Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:18:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VH1 Big in 04 thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VH1 Big in 04 thread  (Read 11976 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2004, 06:02:14 PM »

its uncalled for because I want to watch an award show not a covention

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2004, 07:31:10 PM »

yeah ive been sayin it for months and i agree with younggunner, there is a time and place for everything and this wasnt the right place

u did all u could micheal moore and u still failed, u arent the great "savior" like u thought u were, now shut up and wait till 08.

I voted for Kerry and he lost, Bush is the president, so i think the country should unite and not stay divided.

i would say fergie was lucky getting to pose with Scott.

The crowd wasnt as into it cause it was a ballad, ballads arent the right choice for awards shows, i figured they'd play slither at least, something uptempo.

but i thought it was great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2004, 07:39:22 PM »

alright alright to get you guys off my back i'm going to pull out contraband and try to catch big in 04' again.  I think i said this once that I am a huge stp fan a fan of snakepit so its not like i hate slash or scott so i'm going to give it another try and I do like parts of falls to pieces just didn't like the performance but i'm going to watch it again and i'll repost if you want me to or not.  I won't compare it to GNR either its hard not to since slash is in it and this is a gnr forum but i won't compare on my next post.

GNR for fucking ever.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »

Ill repeat what I said earlier: The premise of this award show was 2004s current events, including politics and drug addict radio hosts.? Its also VH1 "Big In '04," not the Grammys or Academy Awards.? Its supposed to be "irreverent."? So if youre expecting not to hear anything about politics, political figures, or drug abusing radio hosts, youre obviously watching the wrong program.? The producers decide whats "called for."? And some political content doesnt make it a convention.

Its been a while, but Im positive there were plenty of Clinton jokes being told at "real" awards shows like the Grammys...I wonder if people were so sensitive then?

I watched bits and pieces of this awards show, and it was awful.  It looked like a big, dumb mess, and was hardly as entertaining as it should be.

Scotts vocals were perfect.  I was pretty impressed by how well he did vocally.  The rest of the band did a good job as usual...however, I dont get Slashs purple streaks.  He does this occassionally, and I just dont get it.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:17:15 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2004, 08:21:31 PM »

VR sounded good but I didn't like Scott doing his "Slither" moves or Slash doing that hopping thing because I don't think it fits that song.

Huh When did he do any "Slither" moves?  He did a couple of Frankenstein steps at the very end, but thats about it.  I didnt see any of the writhing or dancing he usually does.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004, 08:49:00 PM »

Scotts vocals were perfect.? I was pretty impressed by how well he did vocally.?

i am endlessly impressed by Scott's vocals. i think he has a startingly beautiful voice.

general rule: any award show NOT the Oscars (and even that is debatable) is ridiculous and silly. while i like VH1 and recognize that, creatively and artistically, they have made MASSIVE strides in the "hip and relevant" direction (remember, the network used to be the music channel your parents watched), all their award show/convention type things are so stupid. anytime you make Paris Hilton share the stage with a band like Velvet Revolver, everyone walks away a little less cool.

Wink
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2004, 09:53:17 PM »

I was able to catch VH1's Big in 04 show last night and I really enjoyed VR's performance. I cant stand all of the people who are coming around and bashing this band. Hello guys\girls 3 of these guys used to be part of the biggest band in the world and you still cant support them! Whats up with that?  I support VR because Slash and Duff helped me realize whats real raw rock n roll really was when I was growing up. My favorite member of Guns is Axl. If Axl told me to take a bullet for him I would probably be standing in line with many of you. But 1 thing I will not do is bash Slash, Matt or Duff. Come on thats too much High School drama. Back to topic. Falls to Pieces is a great song! Slash was dead on and gave me goose bumps when he broke out on his solo. I have never been to faund of Scott but hey he did a average job. If you get the chance check out the performance VH1 will show a million reruns. Oh by the way they performance was last so dont waste your time watching the whole show.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2004, 10:48:36 PM »

Awesome pics!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2004, 11:55:59 PM »

Awesome pics!

I second that!  Very Nice!

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2004, 01:43:49 AM »

VR sounded good but I didn't like Scott doing his "Slither" moves or Slash doing that hopping thing because I don't think it fits that song.

Huh When did he do any "Slither" moves?? He did a couple of Frankenstein steps at the very end, but thats about it.? I didnt see any of the writhing or dancing he usually does.

Slither moves = Frankenstein steps = Spaz dancing ... whatever you wanna call it? ?Roll Eyes

Scott started spazzin' at about the one minute mark of the song... about 45 seconds later Slash started doing the bunny hop thing ... 50 seconds later Scott was spazzin again ... then 20 seconds later BUTT CRACK!!!? (Slash probably didn't really flash the crack but the illusion was there with the shirt riding up in the back and the low-rider skin-tight pants)

anyways ...

my point was that I thought they sounded a lot better than say when they performed on Leno and Letterman but I didn't think the jerking movements and the hopping goes as well with Fall To Pieces as it does with Slither.?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2004, 11:02:01 AM »

gypsy who cares  slash has been hopping around for years, scott has been that way forever, shit people focus on the dumbest shit.. He has yoga  like dance moves ,he seems to contort his body..

On another note I like how tommy lee just said fuck the script and just said how he felt an introduced his boys.. You could see him enjoying himself during slash's solo during the performance..

I have watched the performace alot, everything was positive.. Slash played dead on, just sounded like his guitar was a bit out of tune, anyone else notice it..  I'm not into the proper technical terms, maybe someone else can explain it..
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2004, 11:37:38 AM »

gypsy who cares? ... shit people focus on the dumbest shit..

Roll Eyes? I was trying to clarify for Booker Floyd my original reply.? Was it really necessary to call me "shit people"?? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2004, 11:48:13 AM »

gypsy who cares? ... shit people focus on the dumbest shit..

Roll Eyes? I was trying to clarify for Booker Floyd my original reply.? Was it really necessary to call me "shit people"?? ?

i wrote it the wrong way, I should have said SHIT, people focus on teh dumbest shit.. It's nothing personal, this board is run damn well, but I read other vr forums where the topics are all scott is gay , his moves are gay, he's not axl, new gnr is better, etc..

There's so many positives going on with vr, I wish people could focus on that instead of those dance moves or slash hopping around..

I say that because every show slash bounces around, scott always moves liekt hat and has been weird in movemnets since stp.. I apologize ,I just get sick of the same threads or replies over the smae dumb shit.. I wasn't calkling you that though, I should have used a comma
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2004, 02:00:08 PM »

Its been a while, but Im positive there were plenty of Clinton jokes being told at "real" awards shows like the Grammys...I wonder if people were so sensitive then?
Yea but thats mocking his life not politics. Thats fine. If these peopel want to make fun of GW"s personality and the way he talks =, and how "dumb" he is...thats fine. Its for comedy reasons. But I dont wanna hear the same old garbage from that slob MM. If I wanna hear his propganda Ill go watch that movie. But whatever...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2004, 02:03:07 PM »

i wrote it the wrong way, I should have said SHIT, people focus on teh dumbest shit..
Clarifying your reply?? ?Wink
No apology necessary.? To be honest, I understood what you were saying.? This was just my way of pointing out how easy it is for people to misinterpret the point being expressed.

It's nothing personal, this board is run damn well, but I read other vr forums where the topics are all scott is gay , his moves are gay, he's not axl, new gnr is better, etc..

There's so many positives going on with vr, I wish people could focus on that instead of those dance moves or slash hopping around..
IMO, the dance moves, hopping, clothing, etc. are important aspects of the performance and I don't think it's dumb to comment on them.? I wasn't suggesting that those moves were bad or gay.? I think they're fine for a song like "Slither" but not in a ballad-type song like "Fall To Pieces".

I agree that topics like 'Scott is gay' or 'Old vs. New GNR' are dumb.

realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2004, 08:32:47 PM »

As for Slash's ass hanging out... those leather pants were so flimsy that when Slash turned around it just looked like his ass was spray painted red.? hihi

That really make me think how some people here knows how to rock for real,they'd rather see those dumb martial arts moves from Chickenhead than see a real rocker kicking ass on the stage.      Salud beer
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2004, 12:47:10 PM »

I actually caught that last night...I loved the VR performance...but I wish someone would have said something about it being the last event...I wouldn't have had to sit through all that shit...although I did dig the Steve Wonder presentation to Jamie...That Nick Lachey dude, what a boring piece of flesh he is... Roll Eyes

I thought everyone looked great...could anyone read what Slash's shirt said? Mr. Scott sure is a skinny little thing but he wears those low riders real nice...loved the magenta hair...liked the fact that the audience was actually standing for them 2 check them out...Slash!!! Always a good thing...wish they would have done the sucktrain blues though, that would've rocked.... Grin

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2004, 01:02:30 PM »

I actually caught that last night...I loved the VR performance...but I wish someone would have said something about it being the last event...I wouldn't have had to sit through all that shit...although I did dig the Steve Wonder presentation to Jamie...That Nick Lachey dude, what a boring piece of flesh he is... Roll Eyes

I thought everyone looked great...could anyone read what Slash's shirt said? Mr. Scott sure is a skinny little thing but he wears those low riders real nice...loved the magenta hair...liked the fact that the audience was actually standing for them 2 check them out...Slash!!! Always a good thing...wish they would have done the sucktrain blues though, that would've rocked.... Grin

Suprised you didn't see any of the it was the last thing to happen during the show, hey you had to suffer like the rest of us..

Not gothic??..
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2004, 01:38:18 PM »

...could anyone read what Slash's shirt said?

I'm not positive but I think it said "Not Guilty"

Rhythm-n-Booze
Headliner

Nice shoes.

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 03:28:22 PM »

...could anyone read what Slash's shirt said?

I'm not positive but I think it said "Not Guilty"

That's correct, it did say Not Guilty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: