Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..  (Read 50291 times)
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2004, 05:16:41 AM »

I hope there is a way to get rid of GH, is there still away to do it, Is there hope for us Gunners to see CD, to experience what many here have been waiting for since UYI I & II came out.  I don't know if its because its late or what but at times the GNR situation really pisses me off as a fan, I wish they could just get their act together and wrap shit up and release CD rant. Is there any hope of GH going to hell and CD coming out? Sad

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2004, 06:10:31 AM »

Cheers dark, your info posts are always a good read. ok

Riot In Everyone!
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2004, 08:20:43 AM »

If IRS was a final mix, they should have put it on GH as a bonus track after all the publicity last year.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2004, 08:23:59 AM »

If IRS was a final mix, they should have put it on GH as a bonus track after all the publicity last year.

They can't do that - at least, from my understanding.  Axl's 'creative control' clauses in the contract would allow him to control the release (official, anyway) of any material recorded since the contract has been signed.  That would cover IRS or anything else done during the Chinese Democracy sessions.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2004, 08:39:33 AM »

thanks for info Dark!

so we should get the postponed ad with in few weeks, if we are going to here the new album sometime soon? (as mysteron has told also). and what is this talk about label dropping GNR, I thought they were into this together fighting against Universal..
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 08:41:55 AM by John Daniels » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2004, 08:41:31 AM »

They can't do that - at least, from my understanding.  Axl's 'creative control' clauses in the contract would allow him to control the release (official, anyway) of any material recorded since the contract has been signed.  That would cover IRS or anything else done during the Chinese Democracy sessions.

-darknemus

Until there is proven material breech of contract (and it would have to be on the part of Axl, not the label), or until a certain time period passes from the contract expiration (I think it's 20 years, but I can never remember), the label can't publish the material without artist (or the artist's estate, if they're dead) consent.  Hence, the whole saga with the new Nirvana song on their GH album.  Kurt's estate (meaning his ho-bag "wife") had to approve the release....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2004, 08:44:06 AM »

thanks for info Dark!

so we should get the postponed ad with in few weeks, if we are going to here the new album sometime soon? (as mysteron has told also). and what is this talk about label dropping GNR, I thought they were into this together fighting against Universal..

The label IS Universal (indirectly, at least...Geffen is their label, owned by Interscop, owned by Universal Music).  Their MANAGEMENT company, however, is Sanctuary.  

Together again,
BottleOfPills
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2004, 09:38:16 AM »

There's a few problems with this post.  I'm not going to Flame just state a key fact.

Everyone here knows what it is....  

Anyone that posts so-called inside information NEVER NAMES A NAME.

That to me is the key point.

Second and this is mostly speculation on my part.  But I do not see why a record label would release songs to a File Sharing Network.  This has the potential to really hurt the sales of the album.  The point here is that Axl has already had his "advance" from the album.  If the album was to ever make the light of day, then the record company would then get their advance back and probably additional, before GNR starts making any significant profit off of it.

That's the way the business works.

Personally, my opinion is that the New GNR sucks, and I'll take MR. Brownstone over The Blues, or Chinese Democracy any day.  That is the core problem, this album doesn't Rock and I dont' think it will ever see the light of day.  I have 10 years of evidence to back me up on that one.

But I'll buy it if it comes out.
kockstar99
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2004, 09:48:34 AM »

There's a few problems with this post.  I'm not going to Flame just state a key fact.

Everyone here knows what it is....  

Anyone that posts so-called inside information NEVER NAMES A NAME.

That to me is the key point.

Second and this is mostly speculation on my part.  But I do not see why a record label would release songs to a File Sharing Network.  This has the potential to really hurt the sales of the album.  The point here is that Axl has already had his "advance" from the album.  If the album was to ever make the light of day, then the record company would then get their advance back and probably additional, before GNR starts making any significant profit off of it.

That's the way the business works.

Personally, my opinion is that the New GNR sucks, and I'll take MR. Brownstone over The Blues, or Chinese Democracy any day.  That is the core problem, this album doesn't Rock and I dont' think it will ever see the light of day.  I have 10 years of evidence to back me up on that one.

But I'll buy it if it comes out.

I agree 100 percent...the label isnt going to put the songs on a file sharing network...come on get real..... and all this talk about "creative control" "and all songs recorded after the contract was signed"  how the hell would some nerd on the internet know when the contract was signed? this is prob the same contract that was signed in the SLASH days....sure the GnR members have changed, but the contract is still between the label and GnR..... Thats why the GnR name is worth so much...due to the huge advance money that the next GnR record is promised..... think what you want but in the end we all know nothing...
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2004, 10:14:51 AM »

All of these rumors are getting old.....The truth is finally here, and it seems that some of you can't accept the fact that GH will most likely be the end of Gun n Roses. This will be the last official release by these guys.....You have to realize that Axl's silence is his way of telling fans that he is done. Im sure 5 years from now, Ill check this site, and you guys will be here listing "sources" who know when Chinese Democracy will finally come out. Let me be your source and say "It's Over"....go find another band to bow down to...Tesla is finally coming out with a new album in March...maybe you guys can check that one out.
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2004, 10:35:55 AM »

All of these rumors are getting old.....The truth is finally here, and it seems that some of you can't accept the fact that GH will most likely be the end of Gun n Roses. This will be the last official release by these guys.....You have to realize that Axl's silence is his way of telling fans that he is done. Im sure 5 years from now, Ill check this site, and you guys will be here listing "sources" who know when Chinese Democracy will finally come out. Let me be your source and say "It's Over"....go find another band to bow down to...Tesla is finally coming out with a new album in March...maybe you guys can check that one out.

the end of GNR huh? Who else thinks so in here???
I don't but if you look at it realisticly thant everybody in here needs to admit that a lot of things are "hinting" in that direction.

Huh

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2004, 10:53:49 AM »

thanks for info Dark!

The label IS Universal (indirectly, at least...Geffen is their label, owned by Interscop, owned by Universal Music).  Their MANAGEMENT company, however, is Sanctuary.  

thanks for clearing up! I have mixed a couple of those things up.
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2004, 10:57:27 AM »

Greatest Hits will not be the end of Guns and Roses.  It is however the end of the old GNR but it also is the start of the new GNR.  There are a ton of bands that have released GH but they did not end.  There is no one but you who thinks this way.  

Oh and Tesla?? WTF? confused rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2004, 11:19:20 AM »

The thing is, it doesn't go along with what Mysteron has told us, and it's basically been confirmed that Mysteron is legit (or, jarmo is in on his scam too).

I'm not part of any scam.

My username is actually my real name! Hard to imagine right? Wink

Why would the record company leak album tracks? They're the ones making money of the sold albums..... They're the ones who usually get pissed when an album leaks before its release.  Huh

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

""  how the hell would some nerd on the internet know when the contract was signed? this is prob the same contract that was signed in the SLASH days....sure the GnR members have changed, but the contract is still between the label and GnR..... "

Because that's how it works in a standard industry contract.  I can't imagine why Axl and the band would sign away what is a standard artist "right" (creative control over when material is initially released/published).  If anything, I would expect them to have demanded MORE control, etc, rather than less.

And I certainly don't see where dark speculates when the contract was signed....only that there is one.  He could, perhaps, have been more clear and said "when any new material is released for the first time (officially, at least)" but I think his point was obvious.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2004, 11:35:54 AM »

The thing is, it doesn't go along with what Mysteron has told us, and it's basically been confirmed that Mysteron is legit (or, jarmo is in on his scam too).

I'm not part of any scam.

My username is actually my real name! Hard to imagine right? Wink

Why would the record company leak album tracks? They're the ones making money of the sold albums..... They're the ones who usually get pissed when an album leaks before its release.  Huh

/jarmo

I agree.  That's the one part of dark's info I find to be less likely to happen.  The rest of his post is logical, and relatively plausible.  The File Sharing Network piece I find to be unlikely, not just because of the fact it would likely lead to lost revenue, etc, but because it would set a dangerous legal precedent.  The RIAA would be hard pressed to sue illegal downloader if/when a major label allowed/initiated a way for consumers to download new material copyrighted material for free. Hell, the label could face a huge lawsuit from the band, itself.  I'm not sure they'd be willing to risk that kind of exposure.

Together again,
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2004, 11:55:57 AM »

I sure believe the "all hell has broken loose" part of the post... Seriously - it's a madhouse anywhere GnR related now.

rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2004, 12:17:39 PM »

The truth is finally here, and it seems that some of you can't accept the fact that GH will most likely be the end of Guns n Roses. This will be the last official release by these guys.....You have to realize that Axl's silence is his way of telling fans that he is done

Totally right! That's what I said a couple of days ago, Axl will NEVER say "Guns n' Roses is over". He won't tell a word. never. if it's over, don't expect him to say it is. he is too proud to recognize he failed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 12:19:17 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
loretian
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2004, 12:21:29 PM »

I agree.  That's the one part of dark's info I find to be less likely to happen.  The rest of his post is logical, and relatively plausible.  The File Sharing Network piece I find to be unlikely, not just because of the fact it would likely lead to lost revenue, etc, but because it would set a dangerous legal precedent.  The RIAA would be hard pressed to sue illegal downloader if/when a major label allowed/initiated a way for consumers to download new material copyrighted material for free. Hell, the label could face a huge lawsuit from the band, itself.  I'm not sure they'd be willing to risk that kind of exposure.

That's a good point.

Also, while dark's theory is logical and relatively plausible (though I do think it's a bit of a stretch), there's also a another theory that's completely logical and also plausible.

The Greatest Hits release is something Axl doesn't want, but doesn't have the power to stop, like, apparently, the recently released DVDs.  Geffen wants to release it because they think it'll help improve the sales of Chinese Democracy, Axl doesn't want anything to do with the old band being put out there, especially since he feels there's already been a Greatest Hits type release for the old band (Live Era).  It's not punishment by the label, it's them doing and being what they are - a corporation, trying to make money.

According to Mysteron, who as I've said before has been proven to be legit, and never said a single word which anyone can disprove, the management is preparing for the release of CD regardless of GH.

This appears to be a much more simple explanation, and it fits with all the facts we know.  All the doomsday predictions are people freaking out and thinking this might be the end of it all.  I think we should all just chill for a little longer and wait and see what happens.  Something is definitely going to happen soon.

That said, dark could be absolutely right, and this could be the beginning of a gigantic clusterfuck, so, those who feel so inclined, continue the speculation......
kockstar99
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2004, 01:05:05 PM »

""  how the hell would some nerd on the internet know when the contract was signed? this is prob the same contract that was signed in the SLASH days....sure the GnR members have changed, but the contract is still between the label and GnR..... "

Because that's how it works in a standard industry contract.  I can't imagine why Axl and the band would sign away what is a standard artist "right" (creative control over when material is initially released/published).  If anything, I would expect them to have demanded MORE control, etc, rather than less.

way to say the exact same thing i did...... Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: