Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  boycott contraband
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: boycott contraband  (Read 78674 times)
GNFNRS
Bush-lover
Rocker

Yes, evil does have it's honest side and it's called Slash

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 01:36:33 PM »

I will be first in line to buy it  beer. If I continue to wait until Axl releases something to buy a new album, I will be in a nursing home. At least this way I can hear Slash solo and help the album get to #1 and just keep the buzz going. There is nothing a little group of HTGTH boy-cotters can do to stop this run away freight train. ok

How are you gonna be first in line when I am already gonna be there?  I might even buy the 3 different covers... well maybe not.

We're just jerk-offs like everybody else
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2004, 01:36:59 PM »

Is your computer still working Dave or did your tears fo Axl damage the system. A boycott,just pathetic. Grow up. rofl

I'll tell you what's pathetic, trying to act cool on the Internet by attacking another poster on a message board.

Especially when you know it's against the rules and it'll get your ass banned in no time.

Then it only gets more pathetic when you cry about nazi admins and how you were banned because you don't love Axl.

Now that's pathetic!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2004, 01:40:24 PM »

So we're boycotting a band that is fighting for  their creation, yet we continuallly support a band who constantly disappoints us and screws us over?
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2004, 01:45:48 PM »

So we're boycotting a band that is fighting for  their creation, yet we continuallly support a band who constantly disappoints us and screws us over?
yep,thats the way its done around here,if its not Axl endorsed its abad bad thing and we are not allowed to mention it ,let alone buy it or listen to it. peace peace

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2004, 02:12:18 PM »

Maybe its just me - but my decision to buy it will be based soley on whther its any good.....

Seems alot of you are going to buy it simply because Slash is in the band or not buy it simply because Axl isn't Tongue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 02:22:32 PM »

Dave , Dave, Dave, do people stop , point and laugh at you in the streets?

You my friend need to sort your life out, boycott  VR`s record, how pathetic.

people like you are a minority dave, people like VR and most people dont like what axl has done with the GNR name and band.

So good luck to Slash and Duff!!!
Hope they sue some sense into him!

-------and time goes by-------
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 02:25:55 PM »

I agree to boycott...dave-gnfnr2k!
Boycott him.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 02:28:09 PM »

Observation of the month, ladies and gentlemen!  beer

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
jrs2001_99
Rocker

I can't believe you just said that

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 02:32:51 PM »

who ever has the nerves to boycott the album when they know they wanna hear it problably weren't planning on buying it to begin with.

This is the truest, most honest to God comment that I've read so far today about all this bullshit.

Boycotting an album like this is just retarded, and won't accomplish anything.

I'm still going to buy VR's album because I've been waiting for it for the last 2 years, since Duff, Matt and Slash first announced their plans for a new band.

As for the lawsuit itself, I have no opinion. I'm in no place to give an opinion, since NONE of it has anything to do with me or 99.99% of all the people on all the GNR message boards. None of you boycotting "pioneers" are going to stop this lawsuit from going ahead, or change Slash/Duff's opinion of their entitlement to royalties. The fact is that they were there, they know what happened, and they have their reasons (other than the usual, narrow minded bullshit of "$lash is a publicity whore!!!"), and no one here can honestly say that they know what those reasons are.

It has fuck all to do with any of you. Go ahead, boycott VR's album, and then continue bitching about the lack of decent rock music in your delusional belief that a 42 year old Axl Rose will "rule rock n' rooll again!!"

I want a good rock album from VR, I like what I've heard so far, so I'm going to buy it, simple as that.

http://www.theanswermusic.com/

The best true Irish rock band since Thin Lizzy
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2004, 02:33:37 PM »

Maybe its just me - but my decision to buy it will be based soley on whther its any good.....

Seems alot of you are going to buy it simply because Slash is in the band or not buy it simply because Axl isn't Tongue

So very true.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Lilljon
Headliner

Jun 26

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2004, 02:59:59 PM »

I ordered my copies a couple of minutes ago. I think it's wrong to encourage people to a boycott. But i see what you mean. Can me a promotional trick.

Gibson 4-ever.
billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2004, 03:15:26 PM »

Well, I for one will buy the album b/c I liked slither, I loved you got no right, and am excited to hear the rest.  I'd rather have chi dem in my hands, but to me its not a battle.  Its a band who went in two different directions and both have the opportunity to be very successful.  Granted, the split was not a generally happy one as far as we can tell, but nonetheless, the split was their decision, not ours.  

As far as the lawsuit goes, I'm surprised they did not do this sooner.  Maybe they were waiting until they needed some pr, maybe not, but if I put years into a band and got pushed out b/c axl was in an egotrip at the time, I'd want my possible royalties too.  They do deserve it, they are 2/5 of the band, which is more than axl's 1/5.  You gonna tell me that since the beatles split, if paul mccartney at the time took all the rights, that the rest of the band deserved nothing?  Gimme a break.

I want the best for both bands.  It has been said before, all axl has to do is release something.  I'm personally getting sick of his head games and excuses.  Yeah, I want the album to be perfect, but at the very minimum, six years is way too long for one album.  I know he wants to release several over a short time supposedly, but he is missing his chance.  Most critics have already written him off, and his band is continuing to morph.  If he could get past the demons in his head and the legal stuff, he could have something out.  Listening to VR do their interviews lately and reading their magazine articles, it is obvious that these guys are doing it b/c they love it.  Slash, Duff and Matt missed the connection they had from gnr, and needed a few more guys to fulfill the voids.  Too bad axl couldn't be there, but its not the right time.

Axl will release cd someday, and I will be first in line to buy it, just as I will be for VR.  I support both bands, and hope someday, before they hit 60, they can perform a few shows.  As someone said, Simon and Garfunkel reunited, and that was chalked up to a lost cause 25 years ago.

We can always hope...  beer

Mike

Mike
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2004, 04:16:08 PM »

I think we should all boycott VRs new album for their latest stunt to fuck over axl.
Just when you think slash or duff cant get any lower they do.

I think we should send you to live with Axl, his pseudo wife/mother Beta, and his pet reptiles in that big white mansion in Latigo where the the nearest convenice store is a 15 minute drive down the hill. Grin

I was always somewhat concerned of your blind loyalties to Axl. I know we once shared the same level of loyalty only 5 years ago. Since then, I've reduced my loyalties of Axl to focus on his music, lyrics and past performances (with the old GNR), while you insist on not only gassing yourself of the nuGNR, but joining Axl in your rhetoric against the old members, without whom you would have never heard GNR in the first place.

I am shocked to come to the VR boards and to see this shit plastered on here. rant rant rant
I thought that for the Axl fans it was all about the music. Now I see that its about personal antagonisms that have fermented after years of inactivity by the nuGNR and the sudden transformation of VR into radio and video staples as well as late night musical performers and guests on Letterman & Kimmel.
Sure "Slither" doesn't have the lyrical deepness of GNR - but it has an attitude and energy to it that has been lacking in many areas of Rock music for a while now. The video also kicks crazy amounts of ASS  smoking

VR also has grown up Rock Stars who have overcome addictions to all sorts of shit and who have nearly died on several occasions and who have come so far to putting their lives back together to such an extent that they now have a record poised at multi-platinum status and the restoration of the credibility of one of the greatest rock bands of all time. But you guys can't respect that. You only respect a frontman who can't get his life together. It makes me wonder if you and the Axl lovers have lives on your own.

Its people like you who are actually Axl's worse enemies. Duff said it right when explaining how all of Axl's "yes-men" screwed with his mind and stunted his productivity by being extra-flexible with him. Axl himself has told each of you how to live your lives and not worry about the new GNR until the time comes (or doesn't come).

Of all my years visiting this website, this is the lowest, dirtiest, scumbagged, desperate, retarded evil thing I have ever seen!!!
Im going out to have a fun time this summer in Israel with hot chicks, hookas, great food and parties with VR blasting in the background, mixed in with AFD and UYI.
In the meantime, you and the Axlovers can continue playing chess and debating among yourselves what the meaning of the various dubbed voices in "Madagascar" are. rofl

I don't give a fuck.
Velvet Revolver RULES! smoking
Mark N' Revolverz

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2004, 04:26:58 PM »

I will probably not buy Contraband, not because I want to boycott VR but simply because I was not impressed by the music I heard so far. I think "Slither" and "Set Me Free" are not that good (especially SMF which, in my opinion, is pretty bad). Plus, I'm not a big fan of Weiland's voice so unless I am very impressed with the other tracks, I don't think I'll get it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 04:27:57 PM by Will » Logged

SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2004, 05:33:24 PM »

I think we should all boycott VRs new album for their latest stunt to fuck over axl.

I'm not boycotting shit. In fact I'll buy two, one for me and one for my niece and nephew.

You don't know shit about what's gonig on. Neither does anybody on here. Nobody knows the little details that make up the whole story.

Poor Axl getting picked on.   Roll Eyes

I'll be the first to buy CB when it comes out!!! beer
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 05:39:17 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2004, 05:38:26 PM »

What a great point. Thanks for posting that.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2004, 05:48:39 PM »

To the warriors of this noble cause...what if what Duff and Slash alledge is actually true?  That Axl, in numerous instances, ignored even consulting them for input on opportunities to use their creations in movies?

One thing Ive seen on here is praise for Axls integrity; that hes protecting the songs from being commercialized, etc.  Have we forgotten that GNR have been featured in plenty of movies since the beginning, and that continues to recent times, with Axl attempting (and in the case of Big Daddy, half-succeeding) to feature the new band playing old material for movie inclusion?  Personally, Im no fan of licensing music to lots of stuff, but thats irrelevant - its still the creators call, which includes Axl.  And the extent of that will be determined in court.

Dizzy
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2004, 05:56:21 PM »

Oh come off it you goddamned hypocrite.  Don't even insinuate that Slash and Duff are the ones stooping and fucking Axl over.

Axl attempting to use shitty re-recorded versions in movies so that the original GNR members don't receive royalties is lower than low.  Even I didn't expect Asshole Rose to stoop this low.  Not only was that shitty version of "Sweet Child O Mine" in Big Daddy a slap in the ex members' faces, it was a slap in the fans' faces as well.

And now you're calling Slash and Duff low because they want to stop Axl from continuing to ruin their music and fuck them out of royalties?   Roll Eyes

Axl is the lowdown, egotistical bastard fucking them over, and it's blatantly obvious.  He doesn't give a fuck about anybody but himself, he'll stoop to any level to hog Guns N Roses, its music, and its legacy all to himself.

How about this Dave, I think I'll buy ten fucking copies of VR's album just on principle.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2004, 06:28:27 PM by Dizzy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2004, 06:07:16 PM »

im not boycotting this, the case will be thrown out

the way most stuff works is every person involved in the project has to agree, it takes a unanimous vote, so if axl says no he can kill any deal so can slash and duff

only movie was big daddy that i can recall that had gnr material in it, im sure all agreed, a good compromise, some old scom and then the new!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2004, 06:58:23 PM »

I see this underground movement to boycott Contraband being as successfull as the GH boycott. Even if all 3300 members of HTGTH boycott this album it will still be a top three album. I'd say boycott Chinese Democracy when it comes out, but it would have to come out for me to do that.
Why is OK for Axl to constantly sully the name Guns N' Roses by never releasing CD and cancelling tour dates (that support an album that doesn't exist), but it is unthinkable for Former Members to use the name they built to further their careers.........and to expect to earn money for their writing credits, which are being guarded like treasure by a dragon (who refuses to use it, except to warm-up his psuedo GnR lineup)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: