Mull explained. "We are interviewing them one by one. The ones that were inside and witnessed this, ran for their lives and were in fear for their lives. They are victims too, and we want to take care of them."

As news of Dimebag's (born Darrell Lance Abbott in Dallas, Texas on August 20, 1966) bizarre and tragic demise rippled through the metal community, the news was met with shock and sadness.

"I'm speechless," friend and ROB ZOMBIE/OZZY OSBOURNE bassist Rob "Blasko" Nicholson told MTV. "This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a fucking legend and this is total bullshit."

"This is insane and this is beyond travesty," KILLSWITCH ENGAGE frontman, and former DAMAGEPLAN tour partner, Howard Jones said. "This is beyond anything I've ever heard. This shouldn't happen in or outside of the rock and metal community. He will be missed and mourned as a person, as a musician, and as a friend."

ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian, whose band has toured with PANTERA and has featured Dimebag guest appearances on their albums, stated in a posting on ANTHRAX's web site, "I am devastated as I'm sure we all are. All I can convey at this moment are my condolences to Rita and Vinnie and the whole family. My heart is with you."

M?TLEY CR?E bassist Nikki Sixx offered the following: "Dime, I will never forget all the times you made us laugh. I'm so happy we got to spend the day together in London recently? We should all live our lives as full as you have. I will miss you, as will all of us... This is a sad day."

Rich Ward (FOZZY, STUCK MOJO): "Darrell was as nice as they come. During the times that I spent with him, I wondered why he played in such a heavy band. Not that he didn't have the ability to school all of us that dared to share a stage with him, but because he seemed like such a gentle and kind man. He had a great sense of humor and was someone that everyone in the room gravitated toward. He never carried himself like the big rock star that he really was, instead he came across humble and appreciative. I consider it a privilege to have known him, as he was one of the 'real' guys in the business and as Zakk [Wylde] would say, 'one of the boys'!"

Shaun Glass (SOIL): "Today I am saddened to say I lost my friend and hero it sickens me that someone would take away a person that brought so much joy to so many people. Love ya, Double D."

SEPULTURA: "Dimebag was an excellent musician and a good friend, a fucking great partner in memorable tours. We'll miss him very much. Our condolences to the Abbott family."

MACHINE HEAD: "MACHINE HEAD are devastated by the horrific news. Our deepest sympathy and condolences to the Abbott family, DAMAGEPLAN and former members of PANTERA. Our thoughts are with you all."

Jon Dette (ex-SLAYER, TESTAMENT): "My brother just called to tell me that Dimebag Darrell was shot and killed on stage tonight. Words cannot express the sadness I'm feeling right now and my condolences go out to Vinnie Paul and the Abbott family for their loss. This is a huge tragedy for the music world."

Orange County, California-based sextet BLEED THE SKY (recently signed to Nuclear Blast Records): "It's a sad day in heavy metal, Dimebag Darrell formerly of PANTERA, was shot and killed while performing with DAMAGEPLAN in Ohio. We would more than likely not be a band if it wasn't for him, and can't possibly imagine the pain that his brother and his family must be in. RIP, brother, heavy music will never be the same without you."

MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has issued the following statement regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"There is nothing unique or clever to this post, and what I want to say has no doubt already been said throughout the metal community, by countless others whom were more closer to Darrell than me by now."However, knowing he was murdered tonight, I wish to thank and remember Darrell for his amazing life and the gift that he shared with me and so many other fortunates."I pray for Darrell's family and friends; specifically for their healing, their peace, and their understanding of this tragedy in this time of need."I send my deepest heartfelt condolences to the Abbott family, to Darrell's friends, and to the fantastic PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN fans around the world."We must never forget his life, and his gifts, his genius, his terrific personallity, and the legacy he left behind to remember him by."Darrell, I will see you in heaven and I, like so many more, love you brother."You will be missed."

Former JUDAS PRIEST and current ICED EARTH singer Tim "Ripper" Owens has sent BLABBERMOUTH.NET the following message regarding the death of DAMAGEPLAN/ex-PANTERA guitarist Dimebag Darrell:"Hey, wanted to say that Dime was a great guy and amazing guitarist! He will really be missed! He made me laugh when he would see me backstage and sing out 'Ripper' in a high note with some melody he had made up! He and his brother always gave me respect. I knew how much of a fan he was of JUDAS PRIEST and Rob [Halford], so the respect meant a lot! And all the rumors about him and I working together where the best rumors I'd ever heard about me! I always wanted to work with Darrell and was always waiting for that phone call! Dimebag, we love ya bro and you will be missed!"

The Associated Press is reporting that the Dallas Stars on Thursday mourned the death of rocker "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who with his brother was part of the group that performed the club's official theme song during its 1999 Stanley Cup run.Abbott, a heavy metal guitarist with DAMAGEPLAN, and three other people were killed before a police officer shot him to death late Wednesday. Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, were original members of the Grammy-nominated PANTERA.The Abbotts had strong ties to the Stars and performed the team's signature tune in its most memorable season."They weren't just hockey fans, they were friends of the entire team. Dime will be missed very much," said former Stars defenseman Craig Ludwig.Assistant general manager Guy Carbonneau, also a part of the 1999 team, called the Abbotts "special friends.""I was horrified to hear the news of last night's events and it never ceases to amaze me how hurtful and violent people can be," Carbonneau said Thursday.Club president Jim Lites said the organization extends its sympathies to Abbott's family and holds thoughts and prayers for all the attack victims.
"We know the Abbotts as passionate hockey fans and consider them good friends of the Dallas Stars," Lites said.

A number of heavy metal musicians have paid tribute to Dimebag Darrell (DAMAGEPLAN, ex-PANTERA) who was tragically murdered last night.

SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor: "He could take a riff that would take somebody a year to master and he could rip it off in seconds. He made everything look like he was playing 'Smoke on the Water' with one finger."He was one of the coolest people I've ever met. The guy just loved to laugh and he loved to make you laugh. And he loved to make you do something that you would never do in a million years. He was a guy that lived in the moment. His philosophy was, 'Let's do something that is gonna make us remember tonight for the rest of our lives.' And that's something I'm gonna fucking miss for the rest of mine."

ANTHRAX's Scott Ian: "After Eddie Van Halen, you had Dimebag Darrell. He was the next guy that came along and did something as original and important on guitar."He's the type of guy that would do anything for his friends. He really did put his family and his friends first, and for him everyone was his family. Once you came into contact with Dimebag and became friends with that guy, it was a sacred bond. Once you shared drinks with that guy, you became a part of his extended family."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 07:32:13 PM by Malcolm » Logged

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2004, 05:30:50 PM »

Police released the name of the gunman who allegedly went on a shooting rampage at a Columbus nightclub Wednesday night, killing four people ? including DAMAGEPLAN guitarist Dimebag Darrel ? before a police officer shot him dead.

Nathan Gale, 25, of Marysville, reportedly jumped onto a concert stage and opened fire, NBC 4 reported.

Several people that have had conversations with Dimebag's former PANTERA bandmate, singer Philip Anselmo (currently in SUPERJOINT RITUAL), early this morning are reporting that the frontman is "devastated" by the news of Dimebag's death.

PANTERA's manager Kim Zide-Davis, who worked with Abbott 1994 to 2003, was overwhelmed by the news of his death, according to CNN. She told the AP she often told the guitarist he was "a living cartoon character."

"He would do things that you wouldn't believe a real person was capable of," she said.

She said there was a sweet and caring side of Abbott that many people never saw.

"Everything you saw from him was real. That was who he was," she said. "He lived and unfortunately died by his guitar. What you saw on stage was his enjoyment."

Internet Broadcasting Systems, Inc. is reporting that loud music made it hard to hear the last words of a man who jumped on stage and killed DAMAGEPLAN guitarist Dimebag Darrell and three other people at a concert Wednesday night before being shot and killed by a police officer, Ohio police said.

A police official said witnesses heard someone accuse Darrell of breaking up his former band, PANTERA. Police are not sure if the speaker was the gunman or a fan.

Witnesses said the man jumped an eight-foot security fence and was being followed through the crowd by security before the shooting. The man who opened fire on band members of DAMAGEPLAN also wounded two other people.

Police said a police officer shot and killed the gunman, identified as Nathan Gale, 25, a man with a minor arrest record in his hometown of Marysville, Ohio. He was pulled over for driving on a suspended license last month.

"He's playing the guitar and (the gunman) just went right up to him," witness Jim Climer said. "He started blowing his brains out, basically. Dimebag was still playing. He didn't know what was going on, and that's when he hit the ground."

Police spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio identified the gunman as Gale. She said there was no information on a motive or if he had any connection to the band.

"(The gunman) came on stage, from the back, like he knew what he was doing and went straight to Dimebag Darrell immediately," an unidentified witness said.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 06:21:40 PM by Malcolm » Logged

blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2004, 05:39:53 PM »

Cry

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2004, 05:51:01 PM »

man i am totaly shocked guys, my fuckin' hero Dim!!!!!

my thoughts to Vinnie!!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: