Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:26:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash & Duff to sue Axl!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash & Duff to sue Axl!  (Read 72034 times)
Dizzy
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2004, 10:11:41 PM »

I know because cd,maddy and the blues sound so much like omg

And Axl said that those songs would not be released as singles.  And this is a moot discussion anyhow, because I guarantee you Axl will release nothing that soon, if at all.  I just laugh at the statement that anything Axl will release will immediately set the world on fire and humble VR.  As I said, dream on.
kockstar99
« Reply #201 on: May 04, 2004, 10:16:10 PM »

Yeah, I can just see another "Oh My God" dominating the charts.

I know right!!!

Its not like Oh My God and the others songs can compare to songs like
"Be the ball" or "Jizz da Pit" "Slither" hahahahahaha you can never compare Axl Roses "worst songs" to Slash and Duffs....in case you need a reminder of how shitty they are allow me...

Be the ball - Life is one big arcade
Be the ball - The aim is to be the game
Be the ball - The next four minutes are a total suprise,
Be the ball - Hell bent, damn, we love to drive

hahah your comparing this shit to Oh My God???

if you want to compare what you consider to be Axl's "worse songs" to Slashes and Duffs i have two albums worth of shit like the above to post....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #202 on: May 04, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

hihi so true... SO TRUE!
but they'll never admit it  no
Axl is always the bad guy... even when they are attacking him  confused

haha its nice to see the VR fans eat their own words for once isnt it Eva?... If I was Axl id release the best song he has recorded as a single a week before VR's album hits the shelves....

Something soooo bad ass that it just takes over the airwaves... something to go number 1 on the Rock Charts.. Something to make the VR album go un noticed for the week or two because all Music media coverage would be on the new GnR song....

Yea...but it would NEVER happen.  hihi
SLCPUNK
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2004, 10:19:55 PM »

I know right!!!

Its not like Oh My God and the others songs can compare to songs like
"Be the ball" or "Jizz da Pit" "Slither" hahahahahaha you can never compare Axl Roses "worst songs" to Slash and Duffs....in case you need a reminder of how shitty they are allow me...

Be the ball - Life is one big arcade
Be the ball - The aim is to be the game
Be the ball - The next four minutes are a total suprise,
Be the ball - Hell bent, damn, we love to drive

hahah your comparing this shit to Oh My God???

if you want to compare what you consider to be Axl's "worse songs" to Slashes and Duffs i have two albums worth of shit like the above to post....

IMHO Slither is better than The Blues or Maddy. It has a lot more soul in it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #204 on: May 04, 2004, 10:29:06 PM »

Let's not even get into a whats better argument. They are different styles of songs, so it is hard to say one is better than the other. I would argue that none of the new songs from either Guns or VR sound very innovative. All of the new Guns stuff sounds like something we would have heard on the illusions, at least formula wise. And the VR stuff doesn't necessarily sound as hard as some of us would like. I love all the new stuff from both bands (well, not OMG or Silk worms) but I think we have alot to look forward too on both fronts.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #205 on: May 04, 2004, 10:38:06 PM »

I agree...why does it have to be gnr vs vr...why cant we enjoy both bands music?

The way I look at is is this way...Vr will rock but gnr will rock the world...

gnr have more potential and capabilities than vr. that doesnt mean vr will suck or i hate them...its just how i see it

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #206 on: May 04, 2004, 11:23:46 PM »

gnr have more potential and capabilities than vr. that doesnt mean vr will suck or i hate them...its just how i see it

No problem with your opinion, you're entitled to it..

But..

How did you come to this conclusion?

No one can argue Axl's lyrical abilities but you have to admit,
his sidemen have been less than prolific to say the least.  
Paul Westerberg was the main guy in The 'Mat's, Brain's not exactly a ever been a sought after drummer and Finck and Fortus have never been known for their songwriting abilities..

VR's line up boasts of 4 members with quite amazing rock resumes and another (Kushner) who's an alum of one of the most inventive bands of the last decade (Zilch).

So in terms of potential, I'd enjoy hearing how you came to your conclusion.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #207 on: May 04, 2004, 11:26:08 PM »

hihi
 rofl

I say the best thing Axl and the guys can do is just ignore their efforts to use GN'R to get publicity for VR.  Ever since the Vegas incident Slash realized that he can get more press talking about Axl and GN'R than he can doing anything else.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #208 on: May 04, 2004, 11:34:39 PM »

Paul Westerberg was the main guy in The 'Mat's, Brain's not exactly a ever been a sought after drummer and Finck and Fortus have never been known for their songwriting abilities..

VR's line up boasts of 4 members with quite amazing rock resumes and another (Kushner) who's an alum of one of the most inventive bands of the last decade (Zilch).

Becaus eof the osngs they have played so far. They have played different types of songs that are all good. Gnr seem like they have the flexibility and are willing and able to have a different sound rather than just a rock sound.....

Vr, and they have said this all along just want to "keep it simple, and jam". They will rock in doing that but after awhile it gets boring.

Although the members of gnr have not had any bigtime success they have underground success. Plus you forgot to mention buckethead. Him alone adds a whole dimension to gnrs sound. Im still pissed he is out but im pretty sure gnr will be keeping his material just re doing it with his replacement.

Again im not trying to say i think vr sucks. They dont. They have a great frontman and great guitarist. But they are limited. They will rock. But as of today they have done nothing that excites me or have done anything that is unique.

With gnr we will get all different kinds of elements along with the hard rock. It will be unique. Will it be good. i have no clue. that we have to wait and see. but there is a danger and excitement that coems with that. That is why gnr have more potential.

Gnr has more risk whereas vr is the safe bet. its that type of thing. Like tommy says,,,they will either be a huge success or a huge flop...time will tell

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #209 on: May 04, 2004, 11:42:29 PM »

Becaus eof the osngs they have played so far. They have played different types of songs that are all good. Gnr seem like they have the flexibility and are willing and able to have a different sound rather than just a rock sound.....

Vr, and they have said this all along just want to "keep it simple, and jam". They will rock in doing that but after awhile it gets boring.

Although the members of gnr have not had any bigtime success they have underground success. Plus you forgot to mention buckethead. Him alone adds a whole dimension to gnrs sound. Im still pissed he is out but im pretty sure gnr will be keeping his material just re doing it with his replacement.

Again im not trying to say i think vr sucks. They dont. They have a great frontman and great guitarist. But they are limited. They will rock. But as of today they have done nothing that excites me or have done anything that is unique.

With gnr we will get all different kinds of elements along with the hard rock. It will be unique. Will it be good. i have no clue. that we have to wait and see. but there is a danger and excitement that coems with that. That is why gnr have more potential.

Gnr has more risk whereas vr is the safe bet. its that type of thing. Like tommy says,,,they will either be a huge success or a huge flop...time will tell

Fair enough.

Where the "different kinds of elements" excites you, I find it horribly unfocused.  

I didn't forget BH, knowing Axl's history, he'll redo all of BH's parts.  That's speculation on my part of course..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2004, 11:44:44 PM »

I just thought I'd post Sorelle Saidman's article about The Black Hawk Down incident for those who don't know it... I myself hadn't read it in a long while... it also touches on the Big Daddy version of SCOM that we were fortunate enough to get

"Another reason has emerged for the continuing bad blood between Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and former guitarist Slash.
Rose reportedly told a fan at one of the band's recent Las Vegas concerts, where Slash was turned away at the door (allstar, Jan. 2), that he was angry at the guitarist for not "signing off" on a deal that would see a remake of the song "Welcome to the Jungle" used in the new Ridley Scott movie, Black Hawk Down.
The film's music supervisor, Kathy Nelson, confirmed to allstar that her company had been dealing unsuccessfully with Guns N' Roses' reps to include that song in the soundtrack, due out next Tuesday (Jan. 15), but she adds that she says she has no knowledge of the group's internal business.
"I found out that it's incredibly difficult to license Guns N' Roses songs," says Nelson. "We tried for the rights to the original masters, and then a re-recorded version. We came close, but it just wasn't going to happen."
Nelson adds that the movie is based on a true story and "Welcome to the Jungle" was the song playing during the real life incident, so the filmmakers were hoping to land the song for accuracy's sake. The track "Minstrel Boy" by Joe Strummer was used instead.
Sources close to the band confirm that at the best of times GN'R is notoriously reluctant to license their songs, and also note that the incident was not the first. Industry rumors of discontent circulated in 1999 over the use of "Sweet Child O' Mine" on the Big Daddy soundtrack. Rose reportedly promised the movie's producers that they could use a re-recorded version of the song, but met resistance from Slash and former bassist Duff McKagan.
The song, which "morphs" from the original into a new version with tracks added by the new band, ended up buried deep in the credits and not included on the album, amid threats of legal action. Another version recorded by Sheryl Crow, thought to have been a compromise, is also in the movie. Speculation says that this time around, the old members just wouldn't let it happen at all.
In other news, Slash has confirmed to a British publication that he did indeed disband his group, Slash's Snakepit. "You can't reinvent the start of Snakepit. That was my little thing, and it was a blast, seeing all those guys kind of doing it for the first time, but I was kind of carrying everybody through that," Slash reportedly told Classic Rock magazine, adding that he would be doing a Slash solo album in the near future.
The guitarist is currently without management or a label and was unavailable for comment. (Sorelle Saidman)

sorry I didn't save it with the date
 peace
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2004, 11:55:14 PM »

Where the "different kinds of elements" excites you, I find it horribly unfocused.
How? They are only giving us samples from each album...
GNr have said:
CD will be more guitar based
the follow up will be more agressive
and the third will be electronic stuff

how is that misdirection>?

I didn't forget BH, knowing Axl's history, he'll redo all of BH's parts.  That's speculation on my part of course..
I would agree, but Axl invested a lot in buckethead in terms of being a vitol part of the band. Plus i really beleive that when bucket came they made a lot more new material. Bucket is/was a vital memebr to gnr. I think his work will be too good to leave out. I could be dead wrong but on this i have a feeling that buckets stuff will remain on the album/s.

We will see though.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »

I'm gone for one day and this happens.  Looks like Axl will never win.  He just needs to come out and have a long interview explaining what hes going to do and how he is going to outsell VR with Chinese Democracy.  Fuck all this negative press I"M TIRED OF IT!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2004, 12:03:26 AM »

He just needs to come out and have a long interview explaining what hes going to do and how he is going to outsell VR with Chinese Democracy.
What gnr really need to do is release the album. That will be the only way to silence evryone or the bashing continue

providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2004, 12:22:44 AM »

I just thought I'd post Sorelle Saidman's article about The Black Hawk Down incident for those who don't know it... I myself hadn't read it in a long while... it also touches on the Big Daddy version of SCOM that we were fortunate enough to get

"Another reason has emerged for the continuing bad blood between Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose and former guitarist Slash.
Rose reportedly told a fan at one of the band's recent Las Vegas concerts, where Slash was turned away at the door (allstar, Jan. 2), that he was angry at the guitarist for not "signing off" on a deal that would see a remake of the song "Welcome to the Jungle" used in the new Ridley Scott movie, Black Hawk Down.
The film's music supervisor, Kathy Nelson, confirmed to allstar that her company had been dealing unsuccessfully with Guns N' Roses' reps to include that song in the soundtrack, due out next Tuesday (Jan. 15), but she adds that she says she has no knowledge of the group's internal business.
"I found out that it's incredibly difficult to license Guns N' Roses songs," says Nelson. "We tried for the rights to the original masters, and then a re-recorded version. We came close, but it just wasn't going to happen."
Nelson adds that the movie is based on a true story and "Welcome to the Jungle" was the song playing during the real life incident, so the filmmakers were hoping to land the song for accuracy's sake. The track "Minstrel Boy" by Joe Strummer was used instead.
Sources close to the band confirm that at the best of times GN'R is notoriously reluctant to license their songs, and also note that the incident was not the first. Industry rumors of discontent circulated in 1999 over the use of "Sweet Child O' Mine" on the Big Daddy soundtrack. Rose reportedly promised the movie's producers that they could use a re-recorded version of the song, but met resistance from Slash and former bassist Duff McKagan.
The song, which "morphs" from the original into a new version with tracks added by the new band, ended up buried deep in the credits and not included on the album, amid threats of legal action. Another version recorded by Sheryl Crow, thought to have been a compromise, is also in the movie. Speculation says that this time around, the old members just wouldn't let it happen at all.
In other news, Slash has confirmed to a British publication that he did indeed disband his group, Slash's Snakepit. "You can't reinvent the start of Snakepit. That was my little thing, and it was a blast, seeing all those guys kind of doing it for the first time, but I was kind of carrying everybody through that," Slash reportedly told Classic Rock magazine, adding that he would be doing a Slash solo album in the near future.
The guitarist is currently without management or a label and was unavailable for comment. (Sorelle Saidman)

sorry I didn't save it with the date
 peace

So what this article is saying, Eva, is that the real reason Axl didn't let Slash into that show in Vegas(a gutless, scared, frightened, pathetic act, I might add) was because Slash wouldn't sign off on Axl re-recording WTTJ for BHD, so Axl threw a hissy fit & barred Slash from the show? Is that the story Eva? Cause if it is Axl is even more pathetic than I even thought, which I didn't think could be possible.

Axl wanted to put WTTJ on Black Hawk Down, & he did put SCOM on Big Daddy, and you Axl people say he's not whoring out the GnR name but if Slash & Duff did the same they would be whoring out the name? Is that your little argument?

If it is(which is) you're a bunch of hypocrits.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2004, 12:37:53 AM »

This one's for you Eva: crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

Keep my name out of your posts.

So what this article is saying, Eva, is that the real reason Axl didn't let Slash into that show in Vegas(a gutless, scared, frightened, pathetic act, I might add) was because Slash wouldn't sign off on Axl re-recording WTTJ for BHD, so Axl threw a hissy fit & barred Slash from the show? Is that the story Eva? Cause if it is Axl is even more pathetic than I even thought, which I didn't think could be possible.

Number 1:  The article doesn't say that.  You are.  And I don't agree with you.  

which brings me to Number 2....

as I've asked... please keep my name out of your posts.  I don't like your tone.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2004, 12:44:48 AM »

Have you guys read this? http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/documents/04/05/gnr.pdf

This is original official document for the court, converted to PDF (Adobe Acrobat). You can read the following:

"Plaintiffs (ie Slash and Duff) are ignorant of the true names and capacities of defendants sued herein (...) and sue those defendants by such fictitious names."

What the fuck does that mean? Slash and Duff don't know Axl's real name?? And why defendants when I only see Axl as the defendant on the official document?

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2004, 12:55:46 AM »

OH MY GOD THIS SHIT IS HYSTERICAL!!!
THEY ARE SAYING THAT AXL LEFT THE BAND!!!

i gotta finish reading it...
thats just at the beginning part...

this looks, right off the bat... to be a hell of a lot more than some $$ at stake...

THEY ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE THE ACTUAL REMAINING MEMBERS OF GUNS N ROSES!!!

OH THIS IS RICH!!!!

they want the fucking name...
they want ALL THE RIGHTS EXCLUSIVELY TO GNR MATERIAL

ACCORDING TO... oops sorry for the caps
according to their claim THEY are the real Guns N' Roses

hm.. then perhaps they better get going on releasing an album for Geffen  hihi

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2004, 01:02:02 AM »

Yeah according to them Axl left in 1995 and they want to remain the only two owners of the Guns N' Roses name. When you read the file you find out lots of weird things, but apparently this stuff occurred since 1995, so I still wonder why they file that lawsuit right now?

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2004, 01:11:10 AM »

They are not contesting that he owns the name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They say that about 15 million times in the brief. What they are arguing is that various recordings and licensing fees and whatnot are owned by the original partnership which was set up between the three of them. They are arguing that he effectively left that partnership by written notice on dec 30, 1995 and thus forfeited his right to make decisions based on the owned properties of the original GNR partnership. I think this could get very interesting, because if Axl did in fact offer a written resignation from the partnership which they maintained happened, they argue he then is only entitled to the share alloted to those who left the partnership which was written into the contract.

If what they are alleging is true and they can prove it, Axl may actually lose decision making authority over the back catalog in terms of licensing and whatnot.

This will get very very intersting as there is some serious money at stake. This is different from what I thought was initially going on, I guess reading the brief sheds alot of light on things.  Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: