Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:48:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash says that Axl only has a couple of songs with vocals on it  (Read 69397 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »

The only thing fucked up, is thatt people like Dizzy, and others (you know who you are), that take all this too seriously. That makes me wonder how thye get along (as AxlGunner puts it) in the real world.

It's no more pathetic than the people who get all up in arms because Slash or other ex-members say something that is remotely negative. They act like a bunch of star-struck children. It's embarrassing and pathetic.

You would think people on both sides would learn to move on already.

No, the reason people are so up in arms about this comment is because its simply not true and slash is saying he knows for a fact. Slash is flat out lying, and that is why people are calling slash on this.  If axl made up a lie about slash, axl would be getting bashed for 20 pages, calling him an asshole and  a prick.
So why is it when slash tells a lie and says its a fact he does not have to answer for it?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2004, 03:53:16 PM »

Stop arguing with Dave & the other Axl-lovers who are blinded by their passion and deny every fact, create factoids and they explain the inexplicable. They live in their world, they know CD is coming, Slash is a liar, Axl cares of them, Axl is always right and he is perfect. I know it's hard not to comment their weird thinking, but try it.  ok

How am i blinded? I am just curious.  And how is what slash said here a fact? Slash is the ONLY person who has said axl only has 2 songs done with vocals for CD, yet for about 10 other sources since 2000 axl has had atleast 2 albums done of material with vocals?  Also tell me this, how can slash not be a liar if his stories of what happened keep changing?  Answer me those simple questions.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2004, 03:56:22 PM »

Dave dave dave...i was just trying to smooth shit out around here.

...ah well fuck it.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2004, 03:56:50 PM »

You got to understand first, the nature of being a fan of something, or someone. When there is someone talking shit about someone you break it down if you are a fan of him, or were a fan at some point. Its when you talk shit about someone for doing the same thing that you are doing on the flip side, is when your words of being "embarrasing and pathetic" more applies

Exactly, and that is what you did. You gave your side of the story, and when people disagreed and tried to argue with it, you said we are taking this too seriously.

If you don't want to be a part of the discussion, fine. No one is forcing you to respond to this thread.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

I think this whole debate just shows the sad state of the band right now. We spend more time on this board talking about what Slash/Duff have to say about GNR than we do talking about the actual music. I guess that is because they refuse to give us music or anything to talk about, but it sucks either way.
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2004, 04:07:43 PM »

So why is it when slash tells a lie and says its a fact he does not have to answer for it?

do you really think that you bitching about it on some message board is really gonna stick it to him or something? i dont understand how he's "answering for it" in any way by you calling him a liar? he doesnt even know who you are. nor would he care.

i dont understand why you feel personally compelled to bitch about him. i also like how you "cant be bothered" to look for any quotes where people start bashing axl after he said something bad about slash. where are the 20 page threads dude? the mystical land of narnia?

now you know me better
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2004, 04:59:29 PM »

Axl comes out and he says exactly what he thinks of Slash/old members. I haven't a clue what Slash thinks...
Maybe Slash is trying to be the better man, rise above name calling, etc... but when he still lets comments slip out here and there, it seems like he wants to look the better man, but still wants to get snide digs in on Axl.
It could be he's really trying not to comment on it, and honestly doesn't want to cause friction, but it's understandable why people might think he's being two-faced.
You can't tell which it is.

...in the end, this is just entertainment.

In fact, I laughed when Slash said he refused to watch GNR's VMA performance..... Or this rumor that he created about Axl and only recording vocals on 2 songs... its fucking funny.

Shit, I never laughed harder when Axl said Slash was up his ass, or that he was fucking Serpico, and they can suck his dick. That was classic... I love Axls rants...they are never NOT good. Slash, is entertaining in his " im a dummy" way. You know, the classic of all classics, grammy speech. He said (from memory) " This is fucking great, oh shit, did I just say fuck." I watched that over and over till my tape melted. Slash is fucking funny. He is just funny in a different way now. Axl is funny for the same reason reason he always was.

You got to understand first, the nature of being a fan of something, or someone. When there is someone talking shit about someone you break it down...  

Anyway, I understand how passionate we can all get about this. We are fans. That is why we talk here...A fan, is short for FANatic. And so we can get a little fanatical sometimes.

Just try and keep yourselves in check. Find the humor in shit that isnt life altering. This is only entertainment, so find the entertainment in it.

Very cool.  ok
I think that even though we obviously can't all agree -
that we can keep things in check with the right mixture of
respect and humour

the humour is basically built in
just add water... Uh, I mean respect  ok
and that includes respecting that, despite the element of humour,
that some fans actually care about what happens to and/or what is said about
the musicians/people they are fans of.  Doesn't mean they don't 'have a life'!
I know I do!  But, as a huge fan of Axl's, I care about how he is portrayed /
what is said about him and his work and the new band, etc.  
So if its "all about the music" for you - then that's fine - but respect the fact
that some people/fans care beyond the music.  

peace

( Shocked sorry for quoting so much text )
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2004, 05:32:21 PM »

Very cool.  ok
I think that even though we obviously can't all agree -
that we can keep things in check with the right mixture of
respect and humour

the humour is basically built in
just add water... Uh, I mean respect  ok
and that includes respecting that, despite the element of humour,
that some fans actually care about what happens to and/or what is said about
the musicians/people they are fans of.  Doesn't mean they don't 'have a life'!
I know I do!  But, as a huge fan of Axl's, I care about how he is portrayed /
what is said about him and his work and the new band, etc.  
So if its "all about the music" for you - then that's fine - but respect the fact
that some people/fans care beyond the music.  

peace

( Shocked sorry for quoting so much text )

Shit its cool babe. Thats why I said what I said about being a fan (its in one of those quotes you put up). Im a fan too obviously, and my loyalties (however one wants to take that) is more with Axl, because I appreciate the change he is trying to do, and has sacrificed to do it. I think some look at that very one demensionally, and cant see what that can represent, musically (it is all too similar the revelation and changes the Beatles made (though theres was as a collective) and just Axl had this foresight. Shit, this isnt the place to get into it.

I guess what im saying is that of course I agree because its what I had just said (about being a fan).

I still dig Slash, but have to call things as I see it. Anyway, but some get so heated with the pointing fingers, that I think they need to chill out, and put this into perspective. But this is a GNR board, and last I checked Axl is still in the band finishing this bitch up. So when somone comes here with misguided anger and disdain for the man, this is certaintly the wrong place for it, and comes across as obnoxious. As I am sure going to a VR board and calling Slash a punk bitch would be there. Its innapropriate dialog to have with fans of the man.

That is something people need to recognize to. Its kind of annoying. Im just trying to do my thing, because its friday. And I got shit to do tomorrow.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:41:07 PM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2004, 07:51:35 PM »

Maybe it's possible that the truth lies between what Slash said and what some others, like Brian May, have said.  Is it totally impossible to imagine only two songs being finished?  I think it's very possible only two songs are completely, 100% finished.  Now, I'm sure there are vocals down on several tracks, but with the way Axl likes to add multiple layers to each song, then maybe he only has two songs completely finished and ready for CD.   And maybe he has others completely finished that are going on the second or third album.  Axl has mentioned before that they wrote songs with in the last couple of years that have pushed some previous ones down the list.  I never would have guessed in 1990 that much of the entire GN'R fan base would be this divided.  With all of this constant debating about Axl being an asshole and Slash being a liar, it's almost hard to believe that at one time we all supported them both and they were able to accomplish as much as they did...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2004, 08:45:31 PM »

Booker, what year did Marco make those comments? I forgot...

Its no secret that there was a period of time in which there was no vocals on most of the tracks. Im curious to know when Marco said that.

I heard Chris Thompson talking about it in January or February that Axl was having trouble perfecting the vocals.
Can I see that quote. I never seen that before....
Theres a difference between perfecting vocals and not having vocals.

See, younggunner, this is the whole reason why Axl rants the way he does: to get people to think it's "cool."
If you think Axl Rose is ranting and saying stuff just to seem "cool" then you know jack shit about Axl.

Booker posted the exact dialougue. Its not liek Axl went on a cursing tirade towards Slash. But whatver this is a dead topic now so theres no point to go back and forth.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
madagas
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

Youngun, Beltrami recorded or worked on the Gnr material in 2002! The interview was 11 months ago but he is talking about a release for the album in Sept 02..before the US Tour. Don't let Booker fool you. A little distortion...Booker, any comments? That is a fact. But, it also shows you the ludicrous amount of time it has taken to release this record.  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 09:00:47 PM by madagas » Logged
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2004, 09:40:50 PM »

Booker, what year did Marco make those comments? I forgot...

Its no secret that there was a period of time in which there was no vocals on most of the tracks. Im curious to know when Marco said that.

Can I see that quote. I never seen that before....
Theres a difference between perfecting vocals and not having vocals.

It's just a rumor (Chris Thompson is a singer that I know) And yes, I know there's a difference... but he said that he was having a hard time with it... He said this after Christmas... no, I don't have a quote - because I was there, and I overheard him say it to a group of people...

If you think Axl Rose is ranting and saying stuff just to seem "cool" then you know jack shit about Axl.

Like Dizzy said, Axl really does give a shit about what they think because otherwise he wouldn't try to get people on his side.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2004, 10:12:19 PM »

That is what a message board is for no?

do you really think that you bitching about it on some message board is really gonna stick it to him or something? i dont understand how he's "answering for it" in any way by you calling him a liar? he doesnt even know who you are. nor would he care.

i dont understand why you feel personally compelled to bitch about him. i also like how you "cant be bothered" to look for any quotes where people start bashing axl after he said something bad about slash. where are the 20 page threads dude? the mystical land of narnia?

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

"marco Beltrami: That was sort of just work for hire. I guess they'd heard
some of my orchestral music of mine. I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed.
They gave me four songs to orchestrate. A couple of them I did more than orchestrating, I actually wrote some melodies and stuff. It was a fun project. I really enjoyed it. The music was eclectic and at the time that I was doing it there were no lyrics on the songs that I was working on. People ask me about the album and I really have no idea about the release. I thought it was coming out last September. I'm the wrong person to ask about that. "

So because the few songs Axl had Marco work on had no vocal track on it means that axl only has 2 songs with vocals? How do you figure that?

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2004, 11:54:08 PM »

I say we just drop it. Who cares what SLash says. What he said really wasnt the thing that pissed me off. It was a whole other issue. But fuck it. Look how pathetic this thread is.
Back and forth everyone defending everyone. SO I say fuck it. Ill be a good lil soldier and let SLash say what he wants and at the end when GNR release the album ill have a nice lil smirk on my face.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2004, 01:59:35 AM »

Didn't slash say on the stern show that the last time he talked to axl was when he quit the band ?

Kind of a strong statement to say he knows for a fact about the vocals (i'm not sure the band knows how many finished songs there are).

In slash's defense, i don't think he ever goes out of his way to say anything bad about axl.  Sometimes when answering questions about the old band it's interpreted that he's saying something negative when he's just trying to give his point of view.

I've said it before, if during the period of 96 thru 2004, axl had gone to slash, duff and matt and said he was ready to put the bullshit aside, they would have jumped at the chance to put out a record.  i'm still not convinced, given VR's success, that they wouldn't still like to put GNR back together.  I think it's still the reason they hold back on their comments (aside from matt).   I don't think they want to burn their bridges and for the most part hold their tongue suprisingly well.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2004, 02:27:03 AM »

some of my orchestral music of mine. I met with Axl and he played me these songs, asked me my ideas about them, and I told him what I thought they needed.
They gave me four songs to orchestrate. A couple of them I did more than orchestrating, I actually wrote some melodies and stuff. It was a fun project. I really enjoyed it. The music was eclectic and at the time that I was doing it there were no lyrics on the songs that I was working on. People ask me about the album and I really have no idea about the release. I thought it was coming out last September. I'm the wrong person to ask about that. "

So because the few songs Axl had Marco work on had no vocal track on it means that axl only has 2 songs with vocals? How do you figure that?

That weird logic again.
First, if Beltrami worked on songs without vocals, it wouldn't mean there are no finished tracks, nobody said that. It only means that there is no proof that they have cpmpleted songs. Maybe they have, but gave the incomplete ones to Beltrami, maybe they don't have completed songs, only a few.

Second. Like all of you can realize, English isn't my mother tongue. But what does 'couple' mean? As far as I know it can mean a pair, like 2 songs, and it can mean a few, like 6-8 songs. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Third. I haven't heard the Brian May interview, but did he say he had heard finished tracks with vocals, or he said he heard an album worth of vocal melodies/ideas? It's not the same.

Fourth. I really wonder why the album hasn't finished. And if it was finished, why the hell it's not released? If Axl sometimes released at least a press release about the state of CD, there would be less bullshit about the album.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2004, 02:48:16 AM »

Besides Axl not wanting his lyrics out. If he gave a song to Marco without lyrics wouldnt marco be able to interupt the song better and come up with better arrangements and melodies to fit. if the songs had lyrics and were 100 complete he wouldnt be able to contribute much. I think Axl gave him some "bare tracks" to see what he could work out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Man Of Soul
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2004, 06:23:34 AM »

I think slash is a great artist and everything but when it comes down to axl and his buisness,then who cares what he says.
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2004, 11:37:55 AM »

Here's my 2 cents worth.

Perhaps this information was made available to Slash and Duff through their lawsuit against Geffen/Universal; in regards to Geffen/Universal releasing the "Greatest Hits" album.

It's a known fact that Geffen/Universal released the album as a means to claw back some of the 13 million dollars that Mr. Rose has spent on his "yet" unreleased project.

Geffen/Universal needed some grounds to back up their case, maybe this tidbit of info was just that.

Again, this is spectulation. Nevertheless, I believe that for Slash to make a comment such as that, (and knowing that Rolling Stone mag would publish it) he must have some source of information.

Later,

Blair

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: