Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:49:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VH1 Big in 04 thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VH1 Big in 04 thread  (Read 11974 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 08:29:16 AM »

I love when someone see's a vr live spot and needs to bring new gnr into the mix, like you couldn't just? say I didn't like it..

I prefer when a poster such as tp4ever makes those kind of posts...so theres no confusion what their agenda is.
gunz92
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 09:26:40 AM »

I just watched the show last night and from where I stand that was pure rock n roll. No it wasn't perfect, but thats what makes it great to me. And furthermore, I get the same chill in my spine watching these guys now as I did back in the day.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2004, 09:28:14 AM »

Velvet Revolver's performance was pretty good. The rest of what I saw sucked....

The rest of the 115 minute program was pure shit. Talk about bringing out alot of assholes of 2004.. Roll Eyes ...What a waste of time ! The entire show I flipped back and forth hoping V.R. was coming on. If I'd known they were gonna close the show I'd waited til the end to flip over and watch.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2004, 01:04:47 PM »

I watched the performance for the second time now,I really wasn't paying too much attention the first time.
 Slash didn't show any crack,Scott sounds good as always,the crowd was great I didn't see anyone leaving the place while they were performing.

From where this guy tp4ever gets all these crap he was talking about.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2004, 01:43:08 PM »

I thought it was a great rendition of a great song.  It was cool when they showed Tommy Lee digging the song.  This was a pretty good moment in rock if you ask me.  tp4ever - you should stick to watching only new GNR  television performances if you don't like VR.  Would that be fun now?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2004, 02:05:17 PM »

IMO most of those VH1 shows are lame.? This one was so bad it was almost painful to watch.? The VR performance was one of the few good parts.

VR sounded good but I didn't like Scott doing his "Slither" moves or Slash doing that hopping thing because I don't think it fits that song.

As for Slash's ass hanging out... those leather pants were so flimsy that when Slash turned around it just looked like his ass was spray painted red.? hihi

Edited to add:? Did anyone notice in the very beginning of the show when Scott said that VR were the show's "headliners"?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 02:08:02 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2004, 03:10:46 PM »

Edited to add:  Did anyone notice in the very beginning of the show when Scott said that VR were the show's "headliners"?

Yes, I did GypsySoul. I also saw where Scott got to pose with Fergie(BEP) for a camera shot ! Lucky fella he is...... yes Wink
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 03:12:58 PM by Drew » Logged

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2004, 03:30:22 PM »

Edited to add:? Did anyone notice in the very beginning of the show when Scott said that VR were the show's "headliners"?

Yes, I did GypsySoul. I also saw where Scott got to pose with Fergie(BEP) for a camera shot ! Lucky fella he is...... yes Wink

That girlf from the black eyed peas has an awesome body.. Shocked We should check matt sorum's dressing room
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2004, 03:56:55 PM »

a lot of fucking liberals were still running their mouths on that show, which pissed me off. I happen to like Jenny and Tommy, so I was really glad they were the ones who introduced (and dug) the boys. I thought that performance was absolutely wonderful, and who gives a flying fuck what they looked like and/or what was hanging out? not sure how much the crowd was digging them but they definitely got a great applause. I think slash pulled off the solo just fine, but since I don't know everything about the technicalities or chords of guitars, one thing that's been bothering me about his les paul's nowadays are that the chords are really flimsy and not tight enough? is that right? it just seems the sound isn't strong enough, esp at certain parts where it should be. the amps were also a tiny problem when they performed on late-night shows. I can hear duff's bass and everything else fantastic, and scott hit EVERY note, but there's just something about slash's strings/chords that are just not hitting that climax or "optimum" and it bothers me.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2004, 04:02:03 PM »

a lot of fucking liberals were still running their mouths on that show, which pissed me off.

Yeah, because after all, ones political beliefs should coincide with whoevers president at the time, or not be voiced at all... Roll Eyes

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2004, 04:06:37 PM »

That girlf from the black eyed peas has an awesome body.. Shocked We should check matt sorum's dressing room

You got that right Mike !!!!! She's a hottie indeed !!!  yes ok

Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »

a lot of fucking liberals were still running their mouths on that show, which pissed me off.

Yeah, because after all, ones political beliefs should coincide with whoevers president at the time, or not be voiced at all... Roll Eyes

Hal Sparks: ". . . while Rush Limbaugh was in an oxycotton haze . . ."

That was un-called for and you guys wouldn't recognize it because it doesn't offend you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2004, 04:17:29 PM »

That was un-called for and you guys wouldn't recognize it because it doesn't offend you.

But they are comedians, ever see I love the 80's, 90's talk soup or anything else, hal spark just rolls witht eh punches.. If someone wants to complain talk about kichale moore and the ass kisser I'm a has been sharon stone.. I votef for kerry ,but enough with the firsts tep and democracy..

There's already a usa election thread, I rather stay with vr instead of political bullshit..
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2004, 04:23:31 PM »

mike, I've watched those I Love The ___s shows, and I have found myself laughing at Hal Sparks, but he was dead serious when he made that remark. all of hollywood and all of the comediens were quiet about their political opinions, but then they come out and don't go back in. no one fucking likes hearing them do that, whether they share their affiliation or not.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2004, 04:25:20 PM »

Why was it uncalled for? ?Because hes a conservative talk-show host? ?Because he makes his living on attacking others (coincidentally, for opposing political viewpoints)? ?Maybe youre unaware, but Limbaughs drug abuse was a pretty big story this year. ?And the theme of this awards show?  The big stories of the past year.  So no, a comedian making a joke (which reads more like a fact) about a true, widely-reported public story doesnt offend me - especially when it concerns an astonishingly hypocritical jerkoff like Limbaugh (or O'Reilly. ?Take your pick ?Wink)  Hal Sparks general lameness, however, does offend me.

But Im sure you were just as offended by those Bill Clinton jokes 6 years ago, right? ? ok

Back on-topic, I still havent seen it...If anybody finds video of it, make sure to post it here. ?yes
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 04:27:15 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2004, 04:28:45 PM »

I'm sure some video will pop up, anyways it will be played alot on vh1, so be sure to check teh tv guide or the channel info and tape it.. Sorry if you don't live in the states, I will see if someone has posted it and give you the link..
big in 04 is on from 6-8 pm est today..
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2004, 04:31:31 PM »

Man, how did this get to politics again Smiley?  I wasn't too happy with the political crap either, and I saw Slash with Michael Moore for a second as they were going to commercial one time.  But, overall, I could care less as long as VR performed and performed well.  And they did just that.  They made the show respectable, because the other parts of the show were pretty lame.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »

They look great...I especially like Scotts shirt.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2004, 04:52:11 PM »

red x's.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2004, 04:59:02 PM »

red x's.

same here..  Cry