Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GnR at Westlemania XX - from WWE newsletter  (Read 80806 times)
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2004, 09:43:28 AM »

We have heard a very strong rumor that the Triple Threat match featuring Triple H, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michaels at WMXX will be a ladder match.

Another rumor that is making its way around the internet Guns n Roses message boards is that the band will perform at WrestleMania XX. Obviously at this point this is just a rumor.

As always, we'll keep you updated.
wonder where they got that idea from??? Roll Eyes

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2004, 09:46:49 AM »

We have heard a very strong rumor that the Triple Threat match featuring Triple H, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michaels at WMXX will be a ladder match.

Another rumor that is making its way around the internet Guns n Roses message boards is that the band will perform at WrestleMania XX. Obviously at this point this is just a rumor.

As always, we'll keep you updated.
wonder where they got that idea from??? Roll Eyes

hihi

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
withoutyoubaby
Rocker

« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2004, 10:09:53 AM »

It would definately represent a "get in the ring" outlook.

Maybe he's ready to kick some ass, If it is at all true.

Do you remember me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2004, 10:15:56 AM »

Nevermind if its true or not.....look how popular this board has become!

150 posts per rumour.....thats pretty damn good! Imagine when we have real news....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2004, 10:38:02 AM »

Meltzer says he has heard the rumor

Management say that none of this is true

peace
Now, you not only have connections with GNR management you also have a connection with an Internet wrestling columnist (Meltzer)Huh!! Are you also in contact with the president? Give me a break.  drool

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2004, 10:44:56 AM »

peace
Now, you not only have connections with GNR management you also have a connection with an Internet wrestling columnist (Meltzer)Huh!! Are you also in contact with the president? Give me a break.  drool

Ummmmm....Meltzer's email addy is right up on his wrestling observer web page....not too hard to shoot him off an email.  I've heard he's pretty responsive to just about everyone who emails him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2004, 10:53:11 AM »

peace

hihi
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2004, 11:04:52 AM »

Another thing Wrestlemania is HUGE, milllions and millions of people from around the world watch it every year

Yeah 5-10 years old people...next GNR should play cartoon network tv channel...Million and millions of people watch that channel... Roll Eyes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2004, 11:07:14 AM »

next GNR should play cartoon network tv channel

Slash knows what that is like.   Grin

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2004, 11:12:21 AM »

Another thing Wrestlemania is HUGE, milllions and millions of people from around the world watch it every year

Yeah 5-10 years old people...next GNR should play cartoon network tv channel...Million and millions of people watch that channel... Roll Eyes

I actually think the majority of people that watch wrestling are a little older the 10 years old.  Like I said before if this were to happen it wouldn't be that bad of a thing.  So stop acting like a 10 year old, and be positive.  Why the fuck would it be so bad for GNR to play at wrestlemania??  Are you scared for GNR to become mainstream again?

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2004, 11:14:59 AM »

Actually, FYI, their strongest demo is 18 to 25 year old males (sound familiar? It should, it's considered the largest music buying segment on the planet).  And their numbers in that demo are pretty compelling, in the advertising world.  Sure, there is a stigma associated (rightly or wrongly) with the product, buy hey, sometime that's a selling point in itself.  

Also, in today's "wrestling world", I sure wouldn't let my 5 to 10 year old kid watch. Yowza....

Together again,
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2004, 11:20:55 AM »

I actually think the majority of people that watch wrestling are a little older the 10 years old.  Like I said before if this were to happen it wouldn't be that bad of a thing.  So stop acting like a 10 year old, and be positive.  Why the fuck would it be so bad for GNR to play at wrestlemania??  Are you scared for GNR to become mainstream again?

Well put

What is everyone's problem?

This would be awesome for GNR! (Plus we could all watch it)

It would be mass exposure to an appropriate demographic group.

All this bullshit about damaging their repuation...they have a guitarist that used to play with Nysnc for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2004, 11:28:09 AM »

Well put

What is everyone's problem?

This would be awesome for GNR! (Plus we could all watch it)

It would be mass exposure to an appropriate demographic group.

All this bullshit about damaging their repuation...they have a guitarist that used to play with Nysnc for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!

lol....well put
anyways we should know soon enough...cuz thew word is spreading fast among the gnr and wwe committe
and we know that these guys are the most used to rumours!! hihi

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2004, 11:30:35 AM »

Ya wrestlemania's like next to the superbowl in tv ratings. theres so many people that watch wrestlemania from ages like 6 to 75. not even joking. it would be amazing to see guns n roses at wrestlemania 20. huge promotion. cant wait

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
coolbuddy
Rocker

patience is all you need....

« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2004, 11:33:16 AM »

I agree Izzy bro! Hey if all the mainstream bands can do that then so can our Good ol' Gn'FR!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2004, 12:10:55 PM »

Wrestling isn't THAT big....
Make no mistake about it...Wrestling, while not enjoying the popularity it did in years past, is still a HUGE moneymaker.  

Oh, and it IS beamed to hundreds of countries, world wide.

Sorry, I don't like going off topic but it seems like some of you have no clue about how big football is in the rest of the world.

Facts about the 2002 World Cup:

Television coverage reached 213 countries, virtually every country in the world.

The cumulative audience over the 25 match days of the 2002 event reached a total of 28.8 billion viewers.

These impressive figures make the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan? the most extensively covered and viewed event in television history.

The 20 most viewed matches of the tournament achieved an impressive average market share of 84.8%. The largest market share, 94.2%, was reached during Brazilian broadcaster TV Globo's coverage of the England v. Brazil quarter-final (46 million viewers and a 30.2% rating). This is an impressive audience for a broadcast that took place at 3.30 am local time.

Out-of-home viewing contributed to the 2002 Final being the most viewed match in FIFA World Cup? history, with 1.1 billion individuals watching this game.

The most viewed event in the world

http://www.fifa.com/en/marketing/facts/key.html

So if GN'R wants BIG coverage, play in Germany in the summer of 2006. Cheesy

I'd rather see GN'R doing something else than appear on some wrestling show.

Play a benefit show or something. Maybe even the media would say something nice about GN'R if they decided to do something like that....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2004, 12:23:18 PM »

Good
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2004, 12:46:04 PM »

Wrestling isn't THAT big....
Make no mistake about it...Wrestling, while not enjoying the popularity it did in years past, is still a HUGE moneymaker.  

Oh, and it IS beamed to hundreds of countries, world wide.

Sorry, I don't like going off topic but it seems like some of you have no clue about how big football is in the rest of the world.

Facts about the 2002 World Cup:

Television coverage reached 213 countries, virtually every country in the world.

The cumulative audience over the 25 match days of the 2002 event reached a total of 28.8 billion viewers.

These impressive figures make the 2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan™ the most extensively covered and viewed event in television history.

The 20 most viewed matches of the tournament achieved an impressive average market share of 84.8%. The largest market share, 94.2%, was reached during Brazilian broadcaster TV Globo's coverage of the England v. Brazil quarter-final (46 million viewers and a 30.2% rating). This is an impressive audience for a broadcast that took place at 3.30 am local time.

Out-of-home viewing contributed to the 2002 Final being the most viewed match in FIFA World Cup™ history, with 1.1 billion individuals watching this game.

The most viewed event in the world

http://www.fifa.com/en/marketing/facts/key.html

So if GN'R wants BIG coverage, play in Germany in the summer of 2006. Cheesy

I'd rather see GN'R doing something else than appear on some wrestling show.

Play a benefit show or something. Maybe even the media would say something nice about GN'R if they decided to do something like that....

/jarmo

I realize football is huge in the rest of the world. I never said it wasn't. And I, too, think them playing at the Word Cup would be a good idea.   However, you seem to imply that wrestling "isnt' that big", and that assumption would be incorrect.

In Fiscal  '03, for example, WWE beamed PPV's (including WM 19) to over 100 countries worldwide, to the tune of something like 95 million dollars in ppv revenue. And WWE posts similar numbers EVERY year (actually, '03 numbers were down a bit), rather than once every 4 years. It might not have the broad appeal of football/soccer, but it's still HUGE, on a global scale.  That number only stands to go up, this year, as they've signed Terrestrial deals with in Italy, large parts of the Pacific Rim, Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, and Latin America.  Wrestling is Big business, with a capital B, and it targets the EXACT same demographic that the Music Industry is after...  

You may not like the product, and that's fine, but let's not allow our personal bias to cloud reality.  

« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 12:48:42 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Platoon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2004, 12:51:25 PM »

Metallica is no more pop than GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2004, 01:01:11 PM »

with all due respect jarmo wrestlemania 20 is not just "some" wrestling show, it is the super bowl of wrestling they set an indoor attendance record at safeco field in seattle last year, this show is at madison square garden, it will be seen by 20 to 30 million if not more people worldwide

so lets not treat it like its some sort of backyard redneck show, this is a class event where the best matches happen and everything is exciting, it is a priviledge to play at an event like wrestlemania so u people stop bashing wrestling

and axl #69 or whoever u are junior, dont insult wrestling or bon jovi cause u obviously dont know shit about either and u look retarded when u try to comment on either one

what music do u listen to tough guy? spit it out! gnr,chili peppers,bon jovi, prince here, who do u like?

i admit who i like and im proud of it, at least im probably not a closet nsync fan like u are and if i did like any band im not afraid to admit it at all

wrestling is not for the hillbilly inbred etc, wrestling is mainstream and it kicks ass and it would be awesome if gnr were playing at wrestlemania, more people will be watching wrestlemania than watched the mtv video awards

and the biggest thing u people are overlooking is the fact if gnr do play wrestlemania thats a huge indicator that c.d. is coming out

like i previously stated and izzy just said, wrestling is the same demographic that gnr are targeting, so its an incredible excellent opportunity, wrestling fans buy albums

wwe put out cds all the time that go platinum or at least gold, and thats for wrestlers theme music, so any help is needed and would be great!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: