Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 02:29:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VH1 Big in 04 thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VH1 Big in 04 thread  (Read 11972 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: December 04, 2004, 02:25:41 AM »

wonder what they are gonna play? wonder if they will win an award?

tune in sunday night to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
O'Reily
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:29:47 AM »

It was filmed Wed they played Fall To Pieces
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 07:25:41 AM »

well shit for an awards show i was hopin they would rock somethin out! but oh well as long as they perform!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 07:38:16 AM »

It's big in 04, they have to play their current popular single..
I would have liked stbs, but I guess they have to play a known song on this type of show..
electricmage
Rocker

Zakk is better then you.

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 10:40:55 AM »

Well hopefully this is a start of a new trend. I fucking hate VH1 and MTV with a passion. Calling Estranged and Mother by Danzig a bad metal song? Gn'R isn't Metal you dumb assholes.  I don't really think Danzigs mother is all that metal either. But
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 06:33:30 PM »

Well hopefully this is a start of a new trend. I fucking hate VH1 and MTV with a passion. Calling Estranged and Mother by Danzig a bad metal song? Gn'R isn't Metal you dumb assholes.? I don't really think Danzigs mother is all that metal either. But

They don't consider it metal, it's just a name they give those shows.. It's catchy like metal moments, it consists of everything rock, It's from winger to gnr to metallica, it's just putting music that is rock in one category.

When I was younger people would say hair metal, how many bands that had spandex n hairspray were really "metal"

Oh well, I can't wait for the show, I heard the preview on 92.3 K-Rock and it says pefrormances by this one then vr, and you hear a short clip, and it was ftps live..
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 11:27:21 PM »

ok just watched the performance.  First of all today I heard falls to pieces on the radio and was like alright maybe I'll have to pull contraband out of the cd case in my closet and I'll listen threw it tommorrow since I hadn't listend to it since the first week it came out.  Then I decided I'll watch the show tonight and see them perform so I flipped threw different shows threw the night until they came on.  It sucked the only person in to it at the show was lame ass motley crue dude tommy.  Scotts vocals sucked Slash's crack was hanging out of his pants and the whole group blew.  Its the damn truth. I then compared it to GNR's performance in 2002 at the VMA's.  Everyone was screaming while GNR were playing I think half the reason people thought it blew was because you could barely hear the band over the crowd, I don't think Axl could hear himself thats why he got lost that one time during paradise city.  Axl ran around on stage slapping hands and dancing and Scott stood there like a chump I thought you guys said he gave a good performance at live shows? (I know he did back in the stp days) but not now.  Slash gave a better show performance then BH but not as good sound wise but Robin gave a better show performance then Slash and his crack didn't show while spinning around.  Contraband will still sit in my closet tommorrow and will never see the light of day and I will again like I did today, yesterday, and two years ago listen to my cd with madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy on it and wait for Axl to finally release the most anticipated album of all time.

The only cool thing from the show was duff and slash at the start facing each other like they did live in tokyo when they played "wild horses".

GNR for fucking ever.
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 11:29:43 PM »

WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!!! WHAT A PERFORMANCE!

And you CANNOT beat Slash's ass in those red leather pants.

But, staying on topic, Scott's voice was GREAT, everything was perfect and I am in love. ?love

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 11:37:17 PM »

omg were you watching the same performance I was it totally blew dude people were leaving while they were playing.  Slash blew the solo and I don't think anybody wants to see some 40 something ass hanging out of their pants.  Scotts vocals blew for the most part.
realgunner
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 12:08:11 AM »

I then compared it to GNR's performance in 2002 at the VMA's.?
Poor Axl,I'm so sorry for him,on top that he has no voice left for his career,he had to sit down tonight in front of the box while he was pulling out his dredlocks from left and right and watch another kickass performance by his ex-mates. rofl? ?beer
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 12:10:54 AM by realgunner » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 01:22:27 AM »

number 1, slash's ass wasnt hanging out

number 2, never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever say robin is better at anything than slash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why cant everyone be like me and appreciate both bands?

i mean u dont have to choose. Velvet Revolver are the best band ive heard in the last 10 years easily and Contraband is a classic cd, i like the one poster on heres signature, if u dont listen to contraband u are just cheating yourself or something like that, its true.

i have a tattoo of Axl on my forearm but that dont stop me from loving the old members.

dont u realize if it wasnt for Slash, Robin and Buckethead wouldnt have had shit to play on the 2002 tour, dont ever fuckin forget that!!!!!!!!!!

also Scott is an amazing performer, the reason he didnt rock out was cause it was a ballad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u cant rock out to ballads u would look ridiculous.

also u are distoring things a tad bit

that was the first anyone had heard from axl in 10 years and was such a shock of course the reaction was out of this world.

axl is way better than Scott but to say Robin is better than Slash is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard in my life.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 01:24:43 AM by D » Logged

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 01:31:32 AM »

I thought they were fantastic. Scott was more into it tonight than I have previously seen out of him and he really hit every note, and there is just something about seeing Slash Solo that just sends chills up my spine....Its like no matter how many times I see him play that(or anything for that matter) I just never get tired of seeing him do it.

It was cool that they let them end the show like they did, it made them seem somewhat important, or like it was a big deal. They weren't just barried in the beginning of the show.

I am with you D....no reason we can't love both bands. It is retarded that the Axl zealots aren't letting themselves enjoy VR while waiting on CD. I mean what other band out there right now offers Slash and Duff, who were at one point or another idolized by everyone on this board. I have really gotten into this VR thing and I can't wait until the day I can listen to their CD and GNR's in the same car ride  beer
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 01:43:26 AM »

I dont really like FTP so i wish they played a different song. I was more interested in screen shots of Jennie Mcarthy while VR was playing, than i was VR. You see one FTP performence, you seen them all.
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 01:55:17 AM »

I'm not some VR hating Axl loving fuck everyone else person. ?I think sucker train blues rocks and is the best song on the album and I can't believe they haven't released that as a single yet. ?I'm just saying that the performance wasn't good and actually blew. ?I loved Slash back in the day even in Snakepit but now he isn't very good and Duff is cool and all but he's not that great. ?One thing that has really killed VR for me other then contraband is the way they talk about the old band and Axl I've never heard Axl bash any of them but they've all bashed him several times. ?And there is a few bands out there right now that are good other then VR such as Audioslave, 3 Doors Down, STP(if they wouldn't have broken up, I've got every STP cd). ?You say GNR got that response because that was the first time seen in years okay sure but when I saw them live it was even louder screaming during the whole show I've got 2 of the shows on dvd from 2002 one I went to in columbus ohio and the MSG show and all you hear the whole show is screaming the only other time I've seen that before is from watching The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show and their other concerts (not making a music or popularity comparison I love both bands).

GNR for fucking ever.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 02:50:41 AM »

dude i give u the axl argument all day long, he is my fav member and i love GNR, i just didnt like your comment that seemed to put Robin in the same league as Slash

i really dont think Robin is a good guitarist to be honest and if u just think for a second, all of those great GNR songs that got such huge reactions wouldnt be the classics they are if not for Slash,Duff and Izzy

Axl is the greatest front man ever,  no one can argue with that but im telling u Velvet Revolver are way better than those bands u listed in my opinion

i just dont want people to miss out

i can show u posts of mine where the first couple times i heard contraband i bashed the shit out of it, thought it was the worst cd i ever heard in my life and i was disappointed beyond words

but i kept giving it a chance and now i cannot stop listening to it and havent been able to for around 4 months now.

Remember VR arent in competition with Axl, not at all, and honestly the old members really havent bashed axl that much and Axl has talked about them a few times but we cant judge axl yet cause he hasnt really been in the press

we will have to wait and see when C.democracy comes out and he startsgiving interviews and stuff to judge if he is gonna bash the old band or not.

im almost look more forward to axl's interviews and cover stories more than i am the actual cd

imagine when he is asked if he has heard Contraband and what he thinks of VR.

thats gonna be a nice read!

Slash was complimentary on the Behind the Music and Duff hasnt said too much about it. i think with all things considered SLash and Duff have handeld it pretty well.

i mean they were almost forced out of their own band, can u honestly tell me u wouldnt be a little pissed off? and the fact they havent bashed him more is amazing to me.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 03:54:20 AM »

For those that watched the show, what was VR's introduction like?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 04:50:38 AM »

I think half the reason people thought it blew was because you could barely hear the band over the crowd

hihi

Thats called denial my friend...

Anyway, I unfortunately missed the performance, but Ill be sure to catch it on one of the 70 replays VH1 will surely run.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 06:50:02 AM »

Tommy Lee and Jenny Mccarthy introduced them

Tommy said give it up for my boys

and jenny said Velvet Revolver

at the end the crowd were goin wild, scott was holdin out the microphone and they were screamin and shit, scott kept holdin it out it was great

scott had bright purple hair!!!!!!!!! fuscia? * i cant spell it* they looked cool and to be honest was the best performance ive seen of FTP, SLash's solo was the best ive heard it, real emotional and just raw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slash's clean didnt kick in good sometimes though and u couldnt hear the slow main guitar riff durin the first line of the verses after the first chorus.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 08:13:56 AM »

D basically covered it all.. I enjoyed the show, scott seems to put his heart n soul into eevrything, I really liked how happy tommy lee seemed introducin them, and he and jenny had a smile as they bopped along during the song..

I am not crazy about the echo that's sometimes used, but scott's voice was very clear.. Slash played very well, and he looks like he's in good shape, he played the right notes, his guitar just had some off sounds at times.. Something worng with soundcheck type a sound..

Scott's hair reminded me of when he did the plush vdeo, just a little difference in color
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 08:21:30 AM »

ok just watched the performance.? First of all today I heard falls to pieces on the radio and was like alright maybe I'll have to pull contraband out of the cd case in my closet and I'll listen threw it tommorrow since I hadn't listend to it since the first week it came out.? Then I decided I'll watch the show tonight and see them perform so I flipped threw different shows threw the night until they came on.? It sucked the only person in to it at the show was lame ass motley crue dude tommy.? Scotts vocals sucked Slash's crack was hanging out of his pants and the whole group blew.? Its the damn truth. I then compared it to GNR's performance in 2002 at the VMA's.? Everyone was screaming while GNR were playing I think half the reason people thought it blew was because you could barely hear the band over the crowd, I don't think Axl could hear himself thats why he got lost that one time during paradise city.? Axl ran around on stage slapping hands and dancing and Scott stood there like a chump I thought you guys said he gave a good performance at live shows? (I know he did back in the stp days) but not now.? Slash gave a better show performance then BH but not as good sound wise but Robin gave a better show performance then Slash and his crack didn't show while spinning around.? Contraband will still sit in my closet tommorrow and will never see the light of day and I will again like I did today, yesterday, and two years ago listen to my cd with madagascar, the blues, and chinese democracy on it and wait for Axl to finally release the most anticipated album of all time.

The only cool thing from the show was duff and slash at the start facing each other like they did live in tokyo when they played "wild horses".

GNR for fucking ever.

Damn you're a negative bastard, oh at the vmas you mean those people that scream for every band?
I love when someone see's a vr live spot and needs to bring new gnr into the mix, like you couldn't just? say I didn't like it.. I mean scott had to do what axl did, he needed to run around the stage to be effective..?

Scott is scott axl is axl.. Geez when are you people going to wake up..?

It didn't even bother me that you didn't like teh performance, just the whole my contraband cd will never see the light of day, gnr fucking rocks, drama queen shit is so lame, just tsay I didn't like teh performance, no need for the build up of diggs just to say why gnr is better,,.. I love how you found the way to say axl coukldn't hear himslelf and he was more energetic because of it.. You have an excuse for him, but for scott it's like I'm? a wussy I'll never listen to contraband becvause of it..

I mean you took your contraband out for the first tiem since the second week of june, and now you will keep it in the dark forever because the big in 04 performance didn't suit you.. Please you sounded very optomisitic..

Oh yeah and the entire group blew, what an ass,. They just played no way each individual player sucked..

Just say this isn't new gnr so I can't like it
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 08:23:04 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: