Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 12:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GH story, the IRS connection, the possible future..  (Read 50302 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2004, 03:44:34 PM »

Tool and NIN fans have the same problems, so its not just gnr fans.

Umm, dave, Trent doesnt just blow off shows, no-show events, yell at sound people, throw down the mike and storm off stage, tell Interviewers what questions to ask him, and attack audience members because they're taking pictures of him.  I don't think Maynard does, either.  Therefore, those bands fans don't have the issues with an extremely on the edge frontman like we do.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2004, 04:01:10 PM »

dark never says his posts are the truth, he just passes along what he hears.

and as for Dizzy...well, if the record was being held up for some reason because of Axl I really doubt Dizzy would come out and say it.  he'll say whatever looks best for the band.  i'm not saying i don't believe dizzy, cuz he is in the band and seems close to axl.  but if axl were the problem, there's no way in hell dizzy would admit it in an interview.  just some food for thought.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »

dave-gnfnr2k, regardless of whether or not you find a post to be BS, ALL I'm saying is that you will get on a message board, claim that you're sick of people living their lives around a CD, yet still post here everyday and debate every topic...Could I have articulated my point less harshly, yes, and I apologize to you, but I myself am absolutely sick of posters that come on and criticize others here for holding out on a dose of hope.....
As for Dizzy Reed's comments, I never stated that I believed or didn't believe one person over another....All I said to Jarmo was that I felt he shouldn't take Dizzy Reed's comments as proof, and that the past indicates that this is a logical conclusion.  Jarmo said he finds Dizzy's posts interesting, I said I preferred to discuss the more conspiracy-inclined stuff, that's all...For fuck's sake, I'm an X-files fan, and to tell you the truth, I don't actually believe most of the stuff I've heard in the last 2 years regarding GNR...it's just plain fun....sorry to ruffle feathers...carry on...have one on me!
 beer

Cheers,
Joe
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2004, 04:04:43 PM »

Well, from what I've been told, a release of the Greatest Hits album should have minimal-to-no effect on the release of 'Chinese Democracy'. And yes, the album is finished, just the details about the release, promotion, etc. need to be decided, and that shouldn't take all that long. And I can vouch for Dark about the album definitely being out by late-May. My source is a woman very connected to the band  ok

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2004, 04:04:50 PM »

Tool and NIN fans have the same problems, so its not just gnr fans.

How can you compare the situation with Tool to the situation with GNR? Sure, we have to wait a while for a Tool album but we have A Perfect Circle while we are waiting. It's not like Maynard just holes himself up somewhere for years on end.  He is out there utilizing his talents as much as possible by fronting 2 bands.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #125 on: February 21, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »

A bit off-topic, but can anyone remember when APC's Thirteenth Step was released hearing on MTV.com that the next Tool record would be a CD with an accompanying DVD movie ala the Wall?  Don't know if that still is or was ever the plan, but if I find it, I'll be sure to post...
joe
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #126 on: February 21, 2004, 04:17:16 PM »

It was released back in September.
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2004, 04:22:58 PM »

no, no, i have that GirlGunner, it had an ASTONISHING version of Led Zep's No Quarter on it...this project is completely separate..

Edit: Ok GirlGunner, it was actually when Lateralus came out, so it's fairly outdated (outside the world of GNR, 2001 is ancient history....lol), but they talk about the desire to make a "wall type film" and the financial obstacles, but the CD or "soundtrack" as Maynard called it, was simply conjecture by MJK....Here's the link if any of you are intrigued....

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1443818/05172001/tool.jhtml

Cheers,
Joe
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 04:30:59 PM by oneway23 » Logged
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2004, 05:13:42 PM »

no, no, i have that GirlGunner, it had an ASTONISHING version of Led Zep's No Quarter on it...this project is completely separate..

Edit: Ok GirlGunner, it was actually when Lateralus came out, so it's fairly outdated (outside the world of GNR, 2001 is ancient history....lol), but they talk about the desire to make a "wall type film" and the financial obstacles, but the CD or "soundtrack" as Maynard called it, was simply conjecture by MJK....Here's the link if any of you are intrigued....

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1443818/05172001/tool.jhtml

Cheers,
Joe

Oh my mistake, I thought you were asking when Thirtheenth Step was released.  Embarrassed Thanks for the link!
oneway23
VIP

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2004, 05:23:38 PM »

No worries Gunner...I'll be ecstatic if even half of that turns out to be the case....
cheers
joe
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2004, 10:58:25 PM »

I can compare Axl to trent and maynard easily.
Even see how long it takes between tool and nins albums?
And APC doesnt count since its not manyards baby, its the guitarist.

And yes dark maynard does run off stage pissed off and throws his mike down.
At the tool show in boston he fucked up some lyrics and walked off stage and let the band finish the rest of the song by themselves.

Also how long has tapeworm (trent and maynards project) being in the works? Quite a long time.

oneway23 last time i looked i dont debate every topic and only post here about 2 times a day, i hardly post on any gnr boards right now since nothing is going on but bullshit like this post.  And if someone is going to make up shit in  a post like this, im going to call it bullshit.

Dizzys wife read this post and said this is the first she has heard of any of it, so what does that tell you?
Its bullshit. End of story.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2004, 11:41:40 PM »

Dizzys wife read this post and said this is the first she has heard of any of it, so what does that tell you?

Where did you hear this?  And more importantly, why do you believe it?  Did I miss something?

And Tiedhands, I'd like to hear the stroy of why you can't tell us your source.  I never get tired of hearing how someone can't give out their source.

/Tulip
loretian
« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2004, 11:45:20 PM »

Where did you hear this?  And more importantly, why do you believe it?  Did I miss something?

Dizzy's wife posts on the Dizzy Fuckin' Reed board, and she said it there.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2004, 11:46:49 PM »

And Tiedhands, I'd like to hear the stroy of why you can't tell us your source.  I never get tired of hearing how someone can't give out their source.

/Tulip

She mods at the dizzy fan site, and said it.
And why do i believe it? ITs dizzys wife.
Id take her word over darks anyday.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2004, 11:47:48 PM »

What does it tell me?  It tells me one of three things.

A. The information my friend has is wrong, period.  Quite possible.

or:

B. Dizzy & Lisa are just as much in the dark as anyone else is in regards to GNR.  Which leads me to point C.

C. The story being told by Sanctuary (where it seems like Mysteron gets most of his information from) and Interscope (Which is definitely my friends source for the majority of his information) are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum.  This would also explain all sorts of anomalies, including but not limited to:

1. Axl being at odds with GH's release - going so far as considering a lawsuit.

2. Sanctuary mentioning preparing for the albums release - but no talk of such coming from the Interscope side of things.

3. No mention of Rio IV on gnronline.com - the site currently maintained by Interscope, not by Sanctuary.

As far as Maynard getting pissed and tossing his mike down.  Its one song - not one show.. at least the guy shows up where he's booked.  And, just TRY to tell me that information is less free-flowing from the TOOL / NIN camps than it ever is with GNR.  And if you do that, be sure to cite examples - because I sure dont see them.  Trent & Maynard may take a while - but at least they don't have Concert Promotion publications saying that either are "No longer an arena act".

dave, take off the rose covered (no pun intended) glasses and start seeing the forest through the trees.  There's chaos in GNR world - and no amount of Dizzy's "uh huh, its coming" and Bucket's introductions as "Guns n' Roses guitarist" events are going to settle things down.  Unless and until the red headed recluse decides to speak up - expect this kind of stuff to only get worse.  Just wait until someone's current contract with GNR ends - I cant WAIT to see people speak when they're freely allowed to.

I love Axl as much as anyone - but pretty much ALL of this is his fault.  The sooner HE realizes that, the sooner that he can let the music calm the masses and make the last 10 years fade away as the opening riffs of the disc take us away.

Until then, sorry - but where there's smoke, there's fire.  Call me a liar and a BS artist and anything else you want - but look at the undeniable facts and you'll see the reality of the situation.

-darknemus

TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2004, 12:06:51 AM »

GNR are dead people.  The sooner you can accept this, the better off you'll be in the summer when you hear the bad news yes
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #136 on: February 22, 2004, 12:11:07 AM »

What does it tell me?  It tells me one of three things.

A. The information my friend has is wrong, period.  Quite possible.

or:

B. Dizzy & Lisa are just as much in the dark as anyone else is in regards to GNR.  Which leads me to point C.

C. The story being told by Sanctuary (where it seems like Mysteron gets most of his information from) and Interscope (Which is definitely my friends source for the majority of his information) are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum.  This would also explain all sorts of anomalies, including but not limited to:

1. Axl being at odds with GH's release - going so far as considering a lawsuit.

2. Sanctuary mentioning preparing for the albums release - but no talk of such coming from the Interscope side of things.

3. No mention of Rio IV on gnronline.com - the site currently maintained by Interscope, not by Sanctuary.

As far as Maynard getting pissed and tossing his mike down.  Its one song - not one show.. at least the guy shows up where he's booked.  And, just TRY to tell me that information is less free-flowing from the TOOL / NIN camps than it ever is with GNR.  And if you do that, be sure to cite examples - because I sure dont see them.  Trent & Maynard may take a while - but at least they don't have Concert Promotion publications saying that either are "No longer an arena act".

dave, take off the rose covered (no pun intended) glasses and start seeing the forest through the trees.  There's chaos in GNR world - and no amount of Dizzy's "uh huh, its coming" and Bucket's introductions as "Guns n' Roses guitarist" events are going to settle things down.  Unless and until the red headed recluse decides to speak up - expect this kind of stuff to only get worse.  Just wait until someone's current contract with GNR ends - I cant WAIT to see people speak when they're freely allowed to.

I love Axl as much as anyone - but pretty much ALL of this is his fault.  The sooner HE realizes that, the sooner that he can let the music calm the masses and make the last 10 years fade away as the opening riffs of the disc take us away.

Until then, sorry - but where there's smoke, there's fire.  Call me a liar and a BS artist and anything else you want - but look at the undeniable facts and you'll see the reality of the situation.

-darknemus

I really like Dark, and respect him, but he doesn't have the best judgement in people (Latigo, Raoxsle person, the person who made the fake Finck interview...) and he has been wrong with his information before. I don't really remember when he's been right. But I still dig his posts Smiley

Tied hands does have a source close to the band. I would take his information over some radio MD from Florida any day of the week. I'm not saying Tied Hands source is telling him the full truth, because I don't know. I know he's not lying, and I'll ask people not to PM the guy with questions. He won't tell you anything, and he doesn't need to be grilled. Just take what he says with a grain of salt if you want, or believe him.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 12:14:49 AM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #137 on: February 22, 2004, 12:23:18 AM »

Well tied hands mentioned the end of May thing.  Which would fit in with what I heard last November, when GH was pulled for the first time.  That an agreement was made to release CD within 6 months (that period ending at the end of May) - the same person told me this that has relayed the current gloom and doom scenario.  I just think its a situation of things being constantly fluid.

Oh, and what the hell, I'll address these points:

The fake Finck interview: Actually, if I recall, I helped debunk the thing.  It was a while ago now, though.

raoxsle: There were some things that raoxsle posted that made me buy into his authenticity, with certain caveats.  I also posted some positive public comments about the individual to lull him into a false sense of private security - all a part of the chase, so to speak.  I was specifically looking for matching patterns in text / typing style to see if I could place exactly who the person was.  There's a bit of backstory on the raoxsle thing that directly ties into the evil name I'll mention next (only because you did first)

Latigo: I've promised an eventual full disclosure on that story - and it will be forthcoming.  If you know me, then you know I want to do my best to have all my information laid out in a logical coherent order before I attempt to explain it to others.  It is near impossible for anyone to understand the reasons why there were many of us convinced of the authenticity on this issue - not just me, mind you.  Its been all about research and cross-checking of facts since day one on the Latigo situation.  Ask anyone that knows me (mostly the people I chat with on an almost daily basis) and they might be able to provide you a bit more insight on my character and my quirks.

-darknemus

misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2004, 12:28:11 AM »

Well tied hands mentioned the end of May thing.  Which would fit in with what I heard last November, when GH was pulled for the first time.  That an agreement was made to release CD within 6 months (that period ending at the end of May) - the same person told me this that has relayed the current gloom and doom scenario.  I just think its a situation of things being constantly fluid.

Oh, and what the hell, I'll address these points:

The fake Finck interview: Actually, if I recall, I helped debunk the thing.  It was a while ago now, though.

raoxsle: There were some things that raoxsle posted that made me buy into his authenticity, with certain caveats.  I also posted some positive public comments about the individual to lull him into a false sense of private security - all a part of the chase, so to speak.  I was specifically looking for matching patterns in text / typing style to see if I could place exactly who the person was.  There's a bit of backstory on the raoxsle thing that directly ties into the evil name I'll mention next (only because you did first)

Latigo: I've promised an eventual full disclosure on that story - and it will be forthcoming.  If you know me, then you know I want to do my best to have all my information laid out in a logical coherent order before I attempt to explain it to others.  It is near impossible for anyone to understand the reasons why there were many of us convinced of the authenticity on this issue - not just me, mind you.  Its been all about research and cross-checking of facts since day one on the Latigo situation.  Ask anyone that knows me (mostly the people I chat with on an almost daily basis) and they might be able to provide you a bit more insight on my character and my quirks.

-darknemus

Well, I'm giving you full benefit of the doubt, Dark  ok

The fake Finck interview was when the kid sent you the supposed article and you said it looked legit, even though it had articles over a year old surrounding it, and it wasn't a very good paste job hihi

I don't doubt you've been told this, but this isn't that difficult of a situation from what I understand, and no real conspiracy that effects the band or Chinese Democracy.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2004, 12:33:54 AM »

Yes, I remember the Finck thing now.  And my initial comments surrounding it.  I also recall that after I had a bit of time to do some research, I found links to the 'original' copy of the magazine - without the Finck article, hence debunking it.  I'm the first person to admit I can't tell the difference between a lousy paste job and a good one.  Aesthetics isn't my strong suit, most definitely.

And, for the record, I'd love tied hands to be right on the money and for us to get CD before the end of May, myself.  Because god knows I was jazzed when I initially got that info 6 months ago.  Its just the ups and downs of this roller coaster get a bit.. nerve racking after a while.  And yes, I realize some of that we fully bring upon ourselves - no one being more guilty of that stigma than myself.

-darknemus

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: