Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 07:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who to replace Buckethead?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who to replace Buckethead?  (Read 40850 times)
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2004, 12:23:27 PM »

I dont think anyone will be replacing Buckethead if he's indeed gone.

Robin will do it on his own.

Maybe Axl should do Estranged at RIR 4 and dedicate it to Buckethead.  Might touch him and convince him to come back.

"I'll never find anyone to replace you
Guess I'll have to make it thru, this time
Oh this time
Without you"

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2004, 12:29:18 PM »

I dont think anyone will be replacing Buckethead if he's indeed gone.

Robin will do it on his own.

Maybe Axl should do Estranged at RIR 4 and dedicate it to Buckethead.  Might touch him and convince him to come back.

"I'll never find anyone to replace you
Guess I'll have to make it thru, this time
Oh this time
Without you"

OR... he could dedicate those line's to... well.. SLASH!?  hihi

they dont need more players, finck rules! its just so many people hate him cuz he is "goth" so he doesnt fit in with whats normal. now why people loved BH, is kinda beyond my mind :p both are great players, evethough BH was a little beter  hihi

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2004, 01:08:07 PM »

This is what id like to see happen

Brian May fills in on guitar at rio,then he helps axl finish off Chinese Democracy and then when Motley Crue reunites in 05 Traci Guns becomes the full time lead guitar player. then itd truly be Guns N Roses.

i also think Wes Borland would be an awsome fit.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2004, 01:11:21 PM »

Brian May fills in on guitar at rio,then he helps axl finish off Chinese Democracy and then when Motley Crue reunites in 05 Traci Guns becomes the full time lead guitar player. then itd truly be Guns N Roses.

but isnt borland a 7string player? that would be weird for GNR, but they have tried everything else so.. as long as it sounds good. tracii guns would be cool though... Cheesy

Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2004, 01:18:31 PM »

I dont know about borland if hes a 7 stringer or not but he could fit in great with the new look and all,but traci is still my top pick or even toni iommi

chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2004, 01:39:17 PM »

Isn't Josh Freese in Evanescence now? I really doubt he would leave a promising career with them to join Axl's freakshow...  Roll Eyes
Josh is in A Perfect Circle and josh helped tommy out on his solo record and has played in guns n roses before it would be a good fit but I don't think it will happen.I think the possibility of a reuion is greater now than in the past because Velvet Revolver keeps pushing the album back much like another band I know.I dont think GN'R is done yet no matter what slash or axl says you know deep inside they want to be back on stage with one another and even if izzy won't touch a reuion they can allways keep richard I like his stylr or they could get dave kushner if slash and matt would do it and if tommy leavs they can talk to duff i don't think he is as bitter as the other members are in fact I think all the bitterness is almost gone all the old guys have said they still have love for axl.These are just my thoughts.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2004, 02:39:30 PM »

Buckethead will be replaced by his new GNR specific persona.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2004, 02:43:30 PM »

I would go for Brian May
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2004, 02:44:54 PM »

Tracii Guns is a cool option too
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2004, 02:49:45 PM »

If Buckethead is out, Axl's got some challenge ahead of him. Apart from finding someone to replace him - and he's surely exhausted all the possibilities, given that practically every guitarist in LA's been in his new GN'R at one point or another - he's got to strip Buckethead's guitar parts from the album, re-record them with the new guitarist, rehearse with the new guitarist and the band, and possibly re-record whole tracks from the album (to get that "chemistry" that you only get from having players in a room with each other). Oh yeah, and the new boy (or girl) might want to bring their own stuff to the table in the form of new songs. And all this has to be done before Rio. And they might have to go through the whole process with a drummer, if Brain tags along with Bucket. Great. Slash must be laughing his ass off right about now...

There are possibilities though. Axl's still friendly with Zakk Wylde, isn't he? He's got the skills, and more importantly the GN'R vibe that many naysayers (myself not included) claimed Buckethead lacked. As for drummers, I suppose there's Josh Freese. Would either of these high-profile artists be willing to hitch themselves to Axl's train wreck, though? The other possibility is to do a Limp Bizkit and hold open auditions, in the hope that some unknown virtuoso might be found in a backstreet guitar shop.

Hell, it's not as if he can even phone Slash and beg him to come back. I mean, the top-hatted one has his own high-profile band that are in a great position to capitalise on the Greatest Hits release. Axl's engineered his own downfall here. Sad

Sod it, I'm off to listen to some Velvet Revolver.

SG
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2004, 02:53:23 PM »

I would go for Brian May
SO BH is gone Mysteron can you confirm this.Are the rio plans still in tact
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2004, 02:59:40 PM »

it's in the other thread. management says he has contract. take it for what it's worth.

the cancellation for Rio should happen as we get into april.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2004, 03:05:39 PM »

Ya they could have an audition but i cant see it happening,i think itll be someone whos already played with them.e.g brian,traci,gilby...and kinda knows the stuff

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2004, 05:24:09 PM »

Id obviously say Slash or Izzy but failing that Tracii Guns would be good. however if Axl was gonna go back to Tracii - inparticular his style of playing, he might as well just get Slash back!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 05:32:49 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2004, 05:31:45 PM »

I don't know why everyone thinks Zakk Wylde has a huge ego.  He doesn't, he's just stubborn.  There's a difference.

Anyway, if he sorted out his crappy rythym tone, then I think he'd be the best man for the job, because he'd give Axl the massive kick up the backside he's been deserving for the last 5 years.

But unless Ozzy quits touring (which is very unlikely) then I don't see it happening.

But that's not gonna happen anyway.  Axl is going to leave GN'R.  Dizzy will carry on, but Axl is going to join Van Halen.  He is the perfect fit.  He's overwieght. He's an egomaniac.  His hair isn't his own.  No-one wants to work with him.  He's like Dave Lee Roth II.  rofl rofl

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2004, 06:21:28 PM »

I would like to hear Greg Mackintosh (from british Paradise Lost) as a guest musician on a song or two.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2004, 06:37:29 PM »

Dave Mustaine
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2004, 06:44:33 PM »

Dave Mustaine

no can do. he had to quit megadeth because he has some troubles with his nerves so that his hand twiches now and then. poor guy  crying

Bravefish
Rocker

Live and Let Die

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2004, 06:46:23 PM »

Im positive that none of these will ever happen, but if they did then GNR would be right bk at the top where they belong (but not better than axl slash, that will always be GNR)

Van Halen
STEVE VAI
or Zakk Wylde Smiley

Fish
MIIKA
Headliner

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2004, 06:50:41 PM »

Dave Mustaine

no can do. he had to quit megadeth because he has some troubles with his nerves so that his hand twiches now and then. poor guy  crying

Actually Daves hand is ok now. And there will be new Megadeth album released soon.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: