Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  billboard article on 4th quarter release schedule
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: billboard article on 4th quarter release schedule  (Read 7361 times)
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: September 07, 2004, 12:44:21 PM »

Many of you might be interested in look at this, as it's been a hot topic on the board.
It's an article which goes over the major releases that are CONFIRMED
for the 4th quarter. They mention the major releases, plus holiday albums, greatest hits releases and box sets.
No mention of GnR, but again, they only speak to releases that have been confirmed
by each label.
I don't see this as a bad sign, but just as information as to what GnR will be competing against if they release the CD in time for the holidays.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000624754
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 03:14:39 PM »

lets set the record straight!
Chinese Democracy will NOT be released in 2004 no

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 03:40:42 PM »

i agree with liquid here, im lookn now at a spring 05 release, all my hopes of gettin CD this year ended when Interscope announced Eminem's new cd comin out nov 16th, cant see interscope putting two anticipated albums head to head, wouldnt be smart business

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 04:11:48 PM »

i agree with liquid here, im lookn now at a spring 05 release, all my hopes of gettin CD this year ended when Interscope announced Eminem's new cd comin out nov 16th, cant see interscope putting two anticipated albums head to head, wouldnt be smart business

i dontthink there are any rules about releaseing cd`s. Just because Eminem will release his album dont reduce the possabilityof a GNR release! Com`on`?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 04:14:47 PM »

Considering Eminem is rap I hardly think it will take the wind out of GNR's sales.  If anything, the two together would help their company considering CD sales in general suck right now.  Downloads, etc.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 04:25:14 PM »

Considering Eminem is rap I hardly think it will take the wind out of GNR's sales.? If anything, the two together would help their company considering CD sales in general suck right now.? Downloads, etc.

Exactly, what the hell does Eminem have to do with GNR?? Nothing!? It's a different fan base.  This album has been in the making for so long now, and there is so much hype around it, it doesn't matter if the Beatles were putting out an album, GNR would still be big news. 

« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 04:30:28 PM by peeps » Logged

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 04:29:24 PM »

They're already confronting two anticipated albums: U2, which is also an Interscope act, will be releasing their first album in four years around the same time as Eminem's new CD. That's already two big acts for Interscope in the same time frame, GN'R could be in there but I don't think so.

POPmetal
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 04:45:34 PM »

I don't think Eminem's fan base is necessarily that different. It's not hard to see why a lot of his fans would also like Axl Rose.

But the thing is, Chinese Democracy is hardly a highly anticipated album. Other than a few GN'R message boards, people could really give a fuck. Most music fans don't even have a clue as to what GN'R is up to and that Axl has been working on an album called Chinese Democracy. And out of the ones that do, most stopped giving a damn at some point between 2001 and 2003.

But I'm thinking maybe this is all for the better ok Maybe CD will come out of the blue, surprise everyone, and give them a big kick in the ass. Kinda like AFD. I think Axl performs better when people have low expectations and when they expect him to fail.? But ultimately it all depends on whether the record company really supports the band. The way the music industry works these days, CD could be lame and sell millions (think bands like Nirvana and Creed), or it could be the best album ever and only sell 80,000 copies.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 04:47:43 PM by POPmetal » Logged
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 05:08:22 PM »

I don't think Eminem's fan base is necessarily that different. It's not hard to see why a lot of his fans would also like Axl Rose.

But the thing is, Chinese Democracy is hardly a highly anticipated album. Other than a few GN'R message boards, people could really give a fuck. Most music fans don't even have a clue as to what GN'R is up to and that Axl has been working on an album called Chinese Democracy. And out of the ones that do, most stopped giving a damn at some point between 2001 and 2003.

But I'm thinking maybe this is all for the better ok Maybe CD will come out of the blue, surprise everyone, and give them a big kick in the ass. Kinda like AFD. I think Axl performs better when people have low expectations and when they expect him to fail.? But ultimately it all depends on whether the record company really supports the band. The way the music industry works these days, CD could be lame and sell millions (think bands like Nirvana and Creed), or it could be the best album ever and only sell 80,000 copies.

Your thinking in terms of the population of the USA again.  People tend to do this a lot.  And I agree, if your thinking only of people in the USA, then GNR and Chinese Democracy isn't that big, but in other countries, GNR is still big.  Just think about Rock In Rio?  It will take time and an album for GNR to be big again in the USA.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
POPmetal
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 05:12:22 PM »

Your thinking in terms of the population of the USA again.? People tend to do this a lot.? And I agree, if your thinking only of people in the USA, then GNR and Chinese Democracy isn't that big, but in other countries, GNR is still big.? Just think about Rock In Rio?? It will take time and an album for GNR to be big again in the USA.

Yeah, that's a good point. What I was saying applies just to the US.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 05:52:50 PM »

I totally disagree, Gnr is still big in the usa and this album is wanted by a lot of people.
Gnr in boston is still in heavy rotation, and once the album gets  a set release date and they have promotion for it, the antisipation is going to be huge.

Just look at how  well the GHs album did/is doing, and that is just songs we already have.
People still love gnr, and once the album is released It will sell atleast 3m in the usa alone.
I have always said it will sell about 10m world wide and i still belive that.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 06:50:03 PM »

It will sell atleast 3m in the usa alone.

Are you talking in your life time or what? The last Rock Bands to sell atleast 3 million

Linkin Park, Meteora  at 4 times platinum and its been out for 75 weeks and they had a huge fanbase to start with. If you are saying GnR will come out of the gate and hit 3 million in their first year or sooner that is crazy. Look at all the rock groups on the chart. I think a opening week and performance similiar to how Contraband is selling is a good example of how well it will sell. (not gonna turn this into a VR vs Guns thread) but just look at Contraband and some of the other rock groups and how their albums are selling, The only bands right now selling millions in a week or getting very high on the mutli platinum chart is rap bands. If you look at the whole you we see there is NO rock band out there hitting huge numbers. You can say Axl is the messiah or what not but expecting them to sell millions off the bat its just not gonna happen.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
estranged.1098
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 06:54:28 PM »

For anyone who believes CD won't be released because of other albums - did you really ever think it was going to be the only album released by Interscope in November?

The thing is - if the album is finished in time it will be released this year.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 06:58:39 PM »

But I'm thinking maybe this is all for the better ok Maybe CD will come out of the blue, surprise everyone, and give them a big kick in the ass. Kinda like AFD. I think Axl performs better when people have low expectations and when they expect him to fail.  But ultimately it all depends on whether the record company really supports the band. The way the music industry works these days, CD could be lame and sell millions (think bands like Nirvana and Creed), or it could be the best album ever and only sell 80,000 copies.

I totally disagree, Gnr is still big in the usa and this album is wanted by a lot of people.
Gnr in boston is still in heavy rotation, and once the album gets  a set release date and they have promotion for it, the antisipation is going to be huge.

Just look at how  well the GHs album did/is doing, and that is just songs we already have.
People still love gnr, and once the album is released It will sell atleast 3m in the usa alone.

GnR is in heavy rotation in the rock station where i live too but that doesnt mean that people are still interested.. i have yet to find another person in my whole school and the general area i live in (and i live right next to a university) besides me who even knows the people in the band right now besides axl and "the dude w/ the bucket." people dont care much about things they dont see..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2004, 09:49:57 PM »

I think everyone here is a bit too quick to push the date off to a far away date like spring.  The facts hint more towards early 05 if anything.

I am starting to not believe it will be 04 for 1 reason.

If it were to come out in December.... there's no video yet and they arent getting back together til Dec.  I suppose it could come together fast with the money they have access to but if the Dec 7th date were correct I would imagine a video would come out late Nov. along with a single and interviews etc....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2004, 10:54:33 PM »

i think its very important for GNR to debut at number 1 and there is no way that will happen if its released with all these giant releases, they need to release it by itself let it be number 1 and promote that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sticky Fingers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2004, 11:05:40 PM »

lets set the record straight!
Chinese Democracy will NOT be released in 2004 no

December! At the latest, the first week of January.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 12:09:49 AM »

We are effectively at the deadline for a November release, in terms of ads, promotional tools, single, etc...it just ain't gonna happen. The way I see it (and this is my unprofessional opinion), we have a scant possiblity of a December release, whih we will know about by mid-October (again, conjecture, no inside info). As to whether or not Interscope will hold it back b/c it has other major release: I doubt it, the more major records out, the more profit for the label...many of these will target slightly different audiences, and all will attract high critical and media interest...that said, I personally believe we will see the European tour start prior to the release of any album, whether that is good strategy, well, we all know what happened in 2002.....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 03:00:11 AM »

We are effectively at the deadline for a November release, in terms of ads, promotional tools, single, etc...it just ain't gonna happen. The way I see it (and this is my unprofessional opinion), we have a scant possiblity of a December release, whih we will know about by mid-October (again, conjecture, no inside info). As to whether or not Interscope will hold it back b/c it has other major release: I doubt it, the more major records out, the more profit for the label...many of these will target slightly different audiences, and all will attract high critical and media interest...that said, I personally believe we will see the European tour start prior to the release of any album, whether that is good strategy, well, we all know what happened in 2002.....

we wont get anything in november,  tommys latest interviews suggest that cd will come out early next year

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 03:29:35 AM »

Its the same posts year after year......nothing ever happens.... Undecided
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: